(Topic ID: 158092)

Next KISS update The Cities Ideas for the code?

By Kramer

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mr2xbass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Been playing the latest Kiss update version 1.28 the last few days and while I do think it's an improvement and more fun to play. It got me thinking exactly what do they plan to do with the cities in the next update that is finally a year after the game was announced more than likely. It seems the problem with Kiss compared to say ACDC or Metallica is the amount of songs to choose from. Kiss only has 8 selectable songs to choose from and 15 cities to pick from. There are 11 songs on the game now they added Heavens on Fire but that song as well as Love Gun and Call me Dr. Love are both multiball songs and you can not choose them as a selectable song to play. How would the cities work? If it was supposed to be a world tour to play a song in each of the 15 cities you would have to play every song almost twice with the exception of one song. Which doesn't make any sense. It's almost like when they added the cities to the code they had no real idea what to do with them and the number they put in there(15) was just a random amount added. It would seem like for the world tour city idea they need to add a couple more songs or drop off some of the cities. I am sure we can all agree that the game is not going to end up with 15 kiss songs in it to choose from when you start. So it would make more sense to drop off some of the minor cities like Pittsburgh- Portland- Orlando-New Orleans( no offense to any of those cities) but a world tour seems more like New York- Detroit( because of there connection and song title to that city)- London- Tokyo Etc. To where they match up the amount of songs to choose from with the amount of cities to choose from. You complete all the songs and cities for a world tour. I am sure we can all agree Kiss needs at least two more selectable songs to play bringing the total to 10 it would be nice to get to 12 like ACDC has and Metallica does. And at this point I don't think we are exactly sure who is coding what on the game. Lonnie started it but did Lyman take over and is now reworking what Lonnie started? Since Lyman coded ACDC and Metallica and those turned out great.Or another option are they working together on finishing the code? Also does everyone think maybe in the next code will they finally add attract mode radio like ACDC and Metallica have so you can enjoy the songs whenever you want to play one. Sorry for the long post a lot of ideas and questions to try and put out there to see what everyone's ideas are on the subject. Looking forward to reading others ideas from around the possible world( which could be part of the cities tour)Thanks Dave

#2 7 years ago

I read the first few sentences of your post and had to take a break.

I think they need to cut down the amount of cities and add substance to the remaining cities. For instance, how about a unique multiball or mode for each city?

Maybe a super extreme multiball in Detroit when you hit the multiplier for DRC.

There are tons of directions to go in order to make the cities mean something, but I think there are simply too many cities to create unique modes or multiballs.

#3 7 years ago

I agree the post is to long it quickly became a short story :-)I guess I was trying to add to many ideas and questions to one post :-)I should have made it more like a cliff notes version. Anyways I agree with you they need more substance to fewer cities. Instead of having 15 random cities. We all can agree I would think New York( where kiss is from)and Detroit where they really got started big and there song named after it should be two of the cities. Then cut down from 15 in some order. Keeping more international cities makes more sense for a world tour and less United States cities.

#4 7 years ago

Maybe have the option like Star Trek where you can choose to play all the songs (all the modes) in the same city (same level) and get to Kobayashi or play one song in different cities (deeper levels) for a different award(s)...

#5 7 years ago

Maybe the cities were just kinda put in for fun? Choose your favorite city, or the city you live in, and just play.
It used to be like that in games like NBA jam, or Fastbreak. Pick your team, but it doesn't really do anything, you're just that team or whatever.
Probably an unpopular opinion or thought, but I really wouldn't care if that was all the city choice is= choose your favorite city.
They put up a HUGE update, and all I hear about is, city choice, city choice!

#6 7 years ago

More random thoughts... Choose from 5 selectable songs and complete 3 in any of three domestic cities, then advance to the world tour, which could be 5 different songs and complete 3 in 3 international cities.

Sub out the numbers as anyone sees fit... You could add a level if desired. 1st level...Domestic (New York, Chicago, LA). 2nd...Continental (Mexico City, Montreal, Rio). 3rd...World (London, Japan, Moscow).

#7 7 years ago

Disclaimer: I love the game. I am enjoying the update. I do feel like someone somewhere watches these and reports back legitimate ideas. That's my only reason for posting here. If Pinsiders can come up with a great way to use the cities and Stern didn't have a way yet or theirs is not as good, we may see the better way in a future update...

#8 7 years ago

I said in the last thread that you could add a skill shot tied into each city.

Choose Detroit, plunge and hit the right ramp for 2X scoring
Choose Japan, plunge and combo right orbit to center ramp to light Love Gun MB

Add in some city specific call outs during the ball in play and call it a day. Keep it simple while also integrating it into the game play.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

I said in the last thread that you could add a skill shot tied into each city.

That'd be cool, any skill shot really (besides the current pseudo-skill shot of a slow plunge to award the left or right loop switch).

I have a feeling they'll go similar to the GOT houses route where different houses affect Hand Of The King parameters, but maybe like different cities affect different modes making certain ones easier and/or others harder.

In any case, as per Stern's FB postings, they already have an idea of how it will be incorporated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-kiss-update-the-cities-ideas-for-the-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.