4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 225 votes
      54%

(415 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 87 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg

There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.
    #401 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Good in theory, until you realize it still needs to be purchased by COLLECTORS.
    Plus, theme alone is not going pull kids heads out of their iPhones to play pinball...If they did, then games like Shrek, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Flintstones, etc would have resulted in droves of kids clamoring for pinball.... didn't happen.
    (Please spare me the anecdotal stories of fellow pinheads kids who LOVE pinball)

When Rocky & Bullwinkle pinball came out, kids didn't know who they were. That was a theme for old people already. The Flintstones movie was a bomb - no kid or adult at the time would have been attracted to that machine. Shrek was a little too late. It was right before the pinball resurgence, and a little too late for Shrek-mania.

#402 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The Flintstones movie was a bomb - no kid or adult at the time would have been attracted to that machine.

Clearly

Domestic: $130,531,208 38.2%
    + Foreign: $211,100,000 61.8%
    = Worldwide: $341,631,208

Flintstones
    Yearly 1994 5
    Yearly Opening Weekends 1994 2
    Yearly PG Rated 1994 2
    Worldwide Yearly 1994 6

#403 3 years ago

Pats game is not licensed so it should not take long to finish up. A friend told me he heard the theme is a "Weather Theme" like a beefed up Whirlwind on steroids.

#404 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Pats game is not licensed so it should not take long to finish up. A friend told me he heard the theme is a "Weather Theme" like a beefed up Whirlwind on steroids.

I would be very interested in seeing how they make use of the LCD screen if this is the case. It could be very intense.

#405 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Pats game is not licensed so it should not take long to finish up.

But for an original theme everything has to be created from scratch as there is no exiting art or assets. Also, WOZ is already weather-themed (twister)

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

I would be very interested in seeing how they make use of the LCD screen if this is the case. It could be very intense.

very intense.

windmachine1_(resized).jpg

#407 3 years ago

hoping for something really intense ...

flight1_(resized).jpg
    fire2_(resized).jpg
    lightning1_(resized).jpg

#408 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

El Nino?

#409 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Sharknado?

#410 3 years ago
    #411 3 years ago

cicada theme? Every 17yrs cicada trolls pop up from the playfield?

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

cicada theme? Every 17yrs cicada trolls pop up from the playfield?

You are a funny guy...

#413 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Good in theory, until you realize it still needs to be purchased by COLLECTORS.
    Plus, theme alone is not going pull kids heads out of their iPhones to play pinball...If they did, then games like Shrek, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Flintstones, etc would have resulted in droves of kids clamoring for pinball.... didn't happen.
    (Please spare me the anecdotal stories of fellow pinheads kids who LOVE pinball)

I think MOST collectors or if you don't believe that MANY collectors were seriously negative on the WOZ theme. How did it sell ? Also let's see how children react to big screen pinball on location. That certainly has not been tested in the U.K yet ( or anywhere )

#414 3 years ago

Honest I thought WOZ was a pretty strong theme - it's a family movie, a classic. I never understood the river of tears it caused.

#415 3 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I never understood the river of tears it caused.

I think its amazing how you couldn't understand that, its not exactly a relevant theme to men in their 30's and 40's and for that matter any age, I mean I loved the Smurfs when I was a little kid but I don't want a pin themed after them, with all the cool themes out there why Jack went with a 30's film based on dancing and singing is beyond me, glad those who love it have it but man what a let down, Hobbit isn't much better either and I see alot of posts declaring a desire for Harry Potter, WTF is going on here? Its me I know but come on, Blade Runner, Robocop, Running man, The outer Limits not to mention all the great video game franchises that so many of us grew up on, Zelda or Wolfenstein, Resident Evil and Half Life and look what we got.

#416 3 years ago

I'm in my 40s, I watched WOZ with my family when I was a kid. I don't currently find it an affront to my masculinity, it's still just a good family film, not just for kids. I'd happily watch it this evening just as happily as I watched Mad Max a few months ago.

#417 3 years ago

Woz as a movie and pin is simply a family fun adventure that most of us relate some of our earliest childhood memories to. It was a major event in the 80's when woz was on TV once a year. It's not a big deal now days, but back then it was. For me, it's just a great piece of history both in film and family fun as a kid. That's why it appealed to me, and probably many others. That doesn't take away from my love of action movies that I also love. I can enjoy the best of both worlds and now a great pinball machine too.

#418 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

why Jack went with a 30's film based on dancing and singing is beyond me

Easy - the Wizard of Oz redemption game he made earned *unbelievable* amounts of money. He had the license, so it was easy to bring it over to pinball.

It's sold well enough I understand, and earns okay on location.

#419 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

WTF is going on here? Its me I know but come on, Blade Runner, Robocop, Running man,...

Well having the license is a big deal....but as an "owner" of Alien like you are, you're probably figuring that out.

Theme was never horrible to me. It's a classic film that's still watchable today, by a wide range of people. It's 'Merica so everyone started freaking out aboot how "gay" it was for some reason, but it isn't any worse than WWE or Mustang.
    The only real problem was the red slipper flipper...very bad.

#420 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Its me I know but come on

you guys must have missed this, I'm not saying ur not a man if u dig WOZ but its not exactly popular within the male friends that I hang out with, I've never heard "lets watch a film, what will it be, MadMax or WOZ? does that seem normal to you, maybe. To each his own, and like I said glad that people like it, I just want something with an edge from JJP and thats certainly isn't Harry Potter or Toy Story.

#421 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

you guys must have missed this, I'm not saying ur not a man if u dig WOZ but its not exactly popular within the male friends that I hang out with, I've never heard "lets watch a film, what will it be, MadMax or WOZ? does that seem normal to you, maybe. To each his own, and like I said glad that people like it, I just want something with an edge from JJP and thats certainly isn't Harry Potter or Toy Story.

No it's clearly you. The whole "friend of Dorothy" thing is fairly new. Prior to that parallel it was/is one of the most beloved movies/stories of all time. For 50ish years Prior to that comparison I guess? People who automatically equate WoZ with lack of masculinity should really take a long look at the back of their hands. I'm sure their knuckles are bleeding from scraping on the ground as they walk .

image_(resized).jpeg

#422 3 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

The whole "friend of Dorothy" thing is fairly new.

No idea what that means, you didn't really read my post but thats ok.

#423 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

you guys must have missed this,...

No we got it.

Quoted from Hazoff:

but its not exactly popular within the male friends that I hang out with, I've never heard "lets watch a film, what will it be, MadMax or WOZ?

The point is it's just a theme...which doesn't mean that much. Take your collection, I have, LITERALLY never heard someone say "Let's watch Johnny Mnemonic...that's a great one!" I mean...no one would say that in front of people that I know anyway; they'd never live it down. But it's a game you like.
    The flip side is, I've seen Robocop probably 100 times, and I have LITERALLY never said "Damn let's play some Robocop this pin is sweet."

#424 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

But will Jim Cantore be holding the infamous red button of panic as seen in most of Pats games????

#425 3 years ago

Just found out today Pats game is this theme. Don't hold me to it of course..

natural_disasters_custom_poster_by_htn4ever-d5kqwfi1_(resized).jpg

#426 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

YEs we've all known this for years

#427 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The point is it's just a theme...which doesn't mean that much. Take your collection, I have, LITERALLY never heard someone say "Let's watch Johnny Mnemonic...that's a great one!" I mean...no one would say that in front of people that I know anyway; they'd never live it down. But it's a game you like.
    The flip side is, I've seen Robocop probably 100 times, and I have LITERALLY never said "Damn let's play some Robocop this pin is sweet."

Comparing WOZ to Madmax is an extremely far leap from comparing JM to Robocop, JM's cheese level makes it great like so many 90's bad sci fi actions films, so bad that they were good, I would rather watch Dolph as the Preacher over anything in WOZ but who cares anyway. As for Robocop its a great pin. I'm done with this.

#428 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Don't care anymore but comparing WOZ to Madmax is an extremely far leap from comparing JM to Robocop,

Which I never did.

Quoted from Hazoff:

As for Robocop its a great pin. I;m done with this.

Ha...God I hope you're done...you've already gone off the deep end. That game is a cute novelty, but pure shit.

#429 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...God I hope you're done...you've already gone off the deep end. That game is a cute novelty, but pure shit.

I know it gets a bad rap but its actually a fun pin, I like the "pure shit". If there was a great theme for JJP to do its F-ing Robocop.

#430 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Which I never did.

See you missed the guys post I was commenting on who compared them, ok now I'm done.

#431 3 years ago

I've got a few buddies who are "Friends of Bill W."

#432 3 years ago

I actually think JJP could give Star Wars some justice. With so many films it should be deep as shit and they could deliver.

#433 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

I actually think JJP could give Star Wars some justice. With so many films it should be deep as shit and they could deliver.

Must....resist....

EDIT: Yeah and they'll be like 5 more films out by then so even more to love I tried

#434 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Cattle decapitation?

#435 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

YEs we've all known this for years

I didn't know we knew for years? Why are people still guessing then? Also show me the link from 2 years ago that shows this is the truth about the title.

#436 3 years ago

I seem to remember Jack saying you wouldn't know exactly what it was about from the title. Correct ?

#437 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I know it gets a bad rap but its actually a fun pin, I like the "pure shit". If there was a great theme for JJP to do its F-ing Robocop.

JJP is the wrong company to hope makes a violent 80's sci-fi movie license. It's just not going to happen. They're going for family friendly, all demographics.

As much as I love Robocop, it's off the pop-culture radar. A new pin would not sell....there's already a Robocop pin if anyone wants one that badly.

#438 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

JJP is the wrong company to hope makes a violent 80's sci-fi movie license. It's just not going to happen. They're going for family friendly, all demographics.

Well thats horseshit. but will save me some money.

#439 3 years ago

Oz...old? Hell, Wicked is still playing on Broadway....

#440 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Well thats horseshit. but will save me some money.

Homebrew it! Get an Avatar, replace the AMP Suit with an ED-209, redo all the art, and redo all the sound and animation with Pinball Browser. Bam, Robocop!

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Homebrew it! Get an Avatar, replace the AMP Suit with an ED-209, redo all the art, and redo all the sound and animation with Pinball Browser. Bam, Robocop!

Not a bad idea, I want to do the same thing with a Met pro and change it to Slayer.

#442 3 years ago

Known facts:

Not a wide body
    Boards will be in the back box
    Disaster theme

#443 3 years ago

why isn't it a wide body?

#444 3 years ago

Killer clowns from outer space.

#445 3 years ago

So, at the very least the next JJP machine will be a Lawlor design?

My absolute favorite designer with the awe-inspiring looks of a JJP machine... this has to be a winning combo.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed on this one... can't wait to hear more about it.

#447 3 years ago

I am sticking with a Harry Potter theme. More HP current material as JKR just announced 2 new books http://www.jkrowling.com/en_GB/#/news-events and related rollouts until 2019. She is (was?) opposed to pinball as kid-un-friendly, but after WoZ, Jack has a strong family-friendly reputation to pitch.

Jack had said very early, that he wants to stay with family friendly, wide appeal games - my first filter when guessing.

That filter gives me Toy Story, Star Wars, Harry Potter. The others mentioned in the thread are too intense (5th element {I'd even pre-order that one!}, Jaws or lack blockbuster appeal (Muppets, another coaster theme).

So far Jack's games have at least 4 common elements: Magic, a journey, mythical characters, blockbuster movies.

#3 Pat's original, may be none of the 4 elements? Pat's reputation is the main selling point.

4th game Harry Potter would have all 4 elements. Toy Story is a strong 2nd. Star Wars all 4, but prohibitively expensive?

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Plus 1 to that , I heard the same.

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Natural Disasters?

So, its about the Kardashians?

#450 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Natural Disasters?
    So, its about the Kardashians?

Wonder how 'Dialed In' could relate to disasters?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 149.00
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside