20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 144.
#501 6 years ago

On FB, Cointaker said game release info is coming on Tuesday. I imagine we will see the actual game variations. Stoked!

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the fuck dude, I was just wondering if he had inside info

I had a bunch of assholes saying the same thing to me and not because they thought I had inside info. Being a Stern employee is commonly used as an insult on Pinside along with being called "Jody" a well known Stern employee. If that was not your intention I am sorry but know that calling someone a Stern employee says more than you are aware.

#503 6 years ago

I've been running my mouth a bit about how excited I was for this pin. Seriously had to step away from the keyboard last night or I'd be sure to say something even more stupid than normal. A bit embarrassed about how emotionally invested I got in the reveal yesterday. I've been a Stern customer waaaay to long not to have seen the oncoming kick-in-the-nuts. No other company kills the buzz quite like Stern. I'm sure I'll be super-excited when the pics come out, but dang... why does this have to be such a cluster.

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

True. And you know if you're in an old band when no one has a beard. All new bandmembers must have beards.

The hot new band: ZZ Top

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The new Iron Maiden artwork looks like childs play compared to the 80’s artwork. Its not terrible but it’s definitely not as good as the old stuff.

Yeah the first thing I thought of was newer "animated" kids shows that I guess you would call cartoons but nothing like cartoons used to be.
We shall see though

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah the first thing I thought of was newer "animated" kids shows that I guess you would call cartoons but nothing like cartoons used to be.
We shall see though

If this game is based off of their new stuff art and music wise both, then Stern phuking blew it big time. This game should have been 80’s art and 80’s songs.

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If this game is based off of their new stuff art and music wise both, then Stern phuking blew it big time. This game should have been 80’s art and 80’s songs.

Youll have to wait some more to find out if they bkew it or not

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Youll have to wait some more to find out if they bkew it or not

99% chance they blew it. You can tell that with the art style in the teaser video.

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You guys are funny. All up in arms waisting your Saturday starring at a soundless pinball feed

This is the hobby we all belong to and we like to watch the best players on the planet rule these games. Just like a kid who plays basketball likes to watch the NCAA tournament. We are fans of the hobby and the sport, sorry if you don't get it.

#510 6 years ago

It would have been great if Stern was more specific. Something like, "New game title announcement Saturday with photo reveal coming Tuesday!" I bet at least 20% of the people watching the stream were there to see the new game.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It would have been great if Stern was more specific. Something like, "New game title announcement Saturday with photo reveal coming Tuesday!" I bet at least 20% of the people watching the stream were there to see the new game.

Yes, that was exactly all it needed. For some reason that thought process keeps getting lost. Manage expectations.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sure, but, vodka.

#513 6 years ago

They should of had final game of the championship on the all new Iron Maiden !!

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sure, but, vodka.

Gary is a gin man

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from Greg2608:

They should of had final game of the championship on the all new Iron Maiden !!

Right, and how awful would it look if Keith Elwin had made it to the final match... here’s the new machine, and the guy who designed and possibly did the code for it as your opponent good luck

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

Right, and how awful would it look.../blockquote>

It wouldn't be that bad, Lyman still competes and plays his games.

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

O.K. the "Reveal" sucked.
We all know we're gonna buy the game anyway.

Absolutely not a given in our case. I really like Maiden and WANT to buy this pin, but Stern gets zero free passes anymore after their last few years of abusing customers like us with cost cutting (while simultaneously raising prices) and releasing massively unfinished games that took forever to even get to 1.00 code (and some still aren't). This is definitely a wait and see on the art, the layout, the build, and the code at release. If it's underwhelming, no sale.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

On FB, Cointaker said game release info is coming on Tuesday. I imagine we will see the actual game variations. Stoked!

Get ready for some possible WWE trim. They have a lot to get rid of.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Jack Danger immediately after the video was shown:
"This is freaking amazing!"
Is it just me or does anyone else feel uncomfortable watching a room filled with people feigning excitement over something they all knew a year ago in order to make a stream to viewers who all knew this a year ago?
And all to a video showing the text "Iron Maiden" followed by the text "Stern Pinball"? Have I slipped into some alternate dimension?

It’s not just you! I swear I was waiting for Rod Serling to step out of the shadows...

1B16EC1F-4916-47C4-B716-F776022F2F05 (resized).png1B16EC1F-4916-47C4-B716-F776022F2F05 (resized).png

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Problem is, they need video content, and they're not going to make that much from scratch, so I bet we get stuff from that crappy mobile game.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It wouldn't be that bad, Lyman still competes and plays his games.

