4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 225 votes
      54%

(415 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 87 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 4 years ago

I think you guys have all missed the obvious connection between ALL JJP games to date: a fixation with midgets or dwarves. So, any future title will surely include notable little people. As such, my guesses:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

(Kidding aside, I think all three of these would make sweet pins)

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I can't see JJP lasting past Hobbit/Lawlor delays (which will come). 7 years to fulfill orders on 2 pins? Game Over.

Sweet... sounds like the making of your next Narcissist-Cast

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I wasn't saying stop after 5 years. I mean, they may, but I don't see why they would. I meant it's unlikely sales of WOZ will slow significantly, .

Really?

Right now WoZ is still the ONLY game in production with a LCD display- it's still incredibly unique.

a year from now, 2 years from now? There may be half a dozen games with newer display technology and WoZ will lose much of that uniqueness.

Im not suggesting it will die, but I think it will obviously decline in demand (like ALL games do). There will also be more available on the secondary market as current Wozzers get a look at TH, JJP #3, #4, etc.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Why do you think they haven't announced Pats machine yet?

The order process for JJP #3 will tell us everything there is to know about the health of JJP. I've long since stopped believing ANYTHING Jack say. He's shown a complete disdain for the truth and a willingness to say anything to keep people on preorders.

Similar to football: I played linebacker and the rule was, don't watch their eyes, you watch their belt buckle to know where they're going. With JJP, their beltbuckle is preorder money.

If JJP moves to a $500-$1000 down, balance due upon shipment- then things are rosy! Rejoice!
    If JJP has some convoluted program where more than a modest downpayment is due, then I'm worried.

As a long-time (B/W) PL fanboy, Im anxiously awaiting info on Pat's game (and hoping it ZERO resemblance to the leaked info).... so Im really hoping for the later.

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree with this 100%. My thought is, if JJP can not produce 1 pinball per year, it's over. I don't think Sterns quality is the same but the quantity sure is better.

JJP's strength is clearly innovative design, software, sound.
    They can't manufacture to save their lives.

Do you think they would have been better off trying to cut a PPS/CGC type deal with Stern? JJP designs, Stern cranks them out.

Given the personalities, it probably counts have happened, but it sure would have been nice in many respects.

4 weeks later
    #204 3 years ago

Dream Theme for JJP:
    Harry Potter - 0% chance of getting it
    Star Wars - close to 0%, still would love the "JJP Treatment" of this theme...

New:
    Are they planning more Max Max movies based on the reboot? If so, could be a nice theme.

Old:
    Willy Wonka always struck me as a timeless theme, similar to WoZ.

GameChanger:
    Hellcat (i KNOW that theme would get wall-wall podcast coverage)

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

jjp and Star wars just sounds to good to ge true.
    I think almost every pin fan can imagine that combi has, by far, the biggest potential to be the best pin ever made.
    Wont happen sadly.

Agree it would be huge.

However, and this comes from a HUGE Star Wars fan, I think JJP+Harry Potter would eclipse JJP+SW.

Obviously neither will happen, so its all conjecture.

Whats the NEXT best ski-fi theme for JJP?
    Mad Max?
    Battlestar Galactica?
    Blade Runner?
    Hunger Games?
    Twilight?

#219 3 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

You do realise that Harry Potter would be loathed by a huge portion of their existing and potential customer base? I'm not even sure if it's "one for the kids", as the people that grew up with Harry Potter are mostly over 18 now anyway, and will have moved on to more mature things.

I disagree.

The fact that universal just "doubled" the Harry Potter stuff in Orlando would seem to point to just the opposite.

Btw- universal did a great job with the IP. I hope Disney can do half as good a job with the Star Wars license.

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Just know the future themes I know about are universally loved / accepted... You'll never see a flash in the pan one hit wonder movie or TV licensed theme from JJP. ...

Pffft!

WoZ was totally a 1-hit wonder! The sequel (Return to Oz) was a stinker...

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Not sure I'd have called The Hobbit universally loved and accepted as a theme. The films were really crap. It seemed like a huge and hugely popular franchise for merchandise / general licensing after LotR, but rather less so once the films actually dropped. I only really enjoyed the first of the fellowship trilogy, too. The books I found a bit bloated and uninspiring when I read them as a kid.

LOTR is to The Hobbit trilogy, as
    Starwars 4-6 is to 1-3.

Ugh... actually it was bad, but not THAT bad.... but nearly as disappointing.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Toy Story, Harry Potter, Willy Wonka WTF?

ca7e03ee2e96de6bd884cdb3b129f986e437ab4b76a780ad2b8ee7a498205e42_(resized).jpg

Too family friendly?

How about Human Centipede?

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Is Jack just a figurehead now? Stern like guys running the show?

If they deliver, who cares?

1 month later
    #319 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A good thing no one recalls when it was leaked on Pinside.
    LTG : )

Im hoping NONE of that was remotely accurate....

#322 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Accurate or not, you never know what will happen.
    Three years ago at Expo I spoke with Drew about two licenses, both went by the wayside when Hobbit was secured. A couple Junes back I walked in on a license meeting at JJP, and it went by the wayside because Pat wanted to do an unlicensed.
    Only the future knows for sure.
    LTG : )

Fair enough.

Unless things change, one thing I like about JJP is they've done BIG licenses. I don't love WoZ personally, but no question its a big-time theme; TH is also a huge theme.

So, Im excited to see what JJP does next... even if its not HP....

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

I personally think the biggest theme that could be secured is Minecraft. Kids and adults would flock to it. I've been playing minecraft on pc for years now with my kids. It has universal appeal just like WOZ. There are a lot of possibilities with an LCD monitor, as you progress in the game Steve could be building a large structure, maybe a castle or just a house depending on the mode. This theme could actually make use of a nice LCD screen.

It's a popular mobile phone game, but strikes me as incredibly un-sexy as a pinball theme.

#332 3 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't think anyone picked up on this.
    Jack gave us a hint a few days ago, unless trolling ...

hint_(resized).PNG

oh f$%#$%$%

A Queen Elizabeth pin?

good lord, Id even pick WoZ over that theme....

#342 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's one ugly hat harry.

Jaws would be excellent, yes.

#344 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'd be in on one if someone made one. My favorite movie.

Hell, I'd be happy if someone just built a real version of the virtual version that's out here....

So many great one-liners from that movie too- fantastic material for awesome callouts.

#354 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Am I the only one that thinks jaws isn't the best title for a pin? I haven't seen it in a while. Isn't there only 1 real scene to draw off in the movie.... Killing the shark?
    Maybe it would be better as a fan retheme for the baywatch pin?

I think, compared to Harry Potter, most themes are lacking.

However Jaws is a Super-Classic.

1 week later
    #397 3 years ago
    Quoted from jungle:

The licence doesn't matter that much to plenty of older pinheads. Just because I am old doesn't make me a fan of woz or hobbit. I'm not. But they are great pinball machines. So use the theme to pull in younger people.

Good in theory, until you realize it still needs to be purchased by COLLECTORS.

Plus, theme alone is not going pull kids heads out of their iPhones to play pinball...If they did, then games like Shrek, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Flintstones, etc would have resulted in droves of kids clamoring for pinball.... didn't happen.

(Please spare me the anecdotal stories of fellow pinheads kids who LOVE pinball)

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Just found out today Pats game is this theme. Don't hold me to it of course..

Natural Disasters?

So, its about the Kardashians?

#453 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder how 'Dialed In' could relate to disasters?

I think you misunderstood.

When JJP said the next pin would be "dialed-in", he just meant they were going finally ship it with the flippers set at the right power....

#460 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

I've noticed. But Neo seems generally unhappy. I see him complain constantly about the prices of games. Lol.
    There is one other guy. Silverballz who also aims to start trouble in JJP threads for some unknown reason. I'm not in ghostbusters threads starting trouble. I just don't get people's motivation for making others unhappy. It's like the mark of a sociopath or something.

Sociopath? lol. Don't quit your day job.

But, come on, sorry that you couldn't take a light-hearted comment.

And since you seem worried about how much time I spend in JJP threads, it was about 90 seconds today.... cheers!

#474 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

If you don't have something of value to say in these threads then exit them. Some of us want to enjoy our games without people like you trying to piss in our cheerios.

You seem obsessed with my posts. Avail yourself of the ignore button... amazing reading a post can make you "feel bad"?

Anyways, this topic is the next JJP theme:

The more I think about a HP theme, the better and better it seems.

And, as big of a PL fan as I am, if they truly get that license, it almost seems like more sense to leap-frog Lawyer's game for a guaranteed smash hit like HP.... Assuming it not impossible due to how far his game is already.

#506 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampshroom:

I know it's not everyone's flavor, but a Rush pinball machine would have my money. LE Canadian red edition all the way.

"rush" would be a super ironic title for JJP

I don't see them doing band themes- seems Stern has done those to death....

I don't think JJP can afford to pigeon-hole themselves with themes that have narrow appeal- this works for Stern, but they crank out 72 titles per year.

I think its Big Themes for JJP. Big.

#532 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

Case in point. Heres to hoping the mods subforum eject you from JJP threads. You and Lowepg are as bad as Kaneda in that regard.

Dude, you've posted in this thread 5 or 6 times and NONE have been on-topic- ALL have bitching and whining about other people.... careful what you wish for, YOU might be the one ejected for 100% off-topic posting here.

Sure I ve criticized JJP in other threads, but THIS thread has been mostly positive conversation from everyone.Im assuming you've missed posts Ive made in this thread like this:

Quoted from lowepg:

Unless things change, one thing I like about JJP is they've done BIG licenses. I don't love WoZ personally, but no question its a big-time theme; TH is also a huge theme.
    So, Im excited to see what JJP does next... even if its not HP....

You seem to have some unnatural attraction to me, and Id normally 'use the ignore button'....However you seem to be far more interested in ME then joining in the conversation here- which is about JJP's next themes.

Feel free to take it offline (so I can ignore it) and bring this thread back on-topic.

#600 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

She's a selfish fool then!

lol.

#647 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

She is a billionaire already. Why would she actually care about the little bit of money that a HP pinball machine would make her?

Yes, but if she were only as smart as some pinsiders here, she could turn that $1,000,000,000 into $1,000,050,000 !

Seems like a no brainer.

Note: I would LOVE a HP pin, but suggesting JKR is lacking business sense is asinine. She'd net as much from 1 speaking engagement as she'd ever make off pinball... and not have to worry about her IP.

#662 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Things I learned while checking this thread:

3) If I'm traveling somewhere unfamiliar and need to score weed

Or, apparently, just use this tool:

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play

#673 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I suppose Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (based off of original) is another fun theme I can see JJP doing.

I've always thought this was a strong possibility.

It follows the one consistant theme of the first 2 JJP titles: little people.

Other good movies featuring little people:
    Time Bandits,
    Max Mad

I'd go for any of those themes!

#699 3 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

White trash, slutty, Alice in wonderland is free domain...

Sold!

aiw1_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 67.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 26.95
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 4,199.00
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 279.95
    Cabinet - Toppers
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 209.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside