Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jawsgary (resized).jpg
    jack_jaws (resized).png
    Harry Potter Pinball.pdf (PDF preview)
    BSG (resized).png
    sin-city (resized).jpg
    p29323_d_v8_aa (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    nightmare (resized).jpg
    hp6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3420 (resized).JPG

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 6 years ago

Already looking forward to Lawlor Toy Story in 2018..... just hope it's a narrow body.

#202 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Already looking forward to Lawlor Toy Story in 2018..... just hope it's a narrow body.

They redesigned the new cab so id guess it will be all standard pins from here on out.... di plays so well and fast compared to woz and hobbit.

#203 6 years ago

It's actually JAWS

jack_jaws (resized).pngjack_jaws (resized).png

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I keep going back and forth on this. I think I agree with you... but then are we saying that based on the idea we like the feel of standard cabinets, or is there a perceived "it will flow better" feel?

I always think wide bodies feel a bit awkward with the hands (ha) but wide bodies don't have to also be flow killers. I worry that if Toy Story were to be a standard cab, it could potentially lose a toy or two that could've fit into a wide body... and if there was one game to have a bunch of Toys, it would be Toy Story.

I mean this game could have amazing stuff - a claw that you have to time to grab and lock a ball, a cannon (ACDC, TWD Prem, AP) that was designed like Buzz's arm with the laser dot for aim, a Mr. Potato talking head, Slinky dog that hangs down to block shots... the ideas are freggin endless.

With this a dream theme for many, I'd hate to see this not be an all-in effort, and I wonder if a wide body should be the way to go. We don't need another SW Pro "where are the toys" situation.

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I keep going back and forth on this. I think I agree with you... but then are we saying that based on the idea we like the feel of standard cabinets, or is there a perceived "it will flow better" feel?
    I always think wide bodies feel a bit awkward with the hands (ha) but wide bodies don't have to also be flow killers. I worry that if Toy Story were to be a standard cab, it could potentially lose a toy or two that could've fit into a wide body... and if there was one game to have a bunch of Toys, it would be Toy Story.
    I mean this game could have amazing stuff - a claw that you have to time to grab and lock a ball, a cannon (ACDC, TWD Prem, AP) that was designed like Buzz's arm with the laser dot for aim, a Mr. Potato talking head, Slinky dog that hangs down to block shots... the ideas are freggin endless.
    With this a dream theme for many, I'd hate to see this not be an all-in effort, and I wonder if a wide body should be the way to go. We don't need another SW Pro "where are the toys" situation.

Have u seem or played di? Its loaded with things/shots....

#206 6 years ago

I am with you on this one. I think I'd like to see a wide body for toy story, with the same "World Under the Glass" feeling as Woz really captured. Different areas of the playfield, mini playfield maybe, andys rooms as the main PF, with Pizza planet or Al's toy barn as mini PF's...

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Have u seem or played di? Its loaded with things/shots....

Oh, I totally get it, and it looks packed for a standard cab. But then take DI's Features/Area ratio and then apply that to a wide body. You could get some more things in there that wouldn't have been there before. As long as you don't kill flow, I wonder if a Toy Story pin should be a wide body, though I admit I like the feel of standards better.

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

But it has to shoot great and wide bodies just don't generally shoot as good.

Can still pack full of toys, lower playfield/upper playfield etc.

If JJP really nail Toy Story it will be their best seller by miles.

Even if it isn't dark/edgy etc, it has tons of humor and is just so well known.

Toy Story 4 not due until June 2019 but there are 3 other movies finished and ready to work from.

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Oh, I totally get it, and it looks packed for a standard cab. But then take DI's Features/Area ratio and then apply that to a wide body. You could get some more things in there that wouldn't have been there before. As long as you don't kill flow, I wonder if a Toy Story pin should be a wide body, though I admit I like the feel of standards better.

True but i much perfer how standard pins shoot.... ive owned most super pins and extra stuff is nice but not always needed . Id rather have flow and speed and give up a few toys. This is the reason di is more popular than people thought it wld be(due to theme).... it shoots /flows very well and has lots of neat features packed in there.

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Keeping it manufacturer appropriate, a Hobbit "Where are the toys?" situation is not wanted, either.

#211 6 years ago

Another recent rumour is that this pin will be widebody again. Hmm...

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

I don't really care either way, except that widebody pins fatigue my arms after manhandling them for a while when in a good game.

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

I hope not, Really like the standard.

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

It's actually JAWS

jawsgary (resized).jpgjawsgary (resized).jpg
    Gary has JAWS lined up, after all he auditioned for "Hooper"...

#215 6 years ago

A proper James Bond pin would be incredible!!!

#216 6 years ago

Daniel Craig is supposedly doing one more James Bond film. And that is likely it for him. Someone needs to get the Daniel Craig James Bond license and do a pin base on all his movies. I'd be in!

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Rudy's Revenge!!!

This would be a must CE edition for me!!!!

#218 6 years ago

Rambo First Blood pinball.

2 weeks later
    #219 6 years ago

Pirates it is! Just announced on Twitch!

#220 6 years ago

Looks awesome! I have the Stern POTC so I'm ahead of the curve .

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-jjp-theme-for-2017/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.