Topic Stats

• 3,615 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1187187 (resized).jpg
2D753FE8-9E2E-404B-B81C-2095AF0773F0 (resized).jpeg
enema-1553255444 (resized).jpg
E1F1D222-E3E5-4C7E-A6D7-E06DAA62D0F4 (resized).png
schmittsgay.gif
farleyangry.gif
BE63333A-2982-43A0-A5B5-7BD0351A494A (resized).jpeg
OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (6 months ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (6 months ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 6 months ago

Bourne > Bond. Don't give two shits about a game based either one, though.

#107 6 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Layout will be better than Maiden.

Seems impossible but I hope you're right.

#323 6 months ago

Screw movie clips. TWD has maybe the best display of all time. Well-drawn, interactive animations that pull me into the game more than a TV clip ever could. So glad JP2 will use original animation.

How's JP2 for an acronym? Or...
EJP - Elwin Jurassic Park
SJP - Stern Jurassic Park, but also super jackpot, which is confusing

#335 6 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My favorite game of all time is Iron Maiden. To another Elwin is an instant buy for me. Can’t wait to see hires pics and game play.

Same, same, same. If anyone is in the market for an IMVE or Metallica LE, I might have to let something go to justify this purchase. But I don't wanna!

#369 6 months ago
Quoted from dc2010:

An instant classic would be Totan,CV, etc....

If your idea of an instant classic is CV, which bombed so bad Williams closed it out for $1,700 NIB, then I hope for Stern's sake JP2 isn't an instant classic.

#626 6 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Today the stern fans dont care much for theme, it´s all about gameplay.
It´s kind of strange, since all the talk over the last weeks, has been all about theme.

Theme for show, play for dough.

#705 6 months ago

At some level it's still a commercial device. Monochromatic score/instruction cards are fine. Black on yellow is very legible, unlike many of the custom cards I've seen. Couldn't be easier to change if you don't like 'em. Pick your battles.

#993 6 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Here’s a thought......give the new to Stern artist BK or Elvira and JP to Zombie Yeti.

Sweet, just need a time machine.

#1028 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I hope they don't include that "monster truck" in the animations. Replacing it with a Jeep Wrangler would be my first mod. It looks like it was designed to appeal to my 7 year old kids.

Yeah that toy jeep is definitely for adults.

#1110 6 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

BKSoR is pure gold for me, my only gripe is that the knight doesn't 'shake'.

If he shook, you'd want his head to spin around. It's never enough.

#1125 6 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I was very surprised they didn't release official pictures the moment the leak broke.

Stern knew the leak was coming. They showed all the distributors on Tuesday. Of course at least one of them is going to share it. Just an inevitable part of the game release cycle. I wouldn't even call it a leak. Ghostbusters development art making the rounds several months ahead of time, that's a leak.

#1134 6 months ago

We’re all definitely calling that shot “truck nuts,” right?

#1190 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

If he shook, you'd want his head to spin around. It's never enough.

Quoted from vicjw66:

the fact that he doesn’t actually turn his head or move in any way?

Called it.

#1195 6 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Again, let’s move on.

You first.

#1232 6 months ago

God I hope "does X swallow the ball?" becomes a meme for every new game release.

#1443 6 months ago

Oh praise heaven, he eats the ball. The dinosaur eats the ball!

#1452 6 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I have to admit, this looks way cooler than what I was expecting.

Like clockwork.

#1463 6 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Are we sure? I assumed it spat the ball out after being fed via the ramp + internal diverter

Fuck it, burn it all down.

#1470 6 months ago

Does he eat the ball, turn it brown, and drop it out the bottom of the cabinet?!?

#1648 6 months ago

The pro eats quarters. I wanna feed it!

#1656 6 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can even come over to my house on the trip and GC all my games so I have something to yell about.

Doubtful! If I recall correctly, you made A division at Pinburgh while I was stuck in C division.

#1687 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone notice what appears to be ZERO saucers on the game? He's using up posts where we'd normally see saucers (like the control room)

Looks to be zero subways in the game? Everything is up top!

Absolutely love both of these design decisions. Stop the ball when you need to, flow when you don't. No saucer rejects. And don't hide the ball from me. TZ with a bunch of scoops that all feed the slot machine kickout? Lazy design.

#1710 6 months ago

Black zip-tie. You're welcome.

#1716 6 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

the entire metal mechanical back portion is exposed

Disassemble, paint flat black, reassemble. You'll never see it again. Unless you obsess over this kind of thing, in which case it'll keep you up at night, consumed by thoughts of a vantablack shroud covering the opening. I'm just gonna play & enjoy the game.

#1784 6 months ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I mean the freaking T-Rex is eating a FREAKING SCREW.

You think that's bad, look at poor Axl. Explains the voice though.
axl (resized).jpg

#1786 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is there a flip ramp (180 like alien and Octoberfest) on the left side with that blue looking tower?

Yup, far right side too.

#1804 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Because the 1st two pics don’t look alike.

They're the same thing. It's just hard to make out from the top view because of black on black.

#1810 6 months ago

JPKS.png

#2164 6 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Jeff Goldblum callouts would have been much better IMO.

His low baritone and soft enunciation would have a hard time cutting through the din of a modern pinball sound package. High-pitched wisecrackers like Newman (er, Nedry) make for great call outs. See also: Nolan North as Deadpool.

#2371 6 months ago

Just two more hours until y’all can nitpick the gameplay instead of each other.

#2525 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I must always remind everyone of fat ass in IMDN

Wait what?

#2618 6 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can get a skillshot, a skill then super, and possibly a skill, then super, then super duper?

I'm hoping for a Super Duper Mega Extreme skill shot, to pay homage to TSPP and the other Keith in pinball.

skill: left ramp
super: + right ramp
super duper: + far left ramp
super duper mega: + far right ramp
super duper mega extreme: + control room, and post comes up to hold the ball for SUPER DUPER MEGA EXTREME animation payoff

#2630 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...well it was actually a poorly made animation not him so I think I'm OK.

I love that animation! It still shows up occasionally at random in later code. You can crank the probability of it up to 25%, which I did.

#2638 6 months ago

Well I'm convinced.

#2709 5 months ago

Premium ordered.

#2720 5 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

quietly peruses collection to see what may need to leave

Blackened is the end.

#2724 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Does anyone have a favorite Stern distributor? One that offers solid pricing and support? Definitely going to consider this seriously for a first Stern purchase.

Trent Augenstein at Tilt Amusements is great, just a few hours west of you in Ohio. In addition to being a reputable, high-volume distributor, he's a straight shooter and knows pinball inside & out as one of the best players in the world. I can't promise he'd deliver to Pittsburgh, but I know he gets around.

This is not a veiled advertisement. I get zero compensation for this; just someone who's had nothing but great experiences with Trent and Tilt.

#2745 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Crazy that I never really saw people access the Wonkavator yesterday. I'll admit I suck, but it didn't seem incredibly active in the game at all.

It's a game-to-game carryover feature. Some players may go entire game(s) without locking a ball. Eventually someone will lock ball three, and voilà. Or at least that's my understanding from limited play.

#2852 5 months ago

Exposed screw heads? I'm out.

#2985 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's happy hour time baaaaby! Half off excellent belgian drafts at the Sharpe Edge, just a brisk walk away!

Their house draft is so good, Over the Edge triple Belgian IPA. Well-hidden 9.5% ABV. It's a good thing my hotel was in walking distance last time I visited.

#2994 5 months ago

Pro translite colors look better in your photos than any I've seen so far. Thanks!

#3019 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think that beer, they actually have brewed in Belgium.

