OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Breaking Bad

#37 4 years ago

I’m hoping for a pro / premium / LE more cosmetic difference (see Star Trek) rather than a hugely different game experience (see GoT).

#717 4 years ago

looks/art it's kind of a step back (I mean from the gorgeous art on DP, Maiden, BK etc..) but the layout looks very feature packed and hopefully not a lot of difference between the pro and the premium.

#729 4 years ago

Hopefully this will be well produced (meaning call outs, display, lighting, rules, music). I have a great feeling that it will shoot well if the Iron Maiden is any indication.

#882 4 years ago

I honestly don’t believe this is the actual LE art, look for something better to be released this is probably a placeholder. Can’t believe the rear hinge is obscuring the main character of the game. I think the premium looks better.

A09E02DA-324E-40CA-B9AE-3DB485355778 (resized).jpegA09E02DA-324E-40CA-B9AE-3DB485355778 (resized).jpeg

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

The aftermarket pinblades are going to be essential purchase on this game in order to get that "world under glass" for pro and premium considering how packed this is with toys and mech. The pinblades are the only real drawcard for me on the LE

I understand this is a jungle environment and things blend in get obscured by foliage whatnot. To me that’s one reason why the premium stands out by taking the dinosaurs indoors it’s easier to see them.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from deibert:

Can someone try to explain this double captive ball?[quoted image]

Lower ball is not captive just picture taken while it’s in contact with captive ball.

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I downvoted it for "barron."
Also the dumb talk about "national media" coverage. Are we to believe a Stranger Things pin would end up on the evening news and bring millions of people flooding to play pinball for the first time in their lives? lol "ok."

Barron

#1080 4 years ago

I’m still hoping that all the art was a hoax and the real art will blow us away.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, if I was Stern I'd start rethinking this practice of showing the distributors early. Clearly they can't actually be trusted with it.

So they should give all the distributors a slightly different art package and see who leaks. That’s what Tyrion Lannister would do.

#1456 4 years ago

Holy cow!

Here I was debating DP or BM66 but this has got my attention. Not sure of all the details of the pro v premium and the Jeep newton balls looks as if the Jeep will change direction of travel not spin around.

Not sure all the ramps yet but I’m very interested and have the funds to add one.

#1591 4 years ago

That sound you hear is all the BK and Munsters pins dropping in price.

#1613 4 years ago

The feature matrix did it mention the color lightning effects at all?

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Jeep - Spinning ball/spring looks like over time it will wear down the clear coat, uneven wear.

Stern will install Mylar under that area.

#1664 4 years ago

I can’t see paying that much extra for the LE hardly anything extra. Likely for me the premium or pro.

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd rather NOT have movie clips. Although some amusing quotes might be nice.

Yep look at Stern PotC or TWD which has no movie call outs but it does a good job of the vibe of Pirates / TWD movies/TV show.

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looks like a fun game. 11 main shot lanes if I’m counting correctly:
Control room, Raptor cage, Tower, Left orbit, T-Rex, Spitter, Truck spinner, Amber/pop lane, Right ramp, Right orbit, Right scoop. Plus other targets. That seems like a lot of pinball.

This is something I love about Maiden too, how many shots you can get while still being not too tight. The trick is the middle of field cross shots.

I’m likely in for the premium while the LE has some features we can add like shaker, glass and side art. The plaque and autograph are not worth anything to me. LE should stand out like ST or AcDc have.

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is going to sell so big that its not even going to be funny. I bet the owners of these other pinball companies are shitting themselves about right now, if not they should be because this game just took away a shit ton of potential sales from them!
HOMERUN ALL THE WAY!!!

I can't help thinking of this scene where George Gomez is playing the part of Daniel Day Lewis.

Here is JJP who can't get out of their own way either by making games fast enough or by using proper assets or theme integration. I love JJP but they have made 5 pins in 8 years.

PotC they can not make enough of or make any profit if they did apparently. (edit if JJP could make more they would sell more but they don't want to).
TH a lot of people don't care for was a shit movie franchise to begin with.
Woz and DI is great but some people don't love the theme.
Wonka is half and half.

Anyway here is George Gomez talking to the other manufacturers.

#2022 4 years ago

TNA scoop eject has an auto ball saver for a second or so.

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Can you elaborate on what they cheapened? I don't see that much of a difference in quality between Avengers and the 10-15 games released before that.
Also, the whole center of the Avengers playfield sucks. It's an interesting/unique design, but it doesn't work, and the game is clunky as hell. I wouldn't use that as a basis for how modern Sterns play. That one is the exception, not the rule.

Some of the best pins have been made by Stern after Avengers like Metallica and ST to name two. It’s almost like a bad experience with a bad game like Avengers and he’s painting everything else with that brush.

