OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#541 4 years ago

I’m a little disappointed that I don’t see a T-Rex on a spring. I was really looking forward to 10 pages of bitching on that subject alone.

Have we figured out what’s horrible on this game yet? Who will be the first to say that they will never buy another NIB Stern because of the (fill in blank) on this game?

Has Kaneda declared he”s in on an LE yet? Has he declared he”s out on the LE yet?

#825 4 years ago

The best thing about the movie was the dinosaurs and the setting itself. The story and actors weren’t really that good. That’s what I thought when I saw it in the theater and still feel that way.

This is the perfect movie to use for a pinball machine where it is based on making your way through the Jurassic universe and not the characters themselves.

When TWD came out people complained about no actors in it, but the Walking Dead universe worked out very well.

If a setting is rather weak but the story and characters are strong, then of course you want the opposite and the pinball machine should follow the story and have clips and call outs from them.

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

This looks great. Love it. BUT I just wish stern would also use full RGB lights. You can do such great Lightshows with it like on Alien, Dialed in and WOZ.

I like how Stern is rather conservative with their rgb lighting. The problem with some other full rgb games is that they overdo it and it makes it extremely difficult to follow what’s going on or what to shoot for.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You missed out the most important aspect of this game for many.
Coded and designed by Elwin, means it will more than likely be a game people end up wanting, even if they don't know that now.

I keep hearing this. This is only his second game for Stern. You guys are putting way too much pressure on the guy.

#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They posted the video showing the development of BKSOR last night...i'm thinking they want to pump the sales of that one a bit more before they are astroturfed by the JP reveal.

Did they talk about why they cheaped out on the Black Knight toy not being a bash toy by putting that stupid stand up target in front of him or the fact that he doesn’t actually turn his head or move in any way? Did they address the fact that it has the lowest BOM of any modern Stern as well as the least expensive license of any modern Stern, coupled with the highest MSRP of any cornerstone Stern? And they say it’s not selling well? Shocker.

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You don't think it's trolling to have a countdown that only pinball enthusiasts would notice and then have it be for a release for an admittedly different market, then have no hype for the actual release? Am I understanding your question? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Ignore Levi’s opinions when it comes to Stern. Ever since Stern sponsored his pinball tournament you would think he is the Dinosaur head swallowing Sterns pinballs.

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Exactly. Thank you for admitting it.
This is what the world is these days. Pinside is simply an extension of our lazy, ignorant world. Proudly expressing opinions literally based on....nothing. And in the US, it comes straight from the top.

Have you seen Dr.Frighteners posts? I’ve read novels that are shorter. Plus he just keeps repeating his points in every post, so it’s perfectly fine to thumb them up or down without reading the whole thing.

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

If you're going to pick on something about BKSOR, it's not the toy. It's made of high quality material and has a freaking flail. That's what it does. It has standups in front of it. Is it higher quality to hit the knight himself? You're not bashing the knight because you can't get to him until the end. you have to fight his minions and everything he puts in your way. Your remark just shows your lack of.... well everything.

You’re clueless. Are you saying that at the end when you fight the Knight the standup just magically disappears? The flail isn’t even part of him.
Is it higher quality to hit the Knight himself?
You’re goddamn right it is.
But hey, it’s a fun game. Anyway, let’s get back on the subject.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Paging huemanatee for a custom gif depicting this please...

I found a pic of Levi that he can use.

https://images.app.goo.gl/bqrMdaaLkhnMyzgz6

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Called it.

You didn’t call anything. This has been repeated by me and others in the Black Knight thread. And the Black Knight doesn’t do anything so what was your point? It’s a fun game that I will never own because of all the corners Stern cut on it. Again, let’s move on.

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

You hit upon the solution in your first post. A rubber accordion boot between the T-rex and the back wall. Not unlike how Disney hides the ugliness between cars on their monorail trains.
[quoted image]

Can we get one of these for Levi?

#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I gave it a shot. Maybe one or two people will give it a second look. I played 30 years of video games before figuring it out.

