OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

FWIW: Was talking to Gary Flower earlier today and he's expecting James Bond to be announced. This is mostly based on Gary Stern's presentation for selected distributors at EAG in January, where he told distributors a James Bond game will be out this year. He actually did the announcement asking who is ready for Jaws and then showed a photo of the Jaws character from the James Bond movies. Let's see if Gary is right.

Hmm. This is telling. I mean, even if tomorrow isn't Bond, the idea that, to Gary Stern, a Bond-themed pin must include the assassin Jaws tells me a Bond pin is likely to focus on Roger Moore's run. Is that good? Is that bad? I don't really know, but when you consider that Moore's run spanned from '73 to '85, it's certainly old enough to appeal to no one under forty-five. And how would Jaws be utilized on a pinball playfield, anyhow? His schtick is to mortally bite his targets. Whom would he bite in this case? You? The ball? Jaws was the original "grille." Perhaps the game could have a Beast Mode, a la Marshawn Lynch.

#165 4 years ago

Giving up?

At what point do we conclude that today is *not* the reveal?

Don't Stern's Tuesday reveals happen in the late morning, Central Time?

If it *were* going to happen today at, say, 10:30, someone at Stern would by now have said, "Hey, what are you all doing this morning at 10:30?" That kind of thing. And yet it's quiet as a crypt over there.

It looks like we're pushed a week. Drat!

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

And the big question, Clips from movies. Nada.....All hand drawn displays like Deadpool Iron Maiden, and Black Knight. The John Williams score is there.
Looking forward to see this in action. It's like a fresh take on a classic license, I think it's great.

"I think it's great," he says. MNPinball, some of you may remember, was among the first to declare the brilliance of IMDN. Seeing it in advance of the rest of us non-industry-insiders, he gushed about it. The hyperbole flowed like water in his descriptions. And here we have a second Elwin layout and in response to it MNPinball has only, "I think it's great." This worries me.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have found that if MNpinball is genuinely excited, then it often means good things

My point exactly. His enthusiasm this time around seems tepid.

#273 4 years ago

Kenada's low-res "spy" image shows a layout with *lots* of elevation. Those wireforms are high off the PF!

#699 4 years ago

Features matrix, please.

#1086 4 years ago

What time is this reveal expected to happen? Ten-thirty Central Time?

It's quiet on IGN's News page:

https://www.ign.com/articles?tags=news

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't agree on the geometry being 'flawless'. I found the upper lane shots were not fun or easy.
Rob

+1

#1299 4 years ago

JP Premiums ship...when?

End of August?

Mid-September?

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Total guesstimate around end of September.

Thanks.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I can only imagine the downvotes, but here goes..
I think this game looks awesome, but the main dino on the Premium translite/backglass looks off to me. Something is weird with the angle/shading/position of his nose...the proportions don't look anatomically correct.
It's the angle of his head. The right side looks flat and smooshed.
Anybody seeing this?[quoted image]

You know, I am *very* excited about just about everything to do with this game, but you have a point...

The Premium translite has the least impressive art of any part of any version - which is a bummer. There's no denying that the foreshortening of the dino' on the left is - well, not great. But you know, the colors on the PF just pop like crazy. Add those great LE artblades to your Premium (or PRO) and you've got some standout art for sure. Heck, I bet a PRO translite would look great in a Premium head. Johnny Crap's webpage had me thinking his style was a lot more amateurish ("high school," perhaps?), but for the majority of these art packages he raised his game. Overall, I'll call him a welcome addition to the art department at Stern. Go, Crap!

#2141 4 years ago

Crushing Loops: How Difficult?

When I watched the gameplay trailer, I was relieved to see, in the very first shot of the ball on the PF, a loop shoot like that of IMDN. But when I look closely at the entrance to the orbit on the left side of the PF, just above the inlet to the ramp beneath the tower, it seems tight enough to make multiple consecutive loops *very* difficult. It's stringing together loops in rapid succession that is the most fun. I can foresee the majority of my loop attempts ending up in that ramp inlet instead. The Warp Ramp on ST, by contrast, has a large mouth - and I need every bit of that to string together loops. KME likes to make the shots on his games as hard as he would prefer them himself - which, for the best player in the world, can be exceedingly tight/hard. The shot through the pops to that standup target at the very back of the PF is another one that will demand an elusive degree of precision.

