Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpg
    IMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
    5C1F0561-EE84-4BBE-86CC-8A2CB2288910 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20211129-003455_Instagram (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1626242346043 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221013_010128 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221013_012013 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231015_150311_Instagram (resized).jpg
    F_ncbH2WUAAK5Z_ (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230316_002426_Instagram (resized).jpg
    IMG_4085 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221118-205234_Twitter (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1673412598201 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231009_224541_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_223012_Facebook (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulbaptiste.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

With the release of 1.0 software for TBL I'm curious what's next for Dutch Pinball.
    With the amount of love and theme integration that went into The Big Lebowski, I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

What would you like to see as the next Dutch release?
    What rumors exist regarding the next title for Dutch Pinball?

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

You got to give them credit though. Through all the issues they experienced they are still churning out games. It would have been easy for them to close shop and walk away, but they didn’t. Whatever their next game is, I’m in. TBL is my favorite out of all my games. Sure it has its quirks, but so do all the other manufactures as well.

There really is nothing like it. They captured that film so well. Can't wait to get home and try the 1.0 code.

Whatever it is, I'm in as well. Hoping it's something as Iconic as TBL. Boondock Saints would be amazing, but unsure if the following is large enough to warrant a pin. Pulp Fiction could be incredible... Donnie Darko..

It's all subjective, but have any titles every been floated by Dutch?

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

are there still early adopters who have not gotten theirs?!

There are still quite a few people waiting for their EA games.

Sounds like they have the rights through 2023 with the option to extend. They can continue to make TBL and release another title.

I don’t believe Dutch wants to be a one game company forever. They can still utilize profits to make the early adopters whole.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Over eight years. I’m a customer once everyone I know gets their games.

I absolutely expect Dutch to make it right for the EA group. How I contribute to that happening is by buying a TBL. How I can further contribute to that effort is by purchasing their next title.

It’s the new money pouring in that makes that it possible. If they can add more sales volume by creating another title then why not? I’m very confident current owners of TBL will be first in line on their next release. New title just increases their customer base. Use this influx of sales to make the EA group whole.

Hopefully the increased popularity with the new code drop will move the needle that way as well.

4 months later
    #14 1 year ago

With the state of pinball right now maybe Dutch will finally drop a teaser on the Matrix?

I truly hope it is coming but would rather wait till the fall or after these other releases die down a bit.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Pinball can’t handle that right now with all the releases. This could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum and destroy the entire universe.

It’s already hard enough to settle on one release let alone multiples. If the next Dutch game came I don’t know what I’d sell to raise funds but I’d have to…. What a predicament!

I’m fine with Dutch coming out later in the year when their hype train can be at its peak!

3 months later
    #19 10 months ago

I’m almost 100% in with whatever they do next. It’s hard to conceive of them going way off mark with how well they captured TBL but I’m hoping for something epic. Word is we will finally get something new next year from Dutch. Can’t wait!

3 months later
    #26 6 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Are you ready to wait a year and a half for your BTTF?

Yes I am. My only hope is we have a different option from Cointaker to order from. We need a little distributor diversity in the states for Dutch Pinball please.

I'm all for whatever comes next by Dutch. Didn't think BTTF was an option, but now with Lior doing all the sculpts it'll far surpass the build quality (and would've anyway) than if it's built by Stern. I guess we will see!

Let's go Dutch!

#30 6 months ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

I vote Flip N Out! All I could find was Cointaker and Nitro.

I’m sure Zach with be good with as well! Cointaker is my only reservation against buying another game from Dutch. Let’s hope a new distributor is part of the plan as well.

#33 6 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ouch. How did Cointaker piss you off?

If you read the TBL preorder thread, it’s more about documenting frustration with cointaker than excitement about TBL. I went through it with Lebowski and Alien. Both games I really enjoyed, both manufactures supported me incredibly well, both I feel were (one still is) hamstrung by using a single distributor who unfortunately doesn’t communicate well at all to buyers. You can read years of this in the preorder thread and I experienced it myself.

I’m positive news, Dutch will be at Expo!!!

