OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#410 4 years ago

If it's based on the older movies, Stern shouldn't have any trouble getting the assets and voice clips for a decent price. I'm not sure what year it changed, exactly, but actors now have to be paid separately for using video and audio clips of themselves from the movie. It was not retroactive, which is why Ghostbusters and Star Wars and Munsters have the goods, and newer stuff like GOTG and Walking Dead didn't. For the older stuff, I believe you just negotiate with the studio directly for the assets.

Note: I'm not talking about drawing an actor's likeness. For that, you've had to get approval on for a long time.

#421 4 years ago

Any official word on the designer? Elwin or Eddy?

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Keith Elwin continues to deliver.[quoted image]

Do you know that 100%?

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

hmm, what differences between pro and prem? all Im seeing is a moulded raptor on the left. liking the prem raptor art

Haven't seen the Premium feature screenshot yet. Looks like the T-Rex head is motorized.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why, in the name of Jesus’s butthole, does Stern INSIST on using these fucking ugly ass yellow cards? I mean really????[quoted image]

Yellow is the color humans notice first. It's to draw your eyes to the rules.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I just hope this isn't like the Hobbit when it comes to he T-Rex interaction with the ball. EVERYONE thought and assumed Smaug would interact with the game and he barely did anything. Would be awesome if the T-Rex does grab the ball or do something

Biggest disappointment with the Hobbit. What a waste.

#1090 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Another Jurassic Park! Hopefully the gameplay outweighs the theme.
Unlike BKSOR where the theme outweighs the gameplay.

Theme's already great.

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Just curious how Elwin was able to convince Stern to put so much in the game when other designers seem to have to strip more and more stuff out.. maybe they saved all the money on the assets?

It’s all how the designer shifts and allocates the BOM.

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think some older than dirt designers are just turning into one trick ponies. The more Steve strips out of a game, the bigger and fatter his next gold watch will be.

Nonsense.

#1578 4 years ago

I think the motorized T-Rex is cool, but not $1,900 cool. It also doesn’t seem to act as a ball lock, as Groot does.

A very solid Pro.

#1820 4 years ago

The thing I'm most curious about are the differences between the raptor pen on the Pro versus Premium. The matrix says the Premium has a "Motorized up/down target guarding the Raptor pen (ball captured behind the target operates as a newton ball when the target is hit)" So, does the Pro have just a large drop target in its place? Or no door at all? Or is the "Motorized up/down target" really the steel post that's on on the Premium, and the whole Newton ball thing happens beyond that point, and the Pro has the same door as the Premium on the outside?

The stream can't come soon enough!

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Both have an up post there. Premium/LE have a AFM style motorized target bank in front of that.

Would not appear so on the Pro. No post.

JurassicPark-Pro-Details-04 (resized).jpgJurassicPark-Pro-Details-04 (resized).jpg
#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm curious about the raptor pen on the Pro too. Obviously you don't get the drop bank door in the front, and the up post. But instead of the up post there seems to be a wire gate inside the pen, about where the up post would be.
I don't see any reason for that to be a switch gate, there is already a raptor stand up target at the back to register a full shot hit at the rear of the pen. But if it's not a controlled gate, it can't be a regular one way gate either, unless the rear-left side of the pin is open and it returns the ball out through the control room lane.
Anyone have any thoughts on that?
You can clearly see the wire gate in the pro detail shot of the pen here.
[quoted image]

Still looks like some kind of door or large drop target is there.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 8.53.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 8.53.11 PM (resized).png
#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks flat to me I think that’s just the art on the pro in place of the drop bank on the Prem/LE.

I'm worried about that. Not sure what the point of side stand-up targets are if the ball doesn't become contained in the Raptor pin.

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks flat to me I think that’s just the art on the pro in place of the drop bank on the Prem/LE.

I was wondering if it was a cheaper, large drop, as opposed to the motorized one on the Premium. That one makes it act like a newton ball when captured. Perhaps the Pro is just a drop.

#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I thought about that, but there is a shot in the video if paused just right, where you can see the target at the end of the command center lane, and there is clearly no pass through from the raptor pen. It would be behind said target with the positioning...

