Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 226 votes
      54%

(416 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg
    There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.
    #501 7 years ago

Could be a music pin but might be risky depending on the band of course.

#502 7 years ago

a theme that would please me would be
    Alice in Wonderland.
    rabbits : no time
    Queen we cut off their heads
    Chancellor
    the humpti dumpti
    Caterpillar
    The cat. .....

#503 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricPinball:

a theme that would please me would be
    Alice in Wonderland.

That's a classic for sure!

alice1_(resized).jpgalice1_(resized).jpg

#504 7 years ago

Abra cacadabra, wave my wand, JKR, call Jack G right now and do this!

#505 7 years ago

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Toy Story

#506 7 years ago
    Quoted from swampshroom:

I know it's not everyone's flavor, but a Rush pinball machine would have my money. LE Canadian red edition all the way.

"rush" would be a super ironic title for JJP

I don't see them doing band themes- seems Stern has done those to death....

I don't think JJP can afford to pigeon-hole themselves with themes that have narrow appeal- this works for Stern, but they crank out 72 titles per year.

I think its Big Themes for JJP. Big.

#507 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

"rush" would be a super ironic title for JJP
    I don't see them doing band themes- seems Stern has done those to death....
    I don't think JJP can afford to pigeon-hole themselves with themes that have narrow appeal- this works for Stern, but they crank out 72 titles per year.
    I think its Big Themes for JJP. Big.

I agree. I'm done with band themes. I want Stern, JJP, Spookey to come out with original new themes. Kinda like Pat's new idea.

#509 7 years ago

If it's Game of Thrones, I'm buying one immediately.

#510 7 years ago

JJP announces for 2017: PINSIDE, The Pinball Machine!

All of the drama, all of the sniping, all of the wild guesswork, now in pinball form!
    Finish all seven battle modes like "Why your speculation is hurting the price of my AFM investment" and "Is someone I have blocked talking trash about me?" and "Reasons Williams Game Aren't As Good As You Think" hurryup scoring and the EPIC "Multi Thread Snipe War MULTIBALL"!!!
    Play through to the wizard mode "Someone actually finds a Rockola World Series and writes an informative post about restoring it"

#511 7 years ago

If JJP is going to stick to family friendly themes then it is about time somebody made a Hanna-Barbera themed pin. Such a wealth of material available.

#512 7 years ago

I would like to see a Conan fantasy pin or a Might and Magic pin, anything Fantasy as long it isnt anothe damn Marvel superhero, tv-show or comicbook pin.

#513 7 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

JJP announces for 2017: PINSIDE, The Pinball Machine!
    All of the drama, all of the sniping, all of the wild guesswork, now in pinball form!
    Finish all seven battle modes like "Why your speculation is hurting the price of my AFM investment" and "Is someone I have blocked talking trash about me?" and "Reasons Williams Game Aren't As Good As You Think" hurryup scoring and the EPIC "Multi Thread Snipe War MULTIBALL"!!!
    Play through to the wizard mode "Someone actually finds a Rockola World Series and writes an informative post about restoring it"

Classic rgp vs. todays pinside. There is a lot of mode possibilities. Frankfurter vs Tommy

#514 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are several here, well probably 4-5 users, that seem to love (for whatever reason) to make jabs / snide comments against JJP on a regular basis. These comments are not just constructive criticism for a game but rather just to egg people on and get a rise out of them. Even when those users make a supportive comment 8/10 there is an underlying jab with it. I don't understand it at all, it's rude and it's been a problem in JJP related threads on Pinside for years now. I don't see nearly the same number of people going into Stern threads just to cause trouble the way it happens in JJP threads.
    None of those individuals would dare say one of their rude comments to a JJP employee at a show, they save those for sitting behind their keyboard.

You don't understand? Maybe it's because Jack and his employees say equally rude comments here.
    You don't see stern employees coming to message boards to antagonize their customers.
    And why must you derail this extremely constructive thread?

#515 7 years ago

How about a Beetlejuice pin?

Another one that could be crazy, would be a Nightmare Before Christmas theme, I can't imagine what the playfield could look like with that one!

#516 7 years ago

I would like to see JJP's take on Back to the Future. Probably would never happen though since its been done but that would be awesome if re-envisioned with the screen, modern sound and lighting... Could include an interactive delorean... A flux capacitor.. Maybe do something wild like make the flux capacitor a mini playfield with surrounded by slingshot walls so your ball would go crazy in there with some lighting effect like when it charged for a time jump in the movies.

#518 7 years ago

Led Zeppelin

#519 7 years ago

Fun house 2, Rudy's revenge

#520 7 years ago

Munsters

#521 7 years ago

maybe a good version of TH should be next.

#522 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

You don't understand? Maybe it's because Jack and his employees say equally rude comments here.
    You don't see stern employees coming to message boards to antagonize their customers.
    And why must you derail this extremely constructive thread?

You're one of the 4-5 he speaks about. Get lost. I generally only lurk and don't post much but its CLEAR you are one of those few who only live to start fights in JJP threads. All of the resources with the exception of LTG have deactivated their accounts because of people like you and Lowepg.

I have only ever seen Keith respond to people. Certainly not start and definitely not antagonizing ANYONE.

#523 7 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

maybe a good version of TH should be next.

Someone needs to homebrew a 70s-style Hobbit based off the Rankin/Bass animated version.

#524 7 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

Another one that could be crazy, would be a Nightmare Before Christmas theme, I can't imagine what the playfield could look like with that one!

I'd be happy if it was half as cool as this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nightmare-before-christmas

#525 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Someone needs to homebrew a 70s-style Hobbit based off the Rankin/Bass animated version.

The unfinished cartoon ?

#526 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

You're one of the 4-5 he speaks about. Get lost. I generally only lurk and don't post much but its CLEAR you are one of those few who only live to start fights in JJP threads. All of the resources with the exception of LTG have deactivated their accounts because of people like you and Lowepg.
    I have only ever seen Keith respond to people. Certainly not start and definitely not antagonizing ANYONE.

For someone who doesn't post a lot you sure are complaining and whining a lot in this thread.
    So stop detailing the thread and share with everyone your thoughts for the next licensed theme for JJP.

#527 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

For someone who doesn't post a lot you sure are complaining and whining a lot in this thread.
    So stop detailing the thread and share with everyone your thoughts for the next licensed theme for JJP.

Case in point. Heres to hoping the mods subforum eject you from JJP threads. You and Lowepg are as bad as Kaneda in that regard.

#528 7 years ago

Harry Potter, Harry Potter.....JJP please take my deposit now for a Potter please!

#529 7 years ago

I'm going out on a limb for the music/band theme, but since his royal Purpleness has passed, and the family has the rights to his estate now, how about a Purple Rain/ Prince and the Revolution pin? The theme would be cool, the music is there, and there would be many options for the playfield layout and toys....

27b9b860-fbfc-11e3-8553-23d8a340f920_purple-rain-soundtrack-album-cover_(resized).jpg27b9b860-fbfc-11e3-8553-23d8a340f920_purple-rain-soundtrack-album-cover_(resized).jpg

#530 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fluxy:

I'm going out on a limb for the music/band theme, but since his royal Purpleness has passed, and the family has the rights to his estate now, how about a Purple Rain/ Prince and the Revolution pin?

Those 25 "relatives" will be battling each other for the next 25 years.

He's got a bunch of 1/2 siblings, a sister, and now a brother has emerged from the woodwork.

The only people who are for sure going to get paid are the lawyers and his Uncle Sam.

#531 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

He's got a bunch of 1/2 siblings, a sister, and now a brother has emerged from the woodwork.
    The only people who are for sure going to get paid are the lawyers and his Uncle Sam.

So...25 modes, similar to the hobbit! An adventure in litigation! The main attorneys popping up like the trolls they are

#532 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

Case in point. Heres to hoping the mods subforum eject you from JJP threads. You and Lowepg are as bad as Kaneda in that regard.

Dude, you've posted in this thread 5 or 6 times and NONE have been on-topic- ALL have bitching and whining about other people.... careful what you wish for, YOU might be the one ejected for 100% off-topic posting here.

Sure I ve criticized JJP in other threads, but THIS thread has been mostly positive conversation from everyone.Im assuming you've missed posts Ive made in this thread like this:

Quoted from lowepg:

Unless things change, one thing I like about JJP is they've done BIG licenses. I don't love WoZ personally, but no question its a big-time theme; TH is also a huge theme.
    So, Im excited to see what JJP does next... even if its not HP....

You seem to have some unnatural attraction to me, and Id normally 'use the ignore button'....However you seem to be far more interested in ME then joining in the conversation here- which is about JJP's next themes.

Feel free to take it offline (so I can ignore it) and bring this thread back on-topic.

#533 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Dude, you've posted in this thread 5 or 6 times and NONE have been on-topic- ALL have bitching and whining about other people.... careful what you wish for, YOU might be the one ejected for 100% off-topic posting here.
    Sure I ve criticized JJP in other threads, but THIS thread has been mostly positive conversation from everyone.Im assuming you've missed posts Ive made in this thread like this:

You seem to have some unnatural attraction to me, and Id normally 'use the ignore button'....However you seem to be far more interested in ME then joining in the conversation here- which is about JJP's next themes.
    Feel free to take it offline (so I can ignore it) and bring this thread back on-topic.

Not a Dude and thanks.

JJP's next licensed theme.. I would love to be Jaws or HP.

#534 7 years ago

How about a Dresden Dolls pin?

