20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 144.
#5101 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

that begs the question of when they plan on shipping the LEs for north america (which could be as late as the end of this month or early june)

My LE shipped yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow.

As well the Tilt Pinball bar in Minneapolis will also have his tomorrow and will have the first one on route in Minnesota !

#5102 5 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Has anyone else heard about these LE "surprises?" I'm really curious what these could be.

Initial rumor was that the speaker grills red trim was going to be illuminated but that was debunked.

#5103 5 years ago

Start button not mounted straight?!?

#5104 5 years ago

Man, if we aren't seeing Premiums until June or even July, I might need to fill my empty spot for those couple months.

#5105 5 years ago

No it just looks bigger than the normal start button

Quoted from Koos:

Start button not mounted straight?!?

#5106 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Man, if we aren't seeing Premiums until June or even July, I might need to fill my empty spot for those couple months.

It's definitely getting frustrating, particularly when you hear of the upcoming runs of games being spoken for. I'm 100% in for a Pro or Premium, but just waiting on seeing the Premium before making the decision/placing the order. I refuse to put that much $ down on a game I've never seen.

#5107 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

It's definitely getting frustrating, particularly when you hear of the upcoming runs of games being spoken for. I'm 100% in for a Pro or Premium, but just waiting on seeing the Premium before making the decision/placing the order. I refuse to put that much $ down on a game I've never seen.

Place your order for the Premium with the proviso you can change to a pro if you don’t like what you see. That way at least you’re in line.

#5108 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I was thinking of adding a 3rd game this fall anyway... maybe I'll just move that up to now and IMDN can be my third game when it finally arrives.

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

The surprises mnpinball mentioned in an earlier post:
"This LE is going to put the Bat66 Super LE to shame. The bar has been raised.
There's even going to be a few surprises not on the published matrix list ."

The bar couldn't get any lower after SWLE (which I own). I'm glad to see IMDNLE has nice extras to make the LE moniker more worthy.

Rob

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The bar couldn't get any lower after SWLE

Why did you buy it then? SW was a clear example that the Pro was the best overall option. I recently sold my pro no complaints at all and no thoughts what so ever as to bang for ur buck.

#5111 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why did you buy it then? SW was a clear example that the Pro was the best overall option. I recently sold my pro no complaints at all and no thoughts what so ever as to bang for ur buck.

Yikes! The Premium/LE was barren enough. The Pro looks like a Home Edition.

#5112 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Place your order for the Premium with the proviso you can change to a pro if you don’t like what you see. That way at least you’re in line.

You are encouraging him to buy a pin, sight unseen and unplayed. Think about that, it goes against every good intention and suggestion on Pinside. Instead of adapting this poor behavior, he has chosen to wait to see the Prem before putting in his order. That man is smart and disciplined.

Stern needs to reveal all models at the same time. If you'll think back to some of Stern's releases where this did not happen, you'll see chaos and hurt feelings from initial buyers that would have bought the other model. SM followed by BSM (unannounced), TWDLE followed by TWDPrem (existence denied) and MaidenLE (almost ahead of LE pics and way ahead of MaidenPrem). Unless someone recalls another title, that makes 3 for Stern. (Did TronLE get sold before the Prem was announced)? And worse, no lesson has been learned on future releases.

JJP initially made this mistake on their first game WOZ, after LE's were sold out, new special additions occasionally appeared (unannounced). So when TH came out and Jack's hand was forced to announce Smaug edition (it occur ahead of LE production) he allowed buyers to switch orders before production began. I'll count that as occurring on time. On POTC JJP gave us a pizza spinner on all models, but since this change occurred ahead of payment balances were asked for, it too gets counted as occurring on time.

So Stern needs to wake up and quit jerking their customers around. If someone says well they couldn't announce the LE or Prem, only Maiden can do that. I'd ask why even show us any model of Maiden then? or sell them? Stern can build and stick them in a warehouse the size from Lost Raiders and wait until Maiden announces them, for all I care. WHEN all three models are ready, they should be announced and shown simultaneously. And only then should initial LE's orders begin. Definitely not what we have now.

