20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 144.
#4951 5 years ago

Pro all the way on this one for me. Extras don't seem that important.

#4952 5 years ago

Thought the LE looked amazing in the stream and I really love the interactivity of the lifting underworld ramp, the sarcophagus lock, the secret diverter lifting thing. Makes the playfield so much more alive IMO.

I'm in for the Premium and very excited to own Keith's FULL vision.

#4953 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you allowed to look at the artwork when unboxing and playing?
Rob

I heard from a second cousin that the LE's are being shipped with opaque covering on all Maiden related surfaces (except the playfield--which everyone has seen a bunch already). It is kinda like buying a new pillow and being bothered by the tags--can't remove the tags (or in this case the covering) under penalty of federal law (or something). However, you may remove the covering by having received written permission from any of the band members (except the drummer)...

#4954 5 years ago

I have owned 9 Stern machines(including Goldeneye and Jurassic Park). I have purchased LE's in the past. I currently own 6 Sterns, including METLE and the Iron Maiden Pro. This game is an absolute Grand Slam in any version you get, all though, the gameplay will be slightly different. I seriously believe it might be Stern's best machine ever.
One mode that is largely affected by the different versions is the Flight of Icarus. You get huge points by criss crossing the left and right ramps. With the Premium/LE the ball will lock in the Mummy diverter if you have that qualified, thereby taking away your combo bonus and flow and timing from the feed from either ramp that is available on the Pro. All though, you get the advantage of being able to knock out a ball for multiball in the HMM inspired sarcophagus ball locking mechanism so there are some point advantages with the Premium/LE also.
Just things to consider. Either way, your going to have a huge smile on your face and no regret when you purchase whatsoever! Up the Irons!

#4955 5 years ago

I spied MC MurderStyle this weekend in some nice threads.

He did not know they still made pinball machines, but he said now he wants one for his crib.

IMG_20180501_013426510 (resized).jpgIMG_20180501_013426510 (resized).jpg

#4956 5 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

One mode that is largely affected by the different versions is the Flight of Icarus. You get huge points by criss crossing the left and right ramps. With the Premium/LE the ball will lock in the Mummy diverter if you have that qualified, thereby taking away your combo bonus and flow and timing from the feed from either ramp that is available on the Pro.

You sure about that? I noticed in the stream that the diverter closed when a mode started (Aces High is where I believe I saw this), then re-opened once the mode was complete.

#4957 5 years ago

My general takeaway from the stream was that it makes Mummy multiball harder (have to hit the pops ramp) to start, and slower (because of the choreography of the ball lock) but makes it possible to get more points out of it. And then it also makes the mode start shot easier and then returns it straight at you rather than down one of the orbits for a flipper shot. Neither of which seem like they make the game better to me.

#4958 5 years ago

I dunno. Yes it is the best Stern game for years in my book I'm "kinda" bummed the added toys are "just" some mechs with pastics slapped on them instead of a molded sarcopahrcus & stuff. - Had a little bit higher expectations with the pro allready being that good.

#4959 5 years ago

This game looks great but there is so much 2D plastic it's kinda of ridiculous.

I'll get it in 3 years when the code is finished and people mod out all that 2D junk with 3D replacements.

#4960 5 years ago

Guess the toys on Maiden Prem/le are more accrately described as mechs or mods. They are all fine but nothing flashy that makes you stop dead in your tracks. I like them and would pay for the upgrade, or could be just as happy with a pro. where the hell are the leaked premium pics Stern?

#4961 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

This game looks great but there is so much 2D plastic it's kinda of ridiculous.
I'll get it in 3 years when the code is finished and people mod out all that 2D junk with 3D replacements.

Once you play one you aren't going to want to wait 3 years to own one Code is great and will be complete very soon too.

#4962 5 years ago

Holy crap some of you guys just can't be pleased.

Anybody have any unboxing or setup lessons learned? Going to be putting on a playfield protector before the first play too.

#4963 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Just glue a bunch of dolls all over the playfield and glue a bunch on top of the backbox.

That will make it nice.

iron-maiden-retro-cloth-the-trooper-figure-4 (resized).jpgiron-maiden-retro-cloth-the-trooper-figure-4 (resized).jpg

eddie-the-trooper-iron-maiden-single-cover-mascot-with-union-jack-flag-custom-designed-minifigure-1564-p (resized).jpgeddie-the-trooper-iron-maiden-single-cover-mascot-with-union-jack-flag-custom-designed-minifigure-1564-p (resized).jpg

#4964 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Believe it or not they have a standardized symbol for that.....≠

note to self:
vid1900 is not a programmer

#4965 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

note to self:
vid1900 is not a programmer

Hell no.

