OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I WISH they would've made it based on the books!

How do you know it’s not?

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Zero chance. If anyone else wants to do the work to get the Stern C&D feel free, but those days are behind me. And fair enough, they pay the license fees etc, within their rights to shut down people who don't. Not mad about it, just how it works now. Anyone can draw dinosaurs, but stick the JP logo on and it's got a target on it.
Any mods I do in the future will steer clear of trademark issues like that.
I will admit that the early look at the art isn't grabbing me, but I'd wait until proper high rez photos are out, and it's probably better lit up instead of mocked up. But at worst it's just good enough, there's nothing wrong with it. I looked at the artist's site, he clearly talented, it may come to life better when the details can be seen.

I might create something, depends if I decide to buy one of these. Although it would be dinosaur themed and refrain from violating any copyrights or trademarks.

#953 4 years ago

Are any distributors taking preorders?

#1231 4 years ago

Is it true that the T-rex has really been confirmed to swallow the ball? If true, very exciting!

#1382 4 years ago

Why are people alleging this has animations like Iron Maiden, instead of Black Knight Sword of Rage?

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Some of us married well.

What does that have to do with anything? Or do you mean with two salaries, there’s more disposable income that you can use to buy pinball machines. Sorry, not following?

#2069 4 years ago

Which artwork package do you think looks best? Which the worst?

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

The upper right flipper loop reminds me of the getaway 2

Why the Getaway specifically, as opposed to other right flipper loops like Shadow or Ripley's?

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my overall feeling remain more than positive
but right now i'm thinking to those who were complaining about the fact that (in GB) we're always starting/seeing WHO BROUGHT THE DOG ?
i understand that playing JP is as following a story, with a quite close script, in which you can change/jump right or left (when moving to the next level) to get some variety, but i'm not sure... really have to play this more than a lot & see what happends (or not) to me personaly

I suspect you will be able to advance to other (further paddocks, with better rewards) before deciding to activate the mode. So for example you could advance the MAP shots, taking a bit more time, then tackle one of the more difficult paddocks as your first mode. But I could be completely wrong, just my impression.

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The GB linear "bitching" came to my mind as well as I watched them start at the bottom of the map and move up. I don't know how they would "advance" up the map without playing the lower paddocks, based on Keith's description of left/right path progression.
Honestly though, I really couldn't follow the rules very well from just watching the stream (all of it on both games). Keith said he didn't want to give anything away, but I'm not sure that there is a whole lot to give away yet. Code looked pretty basic, but the layout and total number of shots/combos that could be made looked really good. 4 possible ramp shots + loops is pretty innovative.
I'm sure code will improve, and with so many shots, hopefully the depth comes. I just couldn't figure out why they were doing what they were doing without more dialog. Bottom line is I'm much more interested in this than IMDN. Can't wait to try it.

Are control room modes separate from the paddocks, or are they one in the same? My guess of how it worked assumed they were the same... keep progressing map shots, then when you get to the paddock of preference hit the control room shot to activate. I got this impression after reading the TWIP deep dive, but could be wrong.

#2938 4 years ago

Do you have to play each paddock you navigate to, or can you continue traveling to a harder distant paddock first?

#2988 4 years ago

Can someone please provide more detail on the control room modes? Curious to know more.

#3071 4 years ago

Does anyone have info on the control room modes?

#3092 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Since the ball is stopped in the left inlane for the Smart Missile countdown, I think it would be a cool touch to have the action button used to "launch the missle" (actuate the left flipper). It would have the same feel as firing the canon in AC/DC, etc, and be a nice throw-back to the DE JP Smart Missile button. Of course make it an option since there will be people who either hate the idea, or do not realize what is happening, so they can still use the left button too. Probably need to put in a ball save if set to action button only for those that do not understand what to do and watch the ball drain because of it. Or it could be as simple as being able to use either the left flipper button as usual, or get double points if you use the action button. That would be cool.

Wouldn't that require additional hardware to launch?

#3097 4 years ago

Are the LE’s sold out?

#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry...I didn't explain the idea well. It would simply turn the center button into the left flipper button temporarily. I was not suggesting an actual canon mechanism be used. Just a corny idea...but would be a little extra fun for the smart missile feature.

A gotcha, I was thinking you meant something like the phantom flipper from Monster Bash or Thing flipper from Adams Family.

#3132 4 years ago

Saw this in the Flagship Tiffany’s in NYC... LE Topper for someone. Not me, but someone.

