Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 226 votes
      54%

(416 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#186 8 years ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I do find it interesting that people associate the existence of the pre-order model as a barometer of JJP's future success. If I was Jack, I would continue the model for as long as the market would allow. What is clear is that early pre-orders have been awarded cheaper machines (even with time value of money considered). The downside has been the wait. So if one is fine with the wait, it appears that everyone is a winner with this pre-pay model. It really doesn't seem to harm those that don't want to do it either. At least not too much. Those parties seem to pay a little more and have to wait a little longer.
    All parties though appear to be getting awesome machines. I say "appear" because TH hasn't shipped yet. It does though seem to be a reality in the coming months and all will be playing lots of pinball!
    When I look at a companies success, I look at two things above anything else. I look at the product and how they support their customers. So far, JJP has done well in those two categories. They need to close the development cycle. That is clearly what is killing them. Long term they can't have a machine once every two years. Just not sustainable.

I agree with this 100%. My thought is, if JJP can not produce 1 pinball per year, it's over. I don't think Sterns quality is the same but the quantity sure is better.

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

JJP's strength is clearly innovative design, software, sound.
    They can't manufacture to save their lives.
    Do you think they would have been better off trying to cut a PPS/CGC type deal with Stern? JJP designs, Stern cranks them out.
    Given the personalities, it probably counts have happened, but it sure would have been nice in many respects.

I don't think JJP and Stern working together would work. JJP technology is so far past Stern, Gary would be confused. So if you like both JJP and Stern pinballs, you are in fantastic shape. Me, I don't like Stern pins so I have to wait or buy used Williams/Bally pins. If you look at my collection, you will see.

#191 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I was going to downvote your post, as I disagree with the part about JJP technology & Gary being confused. I didn't, but want to explain my feelings on your statement; Gary is a businessman and Lawyer by education. He is sharp. He didn't keep companies running and paying himself a nice salary to live a comfortable lifestyle by getting "confused".
    Gary runs a manufacturing business and he runs it well. This is how money is made; Raw materials in, product that people buy, out. MMR is different technology and Gary was chosen to build it. Stern has done other Contract Manufacturing as well. Heck, when Stern Electronics was his baby in the late '70's & early '80's, he ran a separate Company (which he bought out of bankruptcy in the late '70's) that not only developed & made circuit boards for Stern Electronics' pins & videos, but for other electronic product manufacturers as well (Universal Research Laboratories).

I appreciate you not downvoting my post, i would not be able to sleep.

#194 8 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Yea, I was going to comment but I held up. Your analysis is spot on. JJP is not more advanced , not even close.

That's what makes these threads so fun. Everyone has so many different opinions. It's great..

#201 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

The main aspect we need to consider is what assets can be used for the next jjp pin. Its going to have to be something current so Keith and the art guy can master the fuck out of those assets and integrate them artfully. Woz was great, but hobbit really took the video and audio from the movies and brought them into a masterpiece

Could not agree more.

4 weeks later
    #220 8 years ago

Willy Wonka or The Munsters..

willy-wonka--the-chocolate-factory-4fea54fa7c6ab-760x428_(resized).jpgwilly-wonka--the-chocolate-factory-4fea54fa7c6ab-760x428_(resized).jpg

homebanner_(resized).jpghomebanner_(resized).jpg

#232 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Speaking of Pat's game, has anyone heard of any new information regarding it? I feel like we should be hearing something pretty soon.

You won't hear or see anything til most Hobbits are out the door.

#281 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Don't worry, he's going to announce the pre-orders for Lawlor's game real soon.....

I would rather wait for Pats game than get a GB.

2 weeks later
    #295 8 years ago

Knock yourself out. Pre-orders soon. 7K down, contractually obligated to ship by December......of 2018.

Are you getting GB? You need more pins. Lol

#303 8 years ago

Nice try....but no.

Shoo. Move along.

1 month later
    #373 7 years ago

I have heard four things:

* It will not be a wide body
    * Even if you know the title, you would not guess the theme
    * Jack has played the game (its complete to some degree)
    * Will be shown at Expo this year

1 week later
    #403 7 years ago

Pats game is not licensed so it should not take long to finish up. A friend told me he heard the theme is a "Weather Theme" like a beefed up Whirlwind on steroids.

#410 7 years ago
    #412 7 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

cicada theme? Every 17yrs cicada trolls pop up from the playfield?

You are a funny guy...

#425 7 years ago

Just found out today Pats game is this theme. Don't hold me to it of course..

natural_disasters_custom_poster_by_htn4ever-d5kqwfi1_(resized).jpgnatural_disasters_custom_poster_by_htn4ever-d5kqwfi1_(resized).jpg

#435 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

YEs we've all known this for years

I didn't know we knew for years? Why are people still guessing then? Also show me the link from 2 years ago that shows this is the truth about the title.

#442 7 years ago

Known facts:

Not a wide body
    Boards will be in the back box
    Disaster theme

#458 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

You're quite the comedian. I see you spend a lot of time in JJP threads but it seems like the sole purpose is trying to cause trouble? What's your deal? Why do you have an axe to grind. It seems fairly obvious that you enjoy trolling JJP game owners. It's sad actually that you are so miserable that making others feel bad is a high point of your day.

Both lowepg and caption neo.

#481 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are several here, well probably 4-5 users, that seem to love (for whatever reason) to make jabs / snide comments against JJP on a regular basis. These comments are not just constructive criticism for a game but rather just to egg people on and get a rise out of them. Even when those users make a supportive comment 8/10 there is an underlying jab with it. I don't understand it at all, it's rude and it's been a problem in JJP related threads on Pinside for years now. I don't see nearly the same number of people going into Stern threads just to cause trouble the way it happens in JJP threads.
    None of those individuals would dare say one of their rude comments to a JJP employee at a show, they save those for sitting behind their keyboard.

Well said.

#498 7 years ago

Said 3 months ago "The Munsters"

#507 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

"rush" would be a super ironic title for JJP
    I don't see them doing band themes- seems Stern has done those to death....
    I don't think JJP can afford to pigeon-hole themselves with themes that have narrow appeal- this works for Stern, but they crank out 72 titles per year.
    I think its Big Themes for JJP. Big.

I agree. I'm done with band themes. I want Stern, JJP, Spookey to come out with original new themes. Kinda like Pat's new idea.

1 week later
    #589 7 years ago
    Quoted from srk15:

Could be as soon as fall 2017

I see this being realistic. When I spoke with Jack at Allentown, he said it's 50/50 on showing Pats game at Chicago Expo which is late this year.

#638 7 years ago

I still say the 4th title should be one of the following:

The Munster's
    Harry Potter
    Quantum Leap - a time travel pin.
    War of the Worlds
    Outer Limits
    Invasion - like AFM

#648 7 years ago

NO Band pins please.

#703 7 years ago

How about compete with Spookey and come out with a Pizza Hut in lieu of Domino's.

#708 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

How about it be internet connected so that it actually orders you a pizza based on your play... Make shots to add toppings... Drain gets you anchovies.
    I think I'm hungry and a little too tired at the moment lol

Flippers can be filled with cheese instead of stuffed crust.

#714 7 years ago
    Quoted from Animal:

After WOZ and Hobbit, can we be sure that there is another one. I mean, I want to see them survive, but they seem to be 0 for 2 at this point.

You need to get your head checked.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-licensed-theme-from-jjp-will-be?tu=skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.