Ok, if you made it that far in the competition you’re an amazing player, but it’s a tad unfair to say here’s the new game and the person you’re up against knows the rule set & playfield inside and out... and you’ve had all of 5 mins to look it over and hastily read a rule card or sheet. Maybe if you’re up against another player that has no clue

#522 6 years ago

I’m sorry, Stern’s marketing is a joke. I could have spent all of 30 minutes In adobe after effects and produced the same drawn out garbage motion graphics animation... really... people spend thousands of dollars on a pin and get emotionally involved and u drop a college intern level motion bump? Please

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I’m sorry, Stern’s marketing is a joke. I could have spent all of 30 minutes In adobe after effects and produced the same drawn out garbage motion graphics animation... really... people spend thousands of dollars on a pin and get emotionally involved and u drop a college intern level motion bump? Please

30 minutes? How about 15 or maybe even less. There was nothing to it. A stock lightning effect and some fades.

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gary is a gin man

No he’s not.

Vodka all the way for GS.

rd

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

This is the hobby we all belong to and we like to watch the best players on the planet rule these games. Just like a kid who plays basketball likes to watch the NCAA tournament. We are fans of the hobby and the sport, sorry if you don't get it.

If you enjoy watching it great. The people doing that is not what my post was for so maybe you don't get it? It was for the people only watching it for the reveal then bitching because it was a waste of their time.

#526 6 years ago

I stand corrected PinMonk I was being generous lol

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

and you’ve had all of 5 mins to look it over and hastily read a rule card or sheet. Maybe if you’re up against another player that has no clue

Oh haha...dumb me, yes you're totally right.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I stand corrected vireland I was being generous lol

So was I.

#529 6 years ago

Considering the amount of cash a NIB can generate, it never ceases to amaze how many complete buffoons have decision making power at these companies.

#530 6 years ago

There was a mix up with the videos. This is the official Iron Maiden launch vid..

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Absolutely not a given in our case. I really like Maiden and WANT to buy this pin, but Stern gets zero free passes anymore after their last few years of abusing customers like us with cost cutting (while simultaneously raising prices) and releasing massively unfinished games that took forever to even get to 1.00 code (and some still aren't). This is definitely a wait and see on the art, the layout, the build, and the code at release. If it's underwhelming, no sale.

I agree 100%.

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Jack Danger immediately after the video was shown:

"This is freaking amazing!"

That guy is a gameshow host, I'm sure hes a nice fella and all but its like a used car salesman he is telling you want you want to hear. I have no time for it, its like the guys who operate pins or sell mods they have a completely different motive for being on this site than just the player/collector and its real obvious. Oh Yeah

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Considering the amount of cash a NIB can generate, it never ceases to amaze how many complete buffoons have decision making power at these companies.

Gary Stern is a smart business man and he would spend the money on Ad/marketing if needed, but pinheads will buy the game regardless. They might even say upon release "this pin is turd I wouldn't spend a dime on it" and a year later its the greatest thing ever and a must have, I think we all know more than just a a few pins that fall into this category and even more pinsiders.

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That guy is a gameshow host, I'm sure hes a nice fella and all but its like a used car salesman he is telling you want you want to hear. I have no time for it, its like the guys who operate pins or sell mods they have a completely different motive for being on this site than just the player/collector and its real obvious. Oh Yeah

Lol. Hipster for hire.

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Lol. Hipster for hire.

Please tell me that his actual last name is "Danger" and that he didn't give himself that name.

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Please tell me that his actual last name is "Danger" and that he didn't give himself that name.

Hey buddy leave DeadFlip alone. Maybe Danger is his middle name just like Austin Powers, who cares... He works his tail off for pinball streaming usually every weeknight. I imagine he will be driving up to Wisconsin soon to show everyone Alice Cooper also. God knows Charlie can't film a pinball video to save his life (see Spooky's Facebook) Anyways, my point is that he isn't a Stern shill, just a good dude that streams a ton of pinball.

#537 6 years ago

What no mention yet or abbreviation to its acronym? Fingher's crossed I'm the first!

IMLOTB

It just rolls of the tongue... wait let me get all of it...

SPIMLOTB.

Ahh. Much better.

If your interested in this band or this title I'm sure its golden, but really here, its title will forever be an acronym. So not time to dally.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

What no mention yet or abbreviation to its acronym? Fingher's crossed I'm the first!
IMLOTB
It just rolls of the tongue... wait let me get all of it...
SPIMLOTB.
Ahh. Much better.
If your interested in this band or this title I'm sure its golden, but really here, its title will forever be an acronym. So not time to dally.

