New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 247792)

Next Stern title is JP2 Jurassic Park

By Whysnow

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3,615 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1187187 (resized).jpg
2D753FE8-9E2E-404B-B81C-2095AF0773F0 (resized).jpeg
enema-1553255444 (resized).jpg
E1F1D222-E3E5-4C7E-A6D7-E06DAA62D0F4 (resized).png
schmittsgay.gif
farleyangry.gif
BE63333A-2982-43A0-A5B5-7BD0351A494A (resized).jpeg
OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (1 year ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (1 year ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jacksparrow0112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2611 1 year ago

Congrats Keith and Stern on delivering such an amazing title! My wife and I are just getting into the obsession that is pinball and last night's stream was the first one we ever watched. It was very well done Jack. We are realistically 1-2 years away from purchasing our first pin for the home, but I am pretty sure this will be the one we go with. I am a lifelong JP fan, and have 2 young boys who love the movies as well. Our entire family was crowded around the TV last night watching the stream, laughing out loud at some of the amazing humor (extra ball animation is our favorite) and just getting excited to one day own this as our first pin. Luckily the arcade 2 miles down the road already posted that they have a pro version ordered. That should hold me over for a while! Anyway, happy to see so much love for this game on Pinside and hope the flipping experience lives up to how fun this looks.

#2678 1 year ago

Hoping someone here can help explain the rules around crew rescues. During the stream I seem to recall something about flashing lights on the play field and the speed at which they move or blink varies depending on the danger posed by the dinosaur (herbivore vs. carnivore). Every time they started a crew rescue mission/mode (relatively new to this hobby so still picking up lingo) the animation looked like augmented reality showing the crew member and dinosaur (usually a Spinosaurus I think) standing on the right side of the playfield. How does this all work? Apologies if I missed this but it seemed to be the one part of the game I couldn't grasp while watching the stream. Thanks in advance!

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

If you listen very closely, it is the sounds of the Dilophosaurus that killed Nedry. It is the sound when he tries to have the dinosaur fetch a stick. Then it keeps following him and eventually he meets his demise.

This is exactly what I thought. I like the sound they used for the Dilophosaurus spinner because it is true to the film. The only other sound I can recall that dino making is the aggressive roar before it spits at Nedry in the Jeep. That could work too I guess, but I prefer how it is today.

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from deibert:

From what I could tell from the stream, each dinosaur "mission" has an increasing amount of people to rescue (orange shots). The dinosaur (a slow roving green shot) moves around the playfield. If an orange rescue shot is not made in time, the dinosaur reaches a person on the island (a rescue shot) and mode/mission ends. I believe the countdown voice was time left to make the rescue before dinosaur wins. It also seems like certain breeds of dinosaurs have the power to move more quickly around the playfield, and some can't be stunned. Completing a mode/mission provides unique scoring opportunities throughout the rest of the game (not just the ball) such as more scoring on pop, easier in-lane rules, etc.

Great! Thanks for clearing this up for me. That seems to match what they were doing in the stream.

#2864 1 year ago

Had to do some research to figure out what this random item on Nedry's desk was? I have seen the movie probably 50+ times and never noticed it before so was wondering if it was a pinball easter egg or something. Turns out that it is in the movie and is a stress relief squeeze toy that can be seen in some shots of the desk. When you squeeze it, the eyes and ears bulge out. Thought this was interesting so passing it along for your information. Do with it what you will

Desk (resized).JPGDesk 2 (resized).JPG
#2896 1 year ago

Thanks for the shared link to this image gallery. Here are 5 photos I found really helpful and are playfield angles I don't think I have seen before. Taking a look from a lower perspective gives a better sense of what were will eventually be shooting at. One thing that jumped out to me from these photos is the height of the faux-jeep over the newton ball mech that spins it. These images help show how that works. I was also wondering about the raptor cage wires that cover the pen area. Originally I thought these were actual wires stretched over that area and now can better see these are decals over a clear plastic roof. Wanted to share these on here for those who are interested in different angles of the playfield. NOTE: Go to the ING link to get HD photos of these areas.
IMG_0188 (resized).PNGIMG_0189 (resized).PNGIMG_0190 (resized).PNGIMG_0191 (resized).PNGIMG_0192 (resized).PNG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jacksparrow0112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside