Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 226 votes
      54%

(416 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg
    There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.
    #451 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Disaster theme

Please. Not Justin Bieber.

That's a disaster theme.

#452 7 years ago

Just got leaked investor report.

alf_(resized).jpgalf_(resized).jpg

#453 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder how 'Dialed In' could relate to disasters?

I think you misunderstood.

When JJP said the next pin would be "dialed-in", he just meant they were going finally ship it with the flippers set at the right power....

#454 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I think you misunderstood.
    When JJP said the next pin would be "dialed-in", he just meant they were going finally ship it with the flippers set at the right power....

You're quite the comedian. I see you spend a lot of time in JJP threads but it seems like the sole purpose is trying to cause trouble? What's your deal? Why do you have an axe to grind. It seems fairly obvious that you enjoy trolling JJP game owners. It's sad actually that you are so miserable that making others feel bad is a high point of your day.

#455 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Natural Disasters?
    So, its about the Kardashians?

Kardashians More like a runaway train that even Denzel Washington himself could not stop ;0

#456 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Natural Disasters?

So, its about the Kardashians?

They are very unnatural

#457 7 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

Honest I thought WOZ was a pretty strong theme - it's a family movie, a classic. I never understood the river of tears it caused.

I realize I'm probably in a large minority but I really like it as a theme and think it was a good first choice and friendly family one. Personally I'd be fine if JJP never makes a rock band theme. I like the gameplay of AC/DC a lot and Metallica is good but just not a huge fan of band themes overall. I realize though I'm again a minority view, which is fine. I sort of hope Lawlor's isn't a disaster theme once again, but if it's awesome I guess theme isn't as big a deal as I'm really looking forward to how Lawlor being on-board at JJP turns out.

I could see Harry Potter with another book due this summer and I'm assuming future movies with new characters and actors at some point will be released. Challenge with licensed themes is when there's tons of excitement pre-release of the movie and the movie tanks at the box office. Or getting the pin out so late after the movie the license has lost a lot of its window of enthusiasm.

At this exact moment, besides Star Wars, I can't really think of a licensed theme I'd really, really be excited about.

#458 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

You're quite the comedian. I see you spend a lot of time in JJP threads but it seems like the sole purpose is trying to cause trouble? What's your deal? Why do you have an axe to grind. It seems fairly obvious that you enjoy trolling JJP game owners. It's sad actually that you are so miserable that making others feel bad is a high point of your day.

Both lowepg and caption neo.

#459 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Both lowepg and caption neo.

I've noticed. But Neo seems generally unhappy. I see him complain constantly about the prices of games. Lol.

There is one other guy. Silverballz who also aims to start trouble in JJP threads for some unknown reason. I'm not in ghostbusters threads starting trouble. I just don't get people's motivation for making others unhappy. It's like the mark of a sociopath or something.

#460 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

I've noticed. But Neo seems generally unhappy. I see him complain constantly about the prices of games. Lol.
    There is one other guy. Silverballz who also aims to start trouble in JJP threads for some unknown reason. I'm not in ghostbusters threads starting trouble. I just don't get people's motivation for making others unhappy. It's like the mark of a sociopath or something.

Sociopath? lol. Don't quit your day job.

But, come on, sorry that you couldn't take a light-hearted comment.

And since you seem worried about how much time I spend in JJP threads, it was about 90 seconds today.... cheers!

#461 7 years ago

With the theme being in development for 5-6 years by the time it ships, if it doesn't give me a happy ending i'm not buying it.

#462 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Sociopath? lol. Don't quit your day job.
    But, come on, sorry that you couldn't take a light-hearted comment.
    And since you seem worried about how much time I spend in JJP threads, it was about 90 seconds today.... cheers!

Shall I copy up your other posts which weren't so "light-hearted?". Seriously you have a problem. You seem to get enjoyment out of making others feel bad.

So yeah the shoe fits

If you don't have something of value to say in these threads then exit them. Some of us want to enjoy our games without people like you trying to piss in our cheerios.

#463 7 years ago

the theme that would please me would be a new Addams family based on the TV series of the 60s .

#464 7 years ago

Honestly, the Munsters would be Awesome. Think about it, Munster Coach, Marilyn... Grandpa's Dungeon. The staircase and dragon Spot. That would be a cool game.

#465 7 years ago

Last year I asked if we will see a music themed game from JJP someday in the future. Jacks answer was "Yes we will". Keith once said, that my dream theme "The beatles" are "basically unlicensium". So what band/musicians are left there? Perhaps "Queen"? That could be a cool pinball theme. Or Led Zep, Pink Floyd? Who has enough fans that would buy a pinball game?
    After all the STERN music games I would like to see something that has music from more than one band. Something like "The Blues Brothers". But who can tell?