IMDN

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey buddy leave deadflip alone. Maybe Danger is his middle name just like Austin Powers, who cares... He works his tail off for pinball streaming usually every weeknight. I imagine he will be driving up to Wisconsin soon to show everyone Alice Cooper also. God knows Charlie can't film a pinball video to save his life (see Spooky's Facebook) Anyways, my point is that he isn't a Stern shill, just a good dude that streams a ton of pinball.

Yeah and its all good will right, nothing to do with money or very limited fame? Don't be naive, that being said I do appreciate what he does but come on, thats like when people make out that Cointaker are the salt of the earth, they have one goal to make money selling pinball machines and lights etc. nothing wrong with that at all but please don't talk foolish.

#540 6 years ago

Yup, this was settled like a month ago.

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey buddy leave deadflip alone. Maybe Danger is his middle name

LMAO!

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey buddy leave deadflip alone. Maybe Danger is his middle name just like Austin Powers, who cares... He works his tail off for pinball streaming usually every weeknight. I imagine he will be driving up to Wisconsin soon to show everyone Alice Cooper also. God knows Charlie can't film a pinball video to save his life (see Spooky's Facebook) Anyways, my point is that he isn't a Stern shill, just a good dude that streams a ton of pinball.

Sorry. I meant no disrespect.

What do I know? Maybe it's me. John Legend bugs me for the same reason.

#543 6 years ago

Hmm interesting! This is from another thread on IMDN

Quoted from PinB:

Keith Elwin is the designer & ruleset creator. Implementing his ruleset will be Rick Naegele as lead programmer.
This was all according to Gomez who announced this during his TPF presentation when he showed a pic of the next game’s design team.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hmm interesting! This is from another thread on IMDN

Yes this has been documented several times, except the Rick part. Keith himself confirmed that he did 100% of the rules on tilt forums also.

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Deadflip is a good guy and he is passionate about pinball and a pretty damn good player as well. If i was Stern i would even consider hiring him. Im sure he could bring some value to the company with ideas on games, and being their spokesperson etc. He’s a cool guy though and he loves pinball as much or more than anyone that ive ever seen so hes alright by me.

#546 6 years ago

A.) Everyone knew Iron Maiden was the next game.. everyone, it was the worst kept secret in Pinball. George Gomez talked about “Titanium Man” at TPF.

B.) Who gives a shit about the quality of the stupid teaser? It will be watched for like 3 days.

C.). Rules by Keith Elwin will give people a tough game, for all of you cheaters that have your games on 5 ball, infinite extra balls, 5 degree incline, and bitch about no wizard mode in the code yet.

D.). Maiden is awesome. Even if you hate them it’s impossible to not be entertained at their shows. There is lots of cool material to use with their stage show.

E.). A reveal will be coming soon, and plenty of you will find stuff wrong with it even though you likely don’t have the money or won’t buy one anyway.

F.) stern could literally put out the guardians playfield again, and write Iron Maiden in Marker on the side and they will sell 15k games, so anything that you say matters to their sales. Won’t..

G.). If stern asked you to come announce their game on live stream, you would do it despite what you say and you would sound like a complete asshat doing it. At least many of us enjoy jack danger and appreciate what he is doing for Pinball.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

A.) Everyone knew Iron Maiden was the next game.. everyone, it was the worst kept secret in Pinball. George Gomez talked about “Titanium Man” at TPF.
B.) Who gives a shit about the quality of the stupid teaser? It will be watched for like 3 days.
C.). Rules by Keith Elwin will give people a tough game, for all of you cheaters that have your games on 5 ball, infinite extra balls, 5 degree incline, and bitch about no wizard mode in the code yet.
D.). Maiden is awesome. Even if you hate them it’s impossible to not be entertained at their shows. There is lots of cool material to use with their stage show.
E.). A reveal will be coming soon, and plenty of you will find stuff wrong with it even though you likely don’t have the money or won’t buy one anyway.
F.) stern could literally put out the guardians playfield again, and write Iron Maiden in Marker on the side and they will sell 15k games, so anything that you say matters to their sales. Won’t..
G.). If stern asked you to come announce their game on live stream, you would do it despite what you say and you would sound like a complete asshat doing it. At least many of us enjoy jack danger and appreciate what he is doing for Pinball.

What about H through Z?

I’m wondering if the “Legacy of the Beast” subtitle hints at it being more story driven (like Alice) instead of jukebox (Stern’s music pins).

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What about H through Z?

I only know the alphabet through G.. Tom!

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

When have they ever sold 15K games of any title in recent history?

#550 6 years ago

Aerosmith AND Iron Maiden get a pin before Pink Floyd. How tragic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.