(Topic ID: 177313)

Next jjp designer!

By KingPinGames

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 Link to LinkedIn profile of new JJP Designer Eric M. Meunier Posted by KingPinGames (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

#1 7 years ago

http://www.spookypinball.com/http:/spookypinball.com/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-82/

Check out the latest spooky pinball podcast where the next jjp designer is announced.

Can't wait to see what you do little brother!

Time for some new blood in the industry.

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Can't wait to see what you do little brother!
    Time for some new blood in the industry.

Is it really your bro Eric? That would be just awesome!

#3 7 years ago

Yes, Eric (jjp electrical engineering and jjp designer) is my actual little brother. It is very exciting.

#4 7 years ago

Eric is a great guy. Couldn't be happier for him. Congrats!

#5 7 years ago

Congratulations! Really looking forward to seeing what is next on the JJP plate.
    Happy new year!

#6 7 years ago

Eric is a great guy, a fantastic pinball player in our local league, and a very loyal and proud JJP employee.

Congratulations, Eric!

#7 7 years ago

Fantastic news. Looking forward to 2017!

#8 7 years ago

When is this game supposed to be announced? Exciting to see another JJP game coming soon.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Yes, Eric (jjp electrical engineering and jjp designer) is my actual little brother. It is very exciting.

That is awesome. Also, good EE's know how to do things in a cost effective manner. I hope he hits it out of the park, but I do also hope that the prices can be brought down a bit.

#11 7 years ago

EEs rule!!! Not enough of them with their PE licenses and even more will be needed in the near and far future.
    On line accredited BSEE degree from university North Dakota. FYI.
    Great money as a EE w a PE license as you can work for yourself.
    Buy as many F'in Pinball machines you want and not bitch once about the price.
    EE's rule!!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from BenetBoy78:

EEs rule!!! Not enough of them with their PE licenses and even more will be needed in the near and far future.
    On line accredited BSEE degree from university North Dakota. FYI.
    Great money as a EE w a PE license as you can work for yourself.
    Buy as many F'in Pinball machines you want and not bitch once about the price.
    EE's rule!!

As an EE I bitch about price when I feel it is not justified. From my experience, EE's often tend to be frugal and go for things that are a good value for their money.

#13 7 years ago

Great interview. Eric seems like a really smart guy and he's being taught by Pat, can't wait to see what he comes up with.

#15 7 years ago

Great to hear about "new blood" making games for a large pinball company.

#16 7 years ago

Totally agree... Eric is a sharp kid (kid because I'm way older than him) and we can't wait to see what he comes up with. We love this business, and across the board in my humble opinion, younger guys need to be getting a chance.

Kick its ass Eric! We know you can.

#17 7 years ago

Eric is a great guy and very smart! Great move for JJP letting new blood design a game. Someone like Eric who has learned what new technology is capable of will create something amazing. I have spoken with Eric on a few occasions I walked away feeling smarter lol.

#18 7 years ago

I listened to the interview and Eric has me really excited! He is young, educated, super smart, passionate and hard working........Perfect combination for a killer designer. The kid was born and raised to become a great! New blood is just what this vampire pinball community has been waiting for! Happy he is with JJP!! You got this one Eric, build the dream and we will make you into a Pinball god!

#19 7 years ago

This can only be great for the industry/our hobby.

Eric is a true gentleman who grew up in coin op and is scary smart too. Congratulations to JJP on recognizing the potential there and having the balls to act upon it.

#20 7 years ago

Great player, Great Engineer, Great guy...oh yeah, he has an awesome brother too!
    Really excited by the new blood and the best mentor you could ask for!
    Smart move on JJP's behalf!

#21 7 years ago

Awesome!!

#22 7 years ago

If you could talk to your brother about what themes he's considering, that'd be greaaaaaaaat. We promise not to tell where we heard it

#23 7 years ago

This should prove to be very exciting times for sure. Eric has a degree in Electrical Engineering, and an additional Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering plus he's been with JJP already for 4 years and 6 months according to his LinkedIn page.

On top of all that, based on a quick search for his name and what comes up, he's been to some pretty big events with JJP and supposedly getting a lot of info from working with Pat Lawlor.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericmmeunier

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

If you could talk to your brother about what themes he's considering, that'd be greaaaaaaaat. We promise not to tell where we heard it

My guess would be Toy Story.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

My guess would be Toy Story.

I have a feeling the game is further along than anyone knows.

#26 7 years ago

I keep hearing a lot about Toy Story as well, and there's supposedly another sequel (Toy Story 4) coming out here soon. It's interesting to me and I think JJP will knock it out of the park whatever it is, but if it is Toy Story, I almost see it being more of a Lawlor title since it's rumored his next JJP game will be licensed, and the toys in Toy Story remind me a lot of what he's used in games of the past like Road Show or even the brand new Dialed In. But I think Eric got some credits towards some of the engineering on Dialed In if I'm not mistaken, so maybe it will be a joint effort.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

if it is Toy Story, I almost see it being more of a Lawlor title since it's rumored his next JJP game will be licensed

Too soon for this to be Pat's game

#28 7 years ago

Eric is awesome and loves pinball. When I first heard this I became really excited.

