Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinJump
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which game or games would you like?”

• Jigsaw 3 votes
      9%
    • DEVO 3 votes
      9%
    • None. Not interested in either. 27 votes
      82%

(Multiple choice - 33 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

saw.jpg
    devo.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Here are two games that could be interesting for Heighway to make next:

1 - Saw - the movie.

Why? Well, I'm referencing the first one here. (the rest were very stupid and much too violent). It was a clever movie that had progression with tests the characters were given. It had great twists and turns and it had an amazing end that no one saw coming.

It also has an iconic character, Jigsaw. It's also an interesting theme that would lend itself to pinball. It has a story, you have to do things in a certain time, there are puzzles to solve, and ultimately get the key to unlock the shackles around your ankle, rather than having to saw your foot off! I'm not in to violence so it could be reworked to make it more mainstream and perhaps just win by escaping the abandoned warehouse.

Can't you just see Jigsaw peddling the bike when he's speaking to you. I think Saw is a game that has all the right elements for a pinball machine. The darker themed machines tend to be quite good.

2 - DEVO - the band.

Love to see their hats on top of pop bumpers! Very 80's conic songs like Whip It, Freedom of Choice, Girl U Want, Working in a Coal Mine. They also have a retro (now), electronic feel which would work well with generic background music. What should the machine be like? No idea and no idea what the story should be. The song Whip It reached number 7 in the charts in Australia, 14 in the USA and 51 in Britain. But please, don't have 4 targets with the letters D E V O. That's so 1974. I'm sure it could be more sophisticated than that.

Check out the potential play field toys.

devo.jpgdevo.jpg saw.jpgsaw.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

Next game talk...too soon?

#3 9 years ago

None: Never heard of Devo, and I hate the Saw movies. For a horror theme, how about "Dead Silence" instead. Awfully good excuse for a talking ventriloquist head on the playfield as a more macabre version of Funhouse's Rudy.

#4 9 years ago

Let Heighway deliver games #1 and #2 and we will talk about #3.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

+1

But for the record Devo and Saw are two themes I would pass on in a heartbeat.

#6 9 years ago

Put the devo hat on the saw guy and you may have a winner.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Put the devo hat on the saw guy and you may have a winner.

Or a saw guy on the devo hat.

#8 9 years ago

Those two themes make wrestlemania look like Game of Thrones...

#9 9 years ago

Heighway was a breath of fresh air when they did an original theme. It's a shame that people complain about lack of original themes, then spend thread after thread asking for licensed themes.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Those two themes look like wrestlemania and Game of Thrones

we should do something about that now shouldn't we?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Heighway was a breath of fresh air when they did an original theme. It's a shame that people complain about lack of original themes, then spend thread after thread asking for licensed themes.

Alien has way more appeal to me than Full Throttle.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

I think they've already got 5 planned so we're talking about game 6 now.

#13 9 years ago

If the theme was a horror genre, I'd much rather see House of 1000 Corpses. I liked the first Saw, but for some reason I don't feel anything for it as a pin.

While I hope everyone enjoys their Wrestlemania, that has got to be near the rock bottom of theme's for me.

Super excited for Alien, though.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Super excited for Alien, though.

Me too! It's a pity it's not the first pin they release but I can understand they have a commitment to their pre-order customers for Full Throttle. I'm sure they'll learn some things along the way that can transition in to Alien.

On another topic, since there's a LCD in both pins I'd love to see a throw back animation to 'Special when Lit' and a glowing red target. Would sit well with Full Throttle and be a nice bit of nostalgia.

#15 9 years ago

Ok then, what about QUEEN?

"We will rock you" when you start.

"Bicycle race" Great artwork I'm sure!

"We are the champions" when you win wizard mode.

"A day at the races" - day mode on the pinball.

"A night at the opera" - dark, mysterious.

"I want to break free" - when your ball is captured and you have to free it. You have to complete three "vacuum cleaners" to win and free the captured balls for multiball.

"Radio GaGa" - score points to tune the radio to the 'random' frequency.

"Hammer to fall" - hammer on the play fiield?

"One Vision" - video mode.

"It's a kind of magic" - don't know what you'd do here but great song.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" - nodding heads in a tribute to Wayne's World.

"Crazy little thing called love" - great song, not sure what mode that would be.

Maybe you complete all modes to get to the 'grand finale' at Wembley Stadium.

Some pretty silly ideas, some ok, but hey, I've only spent 2 minutes thinking about it. All of the songs are modes to complete.

Has to be better than a Kiss remake people are raving on about, and it's a fresh, new idea.

Now this is something an English manufacturer should be chasing.

Andrew?

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from voodle:

Me too! It's a pity it's not the first pin they release but I can understand they have a commitment to their pre-order customers for Full Throttle. I'm sure they'll learn some things along the way that can transition in to Alien.
    On another topic, since there's a LCD in both pins I'd love to see a throw back animation to 'Special when Lit' and a glowing red target. Would sit well with Full Throttle and be a nice bit of nostalgia.

Im kind of glad Alien is #2...gives them a chance to work out the bugs from #1...woz anyone?

#17 9 years ago

The Running man
    Blade Runner
    Creepshow

#18 9 years ago

What about a line of nostalgic golden oldies: Happy Days, Lavern & Shirley, Leave it to Beaver - maybe even a special one in just black and white. You might not be able to sell a Walking Dead pin to place in the posh Country Club's game room but I bet the old farts would find a black and white greyscale playfield of Leave It to Beaver with a white grand piano cabinet finish with silver trim novel and nostalgic. Old money Country Clubs would consider the cost akin to bird seed right? Ha.

Seriously though, with an affordable swap out playfield system - The private collector or home owner only has to invest big once with Heighway - to get the cabinet and pay the big shipping expense. I foresee someday collectors displaying all their extra playfield kits from Heighway mounted one after another in lighted display cases along the walls in their game rooms like art some day. People like to show off right? How cool would it be to walk down into your private game room lit only by the twinkling lights of your playfields your surrounded with. Sic.

Maybe Heighway can offer light box mounting kits with a low voltage power supply to plug into the playfield lights to let them twinkle and be displayed rather than shelved. Well that's it... I'm forwarding that suggestion to their forum. And what self respecting bar owner that buys into the Heighway system wouldn't use extra playfields like that to gussie up the joint?

And what if the demented rich art collectors start buying the playfields at $3000.00 each to hang as pop art with no interest in actual pinball?! HAHAH I keed I keed.

Think about it. Heighway is giving pinball fanatics an avenue to never tire of their machine. The only problem is perhaps with just owning the one machine - not so good for big parties with a lot of people - but perfect for the home collector that only needs to entertain the family. But the playfields are supposed to be swappable in what like 10 minutes or so?

After Heighway is more established perhaps they will be in a position to take on themes with more risk. If one theme is a dud, move on to the next playfield. How many different playfield themes can Heighway produce each year?

Where else can you buy one single pinball machine yet have the potential to spend an unlimited amount of cash on just that one machine? Heighway just may be on to something really big here, not just for the people that route but for the serious Pinhead Collectors.

6 months later
    #19 8 years ago

Resurrecting this thread since it's either that or make a new one, but the theme I would LOVE to see from Heighway post-Aliens is RED DWARF. Yes, it's somewhat niche, but it's also just the kind of sci-fi comedy that would work beautifully in a pin. It's also still relevant as they've announced 2 more seasons of the show are coming soon. Who else would love to see a pin featuring The Boys from the Dwarf??

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-game-wish-for-heighway-is and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.