4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 225 votes
      54%

(415 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 87 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 4 years ago

Something Sci Fi please.

#114 4 years ago

Toy Story and Harry Potter?

geoffrey-arend-in-amp-039-super-troopers-amp-039-amp-quot-please-no-amp-quot_o_2988905_(resized).jpg

#144 4 years ago

Dune_1984_Poster_(resized).jpg

robocop-feat-tm_(resized).jpg

sci-hannah-bladerunner-tm_(resized).jpg

#180 4 years ago

StarTrek 50th ann, original cast, original series, oh man that would be great.

ST_TOS_Cast_(resized).jpg

STIn_Beauty_(resized).jpg

William_Shatner_Star_Trek_first_episode_1966_(resized).jpg

Leonard_Nimoy_William_Shatner_Star_Trek_1968_(resized).JPG

4 weeks later
    #214 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

They need a sci fi theme of some kind now.

Yes, I would love Blade Runner or OG StarTrek based on the films, many other cool Sci Fi themes out there but its time JJP.

#265 3 years ago

Toy Story, Harry Potter, Willy Wonka WTF?

ca7e03ee2e96de6bd884cdb3b129f986e437ab4b76a780ad2b8ee7a498205e42_(resized).jpg

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Perhaps you can get a boutique pinball manufacturer to make that "Satan eats Jesus" pinball machine you might like?

I like the title, but you guys are a little much, big difference between not wanting cartoons for kids and magic for preteens than maybe something Scifi or a little more action related like Madmax or BladeRunner, you came up with something so much worse than anything I was thinking, thats scary, your probably religious too, even scarier.

#269 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Too family friendly?
    How about Human Centipede?

Yes and I"ve never heard of that.

#271 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Sorry, I am not religious at all. Willy Wonka appeals to all ages and has tons of cool things that could provide inspiration for an awesome pinball machine. It is a pretty dark movie.

Well I still like "Satan eats Jesus" for the next JJP title, I'm in for the LE 100% I would really like to see something SciFi by this company, the games are beautiful and I think its a good match, we kinda have enough fantasy/colorful imagery already. Glad you can at least take a joke.

#282 3 years ago

As much as I like SciFi and stuff one theme that I would enjoy and is family freindly would be Looney Toons, think of the clips and source material is through the roof.

1 month later
    #415 3 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I never understood the river of tears it caused.

I think its amazing how you couldn't understand that, its not exactly a relevant theme to men in their 30's and 40's and for that matter any age, I mean I loved the Smurfs when I was a little kid but I don't want a pin themed after them, with all the cool themes out there why Jack went with a 30's film based on dancing and singing is beyond me, glad those who love it have it but man what a let down, Hobbit isn't much better either and I see alot of posts declaring a desire for Harry Potter, WTF is going on here? Its me I know but come on, Blade Runner, Robocop, Running man, The outer Limits not to mention all the great video game franchises that so many of us grew up on, Zelda or Wolfenstein, Resident Evil and Half Life and look what we got.

#420 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Its me I know but come on

you guys must have missed this, I'm not saying ur not a man if u dig WOZ but its not exactly popular within the male friends that I hang out with, I've never heard "lets watch a film, what will it be, MadMax or WOZ? does that seem normal to you, maybe. To each his own, and like I said glad that people like it, I just want something with an edge from JJP and thats certainly isn't Harry Potter or Toy Story.

#422 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

The whole "friend of Dorothy" thing is fairly new.

No idea what that means, you didn't really read my post but thats ok.

#427 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The point is it's just a theme...which doesn't mean that much. Take your collection, I have, LITERALLY never heard someone say "Let's watch Johnny Mnemonic...that's a great one!" I mean...no one would say that in front of people that I know anyway; they'd never live it down. But it's a game you like.
    The flip side is, I've seen Robocop probably 100 times, and I have LITERALLY never said "Damn let's play some Robocop this pin is sweet."

Comparing WOZ to Madmax is an extremely far leap from comparing JM to Robocop, JM's cheese level makes it great like so many 90's bad sci fi actions films, so bad that they were good, I would rather watch Dolph as the Preacher over anything in WOZ but who cares anyway. As for Robocop its a great pin. I'm done with this.

#429 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...God I hope you're done...you've already gone off the deep end. That game is a cute novelty, but pure shit.

I know it gets a bad rap but its actually a fun pin, I like the "pure shit". If there was a great theme for JJP to do its F-ing Robocop.

#430 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Which I never did.

See you missed the guys post I was commenting on who compared them, ok now I'm done.

#438 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

JJP is the wrong company to hope makes a violent 80's sci-fi movie license. It's just not going to happen. They're going for family friendly, all demographics.

Well thats horseshit. but will save me some money.

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Homebrew it! Get an Avatar, replace the AMP Suit with an ED-209, redo all the art, and redo all the sound and animation with Pinball Browser. Bam, Robocop!

Not a bad idea, I want to do the same thing with a Met pro and change it to Slayer.

1 week later
    #497 3 years ago

Sci Fi.

1 week later
    #555 3 years ago

Now take it easy, BabyMetal Pinball, I gotta say as a 40 year old man and a long time fan of brutal death metal from the late 80's to present that is one seriously heavy riff and the dance moves work perfectly, dance moves with Death Metal, I even like the pop chorus, just works so well together, could make a cool pin and is somewhat family freindly, these chicks are 18 and 16, Its normal to want to hate this but I dare you to try. I can't believe it myself how much I'm digging it.

#559 3 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

No it's all good man, I'm kind of snobby on the inside with metal, but still like a lot of non underground stuff. I've heard and watched vids of them before and totally fine with it. Some nice riffs for sure! But we should keep on dreaming if we think a death metal pin is coming anytime soon lol. Oh...just found out I am going backstage to cannibal corpse end of next month!

I'm a big fan of Six Feet Under

#622 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

shoot some glue.

Oh man, what decade was that?

#631 3 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Another cool pin theme for JJP would be Guardians of the Galaxy.

Yes, I really liked that film and it has all the elements needed for a great pin.

#637 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Led Zeppelin theme , coolest band that ever was....this would make a great table!!!

Well Black Sabbath is the coolest with Slayer almost tied, as much as I enjoy LZ music isn't right for me with pinball, need speed, speed is what we need. Actually I change my mind Slayer is the coolest, lets make it happen.

#668 3 years ago

I have to say this, "F--K Harry Potter" I mean are all you guys joking?

#675 3 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Harry Potter's awesome.

Harry Potter is a teen boy who rides around on a broomstick and does magic, come on.

#693 3 years ago

I grew up with this version and its my favorite, not that I'm watching it still or anything.

#712 3 years ago
    Quoted from Animal:

After WOZ and Hobbit, can we be sure that there is another one. I mean, I want to see them survive, but they seem to be 0 for 2 at this point.

Well for you maybe and me as I'm not a fan of either but alot of people really like WOZ and TH, I think PL's game will elevate JJP to a new level, I hope so, also looking forward to a SciFi theme from them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 109.99
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 999.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 23.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 3.00
    $ 275.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside