Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 226 votes
      54%

(416 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg
    There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.
    #51 8 years ago

Is this thread a trick question?

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Is this thread a trick question?

Its a free way for JJP to get game ideas.

#53 8 years ago

Okay, I'll ask the stupid question.. I thought the next game was unlicensed?

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Okay, I'll ask the stupid question.. I thought the next game was unlicensed?

Correct, so this question is what machine is after that....which is why people are making fun of it being 5 or more years away.

#55 8 years ago

Dr. Who!!!

#56 8 years ago

Speculating is fun - but Jack's license mantra seems to be "something the whole family can enjoy & known worldwide". So - I don't see him doing anything cult classic or geek-demo specific. Unless Stern has a total lock on Disney - I could see him doing something Disney/Pixar, Despicable Me/Minions, Peanuts or something along those lines.

#57 8 years ago

BTILC, Archer, or Blade Runner while we're dreaming.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

BTILC, Archer, or Blade Runner while we're dreaming.

Cult, Adult, and Cult. JJP would never make these titles.

#60 8 years ago

Is there any Tom Cruise movie pins?
    I think mission impossible pin would have a ton of potential.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Correct, so this question is what machine is after that....which is why people are making fun of it being 5 or more years away.

Ah! Sorry for my stupidity.. that makes sense now.

#62 8 years ago

Futurama please

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#63 8 years ago

maybe a collection of Miyazaki films from Studio Ghibli

miyazaki_(resized).jpgmiyazaki_(resized).jpg

#64 8 years ago

The next Bond film? 3 years from now would be about right. Or next Star Wars of course.

Or does JJP only want to do kiddie themes that don't appeal to adults? In which case bye bye me as a customer, and I've bought WOZ and Hobbit LEs...

#65 8 years ago

JJP came right on Pinside and insinuated that they had the Star Wars license. I didn't even hear that one 3rd party. I saw it with my own eyes.

#66 8 years ago

mnpinball knows his stuff. If he says Bond, I'm gonna believe Bond.

That has the potential to be an awesome pin. I never get tired of the theme song.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

mnpinball knows his stuff. If he says Bond, I'm gonna believe Bond.
    That has the potential to be an awesome pin. I never get tired of the theme song.

I'd give MNpinball an 80% correctness. Him saying the line started and it was a false start didn't help anyone.

#68 8 years ago

Just dreaming man. Just dreaming.

Quoted from Rarehero:Cult, Adult, and Cult. JJP would never make these titles.

#69 8 years ago

Though it seems unlikely to happen, the nerd in me would love a Harry Potter pin from JJP.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I'd give MNpinball an 80% correctness. Him saying the line started and it was a false start didn't help anyone.

They had started sub assemblies when I posted. Drop mechs, beast mechs etc certainly need those ready in multiples for the playfields. No false starts. But quite possibly my terms are different than yours

#71 8 years ago

The last thing pinside needs right now is another speculation thread that's just going to invite people to criticize JJP, again.

#72 8 years ago

Ben Hur, the game. Kinda fits their image.

Was going to say Ten Commandments but don't know if people will get mad at me.

Chariot_Race_Ben-Hur_(resized).pngChariot_Race_Ben-Hur_(resized).png

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

They had started sub assemblies when I posted. Drop mechs, beast mechs etc certainly need those ready in multiples for the playfields. No false starts. But quite possibly my terms are different than yours

Got any inside info where the sample games are going?

#74 8 years ago

These guys have been so slow to get anything to market, I may forget by the time it comes out...

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

No false start? How many weeks does it take to make 8 machines?

#76 8 years ago

Pat Lawlor said he wanted to do a theme he has thought of for years. I believe JJP said he was on board with that. So, that is something to ponder.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Pat Lawlor said he wanted to do a theme he has thought of for years. I believe JJP said he was on board with that. So, that is something to ponder.

That should be their #3 & unlicensed

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That should be their #3 & unlicensed

Ah yes... I missed the "Licensed" part of the thread.

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Futurama please

image_(resized).jpeg

Hell yeah!

Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Ben Hur, the game. Kinda fits their image.

Chariot_Race_Ben-Hur_(resized).png

Hell yeah! Long movie...with LOTR-level deep ruleset...Leperous Multiball!

and, while we're at it, why not....

Quoted from o-din:

If they are going to hook up with Disney, then this makes perfect sense.

v37102tkgps_(resized).jpg

Hell yeah! I loved this weird-ass movie when I was a kid (+ a Winnebago toy on the playfield).

