By marksf123

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

All,

I am picking up a LUCI and thinking about also adding MET or ST (pro editions). Any suggestions on which is better for my game room. I don't want to spend the money for a Premium but could if I waited longer. Not sure where to play them around here to get a feel for them. I hear that these games are pretty good in the pro edition and maybe you don't get too much extra for the premium (anyone can chime in).

I have the following in my game room - AFM, MB, TRON.

I have deposit on the Predator and MMr but on the fence for both of those games. Predator I am in a wait and see mode due to performance and MMr mainly due to price.

For the LUCI, I already picked up the Helen translite, cards and apron decals (I can switch back and forth on the translite with helen), translucent red apron, laseriffic train topper, red powder coated lighting led bolts, hells bells wood block, drums and guitar, refinery cannon, lighted apron & TNT mod, Mcfarlane Angus Young figure (not sure if I will use).

thanks for the help

#2 10 years ago

Right this very second Metallica is the better game because is has better code with the new updates. Star Trek is being actively worked on and getting more love soon (no date as of yet). After that who knows? That's the risk with these in-development games.

BUT - I think Star Trek is a better Pro than Metallica, in terms of not missing out on features. The new code on Metallica really shines best with the Premium. In my opinion, other may disagree. But the Star Trek Pro being less decontented than Metallica Pro is pretty factual.

Honestly though, I wouldn't buy either without playing first. It's a mistake to take anyone's opinion for your own. If you at least had some time on the games and needed a little advice to supplement that would be different.

If you check your Helen package carefully the fine print says you're welcome to drive up here to play my Star Trek, but you can probably find a friendly Pinsider who's closer, I'm a couple hours away.

#3 10 years ago

My personal choice would be to drop Predator, and get the Premium StarTrek.
Metallica's a great game too, but I think once StarTrek gets improved code, it'll be better.
Amazing collection by the way! Add a Spider-Man to that collection and I might be tempted to move in.

#4 10 years ago

Don't forget to add a shaker in that LUCI.

#5 10 years ago

Had ST and it's already gone . Seeing a few get sold already .
MET is the one to add ; )

#6 10 years ago

Met baby !!!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Had ST and it's already gone . Seeing a few get sold already .

You know, you're starting to get annoying with this, I gotta call you on it. You bought a game with a theme you hated, you sold it, and now you pop into every thread where people talk about it hinting that there's a new trend of everyone selling off. Let it go man, it's okay that it wasn't the pin for you.

#8 10 years ago

Do you play your games, or just want to dress them up nice and pretty? I would go for MET: I like the variety of the layout and ow it shoots much better than ST. With ST, much of the game is hitting that one lone drop target, and some easily-backhanded ramps. *yawn*

#9 10 years ago

Did you already buy your Luci???

#10 10 years ago

Sorry Aurich but It was more than theme . I have burned through games that I liked and disliked themes . This game got boring fast . Theme helped and to be honest I said that as the reason. To be nice to all who dropped a wad.
Again I have owned and played enough games to know better And stand by it . Guess In a few more months one or the other of us will be proven right. You make awesome mods but are dead wrong on his one

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Do you play your games, or just want to dress them up nice and pretty?

Well I guess I am trying to dress up LUCI , and i did pair her up with Helen!

Quoted from gprotein:

Don't forget to add a shaker in that LUCI.

OK - shaker check - hope it is well integrated

Quoted from smassa:

Did you already buy your Luci???

I think i will be ordering at the end of the week. I am out of town next week, so I wanted to time it so it gets here when I get back.

Quoted from Chambahz:

My personal choice would be to drop Predator

Originally I was thinking about dropping MMr but now Predator could be the odd man out.... I am still holding out and hoping for the game. Everyone wants it to be good including me.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Add a Spider-Man to that collection and I might be tempted to move in.

Yea - I actually didn't mention that but if one came up with a good deal I would consider buying one. I look every once in a while for one but in California it is hard to get a deal.... Now if I was in VA it would be a different story....

Thanks for the comments....

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Originally I was thinking about dropping MMr but now Predator could be the odd man out.... I am still holding out and hoping for the game. Everyone wants it to be good including me.

