OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I just hope this isn't like the Hobbit when it comes to he T-Rex interaction with the ball. EVERYONE thought and assumed Smaug would interact with the game and he barely did anything. Would be awesome if the T-Rex does grab the ball or do something

Except Smaug also moves, talks with audio synced to an animated jaw, lights up, is highly detailed, and has 5 drops in front of it. Did a Hobbit land on your foot to make you hate the game so much? lol

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Thats what it looks like to me....it just coughs the balls out on the ramp.

Seems like it probably locks at the left ramp when the jaw lowers to grab the ball. That's what I'm hoping for, would be cool. Also, there's a dinosaur or two on the artwork that isn't from the 1st movie. I wonder if the pin covers the entire original trilogy or just the first film?

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I WISH they would've made it based on the books!
But yeah I'm 35 and it is my favorite franchise.

I don't understand why there is spinosaurus on the LE translight and over the right sling.
Also the premium translight Raptors have spines on the head like JP3.

Yeah, that's making we wonder if the game also covers the 2nd and 3rd movies. I'm guessing not based on the instruction card, maybe they are just tossed in there to add to the games artwork. However, I suppose there could be a generic T-Rex vs Spinosaurus mode that is similar to the scene from JP3 but just doesn't feature any assets from the 3rd movie.

#863 4 years ago

Game looks pretty cool, especially the pro. Hell, if Stern is remaking JP then there's hope a Back to the Future Trilogy pin will be made!

The instruction card mentions "control room" modes. In the movie during scenes in the control room we see the map of the island on a computer screen, this is the same map in the center of the playfield with all of the inserts. There appears to be 16-17 inserts on the island map. Are all of these control room modes? I would say a good number of them are. There's a few Jurassic Park T-Rex symbols on the map as well, these may match up to the "T-Rex Events" stated on the instruction card.

300px-Jurassic_Park_System (resized).png300px-Jurassic_Park_System (resized).png

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#951 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Getting pretty late in the day Where is the announcement that an announcement is coming tomorrow.

Need to first wait for the official IGN reveal article lol.

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I can't fathom the BOM on these 9K games. For that extra leap of 3K, you'd think the pinball industry could afford better sculpts and detail.
Hot Toys makes outstanding toys for $230. Even something half this scale amd quality, should cost a consumer an extra $150 within that 3K difference, yet man look at Tortuga Tom in Pirates or the Raptor or Rex here.
Couple that with animations, (obviously can't tell much from this game yet) that on average seem really low scale/budget, and I don't know how we pay as much as we do for home owner use. It's a wacky industry for sure.....
Edit: Yes, downvote and keep paying for toys that look like Dollar General discount aisle pooh....and those excellent Shrinky Dinks on the Pro, let's not forget those either!
When I eat at McDonald's, I realize and am okay with making a choice to eat poorly. When I buy a game with a Tortuga Tom or $3 Jeep, I'm doing the same.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. These games are not $500, $700, or $900 but rather $5,000+, $7,000+, and $9,000. Sometimes I wonder what the hell are we paying for when looking at new pins lol.

#1729 4 years ago

Yeah, if the pin contained film actor audio and video it would be all over the press release. The game is based off a movie from 1993 so I don't understand why there's isn't actor audio / video assets. I could understand not getting those assets for Jurassic World but not for a movie that is 25+ years old? Come on Stern. Hopefully there's at least callouts by an actor from the original film.

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Kaneda was on his FB page complaining about the T-rex eating a screw...
"Stern needs to learn how to HIDE THE SCREWS! I mean the freaking T-Rex is eating a FREAKING SCREW. Come on...this is lazy."
[quoted image]

Theres an opportunity for a mod, make it a screw cover that's the head of the lawyer that gets eaten. $50 a pop! Lol

#1863 4 years ago

Game looks cool but damn does Stern make some amatuer looking trailers compared to JJP. Then again JJP stopped making these types of trailers after Dialed In so maybe they cost too much to make. Probably easier and cheaper to make a basic trailer and let it be released on IGN for more exposure.

#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

FFS.
I guess no toy tears is a step in the right direction

Lol, like I said the game looks cool. It's a shame Stern's trailers always look so bad as I think they do their games a disservice. There's no showmanship to them. Then again, maybe trailers are not even needed anymore when live streams and news articles likely create more exposure.

#1874 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

After watching both just now, I would say that the Stern video does a better job of showing the gameplay features. The JJP video is mainly watching a non pinball player flail and fluf quotes of "lighting fast pinball action" cheese.

I can see your point. The Stern JP trailer looks like their best trailer to date. It's nice that they have the "pro" and premium / LE" sections to them.