Actually, if you look close, it would be in front of the Control Room target on the left. That, combined with a rising post in the Control Room, might be how balls are locked.

Hit the Raptor shot, gates prevents exit, balls rolls into Control Room lane and is stopped by post that has popped up. Game does a "Ball Lock" sound and animation, then post drops and ball roll back out.

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

-In the pro it’s the butyrate plastic picture of a raptor. Gate doesn’t move. It looks like there’s a gate, because they had to fill the hole because the playfield is the same for all models. Standup target in the back.

There's definitely a gate there.

#1907 4 years ago

Took this screenshot from the trailer. Better view.

Yellow arrow shows Control Room standup target.

Red arrow shows where ball would roll out when stopped by gate.

Blue arrow shows post that would rise to catch ball to allow for "Ball Lock" sounds an animation, before releasing.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.16.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.16.10 PM (resized).png
#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Snapped a screenshot, zoomed, and lightened it a little. I don't see any way there is a pass through from the pen to the control room lane...[quoted image]

Can't make anything out from that pic. Sorry.

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There are no wire guides on the Pro like there is on the Premium at the top of the pit. Maybe it does divert to the left?

Great catch! You're right, the Premium has the guides on the left side because it locks the ball with its on rising post.

On the Pro, the rising post in the Control Room lane does double duty.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.31.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.31.16 PM (resized).png
#1916 4 years ago

Looks like Stern hired Wayne Knight for custom Nedry callouts.

Any other classic lines like "Must go faster" could be swapped out with the Pinball Browser.

I think I'm in!

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You mean Michael Knight?

No, this isn't a Knight Rider pin.

#1919 4 years ago

Also, should be easy enough for modders to make metal helicopter blades that interact with the ball like the Premium. Sure, the game won't acknowledge it, but the effect it cool to look at.

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Nice to see the ramps go through the backbox to create more space. I always wanted them to do this more since they will never do a widebody pin.

Stern does that quite often, actually.

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

I believe it too.
There's a set $$$ budget for each game design. If a designer such as Steve can bring a game to market under budget, I'm sure Stern kicks him (as well as other long time designers) a bonus. How else can you explain such a disasterous playfield design on the latest Black Knight, after designing Mega Hits with Williams Black Knight and BK2000. All the code updates and moving posts won't save the current Black Knight, it has no lasting player appeal.

Well, it's not a disastrous playfield, Ritchie doesn't get bonuses for cheapening his games, code updates have been great, and it will have lasting appeal.

Other than that, you're batting 1000.

#2900 4 years ago

Looks like a few of no-brainer mods could be made for this game. Better looking control tower for all models. For the Pro, helicopter blades that spin with the ball hits, Raptor replacement, perhaps some kind of T-Rex mod.

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So I didn't watch the entire stream was too chaotic with all those people playing and the dinosaurs costume.

Just keep your eyes on the right of the screen. You don't have to look at the people.

1 week later
#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

The helicopter blade is a horizontal optical spinner which will be attached to some rules in the prem/ le. I wouldn't recommend replacing it with a toy.

Not on the Pro. This will be a popular mod in my opinion for the Pro. The ball then can hit the propeller, even if it doesn't interact with the code.

#3288 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I do see dimples
[quoted image]

That's not dimples, that's Nedry's spraying spit when he laughs.

#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

No I was not in any way, I was just trying to provide some information. I didn't think he intended it in any way as homophobic or sexist. I was just trying to let him know in this day and age a lot of people would see it that way.
I do find it fascinating that, I tried to be polite and even mentioned that I have done this myself, I didn't thumbs down his post. Yet people are so triggered by my comments I'm getting the quotes and thumbs down.

Do these pins offend you?

67891156_10157491198328276_2387815200246988800_n (resized).jpg67891156_10157491198328276_2387815200246988800_n (resized).jpgimage-3 (resized).jpgimage-3 (resized).jpg
#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That is any way relevant? Feel free to PM me if you feel the need but lets leave this thread for Jurassic Park.

Now, suddenly, you're worried about staying on topic?

Funny dude.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.