F8BD98FB-C066-47D6-9B5B-11DA045FAD88 (resized).jpegF8BD98FB-C066-47D6-9B5B-11DA045FAD88 (resized).jpeg
#3154 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I played about 8 games on the Pro. I had a few scores over 100M, but the rest were well below that. The Stern rep told me that they couldn’t sell the Pros off the floor because there was a mistake in the artwork screening or something. Regardless, it looked great to me.
The ramps are buttery smooth, but not wide. It takes a few games to find the shots. I had trouble finding the tower shot, but I saw my friend hit it 4 times, so it can be done. The only reliable way to get the ball into the pops is a straight shot just past the right of the truck. A weak shot through the spinner will do it, but a stronger shot feeds the ball to the upper flipper. CHAOS multiball is crazy fun. The modes are somewhat basic but fun to play and lucrative. The raptor pit on the Pro is fine to me, the control room lock does the job. I didn’t see many people shooting for that anyway, as it’s a somewhat dangerous shot.
The art on this game is second only to IMDN Premium, which I also hope to own some day. Hiring great artists was a smart move by Stern.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for your post, can you share more info on the control room modes? How are they qualified/activated and what some of they are?

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I can get a game shipped to my home from 3 states away for cheaper than I can buy from you while driving to your location with a stack of cash in hand.

Are the Cointaker pins more expensive than from other distributors?

#3262 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So I have/had the opportunity to get JP pro here in Norway around a week from now, with air freight from Stern through my distributor. Was really contemplating this for the last days. Decided ultimately to hold off, and rather aim for the premium, by different reasons:
I believe the pro is just as fun as the premium, but with air freight the total price would be not too far off from a premium with sea freight (relatively speaking). And my main motivation for buying a pro would be it have it in a week. I thought if I would be that interested if choosing sea freight which would arrive here in around 4 weeks..and then it did not feel that important. So based on that I think I would be buying on the wrong premise.
Also, having an Iron Maiden premium and walkin dead premium, it would be sad no to continue my premium line, also until premium is ready to ship I can try pro and LE and settle on the version based on trying them. But Im sure Ill be happy either way
Just some friday morning rambling from NorwaY!

Ok.

#3307 4 years ago

Where does this fascination with Jeff Goldblum come from?

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Goldblum's turn as a beefcake was a surprise to many. He started his career in nerd/dork roles (The Big Chill), but worked out and got buff for The Fly. That role (Seth Brundle) was still nerdy, but more brilliant/nerdy and, thanks to his sculpted bod', perhaps even "hot." At that time he also married sexpot Gena Davis and suddenly he was equal parts dork and beefcake. Spielberg was probably aware of this arc and chose to give him that scene in JP where he reclines like a pinup on the couch. My hunch is that his story inspires Pinsiders because he's the dork that actually got some play. Lesson: work out, get confident, marry a babe, don't look back.

Thank you, good explanation.

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Maybe, but Goldblum has been married a few times, like Dr. Malcolm:
Dr. Alan Grant : You're married?
Dr. Ian Malcolm : Occasionally. Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm.
Goldblum is one of the best characters in the first movie, with great quotable lines. He is the conscience of the movie: "Don't you see the danger, John, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun." He is brilliant, that's what attracts the audience in. But also good looking, so why not. Unfortunately, he is decommissioned half way through from an injury...
Some more quotes:
John Hammond : All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!
Dr. Ian Malcolm : Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.
Dr. Ian Malcolm : God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

So I guess a few of you will want this as a topper: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/jurassic-park-ian-malcolm-chronicle-collectibles-904083

63D103B6-CA21-44E9-87E5-BE69C82B8B11 (resized).jpeg63D103B6-CA21-44E9-87E5-BE69C82B8B11 (resized).jpeg
#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My Maiden has 6 way combos
Edit: not that I ever actually hit them

My Shadow has a 7 way combo.

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ruh row raggy
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So there are problems with the Jurassic Park clear?

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Man if it doesn’t have more use that to pick a control room mode (which you could have done with the flippers) and just possibly launch the smart middle that’s lame as hell and the button shouldn’t have been put in the game.

No Tie Fighter button Jamming please (I.e. run from T-Rex like with Junkyard’s Spike).

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I have similar clear coat mounding at some of the posts on my iron maiden. Not ideal, but no cause to run for the hills IMO. It's a pretty minor thing which no normal person notices. The only people who would even look close enough to inspect for such defects are Pinside lurkers. Everyone else is too busy playing the pin and having a great time.
This is simply another manufacturing defect, like the peeling head decals, which will get sorted out eventually. In the meantime I will contine to fully enjoy all the new titles without freaking out.
P.s. if your pin has some clear coat mounding at the post don't go poking and prodding at it. That can make it chip. The ball can't touch it.

Could possibly affect the amount of money you get from a resale though if the buyers are aware and concerned about potential issues. If no plans to re-sell and you are comfortable then all good!

#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

My LE spot is up for grabs at cost, message me if interested.

How is a LE preorder transferred?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.