Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jawsgary (resized).jpg
    jack_jaws (resized).png
    Harry Potter Pinball.pdf (PDF preview)
    BSG (resized).png
    sin-city (resized).jpg
    p29323_d_v8_aa (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    nightmare (resized).jpg
    hp6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3420 (resized).JPG
    There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 7 years ago

Just heard that the next two themes for JJP after the recent DI release have already been chosen, and for a long time too. Plus, one is expected in 2017. Time to predict.

#2 7 years ago

IMG_3420 (resized).JPGIMG_3420 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Word on the street is Toy Story.

Personally, I'm wishing with all the power I have (the ability to type into forums and chat rooms) that one of JJPs future themes is Harry Potter.

Please based JJP, see this. Harry Potter. Ramps that move and change sides like the staircases do. Disappearing ball. Pls, I need this.

#4 7 years ago

Rumors toy story, muppets, and pirates of Caribbean. I heard potc from a very accurate source, so who knows. All 3 would be cool and yes, a Harry Potter could be sweet to.

#5 7 years ago

Inside Out (neon glowing pinballs???)
    Toy Story
    Harry Potter

I'm sure they could do a nice POTC but I'm least excited for that theme.

#6 7 years ago

Honestly anything cinematic I can really get behind. I love that they did an original theme and I'd love to see original themes in the future too... but JJP does cinematic games SO well. The over-the-top quality, the huge screen, the intricate attention to detail. It really brings you into those movie theater experiences. That's why I'm really hoping for a Harry Potter someday. I bet they could make it seem pretty magical.

#7 7 years ago

I would love to see Harry Potter. That said, expectations would be so insanely high for that pin, I shudder to think about the pinside reaction after the reveal.

#8 7 years ago

I would be too busy staring at my preorder receipt to come to Pinside for at least a week

Edit: also just saw the Inside Out pin idea, that could be sweet. Could use clear tubes for the habitrails too!

#9 7 years ago

Harry Potter I will buy

#10 7 years ago

Meatballs
    revenge of the nerds
    the Rocketeer

#11 7 years ago

Potter please. Death Eater edition please.

#12 7 years ago

Toy Story is what I heard, and I am hoping that it is true. I would love a Toy Story Game! Harry Potter is one of 4-5 must buy themes for me, but from everything I have heard/read it will never happen.

#13 7 years ago

Jaws
    Willy wonka 1971
    Harry Potter

#14 7 years ago

Willy Wonka

#15 7 years ago

Harry Potter by JJP with an insanely deep Keith ruleset sounds amazing!

#16 7 years ago

There are rumors Rowling doesn't like pinball, but there's a Pinball machine in the Weasley house in one of the films! And maybe she could be convinced it's not luck-based, but skill based just like how pinball's prohibition ended! I'll stop posting about HP now so as to not make this a HP Pinball thread but man, there's so much potential in that theme. Agreed, must-buy for me and the wife. We made a preorder pact for the LE/CE if it's ever announced

Old school Willy Wonka is another I'd love.

#17 7 years ago

I've seen people post on pinside (folks that have a good track record with legit information) that Rowling has come around on Pinball and that a part of her problem previously was specific to Stern. I've heard both JJP and Heighway tossed around as far as an HP machine goes, though, so who knows? All I know is I want one and would buy it pretty much no matter what.

#18 7 years ago

Birdman of Alcatraz
    The Sound of Music
    The Dirty Dozen

#19 7 years ago

I wouldn't bet on anything until it's announced. A lot of things can happen. Getting the Hobbit license shelved two I heard of. Pat wanting to do an unlicensed game shelved another.

They could be gone for good. Or pop up as needed.

Exciting times for sure.

LTG : )

#20 7 years ago

Toy Story could be incredible - a family friendly theme that is simultaneously modern & nostalgic....kids and adults love it. It's amazing there hasn't been Pixar pin yet.

#21 7 years ago

I would buy a toy story 100%

Great family theme

#22 7 years ago

Well we know Stern isn't doing Willy Wonka based on 2017 list and its not their style.

Woz was a great earning slot machine with awesome assets, so is Willy Wonka, right down the JJP alley.