It used to be Stern would occasionally sell games with no initial code (SM, TWD, BM66) to get them out the door and promise code updates later. But now they want to sell pro and LE games when they aren't even ready to show the premium? It is possible there is a change or something they need approval still. Maybe they don't want to hype something they can't fit into their production line for two months anyways. Who really knows why the premium haven't been shown yet {and not the version 99% of us have in our heads already}? Having seen the actual pro pin and pics for about a month and the LE pics for a few weeks, it is starting to drain my enthusiasm waiting for the premium. It making me a little hot around the collar actually, so I may need to step back and to stop following Maiden threads so closely until Stern gets their act together.

#5113 5 years ago

Just got a call on my le. In route and will be delivered Tuesday.

Screenshot_20180425-151456 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180425-151456 (resized).png

#5114 5 years ago

#5115 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Ummm... Sorry but there is no armpit hair... I shave my armpits man... I think armpit hair is gross... And I'm not ashamed of that image... I look good in it... I almost looked that good again a few weeks back.. .I little bit skinnier, but then I went on a week long binge of junk food and not working out... Gotta hit the gym hard again.

Congrats I suppose but I was quite surprised to see that image used as an avatar. With all due respect, and I mean to the rest of us, we don't need to see anyone's bare-chested selfie. There is another guy who has a picture of himself topless, doing the hulk thing I guess.

Just weird to me that people do this (IMO of course). Now with saying that I am fairly low key so you will never see anything like this from me.

Back to Pinball and far away from selfies as we can get, unless maybe they are on DI or JJPOTC but please keep your top on

#5116 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

Sweet! I can’t wait to see some unboxing pics and also to see that killer mirrored BG lit up!

#5117 5 years ago

dnaman in all fairness, some were only bothered by the alleged armpit hair. Mostly by whether it was there or not there?

#5118 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

As well the Tilt Pinball bar in Minneapolis will also have his tomorrow and will have the first one on route in Minnesota !

ok, if people's LEs are being shipped and delivered as early as tomorrow just how the f*ck is there still an embargo on the artwork?!?
here's yet another way that stern is finding a way to turn success into failure (and rather quickly

#5119 5 years ago

Perhaps Stern got tired of waiting on the band to do something (they are obviously in no hurry), said "f@#k it, let's ship them and see if that doesn't get Maiden moving!" We are all quick to jump on Stern, maybe this one isn't their fault. Maybe...

#5120 5 years ago

It's clearly not Stern. Not defending them, but this is all Maiden. They have a tour starting in like, a week. Just do what I do...throw on some Hatebreed and destroy everything.

#5121 5 years ago

Really doubt the band is hemming and hawing over the art. I would imagine the hold up is their approval, but I also imagine that like most of the world they don’t give a fuck about pinball and it’s just about their lowest priority.

#5122 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern needs to reveal all models at the same time. ...
... and quit jerking their customers around. ...

Word

#5123 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Really doubt he band is hemming and hawing over the art. I would imagine the hold up is their approval, but I also imagine that like most of the world they don’t give a fuck about pinball and it’s just about their lowest priority.

Most likely correct, but someone in the band or their entourage knows enough about pinball and was smart enough to reportedly put the habeas grabbas on 50 LE's when they did the deal.

#5124 5 years ago

The biggest redemption with the art reveal fiasco is that Stern didn't halt production. They could have done that and then this thread would have exploded in rage. I feel Stern is for sure on our side on making sure we don't get caught up in paying and not getting what we paid for. I'd much rather have that then be locked in some scenario where we don't know when we're getting our games...

#5125 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

The biggest redemption with the art reveal fiasco is that Stern didn't halt production. They could have done that and then this thread would have exploded in rage. I feel Stern is for sure on our side on making sure we don't get caught up in paying and not getting what we paid for. I'd much rather have that then be locked in some scenario where we don't know when we're getting our games...

Exactly.

#5127 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I just saw a tweet from ironmaidenlegacy announcing the LE. It's now on Sterns site.
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/iron-maiden/le

Well, that's a start. Maybe shipping these did get the ball rolling.

#5128 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well, that's a start. Maybe shipping these did get the ball rolling.