#37 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I thought the NEXT STERN thread already established that Homepin, makers of the beloved Thunderbirds, has the BTTF license. Is Kaneda advising people to buy nothing this year to be set to buy something next year from Homepin?
    As for what is next from Dutch, are we expecting a stand-alone pin or another dress-up thingy, like the one for Whirlwind. That offering was - dare I say? - weird. My buddy has a TBL. It arrived about thirteen months after he ordered it. It's very attractive, but that's about all I know about it. It shoots pretty well - including the upper playfield. I realize lots of "early adopters" are waiting for games. That stinks!

Kaneda is saying Dutch is making Back to the Future!

Which would be incredible. In my selfish mind I want something more adult, something in a similar vein as Lebowski, but can you imagine the sales for BTTF if Dutch has the license and Lior is doing the sculpts? It’s going to be incredible. They need to be hiring and training and expanding….shit, even building games now if that’s the case.

1 week later
    #58 5 months ago

Kaneda said "you know who's making BTTF, but you don't know who's really making BTTF." What do you guys think this means? Kapow took license to Dutch? Dutch stole a designer from another company? They use Stern's factory like CGC did? He also said BTTF is 2024 release.
    [quoted image]

I’m not a $5 monthly member so not privy to all Kaneda announcements but he seems dead set in Dutch making this game. Dutch also said they would be dropping their new game is 2024 with Lior, Art of Pinball, making all the sculpts. I hope he is right. They will have more orders than they know what to do with. Hopefully preparing to reduce that 13-18 month lead time as BTTF will be in much higher demand than TBL is right now.

#59 5 months ago

It was great meeting Rensh at Expo this year! After all the time in the threads here and the personal help he has provided me on my own game, it was great to be able to shake his hand, and meet him in person. He shared some of the history of the game and some of the preparations taking place for what’s next. We are lucky to have a passionate team like Dutch pinball and I’m excited for what’s around the corner!

I for one am going to start setting something aside for Dutch next release. It’ll be worth the wait.

IMG_4085 (resized).jpegIMG_4085 (resized).jpeg
    #62 5 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I believe this has been nearly rectified. Most early achievers have been delivered, these are mostly new orders, from 2 years ago.
    I have faith DP will deliver, but it could be awhile.

Spoke to Rens at Expo and he verified there are only 40 EA games remaining. They will absolutely come through for everyone that has been waiting for their games. I assumed this might be the reason for the increase in lead time to receive TBLs now, but was told it was just the large uptick in orders.

With a game coming in 2025, at some they are going to have to stop taking orders for TBL. I would think that would be way before the new game announcement so they could be pre-building games to get ahead of the inevitable demand. If the rumors are correct…demand will be huge.

1 week later
    #67 5 months ago

Dutch, Kapow, Franchi - Silverpaolo

and Lior on sculpts… It’s going to be incredible!

#70 5 months ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Delivered to your door!!!........in 2026.

2025 will have some on the streets. They will increase capacity to handle the new release. They have to.

#75 5 months ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

I honestly think we’ll see them in 2025 too, but the stark difference in sales from TBL to BTTF will be massive.

We will. They will announce around this time next year and already have games built. It’s hard to imagine the changes the company will need to go through to meet the demand in a reasonable time period. Currently they only have 25 production employees if I recall correctly and are doubling that now to meet TBL demand. What will the ramp up look like for BTTF? The great thing it’s is the partnerships they are building, like with Art of Pinball for example, will allow them to mass produce and scale up in a way that hasn’t been possible yet as these sculpts are no longer being made in house. They are working to do this in several areas to speed up the assembly process.

It’s going to be fun to watch and incredibly difficult to wait for…

#77 5 months ago

I have heard now from more than 1 person that the entire BTTF run from Dutch will be limited...but limited to what number? If it's 1000 games or less then the price is going to have to be really high $15000+ if these we want these games going to diehard fans and not flippers. Kinda scary. Also heard that a SLE is coming (further cementing Kapow's involvement). Wonder how much those 88 games (so obvious) are going to cost? Will certainly be outside of what I can spend. I am going to guess $25000.

