20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 144.
#5001 5 years ago

Im glad that i slept really late today. It saved me almost 6 thousand dollars.

#5002 5 years ago

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

#5003 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Acdc Prem I would say. Swinging bell, red armor, lower play field, real train, dancing band, 8 drop targets, dancing band, tnt plunger, cross rail to cannon, hair chest Angus on the translite.
Acdc Pro is fun. Fast!

Exactly why I feel more should be in the Premium and Le for Maiden, feels like not enough big toys or things or something extravagant missing in the game.

#5004 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I dunno. Yes it is the best Stern game for years in my book I'm "kinda" bummed the added toys are "just" some mechs with pastics slapped on them instead of a molded sarcopahrcus & stuff. - Had a little bit higher expectations with the pro allready being that good.

Exactly

#5005 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Varitarget and drop in on the upper right is gone
Scoop on the bottom left is gone
raising left ramp is gone (replaced with the statue on top of the ramp that moves)
subway system is gone

Wish all this made into Maiden

#5006 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

$7300 should not result in flat plastics
($5700 shouldn't either)
Archer had a left outlane kickback didn't it?

Agreed, I played a Pro tonight next to a Ghostbusters and WOW is the GB theme integration incredible, even without the LCD. The IMDN gameplay is far better, I just didn’t feel as immersed. I will say IMDN BLOWS Aerosmith away both in gameplay and the LCD.

Is IMDN better than MET, I don’t know, but it’s close

#5007 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

No I stayed at work last nite all nite. Thats pretty much where all.of my time has been being spent for the last 3 weeks. Go to work, come home and sleep a little, get up and shower and eat and go back into work. It sucks but it's really good for my pinball fund. I have about 3 more weeks of the OT but i just keep telling myself that im working all this OT for an IMDN game and it makes me forget about not having a life for 6 weeks.

#5008 5 years ago

I bet there will be a lot of 3D after market plastic mods for this game made. Cant believe they cut out some of the best features from Archer to save a few bucks at that price point

#5009 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Wish all this made into Maiden

You and Keith both, no doubt.

It would have been nice, but enough was kept that the machine is pretty awesome and addictive.

#5010 5 years ago

Ch i

Quoted from PinMonk:You and Keith both, no doubt.
It would have been nice, but enough was kept that the machine is pretty awesome and addictive.

Yes, I still think it’s fun but upset or disappointed things left out as always want as much in a game especially in the Premium and Le models. The Pro is great. It just does not have the wow factor for a 4 flipper game compared to (TZ or Adams Family or IJ) was hoping for besides the great amount of shots. I like the diverter ramp on left wish I wish more game had like some of the older games. I wanted this game made for years and maybe expected too much or advancements since 5 years has passed. Trying to decide if I would like a Metallica Premium over Maiden Premium in small collection even though I Like Maiden music way more.

#5011 5 years ago

I've seen mention that the song selected at the beginning of each ball has nothing to do with modes. Is this true? Do the songs being played through the speakers correspond with a particular mode/goal you're playing for, or even have anything to do with the inserts of the the song names? I'll catch on eventually. Thanks for any help understanding.

#5012 5 years ago

Trying to decide if I would like a Metallica Premium over Maiden Premium in small collection even though I Like Maiden music way more.

Haven't played the Premium Maiden yet, but based on the Met Prem I've played extensively and the Pro Maiden I've played quite a bit and LE/Prem I saw on the stream, I would go for the Maiden Prem.

#5013 5 years ago

Ch i

Yes, I still think it’s fun but upset or disappointed things left out as always want as much in a game especially in the Premium and Le models. The Pro is great. It just does not have the wow factor for a 4 flipper game compared to (TZ or Adams Family or IJ) was hoping for besides the great amount of shots. I like the diverter ramp on left wish I wish more game had like some of the older games. I wanted this game made for years and maybe expected too much or advancements since 5 years has passed. Trying to decide if I would like a Metallica Premium over Maiden Premium in small collection even though I Like Maiden music way more.

Wooo.....good luck deciding between those two games because thats a tough one there. You got MET that is a proven winner and one of the best games ever made vs the new kid on the block that is standing about as tall as King Kong right now and living up to all of its hype and its probably going to go down as one of the all time greats too. Honestly if it were me i think i would go with the theme that you like the most. To me though, it doesnt really matter which game you choose because you've hit the pinball lottery either way.

