Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

source.gif
    a0c.gif
    untitled.png
    autobahn.jpg
    IMG_2122 (resized).JPG
    9ad223b962d4746115866ca3d8dc38c0 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    red-hot-chili-peppers (resized).jpg
    574D225E-AFF7-40F9-AF50-C7655404B8D1 (resized).jpeg
    6c5f2c1cc82b78858e094b4c4228fecd--music-puns-music-humour (resized).jpg
    IMG_7778 (resized).PNG
    this-is-not-a-fugazi-shirt-2-649x418 (resized).jpg
    11F13E2C-BDCC-4B06-BB1D-572F84350CD3 (resized).jpeg
    FC96E481-CF1D-4086-8329-D6FC622057A8 (resized).jpeg
    wutanag (resized).png
    Pinhead (resized).jpg
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

First and foremost not a fan of Iron Maiden in fact their music sucks. I put them in the KISS category as one of the most overrated bands in history. However I would agree that Iron Maiden and Kiss both lend themselves to license deals more so than more deserving bands. With all that being said what would you vote for as the next logical band to get a pinball. Oh lets leave The Beatles out of it because that isn’t going to happen and neither is Led Zeplin so lets leave both out of the equation.

Vote from this list or add your own:

1). Nirvana
    2) Pearl Jam
    3). Prince
    4). MJ
    5). Def Leppard
    6). Twisted Sister
    7). Ozzy
    8) Beastie Boys
    9). The Doors
    10) Eagles
    11). Queen
    12) Pink Floyd
    13). Public Enemy
    14). U2
    15). Bruce Springsteen
    16). Madonna
    17). Jimmi Hendrix
    18). Montley Crew

My pick would be... Beastie Boys would rock hands down!

#2 6 years ago

Beatles IS going to happen - Stern already have the license!

#3 6 years ago

Just basing on personal preference, I'd really like a Foo Fighters pin. Eagles would be great as well.

Beatles is going to happen soon. I thought it would be next KaPow, but now it sounds like the Munsters.

#4 6 years ago

VAN HALEN
    or
    FOO FIGHTERS

#5 6 years ago

Judas Priest

#6 6 years ago

The only band I want to see a machine based on is Gwar.can you imagine the blood bath multi ball with the bone saw topper spraying fake blood on you as you're playing?I'm sure they could sell at least 3 or 4 of these.

#7 6 years ago

These would be my choices in this order 1 Led Zepplin 2 Judas priest 3 Motley Crue, 4 Black Sabbath.

#8 6 years ago

Foo Fighters makes a LOT of sense; the band has the sense of humor and sense of "fun" to go along with it

#9 6 years ago

Judas Priest
    90s Grunge
    Van Halen DLR days
    Black Sabbath/Ozzy/Dio

#10 6 years ago

Misfits

#11 6 years ago

Zeppelin

Come on Stern. Do it before I get too old.

#12 6 years ago

David Bowie (Major Tom). I think it would be cool if Spooky made a Summerfest Pin( a 2 week music festival in milwaukee) that featured a main stage with some different Wisconsin bands, such as the violent femmes and the bodeans . . . a bratwurst spinner, beer cup drop targets and a port a poddy scoop.

#13 6 years ago

First and foremost, not a fan of your thread. In fact, it sucks.
    Go back to klov dork.

#14 6 years ago

Beastie Boys or Foo Fighters would be the most interesting ones to me for a pin theme.

#15 6 years ago

Too many rock pins already. How about Johnny Cash.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

17). Jimmi Hendrix
    18). Montly Crew

Obviously you are a big fan

#17 6 years ago

Music themed pins suck. If I wanted to play pinball to a band's music I would have it playing in the background.

A pinball machine theme should tell a story.
    All a band theme machine does is advertise the band.

How can a bunch of songs from different eras/albums that all have different stories and meanings convert into a fluid story? Answer: it can't.

Lame, uninspired and unimaginative.

#18 6 years ago

Has to be 80’s or early 90’s rock, that’s the age group that currently is in the income age group. Anything older doesn’t seem to sell... Aerosmith Kiss or Rolling Stones were too old, they missed their window.

Trend seems to be bands that have many years/albums. This rules out a lot of that list.

Don’t beastie boys have a legal deal where their music cannot be used for stuff? Like a no licensing deal?

MJ won’t happen. Not rock, and the whole kiddie issue. Look what happened with a certain designer...

I would guess if it had to be off that list, maybe Ozzy. Not much else on your list meets the Stern pattern.

I would expect another of the big 4 metal bands. Metallica was done, who is next? Number 2 of the big 4 is Slayer, who we all saw with Gary at comicon already. Then Megadeath.. Anthrax brings up the rear.

But who knows? Maybe Stern will go off the pattern and do a Mentors pin! Sign me up for the Mentors- Dirty Rotten Perverts LE!

#19 6 years ago

Grateful dead !!!

#20 6 years ago

I'd like to see pinball take a break from music themes / bands for awhile.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Music themed pins suck. If I wanted to play pinball to a band's music I would have it playing in the background.
    A pinball machine theme should tell a story.
    All a band theme machine does is advertise the band.
    How can a bunch of songs from different eras/albums that all have different stories and meanings convert into a fluid story? Answer: it can't.
    Lame, uninspired and unimaginative.

yeah, ac/dc, metallica are def 2 of the worst pins ever made!!!!

#22 6 years ago

Zep, Sabbath, Floyd, Skynyrd, Dead, Beatles Imo

#23 6 years ago

Beastie Boys and/or Zeppelin are it on those lists.

Beastie Boys with a Paul's Boutique scoop? That's perfect. Great pinball music.

Zeppelin has so much imagery, mythology, etc, etc, there are tons of ideas there. I'd take the Physical Graffiti building in place of the Addams Family mansion on the playfield and go from there.

#24 6 years ago

GG Allin

#25 6 years ago

Megadeth!!

35AF554A-CDB5-4A7A-ABB2-838A2B3DE324 (resized).jpeg35AF554A-CDB5-4A7A-ABB2-838A2B3DE324 (resized).jpeg

9506920A-8C81-4CCF-90FF-9BC1109A73B5 (resized).jpeg9506920A-8C81-4CCF-90FF-9BC1109A73B5 (resized).jpeg

#26 6 years ago

Zeppelin, Van Halen, RUSH, QUEEN!!!

#27 6 years ago

Slayer

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah, ac/dc, metallica are def 2 of the worst pins ever made!!!!

You better be joking.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

You better be joking.

I just cleared my downvote because I looked at his lineup and he has both games. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well via text.

#30 6 years ago

List is invalid without Judas Priest.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I just cleared my downvote because I looked at his lineup and he has both games. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well via text.

OK hopefully in the future when people are being sarcastic they will use the sarcasm icon.

#32 6 years ago

Nirvana? Sounds like a shotgun blast to the dome kinda theme if you ask me!

#33 6 years ago

I would love for a ballsy manufacturer to come out with a "kit" machine for multiple bands. A more generic themed playfield with toys that are replaceable. You get the base machine and then pick the band or bands you want and would get specific toys for that band to put on the playfield, a custom backglass and programmed music. The DMD animations and playfield would have to be generic but could be themed for punk, 80's pop, alternative etc. The toys and backglass combined with the music would give it a good feel for the band. I would love a Misfits, Dead Kennedys, Rancid, Circle Jerks, COC or Germs kit.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I would love for a ballsy manufacturer to come out with a "kit" machine for multiple bands. A more generic themed playfield with toys that are replaceable. You get the base machine and then pick the band or bands you want and would get specific toys for that band to put on the playfield, a custom backglass and programmed music. The DMD animations and playfield would have to be generic but could be themed for punk, 80's pop, alternative etc. The toys and backglass combined with the music would give it a good feel for the band. I would love a Misfits, Dead Kennedys, Rancid, Circle Jerks, COC or Germs kit.

Good idea my dad had a similar idea he said make the game jukebox themed with like one good song from each one of the popular rock bands like have one ac dc song and one Judas priest song.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Good idea my dad had a similar idea he said make the game jukebox themed with like one good song from each one of the popular rock bands like have one ac dc song and one Judas priest song.

That's an awesome idea. Have the game come preloaded with some easy to obtain musical licenses and then have it setup so you can easily just add your own choice of music to the jukebox. The art could span all genres of music so whatever you put in there it would be covered.

#36 6 years ago

I’d be in on Def Leppard.

#37 6 years ago

I’d say, in order (granted, not all rock):
    Zeppelin, Ozzy/sabbath, Alice In Chains, Parliament (I’d love a funk-themed pin), and CCR/Fogerty

#38 6 years ago

Def Leppard, Van Halen, Journey.

#39 6 years ago

Holding out hope for Motley.

#40 6 years ago

Oingo Boingo, since there will never be a reunion tour.

#41 6 years ago

Motley crew and Van Halen scream pinball.

#42 6 years ago

JJP - Pink Floyd

#43 6 years ago

If it ain't Hendrix, Judas Priest, Dead Kennedys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Snoop Dogg, I'm turning in my pinball cool badge.

#44 6 years ago

'Led Zeplin ' ???

I'm sure this band could sell a lot of machines.....

WHAM (resized).jpgWHAM (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago

Milli Vanilli, a Virtua Pin?

#46 6 years ago

I am most likely going to buy an Iron Maiden and use pinball browser to change to all Megadeth songs. I've already looked at the song lengths and it should work great

I also think Van Halen, Rush, and Led Zep would make a lot of sense when you look at demographics and sales

#47 6 years ago

Only if it throws a fresh "steamer" at you!

#48 6 years ago

Monsters of Rock. Any band that did the tour and would sign on without crazy restrictions would work for me.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Zeppelin, Van Halen, RUSH, QUEEN!!!

Would love a Rush Pin. There is so much that could be tied in with it, and the music based modes etc could be very distinctive. Rush also has some very good concert based video skits (many of which are recent) including ties in’s to South Park and some other recent Movie’s etc (ie I Love You Man, Jerry Stiller, etc) that could work very well with a video.

A Zeppelin Pin would probably sell better overall. Queen would be fantastic and could also tie in some good humor.

#50 6 years ago

Mix of 90s metal bands in a Beavis and Butthead pin!

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-logical-rock-band-pinballs?hl=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.