Quirky video that is a scene by scene recreation of David Lee Roth's "California Girls" :

#535 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The estate will get much simpler by Minnesota laws if it is found that the guy in jail that says he is Prince's son is legit.

#536 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fluxy:

how about a Purple Rain/ Prince and the Revolution pin?

Ummm, that pretty much throws "family friendly" out the window. That theme would be a real cool machine to play though ... if designed and coded correct. It could be a pretty funny machine to play too. Some "Lets Go Crazy" and "Delirious" modes, a "Purple Rain" mode to save the ball similar to TNPLH mode on WOZ, targets including a little red corvette, a dove that cries ...

I think JJP will stick to the big following themes ... like others have said and licenses rumored to have ... Harry Potter and/or Toy Story.

#537 7 years ago

I just want Muppets. I think it would be perfect for them - or will we end up with people complaining that it's not adult and manly enough for them to be seen playing?

Edit: and I want a Kermit riding a bicycle toy right next to a ramp, pedalling every time I hit it.

#538 7 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I just want Muppets. I think it would be perfect for them - or will we end up with people complaining that it's not adult and manly enough for them to be seen playing?
    Edit: and I want a Kermit riding a bicycle toy right next to a ramp, pedalling every time I hit it.

The TV show just got cancelled.

#539 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

And the last movie didn't do too much traffic.
    But this all has to do with current vs old school. People keep mentioning Munsters which has failed multiple times to re-establish itself...but I think most owners would only care that it's modeled after the original.

#540 7 years ago

Next licensed game will be out spring/summer 2019

#541 7 years ago
    Quoted from srk15:

Next licensed game will be out spring/summer 2019

Hi Kaneda. Account created the day his podcast thread got locked.

Stern, Ghostbusters, JJP threads and coincidentally his podcast thread.

Check threads:

Next licensed theme from JJP will be... By tjpietro (4 months ago)
    1004 / 5712 hours4 hoursStern Delays..... By foureyedcharlie (8 days ago)
    1 / 541 day2 daysWhich Stern pinballs have the best theme integration? By pninja005 (3 days ago)
    1 / 557 days11 daysHelp me decide on next 2 games - so many choices now By marksf123 (26 days ago)
    1 / 12616 days19 daysStar Wars LE ... How many should they make? By Beez (21 days ago)
    1 / 1020 days20 daysDid Ghostbusters Get FIXED By 3pinballs (20 days ago)
    01 / 246724 days25 daysThread For Fans of Kaneda's Pinball Podcast - Live from the Basement! … By Rascal_H (2 months ago)
    1 / 2027 days27 daysBest way to prevent spills on/in machines By bstyles (28 days ago)
    1 / 9824 days28 daysWhat game has lasted the longest in your collection & why? By thedefog (29 days ago)
    1 / 126 days29 daysWhat's next??? Stern, JJ? By Ibanezshreader (1 month ago)

#542 7 years ago

Would love to see a HP or Jaws, great ideas.

Not sure they could meet the masses, but:

Mad Max
    Creepshow
    Halloween
    Blade Runner
    The Thing
    Gremlins
    Tombstone

Ok, maybe I'm just throwing out super cool movies and not being practical lol.

#543 7 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

Ok, maybe I'm just throwing out super cool movies and not being practical lol.

Don't worry, that's all Pinside speculation threads are. Well, technically I think you have mention some cock rockish hair metal band, so you might want to edit your post

#544 7 years ago

Creepshow would be amazing.

#545 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't worry, that's all Pinside speculation threads are. Well, technically I think you have mention some cock rockish hair metal band, so you might want to edit your post

Which one? Ha, I need to look them up!

#546 7 years ago

I like the Gremlins idea. Also Muppets could work as long as classic muppets and not post Jim Henson muppets. Actually going down the Jim Henson road there are lots of cool possibilities... Fraggle Rock pin?

#547 7 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

Which one? Ha, I need to look them up!

Oh Iron Maiden is the standard around here. They're the best band no one you know listens to...or "that one guy."
    They're really big in South America though. One guy said Bon Jovi once and got a huge amount of shit for it...but people have no issue saying Motley Crue would be a good idea; aboot the same.

Or you can go artsy and say Rush...hard to hate on a Rush guy these days

#548 7 years ago

Maybe the Ting Tings, Katie White is Hot.

#549 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

That's cuz it sucked. That doesn't mean the Muppets, suck though...their legacy is beyond some poorly conceived show. Muppets pinball can be about ANYTHING...it doesn't have to be tied to a specific movie or show.

#550 7 years ago

I'd love to see a Black Mirror pinball, with a pitch-black playfield over LCD screens that shine information and changeable decals through (a black glass playfield...I can dream, right?).

There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-licensed-theme-from-jjp-will-be/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.