Indeed.
Over-the-Edge-Logo.jpg
Over the Edge – House Beer of the Sharp Edge
Brewed by Brouwerij Van Steenberge, Belgium
Belgian IPA, 9.5% abv

Hops abound in this triple Belgian ale, brewed with three times the normal amount of pilsner-malt to build on plenty of raw rich material, and an ‘over the edge’ amount of Hallertau and Aurora hops. Just to make it perfect with a great hoppy nose, a full round complex mouth-feel and a lingering beautiful hoppy aftertaste, in perfect balance with the glow of the 9.5% alcohol by volume. Refermented in the keg (keg conditioned) to infuse the softness and easy drinkability of the natural carbonation.

#3033 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Are you in town for the tournament?

I picked the wrong year to skip, with seven JP2 machines on freeplay.

#3034 5 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

But most of us are here to talk about the game, not to be inundated by beer pics and talk.

"Inundated." Ten beer posts vs. 3,000+ about a game almost no one has played. At least I've had the beer I'm recommending!

#3041 5 months ago

I hate you. In the best way.

#3046 5 months ago

KME said something to the effect of it being too fast to effectively loop over & over. It's designed to combo into the far left scoop ramp.

#3049 5 months ago

I just realized we don't even know what the action button does yet.

#3051 5 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

That translight is weak

I like it because it engages the player. For the other two you're just the observer of a scene.

#3098 5 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are the LE’s sold out?

Hard to know unless you call around to individual distributors. There's no centralized stock list or anything. But I'm guessing there are still a few unspoken for.

#3105 5 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just a corny idea...but would be a little extra fun for the smart missile feature.

I love it. Maybe have it always be optional and worth 2x a normal flipper shot? That way casuals would never be punished by a non-flip.

#3223 5 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Is it confirmed the Prem propeller has scoring attached to it?

The guy who said it is the game designer.

#3234 5 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I know of one location getting one on Monday!

Spill it!

#3266 5 months ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Where are you located, would love to bring you some Heineken beer some time

What did he ever do to you?

#3305 5 months ago

I’m not much for toys, but I’d be tempted to nestle a Lego Jeff Goldblum into an unobtrusive place in my game.

1 week later
#3451 5 months ago

Played my first JP pro tonight. Metal washers under star posts. No clear mounding around those or any regular skinny posts that I could see. Just one data point, but a hopeful one.

#3463 5 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They should send all the playfields to Bangladesh or some other place without any regulations, and use that good old toxic clear that seemed to work so well. The new environmentally conscious clear products appear to be inadequate.

I'm pretty much a tree-hugging pinko hippie, but I'll cosign this. All those Spanish and Italian pins from the '70s and '80s have godlike clearcoat. My unrestored Prospector and Farfalla look amazing.

#3469 5 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Prospector used a polyurethene playfield, no clearcoat required!

Mine is just good old fashioned ink on wood, with some kind of clearcoat. Maybe they made 'em both ways?

#3495 5 months ago
Quoted from rai:

So what does the action button do??

Chooses control room modes. Launches the ball (optional). KME recently said he doesn't like button presses, so I don't know why the game has one. But someone (maybe in this thread) suggested using it to launch the smart missile, and Keith liked the idea. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that in later code.

#3549 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is like working with classic Stern for god sakes

Curse of the Seawitch.

#3564 5 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They better have a kick ass all time theme coming up to get them out of it!

These playfield issues are unacceptable! I'm not buying another Stern until everything's perfect.
farleyangry.gif
Stern announces Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
schmittsgay.gif

1 month later
#3597 3 months ago
Quoted from smassa:

It’s way better then anything anyone else has put out ever.

I hope you're right! I say the same thing about Maiden, and I hope JP2 tops it (for me of course, your mileage may vary).

#3601 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my JP LE came about 2 weeks ago, and its still in my garage on pallet. I dont have energy to open it, would it be safe in the garage during a Michigan Winter? Or can that cause some damage?

It would be safe & warm in my basement all winter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside