20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 144.
#5201 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What is the LE surprise i keep hearing about? i know it is a surprise..

mnpinball gets his today. Hopefully he shares some pics.

#5202 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So if someone called to order a Pro right now how long would it take to get one? I assume there arent any in stock anywhere right? Not that im thinking about doing that or anything but i was just wondering.

I have Pros in stock

[email protected]

#5203 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Apparently the custom shooter rod isnt on them now.....

I just asked about the shooter rods on Facebook

847961C0-AC6B-45E6-956A-92979738E3E7 (resized).jpeg847961C0-AC6B-45E6-956A-92979738E3E7 (resized).jpeg

#5204 5 years ago

Ok, so the band has officially announced the machine. So I would think that Stern could release pictures of the Premium artwork now. Am I missing something?

#5205 5 years ago

They call it a custom shooter “knob”. Maybe it snaps over the standard shooter rod.

#5206 5 years ago

I'll take this as an acceptable premium translite. Thanks

DqZVJn (resized).jpgDqZVJn (resized).jpg

#5207 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What is the LE surprise i keep hearing about? i know it is a surprise..

How about a matching powder coated coin door and a topper?

#5208 5 years ago

People flipping out over the shooter rod - you realize these are made on an assembly line, the video is mid-assembly, and for all we know the last step on the line is swapping it out? They aren't going to list this as a feature on the matrix, show it in promo photos, then not deliver.

#5209 5 years ago

The armor looks like it's the same red used on Star Trek Premium. If so it's basically impossible to photograph it properly, it looks amazing in person.

#5210 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

People flipping out over the shooter rod - you realize these are made on an assembly line, the video is mid-assembly, and for all we know the last step on the line is swapping it out?

I'd prefer a standard one anyways

#5211 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

People flipping out over the shooter rod - you realize these are made on an assembly line, the video is mid-assembly, and for all we know the last step on the line is swapping it out? They aren't going to list this as a feature on the matrix, show it in promo photos, then not deliver.

Not sure who is “flipping out”? I just asked a question.

#5212 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not sure who is “flipping out”? I just asked a question.

Just seen it come a couple times in the thread, which was surprising. Going to Stern with it seemed a bit much. But whatever, I get the excitement regarding the whole thing.

#5213 5 years ago

Are Premiums still slated to go on the line at the end of May, or has that been pushed back?

#5214 5 years ago

Lyons Classic Pinball's Iron Maiden LE is in the state and scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday but we are working on getting it here today. Wish us luck.Might be playable tonight.

#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Ok, so the band has officially announced the machine. So I would think that Stern could release pictures of the Premium artwork now. Am I missing something?

Got a link to that announcement?

#5217 5 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Technically MAP is only the minimum advertised price, thus distributors can sell it for whatever they want to. Unless these distributors have entered an actual agreement, they're free to not follow the policy. They just do so knowing that if they violate a company's MAP policy, they're at risk for having their source of inventory opting not to sell to them anymore.

Right, a distributor is probably not going to get sued by Stern for selling below the price floor, but would you risk your livelihood if you knew you might lose access to the biggest (by a huge margin) manufacturer’s goods if you don’t respect their pricing rules? I doubt many distributors would take that chance, especially in the tiny world of pinball where news of any pricing “discrepancies” would get back to Stern quickly.

So I’m betting the $5k Pro price was also a “joke.”

#5218 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Right, a distributor is probably not going to get sued by Stern for selling below the price floor, but would you risk your livelihood if you knew you might lose access to the biggest (by a huge margin) manufacturer’s goods if you don’t respect their pricing rules? I doubt many distributors would take that chance, especially in the tiny world of pinball where news of any pricing “discrepancies” would get back to Stern quickly.
So I’m betting the $5k Pro price was also a “joke.”

Yes, skyemont is a gifted comedian. Like Biff Tannen in Back to the Future.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5219 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Just seen it come a couple times in the thread, which was surprising. Going to Stern with it seemed a bit much. But whatever, I get the excitement regarding the whole thing.

Just asking a question.. I just spent $8800 on a toy and don’t want any surprises when I open the box. Just like Stern expects my check to cash, I expect what’s on the feature matrix to be on the game.

#5220 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Word of advice, if you receive a price quote from a distributor for less than MAP pricing, please keep it to yourself. It is this exact reason why Stern has implemented minimum pricing structure. Too many people talking pricing, if you get a good deal, keep it to yourself, loose lips sink ships. This minimum pricing structure is bs and distributors should be able to sell for what they want to.

I am with you on this , Stern has the best Pinball machine company hands down but the sales model and vendors policies suck sheet! I am out now do to the 1000 dollar price hike for a lower quality glorified Home pin ! and I love maiden and this game . Played a Pro last night and I was very happy with the game . Quality control on his game was good too/ perhaps they got that ironed out / next they need to reward repeat customers with better deals than the ordinary first customer that buys a game . So they get the game at the same price who spent over 25k at a certain pinball shop /

#5221 5 years ago

Just asking a question.. I just spent $8800 on a toy and don’t want any surprises when I open the box. Just like Stern expects my check to cash, I expect what’s on the feature matrix to be on the game.

That's totally legit!

#5222 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That’s awsome!!!

#5223 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Dunno, maybe they'll pull the GoT "as designed" bit after the fact.

#5224 5 years ago

I just spent $8800 on a toy

You got ripped off and I got mine for 8K from skyemont's distributor.

#5225 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Wtf?

#5226 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I can get a NIB delivered for 5k. Is that a good deal?

#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

LMAO BoJo left off this guy—->

#5228 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That would be incredible artwork.

#5229 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I kind of hope so too. It will make the decision to stick with my LE easier for me.

#5230 5 years ago

Actually the difference between the Premium and the LE seems OK--looks like you are getting value for the extra $. It is the jump from the Pro to the Premium that does not really pencil out.

#5232 5 years ago

MAP = Minimum ADVERTISED Price

The distributors can sell it for anything they want, higher or lower than the MAP

Stern can't control what a distributor actually sells it for, because that would violate federal price fixing laws.

BOSE speaker company got in trouble with the feds for trying to fix the SELLING price from it's dealers.

So now you always see the same ADVERTISED price everywhere when BOSE are on sale, yet you can buy them for much less in person.

(BTW, I'm certainly NOT suggesting you buy BOSE, lol.....)

#5233 5 years ago

Great now I gotta check two forums a million times per day

#5234 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Great now I gotta check two forums a million times per day

Moderators just gotta link up their forum topics! I was going to start one but didn't want to get yelled at for starting a new topic...

#5235 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

MAP = Minimum ADVERTISED Price
The distributors can sell it for anything they want, higher or lower than the MAP
Stern can't control what a distributor actually sells it for, because that would violate federal price fixing laws.
BOSE speaker company got in trouble with the feds for trying to fix the SELLING price from it's dealers.
So now you always see the same ADVERTISED price everywhere when BOSE are on sale, yet you can buy them for much less in person.
(BTW, I'm certainly NOT suggesting you buy BOSE, lol.....)

So Stern basically suggested that the distributors collude to fix prices

#5236 5 years ago

LE unboxing soon

2A45D3F2-13BD-4FFE-AE36-9DF989907FE5 (resized).jpeg2A45D3F2-13BD-4FFE-AE36-9DF989907FE5 (resized).jpeg

#5237 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So Stern basically suggested that the distributors collude to fix prices

Stern witch hunt....no collusion. sad.

-

It's like Canon pro lenses.

The **sale** price is the same on every web site.

But if you go into a camera shop, they always give you a discount. If you call and order through a sales associate, they give you a discount.

#5238 5 years ago

Congrats. Get that box open. Looking forward to the pics.

#5239 5 years ago

There will be an LE up and running at Tilt Pinball Bar in Minneapolis today

31890666_918392158332088_1776360746632871936_n (resized).jpg31890666_918392158332088_1776360746632871936_n (resized).jpg

#5240 5 years ago

Too many boxes!!! Free your LE!!!!

#5241 5 years ago

It will be interesting to get some firsthand feedback on the LE/Premium playfield features vs the pro. If the premium art totally blows, I could see possibly downgrading, especially if the added features don't play well.

#5242 5 years ago

Where's RobT and that cryin brat pic?
I WANT MINE NOW TOO WHAAAA!

#5243 5 years ago

Ohhhhh man!! Two LE’s to follow today!

#5244 5 years ago

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone heard when we'll see some premium pics?

#5245 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

LE unboxing soon

You are much braver (and patient) than me. With the damage to that box (looks like 3 or 4 holes) I would have had to open it before the shippers left and I signed for the delivery with the cost of these games.

Hope all is 100% and you have a great unboxing party!

#5246 5 years ago

"Pros are for poor people" - Centerflank

#5247 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone heard when we'll see some premium pics?

Premium Pics to be released late next week.
Premium to go into production in about 2 weeks as well.

Trust me on this...I'M NOT Distributor HYPING the game. This is coming from the heart as a player.
I REALLY DO enjoy playing the pro that we have had on the floor.
I think it's time for me to trade in one of the games from my home and trade it out for an Iron Maiden, not sure
if it will be a Pro or Premium yet. I've got to see/play a Premium first to see which model I like better for my own reasons.

What I've noticed about Iron Maiden (the band) for as long as I've known them. You either love them...or blahhh. I remember
first seeing EDDIE on posters and vinyl albums back when I was in 7th grade and thought it looked really cool. However I couldn't
get into the music. Their music has never been my thing...but no disrespect to those that love them. It just wasn't for me, as they say to each their own.

Now I must admit however, after playing our showroom floor pro model. It's an adrenal rush and the music is growing on me.
I find myself driving to and from the store listening to Iron Maiden: Ace's High, Wasted Years, The Trooper etc. on Youtube now.

I hosted a launch party at our store a couple of weeks ago. Provided pizza, beer, chips and drinks to those that attended. Created some
cool giveaway lanyards to all those that attended and gave away some cool awards for those that won the tournament. Good times.
Whether you are a Maiden fan or not, everyone seems to love the game.

iron maiden launch - fun1 (resized).jpgiron maiden launch - fun1 (resized).jpg

iron maiden launch - fun2 (resized).jpgiron maiden launch - fun2 (resized).jpg

iron maiden launch - fun3 (resized).jpgiron maiden launch - fun3 (resized).jpg

iron maiden launch - fun4 (resized).jpgiron maiden launch - fun4 (resized).jpg

#5248 5 years ago

2BA085CC-3F0E-482B-9C73-4D4B11BC95FC (resized).jpeg2BA085CC-3F0E-482B-9C73-4D4B11BC95FC (resized).jpeg

25913289-0762-4181-BD36-22E8B5999E95 (resized).jpeg25913289-0762-4181-BD36-22E8B5999E95 (resized).jpeg

236A0489-8EC2-4A01-B226-155A88AAA65F (resized).jpeg236A0489-8EC2-4A01-B226-155A88AAA65F (resized).jpeg

04C85BB6-5BEB-4788-8B02-281796E2D44F (resized).jpeg04C85BB6-5BEB-4788-8B02-281796E2D44F (resized).jpeg

#5249 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

mnpinball gets his today. Hopefully he shares some pics.

It's here. But I'm not. So will have to wait a few days to unbox it. My wonderful wife sent me the pic.

IMG_6974 (resized).JPGIMG_6974 (resized).JPG

#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Premium Pics to be released late next week.
Premium to go into production in about 2 weeks as well.
Trust me on this...I'M NOT Distributor HYPING the game. This is coming from the heart as a player.
I REALLY DO enjoy playing the pro that we have had on the floor.
I think it's time for me to trade in one of the games from my home and trade it out for an Iron Maiden, not sure
if it will be a Pro or Premium yet. I've got to see/play a Premium first to see which model I like better for my own reasons.
What I've noticed about Iron Maiden (the band) for as long as I've known them. You either love them...or blahhh. I remember
first seeing EDDIE on posters and vinyl albums back when I was in 7th grade and thought it looked really cool. However I couldn't
get into the music. Their music has never been my thing...but no disrespect to those that love them. It just wasn't for me, as they say to each their own.
Now I must admit however, after playing our showroom floor pro model. It's an adrenal rush and the music is growing on me.
I find myself driving to and from the store listening to Iron Maiden: Ace's High, Wasted Years, The Trooper etc. on Youtube now.
I hosted a launch party at our store a couple of weeks ago. Provided pizza, beer, chips and drinks to those that attended. Created some
cool giveaway lanyards to all those that attended and gave away some cool awards for those that won the tournament. Good times.
Whether you are a Maiden fan or not, everyone seems to love the game.

Thank you for the info! Looks like it was a great launch party.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/105?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.