(Topic ID: 131994)

Pinball Next game promo ads return?

By DutchTommy

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dutchtommy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Back in the day before internet even existed as we know today, former stern pinball (data east) had an next game promotion feature build into the software which after every played game the attraction mode cycled one full time with all sound and music and showed an advertisement with the associated next game sound bits.. After the cycle, u still see the ad and everything but then without sound, that is basically how most DE where coded at the time when it comes to that.

I believe Like a half dozen Data east games had an little dmd/sound ad about their next upcoming game, as we all know that feature is scrapped long time ago but i kinda liked it, as a kid i couldnt play always due to the simple lack of play money, so i watched a lot of dmd animations come by on location and i memorized the ads for the following next game into the game promotion.

Startrek 25th ann. Had the ad for the game Hook i believe
Hook have the ad for Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 3 have the advertisement for Tales from the Crypt
Tales from the Crypt had the ad for tommy
Did tommy had an ad guys? I dont think so
Starwars de had the ad for rocky and Bullwinkle im sure of that
does rocky and bullwinkle habr an ad in the attraction mode? Im not sure.
EDIT: Pinsider Suave84 confirms that R&B have an Ad.. and the ad is for the game Jurrassic Park
and Jurassic Park shows an ad towards the Game Last Action Hero (thx kineticross) the followup question is does Last Action Hero have an Ad? yes or no?
Royal Rumble have an ad for an unreleased game named deathball 2000 kinda interesting as i was always wondering what happened with that game? EDIT: Deathball 2000 was an inside joke at Data East and all what was made was an backglass! which i OP personally never saw on picture.(thx kineticross)
Guns And Roses shows a Ad (Thx Robin Pinfounder) but not Circus as he believed it to be but Carousel (thx kineticross) and that game seems to be an redemption game founded in the same year as G&R

i think that it was funny to watch those ads as the whole game kinda changed its mood on for example lethal weapon3 which was totally different and then all of a sudden u hear a creepy soundtrack from tales from the crypt with the cryptkeeper on display, i always liked that one.

question remains are there still more ads on pingames which are not in my list above, this is all i can think of from the top of my head!

And wouldnt it be cool if those little ad feature returns to pinball?
maybe a good idea throw in some next game hints in the software or something crazy.
i might be little bit walking off topic what im goin to say next but i do liked the Mortalkombat3 hints idea what Blly/Williams did in the 90's on theatre and no fear, like an easter eggs! or is it something not many would appreciate? or things like Midnight Madness

#5 8 years ago

RGP was covered quite well in data east games
the last stern game i can recall having a major shoutout towards RGP is in the Simpsons Pinball Party game
there is an Dmd animation where that comic book guy dude shows some books on the shelfs,and one of the books reads RGP.
the community loved that type of thing, i hope stern picks that idea up again and gives an shoutout to the best pinball community on the planet.. Pinside

they also threw PAPA and IFPA tournament ads i remember like, its more fun to compete

plus they have specific tournament settings builded into the software to make it easier for operators to prepare the game for tournament play

and offcourse dont forget the nongame related ads like

Dont Drink And Drive ad

Winners dont use Drugs ad is commenly known.. Stern Pinball Today doesnt really have ads incorporated on display do they, i found that a little weird, that is what misses a bit i feel. dont you guys?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dutchtommy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-game-promo-ads-from-de?tu=dutchtommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.