#2246 4 years ago

Reading some posts about whether or not Stern JP LE will go up in value. In my opinion the main issue today with LE's going up in price is the already record high NIB price to begin with combined with high LE counts of 500 +. When Tron LE came out it wasn't $9k. The higher the price of an LE to begin with combined with high LE counts (500+) the less likelihood it will go up in value. With LE counts of 500+ it makes it even harder to go up in value unless the title is considered one of the best pins ever made and it has stellar code support.

Batman LE is a good example of a modern high priced LE going up in value thanks to a low production count, the game receiving high praise (after its code improved) and having incredible code support. The game was $10k at launch but only 240 were made. Personally I think an LE count of 250 or lower is the sweet spot for an LE to go up in value.

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

For once I have to agree with you Panzer but let us not forget JJP 500 unit run of CE at $12,500

You know what, for once I agree with you too lol. 500 CE's at $12.5k is just dumb. JJP is taking the collectibltiy factor out of their games with stupid high LE / CE counts.

#2423 4 years ago

Did anyone hear anything at the beginning of the stream regarding the rule structure and number of main modes?

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Quite possibly, but the pinball industry seems about ten years behind in visual animation quality. I can't imagine any of these companies want to pay much or give time to visual artists.

Yeah. Best animations in pinball still go to JJP / J.P for Dialed In / Pirates in my opinion, easily. The character animations on Dialed In mini LCD are incredible (plus multiple varieties for each character) along with the main LCD animations.

Stern's JP Jurassic Park has some really nice animations. The scenes of the car going through the park are cool as is the animated island map screen, both are high quality. The T-Rex water cup animation and main building animations look very rough though. Overall Stern has really stepped up their LCD animations.

#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What’s street price on a Premium?
I can pay $7,499 retail & get 2.625% credit card rewards to net a price of $7,302 shipped
Is anyone hearing better with a cash or wire transaction?

Can try a Chase Sapphire card, $500 cash back after spending $4k+. Can only use promotion once every 48 months (think they upped it from 24). I may have done that for a pin or two lol.

#2484 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

We get it, you’re a number one JJP fan boy leading their cheers. But honestly stop with your posting of promoting JJP in a Stern thread. It gets old. I’ve got family who does Disney animation for a living and their first comment when seeing JJP animations has been, what amateurs have done this work? Said Dialed In for example looked 10 years old, animations are so poor. JP animations are far superior from a professional viewpoint, than the 2 tables you mentioned. Although, I like POTC GUI. Just the rest of it is subpar, imo.

Now you are being a troll. I complimented Sterns JP animation work, looks great. I was just stating my opinion with what I believe are the best animations in pinball as others were discussing the topic. Also, I don't believe for a second you have family at Disney animation that said that yet you say JP animations are superior lol! Good one. Is that you Gary?

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Way cooler than what I was expecting. It looks fun to shoot and I appreciate Stern’s taking the risk to make custom video vs using movie scenes. I don’t want all the games I play to be the same and this feels so different than a standard 2 flipper Stern.Will be playing this when available but it is way too early to rate the game.

Yeah. The game comes across as very unique versus being a modified copy of another layout. Both of Keith's first two pins don't really look like anything else out there.

#2547 4 years ago

Stream archive is up on YouTube

#2553 4 years ago

Raptor Rap mode featured in game?

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just like JJP doesn't make a Pro, Stern doesn't make a CE. LE vs LE is a fair fight. Premium vs Standard is a fair fight. But it also means Pro vs nothing, and CE vs nothing.

Great point, that's a good way to look at it.

Taking a look at both Wonka and JP, and even reading the arguments for both, shows just how great of a time it is for pinball. Two awesome pins released within months of each other.

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sorry, but this makes no logical sense.
JJP has a pro, called by a different name, known as an SE. JJP specifically stated they lowered the price by $500 to make it somewhat more affordable for locations, to compete with a Stern Pro, which sells to the same category. Let’s face it, all JJP tables are sold at a much higher price tag, except the original Woz, which sold for $6,500. Now that was reasonable.

Dude. New JJP SE's should be compared to a Stern Premium, they are basically the same price. JJP doesn't make a pro.

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I can see that you and Panzer are both JJP fans and I wonder why you started a Stern thread and why Panzer trolls Stern threads. You both are illogical and cannot see the forest for the trees. Makes no logical sense in what you’re saying. 3 offerings from each company, but only with different names and price points. Both companies target the same 3 categories and is the reason they both offer 3 different table choices to those same category buyers.

You have been acting like the new #1 Stern fanboy over the past 24 hours. So I troll Stern threads because I said I think Dialed in and Pirates has the best animations in pinball (as the topic was being discussed) and then complimented Stern's animation work for JP? Get out of here with that crap. It was an opinion, if you don't like it downvote and state why you disagree but don't start insulting people.

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I would say Pro vs Standard - Premium vs JJP LE- Stern LE vs JJP CE Stern LE games and JJP CE games are run in similar numbers Pro and Standard are open-ended runs and neither Stern Premium or JJP le games will run 5000 units

No, a Stern Premium and JJP SE are now basically the same price. There isn't a JJP pro. Compare JJP CE to a Stern SLE if ya wish! You only want to compare a Stern Pro to a JJP SE to say the JJP game costs more lol.

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Don’t be silly, you know we’re talking about Willy Wonka.

Before you continue your pro Stern rampage we need to talk. Maybe you already know this but just incase you don't here it is. It's ok to make critical comments about a new game in a general thread. It's ok to question things about a new game in a general thread. It's not ok to attack or insult others in a general thread for making critical comments about a new release or questioning things about it.

Just because someone makes a critical comment about the game it doesn't mean they think it sucks. Those types of comments are normal when contemplating making a $6k - $9k pinball purchase of all things. For example, I have made both positive and critical comments about JP in this thread but right now I'm considering pre-ordering an LE. If you only want to see positive comments about JP I would suggest going to a club or fan thread for the game.

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

What is this signed plaque? Like a legitimate signed plaque? Thought that was just a cert and and the apron scribble..

Could be similar to Star Wars LE which features a metal plaque on the apron of the game signed by the designer.

#2838 4 years ago

One thing that is bugging me with JP is the lack of detailed 3D molds that blend in well with the rest of the game. Why is the tower literally several pieces of thin plastic with bare metal screw heads all over? Same goes for raptor, a bare metal screw head sticking out of its side and back... The helicopter blades on the premium come across as bare metal brackets from Home Depot with exposed screw heads and stickers applied. It's cheesy items like this that make stomaching a $6k - $9k price hard. That's a crazy amount of money to spend on a pin and this is the type of detail we get? I'm not saying the game sucks or anything (looks great), just discussing what Stern has chosen to put into the game.

Stern is capable of creating some great 3D molds. Just look at Ghostbusters, 3D molded library, molded Slimer, molded storage facility, molded city over pops. All of those items look very well done and help justify the price tag of the game. GB also features movie assets from both films, actor audio and has an actor from the films doing callouts so I would think its build of materials / licensing cost per game is even higher then JP.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But then the Firehouse was plastic print.
Same with The Wonka factory ball lock to the left. Wonka seems a bit short on molded toys also.
It’s just cheap and easy and I’m guessing they can do it in house with no minimum orders that a proper mold would need.

The firehouse may be the most basic piece / mold in GB but it is metal, contoured, and I think it has artwork printed on versus being a sticker. There's multiple other items in GB that are molded. With Wonka the gobstopper itself is a nice 3D mold (without exposed screw heads), the Wonkavision toy used a nice painted mold, and there's also the mold for the Wonka tower. The LE Wonkavator ball lock is the one item in that game I wish was molded better considering the price jump from SE to LE.

Quoted from delt31:

Stern GB to me represents their best effort. They got everything right.... Except code. With that hopefully being addressed it could be there best ever.

Yeah they did, seems like they went all out with that game and then someone said "let's not do that again" lol.

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes, very sure. Have owned GB and played tons of BM66. BM66 flows for days compared to GB. The right ramp on the premium didn't even work as designed. Needed to be lowered to get the ball to even be able to make the turn. Garbage design all around, from a designer who no one should be supporting any more.

Theres more to pinball then two standard ramps that return the ball directly to the flippers.

#3076 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never understood why people care about code versions in software. The number is an arbitrary distinction and only meaningful to the programmers. The game looked mostly complete on the stream except maybe some additional polish and possibly more wizard mode work. Stern's last few games have all been feature complete within two or so months of shipping.

Code version number can at least give potential customers and owners a sense of how complete the code currently is and how deep of a game it will be. Code that reaches a 1.0 revision typically means that every feature is at least in the game and playable (although it might not be complete). Later code revisions continue to add polish, add additional mode choreography (light shows, callouts, animations and timing all of them together), possibly adding more modes not defined by inserts, and of course bug fixes.

#3078 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

That translight is weak

Personally I think only the premium translite "makes sense" meaning that raptors would travel in packs and it makes sense that there's multiple of them on the translite. The pro translite looks off with what is supposed to be smaller dinosaur in the right corner that looks larger than the t-rex... The LE translite shows two of the largest dinosaurs in the original trilogy but the problem is the dinosaur on the right isn't in the first film at all which is what the game is based on. I think an image of a larger looming t-rex on its own with the vehicle would have been the better choice for LE artwork.

2 weeks later
#3397 4 years ago

I'm considering purchasing a premium and have been reading about the rules for the game. Can anyone confirm how many main modes are in the game (excluding multiballs and wizard modes)?

The article below mentions T-Rex events and control room modes. Has anyone heard how many of these are in the game? I like that there are 4 multiballs in the game and that's not including the 3 mini wizard modes. 3 mini wizard modes + a super wizard mode sounds great and that the game will have a lot of depth.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ruh row raggy
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Uh oh, better get Mirco!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.