• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Beatles PB.jpg
good day sir (resized).jpg
YS.jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Franchi said it was a go and he did the back glass artwork for it.

Willy Wonka? Joe did the slot machine for it. Huge success. Doofus Dutch has screwed that one up.

Hoping and Praying for James Bond!!!

#2 6 years ago

Great art is a big thing for me. With Zombie Yeti, Dirty Donnie and now Franchi its a very cool time for pinball!!!

#4 6 years ago

Franchi, here is a tip for you, get a website that makes it easier to buy your great shit!!!!

#5 6 years ago

Listening to the interview, I'm an even bigger Franchi fan. BM66 looks phenomenal. Great passion my man!

Don't listen to the little whiny crybabies that are jealous haters

#6 6 years ago

Ok so no Willy Wonka, NOT a slot machine per Franchi

Must be Bond then.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Listening to the interview, I'm an even bigger Franchi fan. BM66 looks phenomenal. Great passion my man!

Yep, I just finished the interview as well. Phenomenal interview and he gave a ton of insights into how Stern approaches art packages. Franchi's passon came pouring out in that interview, id love to get a photo of what his personal BM66 ended up looking like and did he get the cool decals?

As for the other project Chris Franchi is working on, his hint was kind of a non-hint, it is IP that's out there that no one would think of but is huge (something like that). I have no idea what it could be.

That was probably my favorite pinball podcast interview to date, and there have been a lot of good ones recently.

#8 6 years ago

A trippy The Beatles Yellow Submarine would be cool

YS.jpgYS.jpg

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hoping and Praying for James Bond!!!

A good classic James Bond game done in the style of the Ghostbusters game (with that timeless artistic style) would be amazing, but I almost think it'd fare better as a main stream title, and not a boutique title. It has such a broad appeal.

#10 6 years ago

I've been calling for a new James Bond game for years, but rather it not be a Kapow title.

#11 6 years ago

live and let die!

#12 6 years ago

Is the Batman code finished?

#13 6 years ago

honestly, I am not sure why anyone would be excited for a kapow title currently.

They really did not start out with a "BANG" "Flash or "Pow!" and I think they have a steep hill to climb, esp if they are going to be the new superLE model.

#14 6 years ago

Back to the Future pleeeeeeeease.

...and Chris Franchi. What a talented, interesting, funny guy. Would definitely share a beer with him.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

honestly, I am not sure why anyone would be excited for a kapow title currently.

I agree and hope Stern does not partner up again. It is one thing for Stern to have a private investor like Ford and Mustang title (where Ford writes off expense as marketing or Pabst investment as well) but to have a partner means they have to share the profit margin. The pricing structure on Batman 66 was a complete joke and honestly it put Stern in a bad light. I will not pay outrageous prices for a pinball machine and Stern is already pushing the envelope without a partnership.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They really did not start out with a "BANG" "Flash or "Pow!" and I think they have a steep hill to climb, esp if they are going to be the new superLE model.

A little hard to blame Kapow for that though, isn't it? They just provided the license, didn't they? - Gomez did the playfield, the Stern guys wrote the software. If the game isn't that great, can you really blame the license/art ?

#17 6 years ago

I guessed it as Beatles/Yellow Submarine. Aren't Beatles notoriously hard to license?

Was a great interview. Did anyone pickup what might have been a slip that Stern arent doing the Star Wars art (no surprise on that though)?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A little hard to blame Kapow for that though, isn't it? They just provided the license, didn't they? - Gomez did the playfield, the Stern guys wrote the software. If the game isn't that great, can you really blame the license/art ?

not sure? I thought it was a whole team effort?

#19 6 years ago

Where is the interview available?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I guessed it as Beatles/Yellow Submarine. Aren't Beatles notoriously hard to license?
Was a great interview. Did anyone pickup what might have been a slip that Stern arent doing the Star Wars art (no surprise on that though)?

The restrictions on Star Wars art isn't very promising, I'm not expecting much.

The fact that Stern has Yeti, Donnie, and Franchi in the art stable is VERY promising for future stuff.

#21 6 years ago

As for the pricing issue, let's try and have at least one positive thread about what might be coming down the road from Kapow.

There are hundreds of other threads to drone on about how ridiculous the costs of pins are.

If you don't care about the boutique run from Kapow like i do and many others then just feel free not to comment.

I will stipulate to the fact that PRICING IS WAY TOO HIGH. See JJP pinball as well.

Now that is settled, let's F ing move on.

#22 6 years ago

Does anyone remember what potential future titles were on that kapow survey card at expo? I think Munsters was on one of them. That could be a fun theme.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He who cannot be named podcast

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does anyone remember what potential future titles were on that kapow survey card at expo? I think Munsters was on one of them. That could be a fun theme.

Yes! Munsters was on there and I recall that is one of the ones high up on my list.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-125-christopher-franchi

Quoted from docquest:

Three Stooges
Munsters
Monkees
Beatles Yellow Submarine
Beverly Hillbillies
Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Story
Willy Wonka

#26 6 years ago

Beatles Yellow Sub would be very cool with some trippy artwork!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Beatles Yellow Sub would be very cool with some trippy artwork!

I think the beatles is John Trudeaus personal dream theme. He would jump at a chance to do a beatles pin.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-125-christopher-franchi

Three Stooges
Munsters
Monkees
Beatles Yellow Submarine
Beverly Hillbillies
Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Story
Willy Wonka

These are all awesome, no question.

#29 6 years ago

I think a lifetime ban on Kaneda is a bit severe as most of us now listen to his podcasts and then pretend not to

#30 6 years ago

The last Kapow collab was a $15,000 incomplete retheme

Cant wait to see what they do next

#31 6 years ago

In the interview (at the very end) Chris Franchi said the new Stern theme he was contracted for was one that did not have a slot machine based on it (to his knowelege); that's a healthy hint for us to consider.

#32 6 years ago

I'm interested to see what they do next, sure, but I wish that the KaPow thing had just been a one-time deal. Joe Kaminkow's return to pinball was generally received with a groan outside of Stern Pinball, and I think there are good reasons for that. Maybe things can be different in future titles, but Batman '66 hasn't gone over well so far.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In the interview (at the very end) Chris Franchi said the new theme was one that did not have a slot machine based on it (to his knowelege); that's a healthy hint for us to consider.

That could be misdirection. Time will tell. My cash is on Flinstones. Gary strikes me as a competitive guy and that pin would go up against Jetsons. Another high profit WB title is Harry Potter and it blends classic pinball magic theme with a recognizable property. Also, no HP slot machine that I know of and a theme that would lend itself well to Chris's style. We know (from instgram) that it's not a theme JJP has in the line up.

I'd like to see a 2018 Robocop personally.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Gary strikes me as a competitive guy and that pin would go up against Jetsons

Gary is competitive; but he doesn't view Jetsons as real competition (not for Stern).

Gary does not feel like he has true competition and won't until another company can manufacture games at the pace and price points he can (and acquire themes people want in large numbers...which Jetsons is not a theme that would sell a large number games no matter who was making it, it's a small run).

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Also, no HP slot machine that I know of and a theme that would lend itself well to Chris's style.

Yep, I was thinking HP as well, though is it still as timely of a release as it would have been five years ago? I don't know (I don't follow that IP closely).

#36 6 years ago

Fantastic Beasts came out recently, so the "World of Harry Potter" is still seeing new entries.

#37 6 years ago

There was a more recent movie in the Harry Potter world which did not contain Harry Potter. Fantastic Beasts.

#38 6 years ago

Ka-Pow after the BM66 release showed a list of pins they were considering for the second release and asked for feedback. All old old old.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kapow-pinball-wants-you-to-vote-for-next-game

#39 6 years ago

I think BM66 looks great. My interest will just depend on how good the game is and what the price tag is. If the BM66 price increase was because of Kapow then I won't be a buyer. There are plenty of good regular release stern games that I don't have to pay extra for. If others like it enough for that type of cash, more power to them though. Rumor is the Elvira 3 is going to be the next release with SLE pricing so hopefully whatever Franchi is working on is a normal stern release.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, I was thinking HP as well, though is it still as timely of a release as it would have been five years ago? I don't know (I don't follow that IP closely).

With you on that one 100%.

#41 6 years ago

'The Musters' would be a guaranteed buy for me. Nothing else on that list interests me.

#42 6 years ago

willy wonka would be perfect. when people start complaining the code is incomplete, Stern can retort with
"you get nothing! you lose! good day sir!"
But I paid $15k for this pinball
"I SAID GOOD DAY!"

good day sir (resized).jpggood day sir (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago

It's great to have KAMINKOW back in pinball.

--> said no one, ever.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

--> said no one, ever.

It's great to have Kaminkow back in pinball .
I said it , regardless if it's too expensive or a theme "I'm" not interested in or whatever the case may be . It's a new pinball machine that I look foward to playing.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

--> said no one, ever.

Without Joe's involvement the art package and sound and video assests would not have been as good as they are. Joe is a huge Batman66 fan, he even has an original Barris Batmobile.

Joe made a ton of money for the license holders with the Batman66 slot machine so they give him a lot of leeway with license.

Franchi said they let Kaminkow put comissioner gordon and alfred in the stern game even though they werent officially part of the original license package.

#47 6 years ago

Someone has a license for the Beatles Yellow Submarine, the question is will the cost of the licensing reflect the pricing on the game?

Will we see a 15k turd or will it be worthy and priced accordingly.

10k by Christmas?....

Beatles PB.jpgBeatles PB.jpg

#48 6 years ago

I liseteden to the Franchi podcast while stuck in Memorial Day traffic. It was fantastic.

The face that a total Batman66 junkie did the artwork was so cool. In his free time....he draws Batman66. I LOVED that.

Hearing backstory like that makes you appreciate the game all the more.

Anyway...I thought Blazing Saddles was on that list at Expo as well. 3 Gene Wilder titles. Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, and Willy Wonka.

I think Willy Wonka would be huge and have staying power....but that really seems like a fit for JJP.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I liseteden to the Franchi podcast while stuck in Memorial Day traffic. It was fantastic.

Yep; I hope he is a recurring guest. He was a great guest for the show, very good personality and great insights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Covington, LA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-kaminkow-stern-boutique-pin/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.