Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 780 posts
  • 210 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next licensed theme from JJP will be...”

• Star Wars 77 votes
      19%
    • Harry Potter 93 votes
      22%
    • DC Comics 20 votes
      5%
    • Other 226 votes
      54%

(416 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boost_Mobile_(resized).png
    samsung-flip-phone-saves-mans-life_(resized).jpg
    3-efbf94bf-290a-40d9-96ce-d63bf455c839_(resized).JPG
    money_(resized).png
    frankenhooker_(resized).jpg
    FRANKENHOOKER-3_(resized).jpg
    thunder_man_(resized).jpg
    20120725-210949_(resized).jpg
    forb_zone_(resized).jpg
    635894853320624598-dolemite-movie-poster-1975-1020433952_(resized).jpg
    eead1edcb7d13b718b4dc0d52cf0e0cd501da848_(resized).jpg
    untitled1_(resized).png
    untitled_(resized).png
    images_(resized).jpg
    the-wiz_(resized).jpg
    aiw1_(resized).jpg
    There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
    #1 8 years ago
    #2 8 years ago

Stern already has Star Wars

#3 8 years ago

Hobbit. Boom!

#4 8 years ago

I don't see a Harry Potter pin ever with a billionaire who actively dislikes pinball having veto power over that one. Done by JJP it would be too good to be true.

Nintendo or Lego would be big themes. A classic arcade theme with licensed games from Namco or Atari would be another dream theme.

#5 8 years ago

JJP should do Rick and Morty: The Pinball Adventure

#6 8 years ago

Toy Story or Muppets?

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

JJP should do Rick and Morty: The Pinball Adventure

Oh Yeah! It's time to get schwifty!

#8 8 years ago

so this is what, for 2021? i kid i kid

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Toy Story or Muppets?

That would be my guess too

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Oh Yeah! It's time to get schwifty!

Rick and Morty would be perfect because its a fun license and adult swim would probably be really easy going with stuff they wouldn't allow and I can't imagine that would be much.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

A classic arcade theme with licensed games from Namco or Atari would be another dream theme.

Love this idea. As many of us are / have been console fans, this could really resonate with those into pinball. (goes back to the late 70's, 80's & 90's arcades how they sounded when you walked in - a symphony of both vids & pins alike) They could sample well known sounds of classic video games when the pop bumpers & slings are hit, etc. Lots of material to use!

#12 8 years ago

It seems Stern is set to do any superhero themes that they think are good for pinball. Also, Steve Ritchie is rumored to be working on Star Wars.

#13 8 years ago

JJP should focus on using their remaining funds to building the pins that they have already sold before they try to acquire a license for a pin that they will not be able to build.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Rick and Morty would be perfect because its a fun license and adult swim would probably be really easy going with stuff they wouldn't allow and I can't imagine that would be much.

The theme is weird enough to attract different types of people. You know Adult Swim would advertise it and possibly do a give away. I'm in for a Rick and Morty pin. I'll have enough money saved up by 2021.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

so this is what, for 2021? i kid i kid

#15 8 years ago

...here in five years or so, maybe.

#16 8 years ago

Leaked

Sound-of-Music_(resized).jpgSound-of-Music_(resized).jpg

#17 8 years ago

I'll take 4 of them!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Leaked

Sound-of-Music_(resized).jpg

Take my money.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Leaked

Sound-of-Music_(resized).jpg

DO-RE-MI not.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

The creators of the show are total geeks and would be all over a pinball machine. They'd have custom art, voices - hell they'd prob come up with great toys and mechs!

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The creators of the show are total geeks and would be all over a pinball machine. They'd have custom art, voices - hell they'd prob come up with great toys and mechs!

I'm playing the powerball tonight, so when I win i'll make it happen

#22 8 years ago

What's a Rick And Morty ?

#23 8 years ago

Other - Monty Python!

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Still no wiser. Is it only shown in the US ?

its a cartoon on late night tv. I think you can watch some of it on AdultSwim.com

#27 8 years ago

Gone With the Wind

#28 8 years ago

Let's just take a look what will be hot at that time....

sm_(resized).jpgsm_(resized).jpg

#29 8 years ago

New World Order the Pinball Adventure.

#30 8 years ago

There is definitely room in a market for a Star Wars pin from both manufacturers and Disney had star wars makeup this go-around, so I'm pretty sure you can get a license to put Star Wars on anything. I guess it depends on how cleverly written the Stern license agreement is in terms of exclusivity.

I'd love to see both make a Star Wars Pin. Doubt it will happen. I'd like to see Harry Potter. DC / Justice League seems likely but those franchises seem too dark for JJP so who knows.

Maybe Happy Feet?