JP.mid.PF.left (resized).jpgJP.mid.PF.left (resized).jpg
#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’d probably pick Nedry over anyone else for callouts anyway, because his character is hilarious and this could prove to be excellent.
My point earlier wasn’t that movies assets were better, just that Pinside has been highly critical and intolerant of games that didn’t use them (Avengers to name an obvious example). With a franchise as massive as Jurassic Park, I’m surprised there’s isnt more disappointment or outrage.
But I know full well Jurassic Park 2 can still be an excellent game. Avengers is, cartoon callouts and all. And so is Deadpool, to cite a more recent example.
JP2 is looking good.

I agree. That actor is funny. I also think he'd bring better callouts than even Jeff Goldblum.

#2215 4 years ago

Skill Shots?

Any ideas on the skill shots from the plunge? IMDN is loaded with them. Expecting more of same. Shooter lane sends the ball into the right orbit, no? Where does it go from there? Does it follow the orbit wall all the way to the outlet above the Tower ramp? Is there a soft-plunge skill shot somewhere up top? Yeah, I realize the smart thing in this case is to wait for KME to tell us tomorrow, but maybe some of you PF scrutinizers know something we don't.

#2221 4 years ago

Thanks, Lapean. I was *way* off!

That suggests skill shots will have to be shots from the right flipper - which, to me, aren't really plunged skill-shots. Metallica's full-plunge skill shot is another example of a skill shot from the flipper rather than from the plunge.

#2824 4 years ago

Opinions Sought: Raptor Pen Comparison: PRO vs Premium

To those of you who watched the Deadflip stream with care, what is your opinion on the Raptor pens between the two models? Keith described the Premium's pen as "Dirty Pool," a la AFM. I see the reference. Still, does the gate in front of the pen that retains the ball, as well as the up/down post, add up to more fun? The PRO allows the ball the trickle out the back of the pen and down the Control Room lane to the left flipper. I read the features matrix carefully and the additional up/down post in the pen, along with the gate, the responsive raptor sculpt, the animatronic T.Rex, and the kinetic helicopter blade are all that separate the two versions. There isn't any mention of a better light show on the Premium either this time. I'm fine with forgoing the T.Rex, but I do like the helicopter blade (if it has a switch and triggers a sound). I'm on the fence re: the two pen designs. The PRO's pen "flows," since the ball trickles out with every hit and becomes available for a flip almost immediately. Do you consider the chance for "dirty pool" there worthwhile? The pen mech takes up a fairly big swath of playfield. I guess I would like to have the significantly better design if there is one.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

<snip>
Lastly I would have loved to see some custom GI, (or more RGB) work like they did with Star Wars on the color modes esp.. during T-rex rampage or multiball.

I agree. An opportunity for some creative light shows in different modes was missed. I would call the light show a bit uninspired, frankly. I mean, all jackpots have all the inserts and GI flashing. No sweeps. No spirals. No radiating rays. Just flashing in unison. That's lazy coding to me. I love better light shows. I would wager that the same coder for IMDN's light show was hired here. Jackpots are lit the same way in both. And certainly RGB inserts would have been great. Don't we pay for them in the Premium package? Where are they?

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I mean, do you really need to ask? The guy has two pirates!

Now I'm worried...about you! Did you make this clip? I'm sending the orderlies. They will take you to your new "room." It has soft, mattress-covered walls and floor. A special jacket will be provided. (Think: Eddie) You will be safe there, but I think an expense or two will be spared.

1 week later
#3310 4 years ago

Goldblum's turn as a beefcake was a surprise to many. He started his career in nerd/dork roles (The Big Chill), but worked out and got buff for The Fly. That role (Seth Brundle) was still nerdy, but more brilliant/nerdy and, thanks to his sculpted bod', perhaps even "hot." At that time he also married sexpot Gena Davis and suddenly he was equal parts dork and beefcake. Spielberg was probably aware of this arc and chose to give him that scene in JP where he reclines like a pinup on the couch. My hunch is that his story inspires Pinsiders because he's the dork that actually got some play. Lesson: work out, get confident, marry a babe, don't look back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.