OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 4 years ago

Well whatever it is, if it ends up under "All Games", at least Stern acknowledges I can't afford it for my home.

Affordable (resized).pngAffordable (resized).png

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Has original theme song

Has the original theme song, or has a new and original theme song?

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Could be based on the new Netflix show

Dammit, Dreamworks is involved with that project???

Dreamworks (resized).jpgDreamworks (resized).jpg

#465 4 years ago

Digging on how it looks like the right ramp corkscrews to the orbit and then ends, perhaps setting up the upper flipper shot.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Shrek
Monster vs Aliens
How to Train your Dragon
Megamind
Captain Underpants
Boss Baby
I would counter saying that my son (and i) LOVE some DreamWorks titles. You just conveniently left them out.

Didn't conveniently leave anything out since it's a well known internet meme. Google Pixar vs. Dreamworks and select Images. Also, Shrek is annoying (the donkey is in the meme BTW), and I want to claw at my ears after watch HTTYD and hearing that kid speak out of the side of his mouth for 90 minutes.

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can someone figure out what the Premium has (game feature) that is not on the pro?

Moving T-rex, something with the Jeep? (listed as "simple" on the Pro features), motorized bank in front of Raptor, lots of flat plastics vs. 3D items, spinning helicopter blades.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I'm hoping they hired Michael Knight for the call outs on this game as he seems to be the only human on the pf or at least the biggest by far. Games obviously gonna have a good sense of humor.

That would be Wayne Knight!

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The DE JP was just TAF... what’s your point?
Edit: I’m sorry, I read your post saying it was a rehash.
[quoted image]

The DE JP was a WW copy if anything.

#884 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm really not understanding the Octoberfest comparisons. Some green ink in the middle of the playfield and a wireform that makes a full circle doesn't make them the same game. Literally zero shots are the same on the games.

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And with this humble post, lost among the braying, a new pinball mod was born. Printed decals that cover the hinge and complete the side art when the head is in position. heh.

I'll make them for WONKA SE. Will incorporate proprietary technology so they also complete the side art when the head is lowered!

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So, in other words, when you hit the captive ball hard enough, the jeep spins around to the other side of the captive ball. Kind of a cool little trick.

Or perhaps with the first one not moving and being a pivot you actually have to hit the 2nd one on a side graze to turn the whole mech the other way.

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just a guess... we learn tonight that Pro dino still puts the balls in his mouth!

At least roar, or do something! It's the signature toy... in a $6K game!

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fingers crossed for Pro balls in the mouth!

Fingers crossed here as well, but the feature matrix omitting any and all hint to it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

#2286 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The T-Rex's jaw looks hinged on the Pro.

Unfortunately so did the Death Star on SW Pro.

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I’m super excited too. The only animation that really bothered me was when you start rescuing people and they are standing on a rendering of the playfield.

I mean they could've shown a zoomed map near a paddock that showed a group of people needing rescuing, but I think the "augmented reality" of characters on PF's will also resonate with those coming into the hobby from PinballFX/Zen/whatever as that's incredibly common in those games.

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

When some random kid at the mall is hanging over the glass while you play
[quoted image]

I think we need a gif of T-Rex chasing behind Keith while he's escaping the T-Rex in the game...
(Time stamped to it happening)

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Mistake? Isnt it just the traditional Trudeau gap, as seen on many of his other machines?

From what I heard the delta between a normal gap and a Trudeau gap is 1/8". This means that from the center-line, each flipper gets moved outward by 1/16". However on GB, each flipper was moved 1/8" from the center-line, meaning the gap is 1/4" wider than a normal flipper gap and 1/8" wider than a normal Trudeau gap.

When you walk up to a GB, it's apparent to the eye that the flipper gap is wider than normal, even if only 1/8" greater than what he's known for. Even more apparent if something like a Mustang is close by.

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Carrot flippers are bigger? Didn't realize
Seems like someone could make a killing making slightly longer flippers to tighten up the gap. Not only on Ghostbusters, but many other games. Sorta like the opposite of people that put on lightning flippers to make games harder.

That's exactly what carrot flippers do.

#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

If it's not on the model matrix must be coming to the Stern store. Would have been a nice LE perk for sure. Typically LE features aren't resold, at least not in the Stern store. Something like this I'd support being an LE owner and allowing others to buy.

FWIW, it's also not in any of the Pro/Prem/LE stock photos. Must be a Stern Shop add-on, hopefully for all models... and hopefully not $100.