They better get some raffles going...I sure as hell can't mortgage my home for a BTTF. It's already ridiculous and prices are softening. I don't want to deaden my excitement for this game by not being able to afford it. Only happy thoughts damnit.

Game will be incredible.
    Game will be affordable.
    Game will ship within 12 months
    Game will have more than 1 US distributor...

One of the above will be true.

2 weeks later
    #80 4 months ago

And so it begins….

Quoted from Rensh:

Dutch Pinball is actively developing forward-looking plans set to come to completion in 2024 and 2025. As a result, we anticipate that 2024 may mark the final year of The Big Lebowski Pinball production, leading to a limited production capacity.
    Therefore, we strongly recommend that you promptly contact your distributor to secure a new TBL. For a list of our distributors, please visit https://www.dutchpinball.com/distributors. Each distributor has a specific allotment, and these are likely to be claimed quickly, so it's important not to delay.
    While it's possible that this announcement serves as the final call for TBL orders, it's primarily a precautionary measure to ensure we can fulfill all TBL orders. Should additional production capacity become available, we may offer extra allotments to distributors.

1 month later
    #92 3 months ago

Hot off the presses. K-man says Dutch is building 500 JPOP Alice in Wonderland pins in April/May. Exclusive and expensive they will probably use these monies to help bankroll BTTF I imagine. He also mentioned Bob Gale's involvement again on BTTF. Dutch bought another building and is actively hiring more employees.

The prototype of that game looked incredible. I’d be all over it if it’s actually fleshed out. That’s the hard part part to imagine though. Going from that paper artwork to a physical thing with depth and mechs and flow…. Someone would’ve had to have been working on this for awhile.

2 months later
    #96 18 days ago

[ Press Release ]

Dutch Pinball Welcomes New Brand: DPX (Dutch Pinball Exclusive)

Herkenbosch, The Netherlands – Building on its respected presence in the pinball industry, Dutch Pinball is pleased to announce the introduction of DPX, short for Dutch Pinball Exclusive. This new sister company marks an extension of Dutch Pinball’s existing portfolio, focusing on producing limited editions of high-quality pinball machines for collectors.

Barry Driessen, founder of Dutch Pinball, in collaboration with Melvin Williams, has initiated DPX to cater to a niche market. DPX represents a commitment to the craft of pinball machine creation, combining the renowned quality of Dutch Pinball with a focus on exclusivity.

Innovation and Craftsmanship

DPX will continue to utilize the proven mechanics and electronics that fans have come to expect from The Big Lebowski™ Pinball. However, DPX aims to further refine these technologies, producing no more than 500 units of each title globally to maintain exclusivity.

Melvin Williams leads DPX’s design and engineering, bringing a fresh perspective to the development of new pinball machines. With a background in enhancing Dutch Pinball’s technologies, Melvin’s role at DPX involves pushing the boundaries of design and functionality, ensuring that each machine offers a unique experience.

Strategic Expansion

To support the launch of DPX, Dutch Pinball has acquired additional space by securing a building across the street from its current operations. This expansion doubles the production capacity, facilitating the manufacture of both DP and DPX machines more efficiently and allowing for future growth.

As DPX prepares to unveil its first title, Dutch Pinball also continues to develop its own range of machines. Further information regarding new releases under the Dutch Pinball brand will be made available towards the end of 2024.

Looking Ahead

We appreciate the ongoing support from the pinball community and are excited about the opportunities that DPX brings. This new venture allows us to explore new possibilities in pinball design and production, enhancing the collector’s experience.

For additional updates, stay tuned. We are eager to share the next chapter in our journey with you.

Barry Driessen & Melvin Brouwer-Williams

Dutch Pinball Exclusive

IMG_5963 (resized).jpegIMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
    #99 18 days ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Did they announce the next pin?

This is alluding to the rumored super limited Alice in Wonderland pin being made by Dutch. Interesting to see how it’s a separate venture from Dutch Pinball.

The release states that we will get information for Dutch’s next game near the end of this year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulbaptiste.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-dutch-pinball-title?tu=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.