Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Psw757
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Next game to add to lineup”

• Guardians premium 37 votes
      62%
    • GNR 13 votes
      22%
    • Tommy 10 votes
      17%

(60 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Looking at adding another to the lineup and am hung up between Guardians Premium, Tommy and GNR. I have a bunch of games played on all but GNR. Thoughts on these?

Don’t suggest other machines, I’m certain it will be one of these 3.

#2 4 years ago

Should do a poll. I'd vote Guardians prem, although the pro will get you most of the way there also.

#3 4 years ago

I have GOTG premium and I think it's a lot of fun...I'm not sure why it's not more highly regarded. It's not much different than a pro, but the Groot arms really make the playfield pretty unique, and the artwork is superior, in my opinion.

#4 4 years ago

you should really try and play all 3 for yourself
    everyone has different likes

If you want my opinion (which isn't worth but 3 cents), I say go with the newest machine Guardians

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Thoughts on these?

Heres a thought, try all 3 and pick the one u enjoy the most. Just because I like a certain pin doesn't mean u will. Good Luck.

#6 4 years ago

Poll added

Would love to have all 3, lol. Running out of room for now.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Heres a thought, try all 3 and pick the one u enjoy the most. Just because I like a certain pin doesn't mean u will. Good Luck.

I hear ya, I’ve played all 3 and enjoy all three. I tend to not sell games so looking for one with the longest legs of longevity!

#8 4 years ago

Guardians is awesome but you dont need the premium, a pro will be just as fun for less cash. one of the worst prem/le for the differences in my opinion.

#9 4 years ago

I own GNR for the Last 12 years and we still play it a lot.
    Not too hard, Not too easy
    Nice layout, i find friends in their 40's and up who enjoyed the band, LOVE it when they come over.
    Looks great next to Iron Maiden Pro we just picked up.

Good Luck in your search

#10 4 years ago

I think GNR would fit in great with what you already have. Or GOTG would give you something different in contrast with your other pins. Do you want to build on what you have or expand your collection?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I think GNR would fit in great with what you already have. Or GOTG would give you something different in contrast with your other pins. Do you want to build on what you have or expand your collection?

That’s a good question.

The answer is a bit of both. Lol

#12 4 years ago

I own GNR and Tommy I have also played GOTG lots of times especially in tournaments. For me I'd go GNR even in my large collection lots of people gravitate towards my GNR casual and tournament players it's just a fun game. Tommy is also fun game with lots of cool toys. GOTG I would go pro instead of premium because the groot arms are point less but for some reason I have never been a big fan of GOTG but it's still a fun game cle land code is a must.

#13 4 years ago

looks like you really enjoy the music pins, go GNR

#14 4 years ago

For the price, GnR isn’t worth it.

#15 4 years ago

Here’s my thoughts....

Quoted from Psw757:

Don’t suggest other machines,

Oh, never mind

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

For the price, GnR isn’t worth it.

For the price, Guardians Premium isn’t worth it.

#17 4 years ago

I vote GNR over GOTG. I wanted to like GOTG, but I just don't. Not at all. LOVE GNR, but it ain't cheap. Tommy is probably better value.

#18 4 years ago

Played a near perfect GNR with pinsound board and colordmd the other day and it was really fun. Definitely a cool choice if you like their music

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I vote GNR over GOTG. I wanted to like GOTG, but I just don't. Not at all. LOVE GNR, but it ain't cheap. Tommy is probably better value.

Agreed.
    Tommy for the value.
    GNR for the game and money is no object.
    Guardians if you want to watch the movie while slapping a ball around chasing arrows.

#20 4 years ago

GNR is a machine that I have played and enjoyed but haven’t put a ton of time on it.

My main concern is that it would be my third wide body in a collection of 9 games at the moment.

I tend to like fast games.

#21 4 years ago

GnR (theme and music aside) is woefully boring. Stolen sound affects from Last Action Hero just ruined it for me. GOTG is a heck of a lot more fun. Flip of the coin, GOTG is not likely to become a GOAT and price will suffer immensely whereas GnR has proven to hold its value. It's only money, you go to work to make more of it every day. Investment be damned I'd definently go a bunch of different games before I went with a GnR.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

GNR is a machine that I have played and enjoyed but haven’t put a ton of time on it.
    My main concern is that it would be my third wide body in a collection of 9 games at the moment.

Yeh, but IJ doesn't count cuz it's just so awesome!

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Guardians if you want to watch the movie while slapping a ball around chasing arrows.

Exactly!!

#24 4 years ago

from LAH to TFTC to TOMMY to RR to GNR : similar base code (& modes), similar style of playing them, only theme (and price !!!) should be the point you wanna choise one over another

and than from a gameplay & deeper rules point of vue (but of course its logical because not the same era), GOTG (pro) should be the one to go for

and why not, if you're a music pin lover, than why not MET ? same layout as GOTG, code is more brutal, MB based, quite linear to always shoot the same things to start mini wizards (but i prefer this to GOTG, which is more "classical" with modes)

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

from LAH to TFTC to TOMMY to RR to GNR : similar base code (& modes), similar style of playing them, only theme (and price !!!) should be the point you wanna choise one over another
    and than from a gameplay & deeper rules point of vue (but of course its logical because not the same era), GOTG (pro) should be the one to go for
    and why not, if you're a music pin lover, than why not MET ? same layout as GOTG, code is more brutal, MB based, quite linear to always shoot the same things to start mini wizards (but i prefer this to GOTG, which is more "classical" with modes)

Previously owned Metallica and only lasted a couple months.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Even though GNR is a wide body it's surprisingly a fast game.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Previously owned Metallica and only lasted a couple months.

than GOTG may be a prob !? as layout is more than a MET copy... but it plays really different

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

than GOTG may be a prob !? as layout is more than a MET copy... but it plays really different

That is the concern with gotg. I have AS which I love and I think that hurt my impression of Met when I had it here in the lineup. Gotg is similar, fan layout with center bash toy and close scoop location.

When your playing these casually on location it isn’t as apparent but when you get them home, the similarities really show themselves.

Trying to avoid this!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-game-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.