The problem is that it just takes too long to get really good at pinball. And until you're really good at pinball, you suck at pinball. It takes very little time for young people to figure out patterns and strategies for video games. It takes years to get so good at figuring out vectors and angles and nudging, to the point that you're not even thinking about it, but it's just muscle memory. Most people have the attention span of a goldfish, and are not going to take the time to make pinball a truly enjoyable experience.

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

boring af and not balanced? Horseshit, and I'll never stop praising that game. Makes zero difference to me if its held in high regard or hated with extreme ethusiam, in fact I prefer the ladder. Good day to u sir, I said good day.

For someone who says they don't care what people think about Sterns, you sure do seem to get upset with people anytime they criticize one.

Making a post on pinside criticizing Stern is like blowing a dog whistle. You come running every time. Do you spend all day sifting through every Pinside thread looking for negative Stern comments? It's like you're Batman trying to protect the people of Stern from those evil pinside villains.

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So you're an unpaid shill? Good Lord, find yourself another hobby.

No. He’s Batman. It’s not about being a shill so much as feeling the need to protect Stern from any comments that might hurt their feelings.
Commissioner Gomez sends out the bat signal whenever Hazoff is needed.

I agree everyone has a right to opinion, just remember that if you criticize Stern, there is a good chance Hazzoff will call you a douchebag..

#2113 4 years ago

Is BK3 really rated the 27th best pinball game ever made?
It’s sorta fun and all but that’s ridiculous.

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I just wanted to chime in to say that Johnny did an amazing job on this pin! All packages need to be seen in person to be appreciated. Not saying the Stern photo shoots crush detail, but I’m saying they might
And I can also say Keith and his team, as well as Chuck’s team on LCD, are upping the game once again. I wish I worked on this one so I’d have an excuse to own it!
I wasn’t even involved on this project and I’m here giving it my seal of approval. It’s that good! Congrats to creators & players!

I like the art. Normally when I say something is craptastic it’s a bad thing. But in this case maybe we can start a movement to change the meaning of the word. #craptastic

#3018 4 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Please don’t call it Belgian beer when it’s not even brewed or created in Belgium please...
I’ve taste the so called ‘Belgian’ beers and was ashamed it was called this as it’s An insult to the many great real Belgian beers!
#rantmodeoff

I’ve been to Belgium and drank many beers there. Highly overrated. Loved the beers in Austria though.

2 weeks later
#3369 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I know there is one coming to Lake Alice in Riverside, not sure if its there yet.

Sucks. There are 3 or 4 on location around San Francisco, and none in SoCal.

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Does anybody know a place in Detroit area that has a JP2 to play? I searched Pinball Map which is a nice resource but uses stale information. Looking forward to getting some time on it.

And what about SoCal? It’s ridiculous that there is not a single one to play. I wonder if people are not updating the map on purpose so they can play without interruption. Someone speak up, I’m tired of waiting.

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It is just the first week really.. only people getting games so far have been people tightly tied into the Stern-operator loop for first dibs at games.
They will come.. patience

Well then Stern needs to put a SoCal operator in their loop, because there have been 3 or 4 in the San Francisco Area for the last week and none in an area of more than 24 million people. I suppose I could drive 6 hours to play one.

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Ayce Gogi picked theirs up. Should be on the floor tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.

#3462 4 years ago

They should send all the playfields to Bangladesh or some other place without any regulations, and use that good old toxic clear that seemed to work so well. The new environmentally conscious clear products appear to be inadequate.

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The flippers were weak on our local JP. Lifted the hood...
All three cool stops were like this...
[quoted image]
Less than one week of play... 36k flips by the audits. Game build date aug 10
This plus the weak engineering on the flipper post have made it tough to keep this game earning :/

The one I played on location the first day it was unboxed flipped well. A week later I went back and the flippers were in bad shape. I have never seen a Stern’s flippers deteriorate so much in just one week.

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

That’s ridiculous, they should be mocked mercilessly for shipping games that can’t last a week on location before complete playability failure. Part of their new marketing plan, “our games are so cheap they’re unplayable!”?

Well it’s only two reported cases so far, so maybe we should put the brakes on flippergate for now.

1 month later
#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It’s way better then anything anyone else has put out ever.

Best game since TWD premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.