3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 225 votes
      54%

(415 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 87 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg

There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
    #201 3 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

The main aspect we need to consider is what assets can be used for the next jjp pin. Its going to have to be something current so Keith and the art guy can master the fuck out of those assets and integrate them artfully. Woz was great, but hobbit really took the video and audio from the movies and brought them into a masterpiece

Could not agree more.

4 weeks later
    #202 3 years ago

Actually, looking at WOZ and Hobbit today I was looking at the toys in both games, and for some reason I thought it would be cool to have a JJP Charlie Brown pinball.

Not sure why I thought of that - but now I am starting to think it would be a interesting pin for kids and adults alike. Charlie Brown Christmas and the Great Pumpkin would make some cool modes and sounds in the game. The pumpkin patch, Snoopy and Woodstock and the voice soundalikes should be pretty easy to find...

Oh well, just thought I would share...

#204 3 years ago

Dream Theme for JJP:
    Harry Potter - 0% chance of getting it
    Star Wars - close to 0%, still would love the "JJP Treatment" of this theme...

New:
    Are they planning more Max Max movies based on the reboot? If so, could be a nice theme.

Old:
    Willy Wonka always struck me as a timeless theme, similar to WoZ.

GameChanger:
    Hellcat (i KNOW that theme would get wall-wall podcast coverage)

#205 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

GameChanger:
    Hellcat (i KNOW that theme would get wall-wall podcast coverage)

Good one

#206 3 years ago

I still want to see the JJP spin on a music based theme - The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd or Tool would best be served by them. A JJP Scarface or Godfather pinball would also be pretty rad. For something more family friendly, maybe LEGO, ET, Minecraft or Toy Story.

#207 3 years ago

Madmax would be sweet

A JJP pin based off Daniel Craig's 4 x Bond movies would also be pretty cool.

#208 3 years ago

SpongeBob SquarePants could make for a family friendly title.

#209 3 years ago

Bond James Bond, about time we had a new Bond pin and JJPs presentation would be amazing. It's the one license I would jump on with JJP and wait a year or so for any other theme I wouldn't be prepared to wait 2-4 years for.

#210 3 years ago

Yeah I forgot about Bond but also thought that would be a good one for JJP. I may have even put that in a post before.

#211 3 years ago

They've done classic. They've done fantasy. They need a sci fi theme of some kind now.

Star Wars would be great (obviously) but we are kidding ourselves to think Stern doesn't have the license.

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

They've done classic. They've done fantasy. They need a sci fi theme of some kind now.
    Star Wars would be great (obviously) but we are kidding ourselves to think Stern doesn't have the license.

So what your saying is Moonraker?

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

They need a sci fi theme of some kind now.

Yes, I would love Blade Runner or OG StarTrek based on the films, many other cool Sci Fi themes out there but its time JJP.

#215 3 years ago

Blade Runner would get my vote. Music would be great for pinball too. Someone's going to do it eventually, and I'd really prefer that it was JJP given their commitment to visual and aural fidelity.

Something more cult classic like Event Horizon would be brilliant in my view ... though possibly slightly too edgy for JJP. Would work better for Heighway or DP.

Mad Max would be fantastic ... though I thought DP supposedly had that?

Craig Bond films would definitely work. For more action, original Point Break was totally iconic.

#216 3 years ago

jjp and Star wars just sounds to good to ge true.

I think almost every pin fan can imagine that combi has, by far, the biggest potential to be the best pin ever made.

Wont happen sadly.

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

jjp and Star wars just sounds to good to ge true.
    I think almost every pin fan can imagine that combi has, by far, the biggest potential to be the best pin ever made.
    Wont happen sadly.

Agree it would be huge.

However, and this comes from a HUGE Star Wars fan, I think JJP+Harry Potter would eclipse JJP+SW.

Obviously neither will happen, so its all conjecture.

Whats the NEXT best ski-fi theme for JJP?
    Mad Max?
    Battlestar Galactica?
    Blade Runner?
    Hunger Games?
    Twilight?

#218 3 years ago

You do realise that Harry Potter would be loathed by a huge portion of their existing and potential customer base? I'm not even sure if it's "one for the kids", as the people that grew up with Harry Potter are mostly over 18 now anyway, and will have moved on to more mature things.

#219 3 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

You do realise that Harry Potter would be loathed by a huge portion of their existing and potential customer base? I'm not even sure if it's "one for the kids", as the people that grew up with Harry Potter are mostly over 18 now anyway, and will have moved on to more mature things.

I disagree.

The fact that universal just "doubled" the Harry Potter stuff in Orlando would seem to point to just the opposite.

Btw- universal did a great job with the IP. I hope Disney can do half as good a job with the Star Wars license.

#220 3 years ago

Willy Wonka or The Munsters..

willy-wonka--the-chocolate-factory-4fea54fa7c6ab-760x428_(resized).jpg

homebanner_(resized).jpg

#221 3 years ago

I thought Pats next game was a unlicensed title ?