2 weeks later
#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Machine just looks and feels solid.
The shots are so unique that at first they are clunky and you brick a bunch .
It's like rewiring your pinball brain. But once you figure it out, they become that much more rewarding.
Mark me in the group that thought the artwork and back glass were hideous.
I was so wrong.
Looks amazing in person and the "thinking outside of the box" with the theme works. It works, big time.
Smart missile shot is a lot of fun, as well.
Great job Keith and the team.

I just so happened to stumble on one today at a beach that has 3 arcades and one of the ones I didn’t expect new titles had both JP2 Pro and Munsters Prem.

I think the above review is spot freggin on. I’d add on top of it, that this is a pinball player’s game. Games are a lot quicker than IMDN (just to compare KME titles) because you can keep the ball “up north” a lot easier than on JP2. Kids may be drawn to JP2 more, but I bet dollars to donuts my son would both destroy and then prefer IMDN over JP2 if both were whitewoods.

My 10yr old I can see getting frustrated with JP2 when he eventually plays it. He likes SM, ST, AS, and MMr. They are easy to shoot and have easy to achieve objectives.

... But not every game needs to be for newbies, and that’s why I loved this game. Similar to DP, games with some tight shots need to be tweaked I’m sure. On location, this particular game missed sending the ball to the right wireform/inlane 80% of the time (robbing you of the super duper skillshot chance), the left ramp hit on the fly would hit under the t-Rex before the overhang plastic, and the right orbit dribbled out a lot. However, similar to DP, I’m positive when playing a dialed in one, this is a true players game that kicks ass and takes names.

That glare though...

29D842C0-39A0-468E-BCD2-30896471BBFC (resized).jpeg29D842C0-39A0-468E-BCD2-30896471BBFC (resized).jpeg

#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m curious to see what Stern come up with for a topper, T. rex chasing a Jeep that’s mechanical and moves yes please!!

Should be the dilophosaurus with him hissing and the whole peacock neck thing happening.
99A69896-F70E-41B5-853F-1EAC4A19E72D.gif99A69896-F70E-41B5-853F-1EAC4A19E72D.gif

#3404 4 years ago

Ruh row raggy

26EAF084-5FEB-42F7-A0BF-CCA2E17ED0AA (resized).jpeg26EAF084-5FEB-42F7-A0BF-CCA2E17ED0AA (resized).jpeg
296BAD30-ECE7-4CEB-9BA4-824FDF0141E9 (resized).jpeg296BAD30-ECE7-4CEB-9BA4-824FDF0141E9 (resized).jpeg

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is this a puddle of clear or just a funky reflection or something?
[quoted image]

Good question. I think I’m going back Friday to play some more. I’ll check that out too.

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

From the original picture it appears to be a reflection of the sling plastic that has the same curved shape.

Good eye. Am able to confirm that from a different picture I took.

C99650D4-3EB9-4F3F-86EF-2ABF3688D38E (resized).jpegC99650D4-3EB9-4F3F-86EF-2ABF3688D38E (resized).jpeg

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Unofficial Pinside guessing stats aside. I think the fact that Stern is now installing those metal washers is an indication there is a problem.

Yup. I even went back and watch the official Pro/Prem trailer video and there are no posts on either. This is a band-aid fix on a recently discovered problem.

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I have a ton of time on the pro and this has to be one of the best initial releases ever in my opinion! I really love it but can't afford one of mine own at this moment but I will own one for sure. Can't wait to get to play it with the latest code and can't wait to get to see a premium or le in action!

It’s rock f’ing solid no doubt (insert soft clear joke here). I can’t wait to get my 3rd day on one tomorrow at a place where basically no one knows it exists. Lots of shots, fun, and has that same “breadth” that IMDN has for ways you can attack the game (which differentiates it from GB in the ladders as JP2 has so much more than the map).

However I will just thread drift for a moment and say that the Oktoberfest I played on location yesterday F’ing blew me away. Yes some of the animation styles are disjointed, but holy hell, what a nice shooting pin that’s fully loaded with a billion modes! I don’t think you can go wrong with a properly cleared JP2, but to those who are considering a JP2 Prem and haven’t played an Oktoberfest, may be doing themselves a disservice. That is a sleeper game and is light years better in shots than Houdini. Plus it had an immaculate PF.

It’s cool that there are options!!!

#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Picked my game up last night and love it. My only complaint is the ball constantly hanging up in the raptor pit. I’m sure others are having this issues. What have some of you done to make this issue better?

It happened on one of the streams, and happens a lot on location when I play. There are two 1-way gates IIRC. One into the Raptor, and one to dump out into Control Room. The latter can catch the ball between it and what's under. I wait for it to go into ball search and give a nudge during that. Works pretty well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.