Plus its an absolute home run winner that JJP could overcharge people like me, unlike DI. It's a shame Pat didn't pick Willy to do.

#23 7 years ago

Id love to see a really good potc, great theme. Toystory would be a great family theme as mentioned.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Id love to see a really good potc, great theme. Toystory would be a great family theme as mentioned.

POTC would be weird since Stern did it quasi-recently. I'm sure a better game could be designed, but they can't copy the ship ...and how to do you out-toy that toy for this theme ?

#25 7 years ago

I'm in for Toy Story, no question. When I first heard it I thought what the.....? Then I thought why hasn't it been done before? The JJP platform is made for it. Can we get Pat on this?

#27 7 years ago

That goes without saying right at the top of the list, always!

#28 7 years ago

Willy Wonka would be great! Especially after the recent departure of Gene Wilder. What a great tribute that would be!

#29 7 years ago

I think JJP would kill it with a POTC....great theme that deserves quality toys and art. Mix Matt with JJP and you have a stunning game imho.

#30 7 years ago

To be announced when in 2017 ?

#31 7 years ago

My kids would dig a Cars or Planes pin...or a combo of both themes since it's pretty much the same world.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Can we get Pat on this?

Pat on Toy Story would be amazing, I'm not sure he wants to do licensed themes though.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Pat on Toy Story would be amazing, I'm not sure he wants to do licensed themes though.

I think he'd be open to it if it was a theme he liked. I think his issue with Stern wasn't so much themes, but themes he didn't want to do.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

revenge of the nerds

Well that would be my first JJP pin for sure, although it won't happen as that film is for adults and JJP games are for little kids and families, what a shame that a company capable of building such nice pinball machines wastes their time with bad themes, Toy Story, Harry potter come on.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Pat + a licensed theme is a home run. He's had his DI.

#36 7 years ago

Wow...really? I think they can do better....Unless of course there are a whole lot of children buying pinball machines....

#37 7 years ago

I would like to see JJP take a shot at a music theme. Beatles!

#39 7 years ago

I'd like Pat to start work on his next original theme... now that he's back in the saddle and warmed back up with DI, the next one could be through the roof.

2017... Hrrmm.. Toy story would be a likely buy for me but what I really want to see is a JPP scifi / space theme. Guardians of the Galaxy or Star Wars (yeah sterns rumored to have those)... But JJP could score grand slams with either...

2018... Pat original #2

#40 7 years ago

pirates please....

#41 7 years ago

I'd love to see JJP's attention to detail on a Harry Potter machine. Plus pulling from 7 different movies....that's a lot of mini wizard modes

#42 7 years ago

Mad Max

#44 7 years ago

I think you're getting ahead of yourselves with this thread. JJP still has a lot to prove by building and shipping dialed in in 2017. Just because jack said it would doesn't mean much.

#45 7 years ago

Yup I knew that comment wouldn't be far off - Hobbit then Dialed In then something else is next and it's not what the consensus pick here seems to be.

#46 7 years ago

I still want JJP to make a Scooby-Doo machine, then older Willy Wonka is my next wish list theme.

#47 7 years ago

If it's Toy Story and a wide body I am in.....I would have a great argument to my wife to buy this for my son.......

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Rumors toy story, muppets, and pirates of Caribbean. I heard potc from a very accurate source, so who knows. All 3 would be cool and yes, a Harry Potter could be sweet to.

I think Pirates of the Caribbean would be a very disappointing theme and Muppets would be a very odd choice.

Toy story on the other hand could be fun. Callouts like "To infinity and beyond" and "Another stunt like that, cowboy, you going to get us killed." That would be great. And the toys that come alive...A Mr Egg Head toy on the play field would take me right back to my childhood.

Nostalgia, check. Family friendly, check. Fun, check. Appeal to multiple age groups, check. It has real potential.

#49 7 years ago

Curious - why would POTC be disappointing?

#50 7 years ago

I for one am not hugely into a new POTC because it was already done fairly recently. Although I would still play it, and I think JJP would do it better.

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-jjp-theme-for-2017?hl=goldant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.