#80 8 years ago

Beetlejuice....

Beetlejuice....

Beetlejuice....

#81 8 years ago

"Ready Player One"
    http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/
    http://www.slashfilm.com/ready-player-one-ben-mendelsohn/

Dec 15, 2017

It's a pretty good story and is kinda unknown at this time. I met the author at Comic Con a few years back. He had a Joust arcade machine at his booth. Seemed like a good dude and the story could have some cool rules/toys in a pin. We will see.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

"Ready Player One"
    Dec 15, 2017
    It's a pretty good story and is kinda unknown at this time. I met the author at Comic Con a few years back. He had a Joust arcade machine at his booth. Seemed like a good dude and the story could have some cool rules/toys in a pin. We will see.

Ernest Cline, the bestselling author of Ready Player One, gave away a Delorean auto to the first person who could solve the easter egg in his novel.

People who played the Atari 2600, Pong, Dungeons & Dragons and all that early stuff should read Ready Player One right now.

Cline's second novel, Armada, was good, but nowhere near as good as RP1.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

"Ready Player One"
    Dec 15, 2017

Really really enjoyed this book. All the nostalgia was borderline overwhelming. Very pleased to hear that Ben Mendelsohn might be involved in the film (he was awesome in Bloodline, btw.)

#84 8 years ago

I'm surprised there hasn't already been a Harry Potter pin. I'm not really a fan but it's a popular theme that seems to fit in with other popular themes. Not sure it is worth discussing what JJP next, next game will be at the rate they are going.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm surprised there hasn't already been a Harry Potter pin

Been covered before. The author doesn't want it.

LTG : )™

#86 8 years ago

The Munsters

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I'm afraid a lot of pinheads would break about 4 commandments all over you. Definitely not PG-13 responses.

#88 8 years ago

I love it. As ball drains Herman yells "darn darn darn"

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I think they should stear clear of licences for new release films. The Hobbit films are long done and dusted and the pin still isn't out.
    If they must do a licensed game then do something more classic like Bladerunner or Forbidden Planet.

While the pin is based on the movies and regardless of how you feel about them, the Hobbit itself is an all time classic story.

#90 8 years ago

Hopefully there is one. Feels to me that Pats game has to go butter smooth (no year+ of delay, no preorder, etc) or they don't make it into a 4th game.

#91 8 years ago

This would set the pinball world on fire.

matrix_(resized).pngmatrix_(resized).png

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Hopefully there is one. Feels to me that Pats game has to go butter smooth (no year+ of delay, no preorder, etc) or they don't make it into a 4th game.

I hope the Hobbit delay was partly due to allocating resources to secretly ready the Pat Lawlor machine for production. It would be awesome if Hobbit ships in 2-3 weeks...and PL is revealed in March/April.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

This would set the pinball world on fire.
    matrix_(resized).png

Jack said he won't do something that has been don't before.

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think for a second JJP would do Rick & Morty. It's too adult...and cool. Anyway, Rick & Morty is awesome and very popular - I could see Stern doing it. Not sure what the world-wide recognition factor is - but they were in the opening of The Simpsons last year:
    » YouTube video

Those would sell zero.

I'd be all over a Ricky & Morty pin. If they made that or re-made Back to the Future, it would be a must own. Not many themes come to mind at the moment where it would be something I'd have to own. Space and price rises are now seeing careful pinball purchases.

#95 8 years ago

Other. A couple of machines I'd like to see:

1: High Speed III: (Insert Name Here), and

2: TOP GUN

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Jack also said he would be building unlicensed pins

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Been done where?

That was a re-theme of JM...only a few made...without license permissions.

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'd be all over a Ricky & Morty pin. If they made that or re-made Back to the Future, it would be a must own. Not many themes come to mind at the moment where it would be something I'd have to own. Space and price rises are now seeing careful pinball purchases.

Moonmen Multi-ball: 2 minute max multi-ball with a psychedelic display of colors, take down the moonmen. You've killed the hitman and you need to take on the task yourself.

Roy Mini-game

Anatomy Park

Snuffles is out of Control Multiball

Mega tree Seed Multiplier

MeeSeeks Add A Ball Multiball

Mr. Poopy Butthole character take down

4 weeks later
    #99 8 years ago

I would be happy with just one...

211360-31565-speed-racer_(resized).JPG211360-31565-speed-racer_(resized).JPG

#100 8 years ago

If jjp comes out with a rick and morty pin i will sell every machine i have to get it. EVERY MACHINE.

There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-licensed-theme-from-jjp-will-be/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.