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I disagree.
    The fact that universal just "doubled" the Harry Potter stuff in Orlando would seem to point to just the opposite.
    Btw- universal did a great job with the IP. I hope Disney can do half as good a job with the Star Wars license.

That's a captive audience (at a theme park in Florida). Purchasing pinball machines is rather different.

Quoted from whitey:

I thought Pats next game was a unlicensed title ?

It is. Speculation moved on to the further future.

#223 3 years ago

MUNSTERS !!!

#224 3 years ago

My kid is 6 and loves HP. I don't think that license will die any time soon. Probably not until a new story from that genre is made to replace it.

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Huh? Harry Potter is the poster child for the Millennial generation. Not to mention the older Gen X that raised them. Numbers don't lie. Yes, a good portion of Boomers may not be into Harry Potter as much, but to say the Millennials (potential customer base) would loathe Harry Potter is just crazy. And the younger Boomers had to read all of those books and go to all of those movies. Oh and now they are coming out with another book.....so the dynasty continues with Gen Z.

#226 3 years ago

I'd like to see a new Addams Family.

Based on the TV show.

#227 3 years ago

The GOOD DINOSAUR....

Would make some good hologramatic scenes, Fire flies everywhere.
    (Just kidding)

The_Good_Dinosaur_(resized).jpg

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes, I would love Blade Runner or OG StarTrek based on the films, many other cool Sci Fi themes out there but its time JJP.

Yaa, Blade Runner would be epic. Plus there is a new movie in the works...I would be onboard for this title

#229 3 years ago

Starwars after Pat's game would be nice.
    Why jjp? because the big lcd, tons of mechs,quality toys.

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Bond James Bond

I could EASILY get into this, but in order for it to be timeless, classic, and collectible, they'd need to use the license broadly by incorporating all the classic movies and books into one game--rather than locking it in to the most recent movie. It might be difficult, but I could see it working in their favor: Different modes can correspond to different villains or plots from different movies.

#231 3 years ago

Speaking of Pat's game, has anyone heard of any new information regarding it? I feel like we should be hearing something pretty soon.

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Speaking of Pat's game, has anyone heard of any new information regarding it? I feel like we should be hearing something pretty soon.

You won't hear or see anything til most Hobbits are out the door.

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Something more cult classic like Event Horizon

Hahahahahahaha...whoo that was a good one.

hahahahahahaha... man I just can't stop.

#234 3 years ago

Whatever it is the timing will be about the same as when Stern releases Star Wars. Either Stern will have to screw it up badly for me not to buy it, or JJP is going to have to really ratchet up his issues for me to not buy the Star Wars.

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

Yaa, Blade Runner would be epic. Plus there is a new movie in the works...I would be onboard for this title

Blade Runner is perfect for JJP, slow, boring, deep, looks awesome, full of fancy tech, love/hate

#236 3 years ago

Just know the future themes I know about are universally loved / accepted... No different than WOZ and The Hobbit. A few are already in the bag others being worked on - and every one is a home run. Anything JJP does will be big ticket licenses to match the type of games JJP makes. I'm truly personally excited about a few of them... The phrase used here a lot 'take my money' comes to mind... You'll never see a flash in the pan one hit wonder movie or TV licensed theme from JJP. With the JJP games you'll know you're always getting top shelf with the themes and the game itself (toys, rules, quality,...). Pat's unlicensed is next, then 2017 will probably bring the next license announcement. Enjoy the Hobbit for now folks...

#237 3 years ago

Hmmmmm^^^^

Bond, Harry Potter, Mad Max

Mission Impossible, Hunger Games?

Fast and Furious

#238 3 years ago

Marvel Avengers Infinity Wars part 2 comes out May, 2019

#239 3 years ago

Marvel will be putting out movies for years,it could be something like that 5 or so years from now.

#240 3 years ago
    Quoted from jms121:

Marvel will be putting out movies for years,it could be something like that 5 or so years from now.

The timing could not be more perfect.

#241 3 years ago

hmmm....Superman?

#242 3 years ago

A little Wonka inspiration. Warning: NSFW language and idiotic commentary.

#243 3 years ago

Why not Iron maiden by JJP ??

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from powerslave:

Because Iron Maiden is not universally/loved and accepted.

#245 3 years ago
    Quoted from powerslave:

Everyone in the band would look like Eddie by the time it came out.

#246 3 years ago

Ok Vid, that one made me smile.

#247 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin, 1st ball = Been along time since I rocked n rolled, Jimmy Page solo for Multi ball.

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Just know the future themes I know about are universally loved / accepted... You'll never see a flash in the pan one hit wonder movie or TV licensed theme from JJP. ...

Pffft!

WoZ was totally a 1-hit wonder! The sequel (Return to Oz) was a stinker...

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wescobar:

A little Wonka inspiration. Warning: NSFW language and idiotic commentary.
    » YouTube video

"get some braces"

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Pffft!
    WoZ was totally a 1-hit wonder! The sequel (Return to Oz) was a stinker...

I need to see that. I've heard it's pretty wild.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 6.00
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 229.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 12.75
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside