20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 144.
#451 6 years ago

Here’s what the game will be based on....the songs AND art

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Here’s what the game will be based on....the songs AND art
» YouTube video

Im disappointed that they didnt use the old art but you still cant deny the awesome sound and songs of Iron Maiden no matter what. This pin could seriously be epic! I seriously hope that they dont eff it up but im a little nervous i wont lie.

#453 6 years ago

Here is the song list that is utilised in the Legacy of the beast video game.
Don’t know the band well enough to know if this a good set or some major songs missing.
Looks like there is plenty to choose from for the pinball.

C43AE442-4461-4685-B0EE-81A0B7F6BE81 (resized).pngC43AE442-4461-4685-B0EE-81A0B7F6BE81 (resized).png

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Here is the song list that is utilised in the Legacy of the beast video game.
Don’t know the band well enough to know if this a good set or some major songs missing.
Looks like there is plenty to choose from for the pinball.

There's a lot of crap on that list and lots of stuff missing. No Two Minutes to Midnight? No Hallowed be thy Name? No Wasted Years? No Fear of the Dark? I would be disappointed with the above set list as the songs for the pinball machine.

I sure hope they are better at licensing the "classics" for the pinball than what's on that set list.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

No matter how awesome this game will be, this song would definitely take it to the next level!

This is still by far my favorite mashup ever:

I'd like 8 Bit Maiden, with Nintendo style artwork. Time for bed.

#456 6 years ago

Such a let down reveal WTF Josh ?

Please Don't rile up the masses.

I am truly devastated

There better be a better effort or my money will go to another manufacturer.
Had enough of this BS

And by the way if solely based on Legacy I might be out anyway.

Total waste of time if this is the case

Disappointed man

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png

#457 6 years ago

Oh man, if anyone hasn't seen the drunken reveal.

Start at 1:16:20

#458 6 years ago

Ok I don't know who the goof is with the hat but he stated there would be a "reveal' on facebook and he should have stated an "announcement", not defending Stern's marketing becasue like most of pinball marketing it sucks just that this dickhead from some show that I've never heard of and and not having anything to do with this pin is quite possibly the worst pair up I've ever seen. As for "Legacy of the Beast" something else I never heard of till today if Stern goes this route they will lose many of the geezer rock/metal crowd which I'm proud to be a part of by the way, we are the market. I've never heard anyone under 30 and really more like 40 thats goes out to play pinball or has any interest in this hobby at all, please don't bring ur young next of skin into this they only know about pinball becasue of you.

#459 6 years ago

Jack Danger immediately after the video was shown:

"This is freaking amazing!"

Is it just me or does anyone else feel uncomfortable watching a room filled with people feigning excitement over something they all knew a year ago in order to make a stream to viewers who all knew this a year ago?

And all to a video showing the text "Iron Maiden" followed by the text "Stern Pinball"? Have I slipped into some alternate dimension?

#460 6 years ago

O.K. the "Reveal" sucked.
We all know we're gonna buy the game anyway.
So, let's see some playfield or cabinet art so we can get the next round of bitching under way.

#461 6 years ago

What do we call Iron Maiden? IM is is Iron Man, right? IrMa?

#462 6 years ago

IMDN YES

LOTB
hoping not

#463 6 years ago

Isn't there some kind of unwritten band rule that you're not supposed to wear your own concert t-shirt on stage?

Acceptable attire is always Black Flag and The Stooges.

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 8.20.26 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-25 at 8.20.26 AM (resized).png

#464 6 years ago

My favorite part of the announcement,was when Jack Danger says Oh dear lord in response to the beard calling him a pinball wizard.

#465 6 years ago

I guess us “ over 50 guys” will have to wait yet again for a theme with which we can relate..... or take up croquet, badmitten and Jeopardy( right before bedtime) .

#466 6 years ago

so given the very weak "reveal" that this was, is it possible the timing of this was just because they know ACNC goes on sale on Monday and were hoping to suck sales from that?