You might want to play Predator (if possible) before committing to it. There is a HUGE difference between a fun, great-playing pin and one that just has all the pieces in place to look cool. From what I've seen, predator falls into the latter category. Pinball design is a true art, and there are not too many great designers out there with proven track records. The Predator team has none of them on board.

#13 10 years ago

i wouldn't buy a new stern product. Cheap product, just spent fifteen minutes on the phone to get sent to voicemail with no answer and poor code. No thanks.

#14 10 years ago

I had MET pro and now have ST PRO

Hands down for me is ST PRO - better than AC/DC even I can't say enough about how fun ST is and looks AWESOME

just my .02

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

i wouldn't buy a new stern product. Cheap product, just spent fifteen minutes on the phone to get sent to voicemail with no answer and poor code. No thanks.

On what game? Who did you try to reach? Patrick, Chaz? Cmon! They have great service.

#16 10 years ago

Mark, I have STLE and MET Premium here. You are welcome to come play them if you want to make the drive up from SD.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

I originally had a small problem with my TRON when I first got it and the first time I lifted the playfield I didnt know that the playfield wasn't like Williams with the playfield holders and ended up breaking a plastic. Stern sent me a replacement plastic, replacement for the troublesome part and a signed Borg translite for my troubles.

They were always responsive for my X-Men too so no complaints here.

I do seem to have had more problems buying used Williams games were they are not as described or you get them home and you think how could someone play the game with that broken and not even mention it.

I am pretty much sticking to the new game route these days or from someone I trust on here.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Mark, I have STLE and MET Premium here. You are welcome to come play them if you want to make the drive up from SD.

Thanks Rob - It would be great to meet you.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

On what game? Who did you try to reach? Patrick, Chaz? Cmon! They have great service.

He's a Stern hater. Nothing more to see.

#20 10 years ago

I found a place that has AC/DC Premium, Met Premium and ST Pro here in San Diego. I hope to get there on Saturday.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I found a place that has AC/DC Premium, Met Premium and ST Pro here in San Diego. I hope to get there on Saturday.

Unless that place is Steve's Party your plan is full of fail!

#22 10 years ago

I have STLE and love it.

I really like the new Met code. I think both these pro games are a great value and bang for your buck, but I think I would go the premium route on both. I'll probably get a Met premuim at some point.

I would play Predator first. I'm rooting for those guys, but I played it several times in Louisville and that particular game at least was not ready for prime time.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Unless that place is Steve's Party your plan is full of fail!

I was thinking about Steve's party but the thing keeping me away from that is I have to wake up at 5:00am for a flight to VA on Sunday.

Here is what the San Diego Pinball Map says

The High Dive:
AC/DC (Premium) (Stern, 2012)
Metallica (Premium) (Stern, 2013)
Meteor (Stern, 1979)
Star Trek (Stern) (2013)

So maybe it won't fail... but if it does I still get a burger and a beer....

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I was thinking about Steve's party but the thing keeping me away from that is I have to wake up at 5:00am for a flight to VA on Sunday.
Here is what the San Diego Pinball Map says
The High Dive:
AC/DC (Premium) (Stern, 2012)
Metallica (Premium) (Stern, 2013)
Meteor (Stern, 1979)
Star Trek (Stern) (2013)
So maybe it won't fail... but if it does I still get a burger and a beer....

Metallica Premium is no longer at the HIgh Dive. ACDC premium & ST Pro is still there though. There will be a pinball tourney at my place on April the 4th if you are interested in attending. I have a MetLE & Luci so you can get a feel for both. PM me if you are interested in attending.

#25 10 years ago

I think Metallica is better than ST at this point. ST is still fun, but it's hinged on new code coming out. It gets pretty repititious as it is right now. I just showed the game to my wife for the first time the other day and got to Kobiashi. Even she was like 'Is that it? Doesn't seem like much to do...' I like the playfield layout a lot and it has potential, but you can't fix the lack of art on the whole machine either. For what it's worth, I thought Met got very repititious before the new code, but now it's a great game with a lot of depth. At least it always *looked* good...

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I think Metallica is better than ST at this point. ST is still fun, but it's hinged on new code coming out. It gets pretty repititious as it is right now.

Yep. Really not much competition between the two pins right now. The question is how much better will the Urban code update make on ST?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-game-acdc-luci-and-st-or-met and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.