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I can only imagine the downvotes, but here goes..
I think this game looks awesome, but the main dino on the Premium translite/backglass looks off to me. Something is weird with the angle/shading/position of his nose...the proportions don't look anatomically correct.
It's the angle of his head. The right side looks flat and smooshed.
Anybody seeing this?[quoted image]

Looks fine to me.

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Which artwork package do you think looks best? Which the worst?

I like the premium art package best.

#2104 4 years ago

No mistake if you wait and see. These will being made for a long time.

Might miss out on the fun new pin experience but might miss out on some initial frustration while waiting for code.

#2133 4 years ago

Tron and AcDc LE went up that’s it. I’m not really thinking BM66 went up at all. Weren’t they like $10k new? I’ve seen the BM66 for sale at $8900.

STLE has not gone down a lot but not gone up at all.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

This nearly made me cancel my DP premium order.
But think I will stay on course for DP. I will wait to see how this one pans.
Does anybody else think the shots may be a bit tight?

Hopefully not. Love Maiden no bad shots on that pin.

#2170 4 years ago

I’m maybe getting a Premium JP2 but also have an interest in Deadpool. Wondering if can manage both?

#2229 4 years ago

How does the ball comes out of shooter lane?

#2316 4 years ago

My only problem is that Jack is super positive of whatever game he’s streaming.

There is a place to be critical like SDTM reviews and not on a game presentation stream. But it almost seems like Jack is a paid Stern promoter.

#2888 4 years ago

watching the stream looks great. I'll likely get a premium.

My only small demerit was the chopper spinner didn't spin all that much a couple of spins (I'd prefer if it was a switch that was used to activate a drone-like motor to spin the rotor).

I think the call outs can be improved on but the game looks very fun especially since I love ramps and the side ramp is not too difficult to hit and I like the side loop as well.

I didn't watch 100 percent in detail but what is the shot on the right side of the jeep?

#2889 4 years ago

watching the stream looks great. I'll likely get a premium.

My only small demerit fro the pin was the chopper spinner didn't spin all that much a couple of spins (too bad it didn't activate a drone-like motor to spin them).

I think the call outs can be improved on but the game looks very fun especially since I love ramps and the side ramp is not too difficult to hit and I like the side loop as well.

#2891 4 years ago

I didn't catch how do you you track the Dinos on the map? I don't get the map (jeep direction) etc..

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

a little worried about play field damage along with the ball getting stuck. Probably ok in a home environment if it doesn't happen often, but could be a nightmare on location.

Yea I’m not too worried about ball hitting the PF happens a lot anyway in most pins heck SM web sling drops the ball a lot more often than T-Rex but who knows maybe Stern is using cheaper wood these days. Hopefully they put some Mylar in pop area from factory. Have done in past like in ST it’s unnoticeable and probably helps somewhat.

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Plenty of games where balls fall from height onto the Playfield.

Doesn’t the ball fall off clown head on CV?

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder what the default is. Definitely ads an element of randomness. Competition players will hate it.

Don’t know the ball lands up in the upper PF it not being thrown STM.

#2934 4 years ago

So I didn't watch the entire stream was too chaotic with all those people playing and the dinosaurs costume. Can someone explain the map how it works and how you can tell when a carnivore is approaching etc?

#2948 4 years ago

What are the rules about the raptor pen area?

What happens if you lock s ball there and then drain? The ball stays there for the next player? I guess a hit to a captive ball would count as a lock then.

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I almost took it in the stream that he really doesn't like that button, and it wasn't going to do anything meaningful in the game. I also got the idea that the code came together at the 11th hour before the stream, and there is a fair amount left to hash out yet.

Let’s hope there is not an X-wing type mode.

#3141 4 years ago

Where can I see high res pictures of the cabinet and translight for the various models?

1 week later
#3325 4 years ago

I think all Stern JP club should be in one thread. Not one LE one premium one pro. Also I’m not a fan of all JP games in one thread DE, Stern etc.

ST has a thread with STTNG and ST Stern which seems asinine to me.

Myself I started a Stern PotC thread and I never though hey let’s lump that with the JJP PotC thread.

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This very well may be my first NIB since Ironman...
A pro will be on location near me soon, but I am really interested in the premium.

I’m also going to pick one up pro v premium debate. I have a Maiden pro and played a lot of DP pro and while it’s true that it will leave something on the table compared to the premium, Stern pros are no joke and a good value.

I sold 2 pins STLE and Acdc premium (loaded) for $15k and could buy 3 pro pins (plus shakers) by adding another $1500.

Just think 3 (pros) $16k and change

DP
Maiden
JP

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Damn! I was so hoping it wasn't too hard for the casual player like my wife! I want to get another pin that she can have fun on. And she is definitely casual!

I'm surprised that my wife is playing pinball she never has before, she enjoys my DI more than any of my other pins.

#3494 4 years ago

So what does the action button do??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.