Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jawsgary (resized).jpg
    jack_jaws (resized).png
    Harry Potter Pinball.pdf (PDF preview)
    BSG (resized).png
    sin-city (resized).jpg
    p29323_d_v8_aa (resized).jpg
    image (resized).png
    nightmare (resized).jpg
    hp6 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3420 (resized).JPG
    There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Curious - why would POTC be disappointing?

I thought the movies were rubbish. But hey, just because I think it's a shit idea for a pin doesn't mean the POTC pinball machine won't be a big hit. They have made four movies, or is it five...I lost count and lost interest a while ago. But then again they keep making them, so people must still be paying to see the movies.

To be honest, I think they could make a pinball machine called The Toilet and people would buy it as long as it is fun to play. All this controversy about Dialed In. That thing is going to sell like hot cakes. It wouldn't matter if it was 15k, people (collectors) will still buy it, no name change necessary. Just my opinion.

#52 7 years ago

I'm in on Toy Story or Harry Potter. Those are two sweet licenses! JPP seems to build in a lot of quality in their pins so I believe both could be huge hits. Now that JPP is established, hopefully their manufacturing of machines and procurement of parts becomes more fluid.

#53 7 years ago

Yes! Make it happen Jack.. There are so many magical possibilities with the Harry Potter theme.
    But i agree it's too bad that Jack only focus on family friendly games.. Imagine how you could scare the shit out of people using a display that big on a horror themed pin.

hp6 (resized).jpghp6 (resized).jpg

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from WODKA:

Imagine how you could scare the shit out of people using a display that big on a horror themed pin.

Yes, Nightmare on Elm Street would be great. It's a classic which is JJP's style. How cool would it be to have the Freddy Glove lock the ball, Addams Family style.

#55 7 years ago

Back to the Future trilogy pinball by JJP? YES!

#56 7 years ago

I would think movie based for sure! Harry Potter would be cool!

#57 7 years ago

Rick and Morty

#58 7 years ago

This is a pin I'd love to see, but don't think we will until someone gets motivated enough to make their own fan pin.

#59 7 years ago

I am betting on Puff the Magic Dragon

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Yes, Nightmare on Elm Street would be great. It's a classic which is JJP's style. How cool would it be to have the Freddy Glove lock the ball, Addams Family style.

+1

nightmare (resized).jpgnightmare (resized).jpg

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from dotEXE:

This is a pin I'd love to see, but don't think we will until someone gets motivated enough to make their own fan pin.

If I had the time and resources, Id try.

#62 7 years ago

Harry Potter? Meh!
    Toy Story? Hmmm, whatever.

Evil Dead? Yes please!

But I'm painfully aware that this is not at all Jack's kind of theme.

#63 7 years ago

Just a curious point of observation with Stern having made several Marvel titles, POTC, strong rumors of both Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy all I believe to be Disney properties, wouldn't it then suddenly be a little odd for Disney to let Toy Story go to JJP?

#64 7 years ago

I'm would like to see

Beatles
    The Who
    Goonies
    James Bond covering all eras and bonds
    Potc - can't have enough pirates!

#65 7 years ago

Scooby Doo for me, will be the only theme that would convince my wife a $15kAuD pin is worth the money. Toy Story could be epic and a great way to bring new generation of younger layers to the hobby. I could see it killing it on location, just put a ticket redemption and charge $2 a game, no match feature or replay and operators would need less then 5000 games to break even, I could see it being doable in a large family arcade setting.

If dialled in sells as many units as the hobbit then it will be a winner for Jack. I can see him trying to build his entire company around Pat and keith much like Stern has done with Lyman +whichever guy he is working with.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just a curious point of observation with Stern having made several Marvel titles, POTC, strong rumors of both Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy all I believe to be Disney properties, wouldn't it then suddenly be a little odd for Disney to let Toy Story go to JJP?

Not really. They don't have an exclusivity clause with Stern, they just have licenses for specific titles. They're under no obligation to not let JJP do Toy Story. Really, they'd be at an advantage if Stern made them two machines and JJP made another at the same time.

#67 7 years ago

Jack once said that JJP will not do re-makes on themes. I'm hoping for Harry Potter 1st, Toy Story 2nd. I would find a way to buy both.

#68 7 years ago

I hope so. I told my wife about the Toy Story rumors. She would he very much on board!

#69 7 years ago

It is funny. If JJP announced Harry Potter and you had to pre-order like we did w/WoZ, I would be first in line. Even at the 9K price point. I think others would feel the same. With this said, theme does matter a lot to people.

Harry Potter and the corresponding possible implementations are nothing short amazing. A lot of threads have been out there to draw ideas from.

There has to be a way to get that license. Jack may not be great at certain things, but if one thing he is good at is selling an idea. Maybe he can get the Holy Grail of remaining themes. To be honest, I was surprised he got The Hobbit being such a young company. Time will tell.

#70 7 years ago

Less surprising when you pause to realize that Warner now owns the rights to WOZ and Warner also owns the Hobbit. They were very pleased with Jack's treatment of the former and were happy to allow him to do the latter.

#71 7 years ago

Don't they have the James Bond license?

#72 7 years ago

I'd be in for Toy Story, Harry Potter and a new & improved PotC.

Also think JJP would do a great job on Guardians if they would have gotten it.

No music themed for me.

Short of one of those, Ren & Stimpy - featured the interactive "log" toy - for the win.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from dotEXE:

I for one am not hugely into a new POTC because it was already done fairly recently.

A decade ago.

LTG : )

#74 7 years ago

Bond or Muppets.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A decade ago.

Hey you didn't pull in the second part where I said I would still play it and I think JJP would do it better!
    I'm just saying though, there's already a POTC theme, I'm pretty lukewarm on the theme as a whole (loved the first movie, thought second was alright, didn't care so much for the others), and while Stern's was 10 years ago I don't feel like 10 years is very long in pinball. A lot of the most popular machines are going on 25 years old.

But I'd still play JJP POTC

If we wanna get right down to it, JJP would be hard pressed to put out a machine I wasn't at least moderately interested in. I'm pretty well on the JJP bandwagon by now.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from dotEXE:

Hey you didn't pull in the second part where I said I would still play it and I think JJP would do it better!

I most sincerely apologize to you for my faux pas.

#77 7 years ago

Toy Story or Harry Potter would both be excellent themes.
    Mad Max definitely needs to be done, but doubt that'd ever happen. Too many huge franchises out there far more bankable, like Jurassic World and Star Wars.
    Heck, maybe they could take something like Superman and continue the classic 90s trend of making an awesome pinball machine out of a mediocre movie?

#78 7 years ago

also: manufacture Elwin's Archer pin...

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Wow...really? I think they can do better....Unless of course there are a whole lot of children buying pinball machines....

Wow I got -4 already and you got nothing, except for thumbs up.

#80 7 years ago

There are some cool themes being thrown around and JJP builds beautiful machines but at current prices I don't see me ever being able to afford a NIB from JJP.

#81 7 years ago

Toy story 4 has been pushed back to a 2019 release date. If JJP announces it in 2017, could have machines in production and out in the wild by the time the movie releases. Great marketing opportunity!

I don't own a JJP pin. I'm in for sure if they make this one.

#82 7 years ago

Don't really care. price is no concern anymore from these companies.

#83 7 years ago

I am guessing "Texted" and it is not a cell phone game.

#84 7 years ago

Still waiting on that Gone with the Wind machine.

#85 7 years ago

After the critical success of "Dialed-In"- I've heard some of the titles brainstormed were:

"Push the Start Button"
    "This Spot Reserved"
    "Pinball Machine"

#86 7 years ago

I think a "Magic: the Gathering" theme could be implemented well on a pinball machine with an opportunity for great art and rules.

#87 7 years ago

Max Headroom

..also ALF pinball

#88 7 years ago

Has there been any talk of any manufacturer doing a Minecraft themed pin? I've always thought there were endless possibilities there, and JJP would be a great company to do one.

#89 7 years ago

Huh. Minecraft IS one of the biggest IPs in gaming. I'm not sure how many fans of minecraft you could expect to buy a minecraft pin, but it would certainly work towards Jack's goal of bringing in new players.

#90 7 years ago

I can dig this one for sure. NightMare on Elm Street!!

#91 7 years ago

Iron maiden by JJP will be my next purchase

#92 7 years ago

I have a hunch Iron Maiden won't be JJP. Would be a cool pin to see now regardless of maker though.

#93 7 years ago

I think the new game theme should be "$15,000 by Christmas".

As the proud owner of a WOZ and Hobbit I wish JJP the best wishes for the future for their innovation and quality. Keep up the good work.

#94 7 years ago

Loose lips sink ships. It's amazing how people are so willing to just tell the world something they may or may not have been told in confidence.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Loose lips sink ships. It's amazing how people are so willing to just tell the world something they may or may not have been told in confidence.

You don't say....please point to the post(s) where this occurred.

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from dotEXE:

Honestly anything cinematic I can really get behind. I love that they did an original theme and I'd love to see original themes in the future too... but JJP does cinematic games SO well. The over-the-top quality, the huge screen, the intricate attention to detail. It really brings you into those movie theater experiences. That's why I'm really hoping for a Harry Potter someday. I bet they could make it seem pretty magical.

I have to agree with this. This is one reason that I love my Hobbit as much as I do. The movies themselves were certainly not up to par with the LOTR trilogy, but they still did a great job with the material and the theme is integrated extremely well. WOZ is not a theme that I like at all, and other than some annoying callouts (screeching) from the witch, I think they did a good job on that one too.

Toy Story would be a great theme and I'd love to see clips from the movies on the big LCD screen. Not a huge HP fan, but I think they'd do a great job with that one too (though it's unlikely to happen from what I hear).

Wonder who the designer is for JJP's next pin?

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

I think a "Magic: the Gathering" theme could be implemented well on a pinball machine with an opportunity for great art and rules.

You know how many instant new pinball fans their would be if MtG came out, or any title that implemented a good deck building strategy. It would be an amazing pin if you could pull it off. Maybe build and store your deck ahead of time online. Then login with your profile on the machine (similar to BoP 2.0) and select one of your decks.Your deck defines the available modes and sequence of events.

Heck, much like MtG, they could sell collectible "cards" to add to your deck and once you download the latest software, you have access to new features and rules.

#98 7 years ago

Dont think this will happen again, but Terminator would be an epic theme with the screen and JJP platform/gamesupport.

Could have sensational toys. A ramp could be a terminator arm, with a metalic ligament or finger as diverter. On multiball you see that truck in T2 breaking trough the bridge falling down.... With 'you could be mine' on the background shooting terminators on the playfield..

Dumdum dudududum!!! When starting up... for operators also fun stuff like when nobody is playing and someone is passing by, dogs start to bark, as if a terminator is nearby. All those epic oneliners and callouts, awesome if i think about the possibilities.

That could be my holy grale pin instantly if done well. Like i said, dont think it will happen, but he did tell us: i'll be back. So you never know, .

#99 7 years ago

Although it would not appeal to younger people, I think Pee Wees playhouse would make a good pin. There are so many obscure things in that show that would make for awesome toys to interact with in the game. Or is it still too soon since his scandal lol!

#100 7 years ago

Rudy's Revenge!!!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-jjp-theme-for-2017/page/2?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.