Can't wait to see what he creates.

LTG : )

#29 7 years ago

Harry Potter, please!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Harry Potter, please!

Harry Potter would be a theme that could have a great chance at bringing in new players. In my mind its the Wizard of OZ of modern times.... HP would be requested by every family member, but me.... LOL, what a cosmic slap!!!

#31 7 years ago

All 3 of JJP's releases so far have been exciting to me in one way or another. Whatever they're up to is what I'm usually most eager to see out of anything else happening. Toy Story or Harry Potter would both be great with their special touch and attention to details.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

there's supposedly another sequel (Toy Story 4) coming out here soon.

The sequel was suppose to be released in June 2017, but Pixar put it on hold for other projects. The latest new release date is June 21, 2019. So ... hypothetically ... if JJP is intending to put out a Toy Story theme pin, would they hold off to be able to use video and audio from the newest film? If so ... please JJP, move up the unsubstantiated and undenied rumored Harry Potter theme.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

I keep hearing a lot about Toy Story as well, and there's supposedly another sequel (Toy Story 4) coming out here soon. It's interesting to me and I think JJP will knock it out of the park whatever it is, but if it is Toy Story, I almost see it being more of a Lawlor title since it's rumored his next JJP game will be licensed, and the toys in Toy Story remind me a lot of what he's used in games of the past like Road Show or even the brand new Dialed In. But I think Eric got some credits towards some of the engineering on Dialed In if I'm not mistaken, so maybe it will be a joint effort.

I hope they don't do talking heads if they do Toy Story. It works in Funhouse, but not as well in RS.

#34 7 years ago

Very exciting to hear there will be some new design blood in the pinball world. Congrats Eric!

#35 7 years ago

I agree with the sentiment that this is a great thing. New blood, new ideas. Congrats

#36 7 years ago

Congrats
    About time they give you some credit as a designer.

Pincades
    JT

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I hope they don't do talking heads if they do Toy Story. It works in Funhouse, but not as well in RS.

Rs>Fh

Now dont attack me too much because i know alot of people have a soft spot for fun house

#38 7 years ago

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the support for a new guy stepping up to the table. It's encouraging to see the positive comments regarding JJP and having someone new fill in the big shoes of the designer. It means a lot to the the people working here, and especially me, to have the support from the community. Can't wait to show everyone what I've created! There is a great team here at JJP, and we are all excited to bring another game full of innovative toys, shots, rules, and fun!

Cheers,

Eric

Also, thanks to KingPinGames for giving the support only a big brother can!

#39 7 years ago

In case your looking for an Idea how about Spy vs. Spy. hint hint.

I'm sure whatever you do will be great!

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hogbog:

Hey everyone!
    Thanks for the support for a new guy stepping up to the table. It's encouraging to see the positive comments regarding JJP and having someone new fill in the big shoes of the designer. It means a lot to the the people working here, and especially me, to have the support from the community. Can't wait to show everyone what I've created! There is a great team here at JJP, and we are all excited to bring another game full of innovative toys, shots, rules, and fun!
    Cheers,
    Eric
    Also, thanks to kingpingames for giving the support only a big brother can!

Congrats. Are you able to say when this one will be revealed? I am looking forward to hearing about it.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hogbog:

Hey everyone!
    Cheers,
    Eric

I think everyone is excited about what you will bring to the hobby! Congrats!!

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hogbog:

Hey everyone!
    Cheers,
    Eric

Excited to see what you come up with Eric! You have all the background skills, talent, and passion to make pinball great again!

#43 7 years ago

Awesome news, congrats Eric! I hope you are designing a Harry Potter pin

#44 7 years ago

Hi Eric,
    Congratulations. I hope you, or someone with your capabilities, develop an outdoor modification, or adder, so I can start putting pins under by backyard patio -outdoors. Space is limiting as you know and an outdoor mod (NEMA 3R rating, or whatever is required) would be a game changer for me. I could buy and have another 40 pins going....c'mon man...
    Best of luck!!!

2 weeks later
    #45 7 years ago

Happy Birthday Eric!

Today is Eric's 29th birthday!

Have a great day little brother.

8 months later
    #46 6 years ago

If you are at expo on thursday evening around 830pm cst come and see the reveal of Eric's game. it will also be streamed by the great guys at Buffalo Pinball

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

To say we're excited to be part of this would be an understatement. gusphan and I have the honor of streaming the reveal of Jersey Jack Pinball's latest game live from Pinball Expo 2017!
    Tune in to http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball at 8:30 p.m. Central on Thursday, Oct. 12 to see the first gameplay of JJP #4.

#47 6 years ago

Kevin and Nick will do a great job streaming! Hands down one of the best twitch channels!

3 months later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-jjp-designer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.