I can't come up with any other logical reason why a business would do such a poor reveal with that drunk "comedian". Seriously painful to watch and uncomfortable to others also. You could see that the previous crew of announcers were very uncomfortable with how that went down and instant regret in partnering with Stern and handing over the keys to the car they built (i.e. PAPA competitive pinball and live streaming turns to drunk D listers announcing a game that people waiting 6 plus hours and not even showing anything besides the theme/band). This did not show good on anyone involved and guessing quite a few walked away with a very bad taste in their mouth for spectator competitive pinball.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I guess us “ over 50 guys” will have to wait yet again for a theme with which we can relate..... or take up croquet, badmitten and Jeopardy( right before bedtime) .

Let's not forget how crazy that Wheel of Fortune club is!! Until 9 pm atleast.

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

And it all sells pretty well. Imagine that...

It's getting old though. Those are the 2 themes im done with, band (except maybe GNR) AND superhero.

#469 6 years ago

Yeah that must be it but quite a cheap shot to try to upstage ACNC tomorrow. And at what cost did this come with?

In the end, IMO, they show great disrespect to pinball fans and collectors. I mean we are all rooting for Stern and just want to cheer them on. This feels like coming out to watch your favorite player on your favorite team play and he chooses to not leave the locker room because he's taking a nap.

A multi-million dollar company, leader of the industry, developed by the best in the industry, a mega-band, cool-as-fark, and this is the best they can do?

What about the people working on the game at Stern? All the blood, sweat and tears put into this game and this is this is what marketing puts out to represent their work? They can't be happy about this.

Disrespectful to the license too and do you really think a non-pinball iron maiden fan will be impressed with that? That video represents our hobby's introduction to Iron Maiden fans around the world. Will they even click on the next pinball video release?

With marketing you have one chance to make a first impression and what first impression has this vid (and the lame-ass way it was revealed) had on us?

Is there anyone left at Stern who realizes that there is something to be gained by hitting shit out of the park? Lack of effort is just too obvious - no one is fooled anymore.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Isn't there some kind of unwritten band rule that you're not supposed to wear your own concert t-shirt on stage?
Acceptable attire is always Black Flag and The Stooges.

One fedora per crew

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My favorite part of the announcement,was when Jack Danger says Oh dear lord in response to the beard calling him a pinball wizard.

Jack looked uncomfortable on several occasions, when the guy with the cap was asking if he can start bagging on other pinball companies I think Jack was thinking “oh shit”. I know I found that really unprofessional and awkward, luckily jack handled it nicely and swiftly but the guy with the cap was a muppet.

#472 6 years ago

You guys are funny. All up in arms waisting your Saturday starring at a soundless pinball feed. Stern never said the game would be revealed today. Some podcaster said the next title would be announced by way of a short teaser. That's exactly what happened. Any of you feeling all insulted or worked up over this need to find something better to do with your time. The game will be fully revealed at some point soon and if it looks great it will sell well no matter how it's announced.

#473 6 years ago

More to the point... Stern would have been better off not revealing this "teaser" at all. What point did it serve really?

#474 6 years ago

A Maiden set list without Fear of The Dark and The Trooper? I doubt so....

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

I can't stand Iron Maiden but The Trooper IMO is their best song. I can't imagine it will not make the list.

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

More to the point... Stern would have been better off not revealing this "teaser" at all. What point did it serve really?

It confirmed their next pin.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so given the very weak "reveal" that this was, is it possible the timing of this was just because they know ACNC goes on sale on Monday and were hoping to suck sales from that?
I can't come up with any other logical reason why a business would do such a poor reveal with that drunk "comedian". Seriously painful to watch and uncomfortable to others also. You could see that the previous crew of announcers were very uncomfortable with how that went down and instant regret in partnering with Stern and handing over the keys to the car they built (i.e. PAPA competitive pinball and live streaming turns to drunk D listers announcing a game that people waiting 6 plus hours and not even showing anything besides the theme/band). This did not show good on anyone involved and guessing quite a few walked away with a very bad taste in their mouth for spectator competitive pinball.

Can't imagine George Gomez or the rest of the Stern brass will be too happy with the marketing team on Monday. Any time your product reveal involves a dick joke (white "wood") that's not putting your Company in a good light.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Build hype, which it has done. Officially announce it to county Spooky sales on Monday. Give a tiny amount of info that isn't known such as what it's based on.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

A GotG game without the songs from the movie? (Ok they added a few eventually)
A TWD game with a terrible southern hick commentary that has nothing to do with the show?
...Nothing from Stern would surprise me at this point. Time to manage your expectations.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

...if it looks great it will sell well no matter how it's announced.

Well I agree that may be true for many of us but marketing can have a great affect on sales. A certain spin can develop around a title depending on a number of factors and this can affect sales in the end so this is why most companies in the world manage "the message" with great care.

In my view, first impressions hold a lot of weight and it's clear Stern has yet to realize this. Anyway, we wish them the best either way.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Build hype, which it has done. Officially announce it to county Spooky sales on Monday. Give a tiny amount of info that isn't known such as what it's based on.

Exactly what they did, trying to hold people back from buying Spooky tomorrow.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It's getting old though. Those are the 2 themes im done with, band (except maybe GNR) AND superhero.

See, that’s exactly the point. Time and again there are posts of “ I’m done except if they make...”

Not that there is anything wrong whatsoever with wanting your favorite band, superhero, movie, theme, etc., but it’s hard to believe someone is serious about walking away from buying certain types of games when what they are really asking for is a particular title be made.

#483 6 years ago

That legacy of the beast worries me. The best Maiden material is from the 80. The last acceptable album is fear of the dark but the prime stuff is :

1980 : Iron Maiden (*)
1981 : Killers (*)
1982 : The Number of the Beast (*)
1983 : Piece of Mind (*)
1984 : Powerslave (*)
1986 : Somewhere in Time (*)
1988 : Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (*)
1990 : No Prayer for the Dying (*)
1992 : Fear of the Dark (*)

If stern are not targetting that period for the songs and the artwork it will be a real let down.

Understand your audience for that specific project.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

That legacy of the beast worries me. The best Maiden material is from the 80. The last acceptable album is fear of the dark but the prime stuff is :
1980 : Iron Maiden (*)
1981 : Killers (*)
1982 : The Number of the Beast (*)
1983 : Piece of Mind (*)
1984 : Powerslave (*)
1986 : Somewhere in Time (*)
1988 : Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (*)
1990 : No Prayer for the Dying (*)
1992 : Fear of the Dark (*)
If stern are not targetting that period for the songs and the artwork it will be a real let down.
Understand your audience for that specific project.

Iron Maiden or their handlers want to promote their new stuff though. I think it very unlikely they'd want Stern to do a machine based on that period.

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Exactly what they did, trying to hold people back from buying Spooky tomorrow.

It was a lot more calculated then people realize. Stern has aggressively tried to grow tournament pinball and pinball leagues. They got hundreds to watch a tournament which featured many of there new releases, got the new title announced, probably curbed a few Spooky sales, and made pinside go crazy over it while investing almost nothing. The only mistake is who they let announce it.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

All up in arms waisting your Saturday starring at a soundless pinball feed.

I was at work and enjoyed the stream of the finals, which I tuned in for as I heard it was BM66 and I really enjoyed watching those guys play the hell out of it and seeing some of the deeper part of the game I haven’t been able to get to, so certainly wasn’t wasted time, genuinely enjoyed watching those guys kick ass.

The reveal was supposed to be the icing on the cake and was pathetic, if it was done to steal sales from ACNC then a proper tease would have been the way to do it, showing a few snippets of the playfield/whitewood maybe even tease a mech or two. Simply showing text of a title that was pretty much confirmed/already known by 90% of (us) potential buyers hasn’t changed or stolen any sales from anyone.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

See, that’s exactly the point. Time and again there are posts of “ I’m done except if they make...”
Not that there is anything wrong whatsoever with wanting your favorite band, superhero, movie, theme, etc., but it’s hard to believe someone is serious about walking away from buying certain types of games when what they are really asking for is a particular title be made.

I get what your saying. Moving forward I'm not buying NIB Stern anyway. It will be a wait and see and probably 2 years after release before I buy and it is proven quality and code development.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It was a lot more calculated then people realize. Stern has aggressively tried to grow tournament pinball and pinball leagues. They got hundreds to watch a tournament which featured many of there new releases, got the new title announced, probably curbed a few Spooky sales, and made pinside go crazy over it while investing almost nothing. The only mistake is who they let announce it.

They let him get drunk all day until the tournament ended and he botched it.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

What do we call Iron Maiden? IM is is Iron Man, right? IrMa?

Iron is Fe on the perodic table

FeM?

#490 6 years ago

If you're gonna die, die with your boots on,
If you're gonna try, well stick around
GONNA CRY, JUST MOVE ALONG
If you're gonna die, you're gonna die

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Jack Danger immediately after the video was shown:

"This is freaking amazing!"

Is it just me or does anyone else feel uncomfortable watching a room filled with people feigning excitement over something they all knew a year ago in order to make a stream to viewers who all knew this a year ago?

This actually made me really uncomfortable because of how forced it was. Kind of felt like we just entered this whole new world of shilling. Not that I'm in any position to tell Jack or anyone else how to earn. Just because we live in a world now of "influencers" doesn't mean I like the model.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

Iron is Fe on the perodic table
FeM?

We had this discussion in chat. FeM is still Iron Man. We (Yancy) came up with I666 or IM666. I'm guessing it'll end up LotB.

#493 6 years ago

Tuned in to watch the reveal live.

Really enjoyed watching the tournament, way more exciting than the reveal as we all knew it was coming next.

Watching games like Meteor being played by the top players in the world and seeing them struggle, shows the power of the older games. I know they are set up super super hard.

Great final.

Josh winning his first major and a future star in the making who is only 15 - Colin.

#494 6 years ago

Sure was an epic announcement!

#495 6 years ago

For those worried that the machine will not feature classic songs:

The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.

#496 6 years ago

Also, I'm sure you guys have nothing to worry about for the art! What could possibly go wrong?

9f4bc4f3d1fc600abd9dc57a6c931ac325be1469 (resized).jpg9f4bc4f3d1fc600abd9dc57a6c931ac325be1469 (resized).jpg

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

For those worried that the machine will not feature classic songs:
The concept for the Legacy Of The Beast World Tour was inspired by Maiden’s mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking “worlds” with a set list covering a large selection of Eighties material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.

The tour... is their “mix” tour. They now like to do an album tour.... then a mix tour.... then repeat. LotB is their mix so it will be a blend across their library. Kind of a greatest hits. The visuals and sets should have the feel like lotb

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Jesus its pinball, yeah that was horseshit but who cares we will see it all soon enough. They aren't going to spend major dollars when pinheads will buy it if its fun regardless, theres no luring in new potential customers here hence the theme. I love it but I'm 43 grew up with Maiden and a shitty teaser has not affected my excitment at all.

thats never going to happen, the current folk who actually watch live pinball are the only folk who will ever watch live pinball, I mean theres no fuckin sound and you have to listen to a crew of dickheads babbling all night, well I just tuned in now and after the teaser I'm tuning out. Live Pinball

The more time I spend on pinside the more I start to understand what people are talking when they talk about pinside. Clearly you are not in touch with new generation thinking and manners. There's a thing called twitch. It's been blowing up for years. It's here to stay. Or at least the theory. Live streaming is not going anywhere, and is growing.

#499 6 years ago

And btw I loved the stream and the tournament. The announcers were great. ..... obviously the reveal portion was a let down. And especially for me since no way I'm buying a iron maiden machine.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

One fedora per crew

True. And you know if you're in an old band when no one has a beard. All new bandmembers must have beards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.