I can barely program my coffee maker

#4966 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Sorry if i missed it but did anyone answer this question? What type of connector (RCA jack, 1/8th jack ect) is the "New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external Amplification". Do you just plug this directly into the Polk sub. I have an LE coming and my first Polk PSW-10 to hook up to it. Trying to get the proper cable to be able to hook up right away when it arrives. Warning if you don't like Iron Maiden music you might want to stay away from Lyons Classic Pinball for at lest the first week when we get it as I will be cranking this thing up(hopefully with sub hooked up). Can someone show a pic of the New line-out on the board?
Thanks

This is a good question, I got a pic of the CPU board and I see no line out. Can any pro owners confirm?

#4967 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't belittle people</blockquote
Dude your totally offside. Read it the way you want, however all that was meant is it looks like every level of the game is awesome so I don't think anyone needs to worry which they are getting. To take it to me "belittling people" because of income levels, really? I apologize to anyone if you took it that way however re reading my post, I take it as... no matter what you choose no one is getting ripped off, they all look that good

#4968 5 years ago

zzzzzzzzz (resized).jpgzzzzzzzzz (resized).jpg

Looks like the line level outs are 5 & 6 on the CN5 connector.

#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Believe it or not they have a standardized symbol for that.....≠

Believe it or not, != IS the standardized notation for not equal in computer code.

#4970 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Going to be putting on a playfield protector before the first play too.

Have you done this before? How much of the playfield surface actually has to come off? It seems like a daunting task not having done before or knowing exactly what it entails.

#4971 5 years ago

I've done 6. Yeah it's a chore. All the ramps, gates, flippers, and a lot of the plastics need to come off.

#4972 5 years ago

Just curious for those who have had the opportunity to play Elwin’s Archer (ive viewed video), how does the Maiden Prem/LE compare now that you’ve seen it? Other than theme, has everything mapped over well from his original design?

#4973 5 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

I've only purchased 2 NIB pins from Stern and they've both been Pros- Met and Aerosmith. I agree that the Maiden Pro has a ton to offer. Like many though, this is a dream theme for me and I'm in on a Premium. Many of you who have bought the Pro feel the Premium and LE are not worth the extra money. Just wondering...has there ever been a Stern LE/Premium that actually has been worth the extra money due to enhanced playfield features? Or does it just come down to title, theme, designer, personal preference or collectability ? Zero sarcasm here...just wondering.

I used to be an LE/PREM only buyer thinking that pros were inferior because they were either ‘stripped down’ or not ‘the designers original intent’. And what have I learned since the LE/PREM/Pro model has come into existence? That in most cases the pro plays better, is more fun, and easier to maintain. At least for me personally. My philosophy is now that if I’m going to buy an nib for $7k+ then I’m gonna push the extra step and get a JJP instead.

That said; there is something special about IMDN. I could tell from the first stream, so much that I ordered a pro the same day. And with this game being as good as it is at the pro level; i see this being one hell of a PREM/LE too and for once could be worth the price of admission. That said, i’d Still rather have a JJPOTC over the LE/PREM so I’m glad stern still offers the pro model or I would miss out on this title.

In the end; despite my own preferences and opinions, This is one hell of a game and buyers for any version will be extremely happy I am sure.

#4974 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Believe it or not, != IS the standardized notation for not equal in computer code.

I know, but non programmers (like many ancient pinsiders) are not going to know what that means, and their stacks will overflow.

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know, but non programmers (like many ancient pinsiders) are not going to know what that means, and their stacks will overflow.

Don't sell them short. I think most people can figure it out from the context.

#4976 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from trilamb:

I see. Didn’t get that != means does not equal.

#4977 5 years ago

Fwiw

!= == <>

Or probably more accurately

!= =~ <>

#4978 5 years ago

trainn (resized).jpgtrainn (resized).jpg

#4979 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

And you are in FL now? I bet you miss your basement.

I am. Stationed at Eglin AFB. Still got the pool table and 5 (6 with IMDN Prem coming).

I do miss it. I dont miss $8200 in annual property taxes.

20180216_140744 (resized).jpg20180216_140744 (resized).jpg

#4980 5 years ago

(Can't nest inside vid's post for some reason)

Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from trilamb:

I see. Didn’t get that != means does not equal.

"most" != "all"

#4981 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

You sure about that? I noticed in the stream that the diverter closed when a mode started (Aces High is where I believe I saw this), then re-opened once the mode was complete.

Positive! Check out 11:25 of the Dead Flip stream...

#4982 5 years ago

$7300 should not result in flat plastics

($5700 shouldn't either)

Archer had a left outlane kickback didn't it?

#4983 5 years ago

M4y83 fr0m N0W 0n 1 W1ll 0nlY P0S7 1n 1337. m0s7 P30pl3 W1ll hav3 70 PH19uR3 17 0u7 pHr0M 73H k0n73x7.

#4984 5 years ago

Yea I don’t see it isn’t the schmatic only the connector for the headphone kit .

#4985 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am. Stationed at Eglin AFB. Still got the pool table and 5 (6 with IMDN Prem coming).
I do miss it. I dont miss $8200 in annual property taxes.

Looks good. Thanks for your service. Hope your IMDN arrives soon.

#4986 5 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Positive! Check out 11:25 of the Dead Flip stream...

Just double-checked and yeah it does divert during Icarus and kill off any ramp combos you would have built up. Kind of a big deal for that mode at least!

#4987 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Just double-checked and yeah it does divert during Icarus and kill off any ramp combos you would have built up. Kind of a big deal for that mode at least!

They can always modify the code

#4988 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

They can always modify the code

They can but Icarus is a mode you typically want to stack with a multiball and if you can't stack it with Mummy that takes away a big part of the game.

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

$7300 should not result in flat plastics
($5700 shouldn't either)
Archer had a left outlane kickback didn't it?

Yes.. figured that wld of been added to the premium/le

#4990 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They can but Icarus is a mode you typically want to stack with a multiball and if you can't stack it with Mummy that takes away a big part of the game.

Bring it up with Keith over at the tilt forums. Maybe there's a solution.

#4991 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

M4y83 fr0m N0W 0n 1 W1ll 0nlY P0S7 1n 1337. m0s7 P30pl3 W1ll hav3 70 PH19uR3 17 0u7 pHr0M 73H k0n73x7.

Hey, black rose did you have a stroke? Same style but more complete.

Miss that guy. He was always good for some entertainment.....

#4992 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just curious for those who have had the opportunity to play Elwin’s Archer (ive viewed video), how does the Maiden Prem/LE compare now that you’ve seen it? Other than theme, has everything mapped over well from his original design?

I second this! How does the Premium/LE layout and gameplay of Iron Maiden compare to Keith's Archer prototype? is anything missing? Has anything (playfield-wise) been added?

#4993 5 years ago

Man I finally played the pro at Sunshine tonight... I’ve been drooling over the gameplay videos and didn’t think it could possibly play that good. It’s better.

Holding strong on my LE, but there’s so much amazing stuff constantly going on I can’t imagine being able to find the time to even appreciate all the extras besides the beacon and the interactive GI. I can see this very quickly becoming my favorite game.

#4994 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I second this! How does the Premium/LE layout and gameplay of Iron Maiden compare to Keith's Archer prototype? is anything missing? Has anything (playfield-wise) been added?

I haven’t played archer, but I did hear in an interview that Keith said he had to bring the shots closer because his archer pf was slightly bigger than the standard stern one or something to that matter. But I think I remember him also saying it shoots better with the closer shots.

#4995 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Left outlane kickback is gone

Not sure what else

#4996 5 years ago

Kinda wish I had the mental fortitude and cabbage to leave the LE in the box and just buy a pro. But I don't.

#4997 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Left outlane kickback is gone
Not sure what else

Varitarget and drop in on the upper right is gone
Scoop on the bottom left is gone
raising left ramp is gone (replaced with the statue on top of the ramp that moves)
subway system is gone

#4998 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Man, I remember people being all excited the first time we saw over 100 Pinsiders online

Crazy isn’t it? I remember when a post would be made and it would stay on the front page for three months!!!!!!!! My times have changed.

I wish Stern would show the darn Premium artwork...they are making this process of figuring out what I’m buying rather challenging. Too much unknown. Maybe the premium artwork is so freaking awesome they just don’t want to release because they are worried it would hurt the LE sales...seems unlikely but I’m beginning to wonder.

#4999 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Kinda wish I had the mental fortitude and cabbage to leave the LE in the box and just buy a pro. But I don't.

Your not alone with this, I am just not that strong and i like to think I have willpower.

#5000 5 years ago

5000 posts and we still have not seen the Premium and only renderings of the LE.. cmon Stern don’t cliff hang us

F5B53F00-131E-4BAF-A624-565F4FEA8FA5 (resized).jpegF5B53F00-131E-4BAF-A624-565F4FEA8FA5 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.