#5014 5 years ago

I have an extra NIB “Killers” Eddie that would be a cool replacement for one of the cheap plastic figures if anyone is interested.18DDD70B-6250-4962-97E4-18799645B9FD (resized).jpeg18DDD70B-6250-4962-97E4-18799645B9FD (resized).jpeg

#5015 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just glue a bunch of dolls all over the playfield and glue a bunch on top of the backbox.
That will make it nice.

Yes, because we all know that toys, dolls and other crap is what makes a good game grate

#5016 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Yes, because we all know that toys, dolls and other crap is what makes a good game grate

Exactly why Stern did not need to put them in the game and use the money for some other features since we can just add ourselves.

#5017 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I once serviced a guy's collection and asked him if he ever went on Pinside

He asked me "Is that the site where people put dolls on their games?"

#5018 5 years ago

It really is mind blowing people can spend thousands of dollars on a commercial grade amusement machine, built with high tech mechanical hardware designed and assembled by some extremely talented and gifted engineers, artists, coders, etc. Then immediately turn around and browse Walmart.com for the shittiest lame figurines they can find and Elmers glue the things to their brand new playfields.

#5019 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It really is mind blowing people can spend thousands of dollars on a commercial grade amusement machine, built with high tech mechanical hardware designed and built by some extremely talented and gifted engineers, artists, coders, etc. Then immediately turn around and browse Walmart.com for the shittiest lame figurines they can find and Elmers glue the things to their brand new playfields.

Pinball is for big boys who never grew up.

Getting to play with dolls again, and imagining that Eddie is real; is fun.

#5020 5 years ago

You go right ahead and just leave your lame ass plastic figures then and STFU. Some people like to make a good game look better with cheap add ons.

#5021 5 years ago

Not sure why all the comparisons to metallica other then music pins. One looks like a flow monster and thats not to say Metallica is like chopping would or has no flow but there is only so much comparison you can do with a 2 and 4 flipper game.

#5022 5 years ago

Exactly why Stern did not need to put them in the game and use the money for some other features since we can just add ourselves.

What other features?? A couple spinners?

Yeah, that’s why.

#5023 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You go right ahead and just leave your lame ass plastic figures then and STFU. Some people like to make a good game look better with cheap add ons.

I think Vid was just joking......i hope so anyway because i kinda like those Eddie dolls myself.

#5024 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball is for big boys who never grew up.

Wondering where I can fit my blowup doll in one of my big boy toys

#5025 5 years ago

Nothing says a great looking game like a cute looking eddie doll with no t shirt on and lots of armpit air !

#5026 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Wondering where I can fit my blowup doll in one of my big boy toys

I know a couple of places I can fit my big boy toy inside a doll.

iron_maiden_doll_dress_by_candiedwildroses-d66awl5 (resized).jpgiron_maiden_doll_dress_by_candiedwildroses-d66awl5 (resized).jpg

#5027 5 years ago

ee56595e99e440366bda5c8693431aab (resized).jpgee56595e99e440366bda5c8693431aab (resized).jpg

#5028 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know a couple of places I can fit my big boy toy inside a doll.

This thread is really going down the crapper big time!

#5029 5 years ago

Yes!

696fb597db1ba40cc921680a26c73a13 (resized).jpg696fb597db1ba40cc921680a26c73a13 (resized).jpg

#5030 5 years ago

aa8738c47edd53eae4ef93c205a57097 (resized).jpgaa8738c47edd53eae4ef93c205a57097 (resized).jpg

#5031 5 years ago

aaafa95f3e389fddd210d62e2a305ffafe (resized).jpgaaafa95f3e389fddd210d62e2a305ffafe (resized).jpg

#5032 5 years ago

eddie_iron_maiden_figure_sculpture_by_s7figures-d6j433v (resized).jpgeddie_iron_maiden_figure_sculpture_by_s7figures-d6j433v (resized).jpg

#5033 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I guess he is real...

Conway (resized).jpgConway (resized).jpg

I can't take credit, big blob sent me that one.

#5034 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have an extra NIB “Killers” Eddie that would be a cool replacement for one of the cheap plastic figures if anyone is interested.

Where do you get those at anyway? That looks really detailed.

#5035 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Believe it or not, != IS the standardized notation for not equal in computer code.

Well, you can also use: <>

#5036 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It really is mind blowing people can spend thousands of dollars on a commercial grade amusement machine, built with high tech mechanical hardware designed and assembled by some extremely talented and gifted engineers, artists, coders, etc. Then immediately turn around and browse Walmart.com for the shittiest lame figurines they can find and Elmers glue the things to their brand new playfields.

My point exactly, well said.

#5037 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I guess he is real...

I can't take credit, big blob sent me that one.

That is just plain scary

#5038 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know, but non programmers (like many ancient pinsiders) are not going to know what that means, and their stacks will overflow.

Nicely said, with the stack overflow

Back on topic: I really like the layout, really don't care for the music and theme, except for the Egyptian thing, but I like a lot of games where theme isn't for me.
LE over Pro? I like the captive ball thing, don't think I like the easier center ramp. The doll-toys I think are ugly (but I don't really like toys in LOTR or other games as well, I just don't care for them as long as they have nothing to do with gameplay or are at least doing something, like shaking up and down). Beacon-flasher is cool I think.
I was/am a little worried it's too multiball heavy: I like a game where multiballs are real achievements. I'd put ballsaver during multiball on hard/short on most recent Sterns if I'd own them.

Is my opinion worth anything? Nah...I haven't played the game yet.

#5039 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I've seen mention that the song selected at the beginning of each ball has nothing to do with modes. Is this true? Do the songs being played through the speakers correspond with a particular mode/goal you're playing for, or even have anything to do with the inserts of the the song names? I'll catch on eventually. Thanks for any help understanding.

You want to talk about Iron Maiden in a doll thread?

But seriously, you select a song at the start that has no impact on gameplay, like Met. But when you eventually start a mode, the song changes to whatever mode you start. So sort of like a cross between Met and AC/DC.

#5040 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So when Stern puts the Eddie dolls on the playfield it’s because they are super smart, gifted engineers, but when a hobbyist puts the same dolls on the playfield they become “lame figurines”? I’m confused. :thinking

#5041 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

So when Stern puts the Eddie dolls on the playfield it’s because they are super smart, gifted engineers, but when a hobbyist puts the same dolls on the playfield they become “lame figurines”? I’m confused. :thinking

Yes

No

Maybe

I want to buy Avatar but cant get past the F'n factory installed GI Joe.

My LOTR looks terrible with the factory figures IMO.

I do think TSPP & FGY work well with factory figures.

Clearly I'm part of a double standard but its how I see it

#5042 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes
No
Maybe
I want to buy Avatar but cant get past the F'n factory installed GI Joe.
My LOTR looks terrible with the factory figures IMO.
I do think TSPP & FGY work well with factory figures.
Clearly I'm part of a double standard but its how I see it

Yeah absolutely it looks terrible sometimes from what stern puts on there. Sometimes people just want to improve the ones stern uses and people also can wayyyyyy over do it with the figurines. Like everything.....keep it simple, less is more. IMDN LE for instance I think the piece of mind Eddie figure looks great! But the Cyborg Eddie figure is just meh. If I was getting a premium or an LE I would look to be replacing the cyborg with a more detailed one.

#5043 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

It’s a lot like Metallica. The song you pick has nothing to do with modes or scoring. When you do start a mode, however, the music will change to reflect. The song you pick plays as background music when you’re not in any modes.

#5044 5 years ago

From what I understand, the choice of song means nothing to progressing through the game.

However, you can become a "Song Champion" in the high score list. So I guess the points you score during the song you pick count if you are concerned about that high score list.

#5045 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Don't be confused they are both lame.

#5046 5 years ago

Finally got around to watching a bit of the LE Deadflip stream. The premium / LE features seem very underwhelming. The shot under the ramp just spits it back out? The way the ball drops down from the left ramp divertor to the upper captive ball seems odd. The pro version of this game seems like it offers the best value.

#5047 5 years ago

Where. Is. The. Mother. Fhaqing. Premium?!?!

#5048 5 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#5049 5 years ago

Yep, May 3rd and still no announcement from the band. It's a bit ridiculous now at this point. Their first date to kick off the Legacy Of The Beast tour is May 26th. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until that day to announce it.

#5050 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Yep, May 3rd and still no announcement from the band. It's a bit ridiculous now at this point. Their first date to kick off the Legacy Of The Beast tour is May 26th. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until that day to announce it.

I hope you’re wrong because that would really suck. I cant believe they havent showed it yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.