Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jawsgary (resized).jpg
    jack_jaws (resized).png
    Harry Potter Pinball.pdf (PDF preview)
    BSG (resized).png
    sin-city (resized).jpg
    p29323_d_v8_aa (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    nightmare (resized).jpg
    hp6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3420 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 7 years ago

Jack once said that JJP will not do re-makes on themes. I'm hoping for Harry Potter 1st, Toy Story 2nd. I would find a way to buy both.

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

So all the "been done before" titles are out?

That's what Jack said ...

#127 7 years ago

Since the new Toy Story 4 movie release date is June 16, 2017 then I'm "guessing" that if JJP has that license it would be next to hit the timing right for that pin. Wild speculation on my part. I wish Harry Potter would be next though.
    https://d23.com/toy-story-4-announced-favorite-toys-returning-big-screen/

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Why would there be no chance?

Less than a year ago Jack said on video that he will not make a pin based on a theme that already has been done before. I think that was a video for a Hobbit release party. So based on that, Star Wars is out. JJP could do that theme good too though.

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Whats going on with the man love for Harry Potter? I'm a little concerned. Toy Story as well, I mean did I miss something here with these films? I have friends of all kinds and in their 30's, 40's and 50's, no one talks about Harry potter and Toy Story? Please explain.

Ok ... you asked ...

I'm one of those that occasionally buys pins for home use only. I don't live alone. My wife is as much of a pinball playing addict as me and she wants that theme. Based on the theme alone, my 25 year old daughter loves how JJP did WOZ and said with much excitement that SHE would buy a Harry Potter pin sight unseen - she is a Harry Potter addict and likes to play pinball too. I would rather have her save to move out and I would buy the pin for part of her eventual inheritance. My 22 year old son would prefer the "manly" themes, likes the Harry Potter movies, but would still roll his eyes at me when I buy it and dig in to compete against me. So with that, I already have a golden ticket approval from my family to buy one based on theme alone and my family would be happy. "Part" of me buying these pins is for some family fun. We share this interest ... a good thing.

Now for me (family aside) ... look at WOZ ... not a manly theme. But with the way JJP did it, that pin turned out to be one of the great ones that many people (not all) like to play for many reasons. Based on how JJP did WOZ and TH (still waiting for mine), I think they could hit a home run with Harry Potter and would buy it for my own interests as well.

Toy Story ... we'll see how that turns out if those rumors are true. If done well with the traditional JJP deep rule set, I would line up to buy it.

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Isn't it this type of speculation that led to dialed in dissapointed, fatigue and let down?
    + vote for Harry Potter...

Pinside is comprised 99% of speculators and critics.

I played Dialed In at Expo. It was good, I liked it. The layout reminded me immediately of TZ. The upper right flipper with a shot only it could achieve and the only way to lock balls (that I could see). I watched people play on 3 pins while in line ... never saw a multi-ball, so this one will likely be more difficult. If JJP does not put out a theme that appeals to me next, I would consider Dialed In next fall. My daughter is a Sim-City (and Sims) fanatic and has been since being in elementary school ... the main reason why she went into architecture (going for masters currently). She wants to play this pin as the true plot or story line of the pin is something like that theme. I think they should have geared the main theme more towards that in an unlicensed way. JMO

With the rumors of Harry Potter and Toy Story out there that have not been dismissed by JJP yet, people have high hopes for the next licensed pins. I have heard only "wants" for other themes. The Dialed In theme name was pretty much leaked through their patents on the phone technology used in the pin.

6 months later
    #171 6 years ago

Speculation from "people who know people" is a new POTC.

4 months later
    #194 6 years ago

Most of us said the same about DI. But I want that now too. I'll definitely give a JJP POTC the benefit of the doubt and I am guessing it will be great too. We'll see how the game play is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-jjp-theme-for-2017?tu=KingBW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.