#466 7 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

Last year I asked if we will see a music themed game from JJP someday in the future. Jacks answer was "Yes we will". Keith once said, that my dream theme "The beatles" are "basically unlicensium". So what band/musicians are left there? Perhaps "Queen"? That could be a cool pinball theme. Or Led Zep, Pink Floyd? Who has enough fans that would buy a pinball game?
    After all the STERN music games I would like to see something that has music from more than one band. Something like "The Blues Brothers". But who can tell?

If JJP wants to target a wide audience with broad appeal, like their other titles, I would recommend Michael Jackson. With JJP's tech and Keith on rules it could be a really cool and fun game. Who knows though how well it would be received though, I like his music but there were a lot of things that were screwed up about the guy.

U2 is another possible pin I could see JJP doing that with have broad appeal.

#467 7 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

Keith once said, that my dream theme "The beatles"

Actually, John Trudeau said it was his dream theme.

#468 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Let us see this through!!

#469 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sry if my bad english let this come out the wrong way. Beatles are MY dream theme, not Keiths. And I asked about if JJP could get the Beatles theme and Keith responded that it is "basically unlicensium".

#470 7 years ago

"U2 is another possible pin I could see JJP doing that with have broad appeal."

Much as I'm not so into bands as themes for pins, that would be the one band pin I would buy.

#471 7 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

I thought i remember reading Jack saying he would never make a music pin. But when I went looking for the quote I got:

-------------------
    Your future games won't focus on just one kind of theme, right?

"Like every super hero or old rock band – I will not make a Jimi Hendrix or another Jurassic Park or Ghost Busters or anything that has been done before. We want to do new innovative things in pinball."
    ---------------------
    From: http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/jjpinterview/index.html

Don't think GB was even rumored back then, the article doesn't have a date. So I guess Jimi Hendrix, and Jurassic Park are being made by Stern?

#472 7 years ago

I can't lie a Jimmy Hendrix pin would be awesome. I think Jack could knock a Pink Floyd pin out of the park. Great lights and clips maybe from the movie. My WOZ is the most amazing light show pin I own. Can only imagine what they could do with the lights, music, and LCD.

#473 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder how 'Dialed In' could relate to disasters?

Maybe you play as an operator at a disaster emergency center during the apocalypse?

#474 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

If you don't have something of value to say in these threads then exit them. Some of us want to enjoy our games without people like you trying to piss in our cheerios.

You seem obsessed with my posts. Avail yourself of the ignore button... amazing reading a post can make you "feel bad"?

Anyways, this topic is the next JJP theme:

The more I think about a HP theme, the better and better it seems.

And, as big of a PL fan as I am, if they truly get that license, it almost seems like more sense to leap-frog Lawyer's game for a guaranteed smash hit like HP.... Assuming it not impossible due to how far his game is already.

#475 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

I'm so glad "ingored user comment" precedes these reactions, they are blissfully ignored.

#476 7 years ago
    Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm so glad "ingored user comment" precedes these reactions, they are blissfully ignored.

Yeah but I take exception to someone who obviously is trying to do harm to a company whether it be JJP or stern.

There's just no place in this hobby for people like that. So hell bent on causing harm but try to hide their nastiness under the guise of a smiling emoji.

#477 7 years ago
    Quoted from MisfitTech:

Honestly, the Munsters would be Awesome. Think about it, Munster Coach, Marilyn... Grandpa's Dungeon. The staircase and dragon Spot. That would be a cool game.

Didn't Pat want that license originally?

#478 7 years ago

If they do a future music title I really don't want it to work like the Stern ones where you pick a tune and suffer it - jukebox style. Contextual music is a really important part of games for me.

#479 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drenden:

There are several here, well probably 4-5 users, that seem to love (for whatever reason) to make jabs / snide comments against JJP on a regular basis. These comments are not just constructive criticism for a game but rather just to egg people on and get a rise out of them. Even when those users make a supportive comment 8/10 there is an underlying jab with it. I don't understand it at all, it's rude and it's been a problem in JJP related threads on Pinside for years now. I don't see nearly the same number of people going into Stern threads just to cause trouble the way it happens in JJP threads.

None of those individuals would dare say one of their rude comments to a JJP employee at a show, they save those for sitting behind their keyboard.

#480 7 years ago
    Quoted from MisfitTech:

I would be in for a Munsters theme. Would go well with Elvira.......but I'm guessing the audience would be too limited. There are fewer and fewer of us who remember Herman and Grandpa. But as cheesy as that show was, the possibilities for a pin configuration would be awesome.

#481 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There are several here, well probably 4-5 users, that seem to love (for whatever reason) to make jabs / snide comments against JJP on a regular basis. These comments are not just constructive criticism for a game but rather just to egg people on and get a rise out of them. Even when those users make a supportive comment 8/10 there is an underlying jab with it. I don't understand it at all, it's rude and it's been a problem in JJP related threads on Pinside for years now. I don't see nearly the same number of people going into Stern threads just to cause trouble the way it happens in JJP threads.
    None of those individuals would dare say one of their rude comments to a JJP employee at a show, they save those for sitting behind their keyboard.

Well said.

#482 7 years ago

I have to agree there are those that seem to want to beat JJP for whatever reason. Jack has brought us a very high quality machine and it's just an option. I like having all the options I can have. JJP has produced a game I like very much and one I don't care for. But I wish JJP well and look forward to their next offering.

#483 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

why...are JJP employees bad asses or something

#484 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

why...are JJP employees bad asses or something

LTG sure is a badass, I wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Fun stories of those who did have been told and were pretty funny.

#485 7 years ago

Munsters or Bigfoot !

#486 7 years ago

Pee Wee's Playhouse, with obligatory tissue dispenser...

#487 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pee Wee's Playhouse, with obligatory tissue dispenser...

Sticky floor mod.

#488 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would have to echo this comment. Yes you can ignore....I get it. Honestly, I would rather those individuals just contribute rather than derail. This is obviously a forum of people that like what JJP is doing. There is a HUGE difference between constructive criticism and downright mean spirited comments.

As for themes, I keeping hearing things like Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Floyd. Guys we have to find something that this next generation (Millennials) can relate to.

The best title would be Harry Potter. There is no question in my mind. Not sure if JJP can get it, but it by far would be the best title that I have seen suggested. It crosses the Millennials and X'rs for sure. Some Boomer parents were pulled into that vortex as well. It would transfer very nicely to a pinball machine. Obviously would be welcome in most homes. We really need to get kids more interested in pinball. Frankly I think kids should be free at all shows going forward. Pinball is facing the same issues that golf is facing. Age.

#489 7 years ago

Did someone say the Munsters ? Eddie Munster enjoying WOZ in our booth at some stupid comic book show I did a few years ago. He was also on our PinballSTAR of the Month segment on the Spooky Pinball podcast. It was funny because I didn't tell Charlie who our guest was and he crapped his pants I got Butch Patrick. Interesting listen for Munster fans. And yes the Munsters would be a great theme....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#490 7 years ago

I really like the direction jjp themes are so far. I'm hearing potc is #4. I actually hope it is. If not, I would love more of the family classics like toy story, muppets show(original series), or maybe even Harry Potter. Seems like these would all be good, and stick with jjps family oriented themes.
    Also, I can totally imagine an animal multi ball with him banging on the drums obnoxiously while you play the mode, and then the two old guys heckling you as you drain.. Lol.

#491 7 years ago

Love me some pirates!

IMG-20151028-WA004_(resized).jpgIMG-20151028-WA004_(resized).jpg

#492 7 years ago

POTC would be a terrible choice. People are sick of pirates and those lame movies, and there's already a fairly recent POTC game floating around. Seems like an awful idea.

#493 7 years ago

I'm sick of Elvira, doesn't seem to stop them making a possible third one! ugh

#494 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

POTC would be a terrible choice. People are sick of pirates and those lame movies, and there's already a fairly recent POTC game floating around. Seems like an awful idea.

I am pretty sick of Johnny Depp's weird characters. It seems that is all he can do anymore is weird.
    I actually liked Edward Scissorhands and the first Pirates movie, but after a while the weird characters get old and over done.

#495 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I believe another pirate movie comes out next year. I'm not saying it's my first choice for jjp #4, but it fits the style of family friendly themes. I personally was hoping toy story or muppets were next, however, I can see a potc game being pretty appealing. I liked sterns version, but would love to see jjp try it. Anyway, potc is just the rumor I've heard. My only question was that jjp said he wouldn't do a theme that's already been done, but the rumor is strong. Time will tell.

#496 7 years ago

The Munsters would rock.

Way better than Adams Family.

herman_(resized).jpgherman_(resized).jpg

#497 7 years ago

Sci Fi.

#498 7 years ago

Said 3 months ago "The Munsters"

#499 7 years ago

HARRY POTTER! Maybe a little bird told me.......

#500 7 years ago

I know it's not everyone's flavor, but a Rush pinball machine would have my money. LE Canadian red edition all the way.

20160207_214307_(resized).jpg20160207_214307_(resized).jpg

There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-licensed-theme-from-jjp-will-be/page/10?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.