Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 226 votes
      54%

(416 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

This would set the pinball world on fire.
    matrix_(resized).png

Jack said he won't do something that has been don't before.

1 month later
    #165 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the delay has got me wondering if the hobbit will end up losing sales because the thrill is gone.
    granted, SWEP1 wasn't the best title that bally/williams produced, but the situation was similar where it hurt them severely that the title wasn't released until well after the movie had come and gone
    with jack touting that the machine would be in people's hands at the launch of the 3rd movie (and now 14 months later) games still are not shipping, it's a wonder that more people haven't pulled out of their reservation spots
    I think that it would be best for the community as well as JJP if they can get their process to the point where, like stern, they could announce a title, and then release it within the next month or two afterwards. it's a pipe dream, but given all of the drama within the past 2 years, its something that I don't think that they can afford to continue along this path
    that old adage "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me" comes to mind and the hobbit is the "twice"

Why do you think they haven't announced Pats machine yet?

4 weeks later
    #207 8 years ago

Madmax would be sweet

A JJP pin based off Daniel Craig's 4 x Bond movies would also be pretty cool.

2 weeks later
    #292 8 years ago

Who is actually coding Pats game?

Will Keith be involved?

3 weeks later
    #324 8 years ago
    Quoted from craigj:

I personally think the biggest theme that could be secured is Minecraft. Kids and adults would flock to it. I've been playing minecraft on pc for years now with my kids. It has universal appeal just like WOZ. There are a lot of possibilities with an LCD monitor, as you progress in the game Steve could be building a large structure, maybe a castle or just a house depending on the mode. This theme could actually make use of a nice LCD screen.

Bigger than lego?
    Lego has movies now to draw off, decades of fans, video games every year.

I hope toy story is one if the titles.

#347 7 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks jaws isn't the best title for a pin? I haven't seen it in a while. Isn't there only 1 real scene to draw off in the movie.... Killing the shark?

Maybe it would be better as a fan retheme for the baywatch pin?

#351 7 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

I'm not a massive Harry Potter fan, the Mrs and the kids are. But if they went with that theme the stories and lore would make fantastic source material for pinball. Then there's the main events in the books, spells/wizards, sport, toy possibilities.

Magic is always a good theme with a pin I think. Pat Lawlor...never got to finish Wizard blocks

#355 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Way more than one scene with the shark.

But only one scene where they (spoiler alert) kill the shark. The other scenes are of other people dieing, and them unsuccessfully trying to kill the shark? Just don't know how a programmer would make modes based off that.
    1980s, and 90s games didn't demand the complexity of the rules that modern games do! Love to be proven wrong but just don't think its good enough to be a modern game.

2 weeks later
    #471 7 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

Last year I asked if we will see a music themed game from JJP someday in the future. Jacks answer was "Yes we will". Keith once said, that my dream theme "The beatles" are "basically unlicensium". So what band/musicians are left there? Perhaps "Queen"? That could be a cool pinball theme. Or Led Zep, Pink Floyd? Who has enough fans that would buy a pinball game?
    After all the STERN music games I would like to see something that has music from more than one band. Something like "The Blues Brothers". But who can tell?

I thought i remember reading Jack saying he would never make a music pin. But when I went looking for the quote I got:

-------------------
    Your future games won't focus on just one kind of theme, right?

"Like every super hero or old rock band – I will not make a Jimi Hendrix or another Jurassic Park or Ghost Busters or anything that has been done before. We want to do new innovative things in pinball."
    ---------------------
    From: http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/jjpinterview/index.html

Don't think GB was even rumored back then, the article doesn't have a date. So I guess Jimi Hendrix, and Jurassic Park are being made by Stern?

1 week later
    #563 7 years ago

Bloody British pinball Mafia.

1 week later
    #690 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It seems Riot Pinball has that covered. I hope it gets into production.
    http://riotpinball.com/node/3

That is popaduik art. Well, Zombie Yeti.

#692 7 years ago

You are right. Got confused by the cleavage.
    Doubt the license holder would allow a sexualised version of a little girl on a pinball, or anywhere.

#700 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

There is no license holder, the work is in the public domain. You can't copy the Disney characters, but you can make your own version free and clear.

But if you want to sell a pinball machine, and use the name 'alice in wonderland' everything would need to be approved wouldn't it? Unless this is a homebrew project they just plan on making a couple of? I don't really know who Riot Pinball are

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-licensed-theme-from-jjp-will-be?tu=falconpunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.