#31 8 years ago

Your talking game 4 with people still waiting on game 2

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Still no wiser. Is it only shown in the US ?

It started as a riff on Doc & Marty from BTTF - it's an animated sitcom featuring alcoholic mad scientist Rick and his nerdy grandson Morty who go on crazy adventures throughout the galaxy and other dimensions.

#33 8 years ago

If they start now they could do Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett due out in 2020.

I might actually be in for this because Boba Fett is the coolest Star Wars character of all time!

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It started as a riff on Doc & Marty from BTTF - it's an animated sitcom featuring alcoholic mad scientist Rick and his nerdy grandson Morty who go on crazy adventures throughout the galaxy and other dimensions.

Ahh. So I presume the suggestion of it being made into a pin was a piss take ?

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Ahh. So I presume the suggestion of it being made into a pin was a piss take ?

No way - it would be a great pin! It would be Super funny and there is tons of toy/rules/design opportunity with all of the crazy creatures and gizmos from the show.

#36 8 years ago

I think they should stear clear of licences for new release films. The Hobbit films are long done and dusted and the pin still isn't out.
    If they must do a licensed game then do something more classic like Bladerunner or Forbidden Planet.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

all of the crazy creatures and gizmos from the show.

Then shouldn't they consider Inspector Gadget?

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No way - it would be a great pin! It would be Super funny and there is tons of toy/rules/design opportunity with all of the crazy creatures and gizmos from the show.

But how many people have heard of it ? They would be severely limiting their potential customer base with such a left field license.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from visi0n:

There is definitely room in a market for a Star Wars pin from both manufacturers and Disney had star wars makeup this go-around, so I'm pretty sure you can get a license to put Star Wars on anything. I guess it depends on how cleverly written the Stern license agreement is in terms of exclusivity.
    I'd love to see both make a Star Wars Pin. Doubt it will happen. I'd say Harry Potter is a good chance. DC / Justice League seems likely. I'd lean towards Harry Potter, the thing about billionaires is, they like money even if they don't care for Pinball

Stern and Disney have obviously worked together before. Why not again ?

#40 8 years ago

way down the road...

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

As the years go by, you'll notice a trend in licensing. Basically the license holders have been getting more and more restrictive regardless of past ventures.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Because Disney lets those pinball machines rot at their amusement parks.

#43 8 years ago

I'd like a Ground Hogs Day pin. Push start...

Then put your little hand in mine
    There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

Babe
    I got you babe
    I got you babe

OK campers rise and shine.
    And dont forget your booties because it cold out there today.
    It's cold out there every day, what is this Miami Beach?
    Not hardly, and you know you can expect hazardous travel
    later with that blizzard thing...

Rules could be similar to Iron Man. Lose a ball sorry sucker you gotta start all over! Bill Murray and ground hog drive truck off cliff animation...

Then put your little hand in mine
    There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

Babe
    I got you babe
    I got you babe

OK campers rise and shine.
    And dont forget your booties because it cold out there today.
    It's cold out there every day, what is this Miami Beach?
    Not hardly, and you know you can expect hazardous travel
    later with that blizzard thing...

#44 8 years ago

H.R. Pufnstuf has a wicked witch named Wilhelmina W. Witchiepoo on a Vroom Broom toy.

#45 8 years ago

Yup, Toy Story, Muppets, Pirates.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I didn't say stern wasn't going to make a Star Wars Pinball, you misunderstand. Data East: Star Wars, Sega: Star Wars Trilogy, those are basically Stern IP now, so I think there's really no chance that they don't make another Star Wars pin. It's just a matter of when?

(My vote is CES 2017) ; but that's off topic.

What I'm saying is: I wonder how exclusive that arrangement is between Disney and Stern. I could see Disney letting anybody make anything with a Star Wars emblem on it, honestly, even two different pinball manufacturers. And I'd honestly like to see both a JJP machine and a Stern machine. I think that would be really cool.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I think they should stear clear of licences for new release films. The Hobbit films are long done and dusted and the pin still isn't out.

I don't think for a second JJP would do Rick & Morty. It's too adult...and cool. Anyway, Rick & Morty is awesome and very popular - I could see Stern doing it. Not sure what the world-wide recognition factor is - but they were in the opening of The Simpsons last year:

Quoted from stoptap:

If they must do a licensed game then do something more classic like Bladerunner or Forbidden Planet.

Those would sell zero.

#48 8 years ago

If they are going to hook up with Disney, then this makes perfect sense.

v37102tkgps_(resized).jpgv37102tkgps_(resized).jpg

#49 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#50 8 years ago

Other and I'm excited

There are 780 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-licensed-theme-from-jjp-will-be and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.