"$$$ makes the world go around."

#5129 5 years ago

I also emailed zach sharpe about this, so maybe that's what got the ball rolling. who knows

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I also emailed zach sharpe about this, so maybe that's what got the ball rolling. who knows

If Zach was just waiting for your email, why didn't you do it sooner?

#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah!

#5132 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yikes! The Premium/LE was barren enough. The Pro looks like a Home Edition.

Wow, I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Lets get back to Maiden I don't want to rehash the SW debate with foolishness like "home edition" comparisons.

#5133 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

umm... I was busy getting ready for my duties at the ann arbor pinball showcase that starts tomorrow?

#5134 5 years ago

see above

#5135 5 years ago

Well, the code is immensely deeper, but actual playfield items I don't think it has as much "stuff" as spidey home, either. :O

#5136 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

umm... I was busy getting ready for my duties at the ann arbor pinball showcase that starts tomorrow?

Sorry jm yer gonna have to do better than that.

#5137 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sorry jm yer gonna have to do better than that.

ok, how about this?

stern correspondance (resized).pngstern correspondance (resized).png

#5138 5 years ago

Just sold yer email to Kate from cardmember services.

#5139 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ok, how about this?

uh... can you ask about the Premium too?

#5140 5 years ago

I just requested him a free sample of propecia

#5141 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just sold yer email to Kate from cardmember services.

godd@mnit! just received an email from some kate chick!

#5142 5 years ago

Don't worry! There's nothing wrong.

#5143 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Oooh, please be setup on Saturday, please please please....

#5144 5 years ago

Would it be possible for an Iron Maiden Pro owner to please supply me with a straight on, clear photo of the Trooper side art? There are photos out there, but most are on an angle or quality isn't great.

Cheers!
Adam.

#5145 5 years ago

I thought this was funny from the Maiden press release:

"The pinball machines were designed with Iron Maiden’s management and the Legacy Of The Beast creative team."

No Keith Elwin?

#5146 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I thought this was funny from the Maiden press release:
"The pinball machines were designed with Iron Maiden’s management and the Legacy Of The Beast creative team."
No Keith Elwin?

wow. way to treat the new employee like a rented mule

#5147 5 years ago

This whole thing is ridiculous. Not knowing the details of the licensing agreement I have to assume Stern would not violate it. Not worth the headache. Stern is doing what they do best. Say nothing or give as little info until absolutely necessary. If there was ANY issue holding up release they would delay until all was all good. Stern wants the LE model to continue...they knew the gameplay was solid....they tested the water with the pro and watched all the LE’s get gobbled up. No reason to release premium art as in the past since it will be a couple months before those ship. Let the hype train keep building....look at the flippers prices on LE’s......Premium will sell a TON from false value of the LE and all the hype.....as long as it has a “Killer” art package. Pun intended.

This is just a different type of marketing. Guess what.....it’s working as we all want to see the art package of the premium. LE owner’s want to feel good and not ripped off on the art. Others want to know if the premium package is worth it over the pro.

Just my opinion of the situation but who really knows.

#5148 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

No reason to release premium art as in the past since it will be a couple months before those ship.

Man I hope it won't be that long. My distributer last week was saying end of May early June for Premium.

#5149 5 years ago

Just had a browse through the LE / Premium manual.

Impressive, These model are jam packed with switches and LED's

Too many switches and LED's for me to count , lol

9 Node boards
68 + Switches ?
100 + Led's
6 ball through optos
18 Coils
1 Motor
Intelligent dome has 35 RGB's !
2 Proximity sensors Clair and Top ball

Interesting the target uses leaf switches

Will be my first Spike and after looking at the manual , The theory looks sound.
+ the fact that Stern does a great job of supporting their product
I'm a little less concerned now.

I really dig the electronics that goes on in these bad boys

Great work team Stern !

Ststus (resized).JPGStstus (resized).JPG

#5150 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow, I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Lets get back to Maiden I don't want to rehash the SW debate with foolishness like "home edition" comparisons.

Hey, you sexy Michael Myers.....the truth hurts!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/103?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.