OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, original JP game was reasonably popular so people that are none pinheads will remember it.

Didn’t they sell like 9,000 of them? I’d say that the original JP was extremely popular.

1 week later
#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Oh come on, you know the type....Always the life of the party with a booming voice, rumors of a huge c**k, with always the hottest chicks in tow while you sit in the corner wishing you could...

Don’t sell him short (edited).

#2275 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Your wife spilled the beans, didn't she?

Somebody spilled the bag of dicks, that’s for sure.

#2708 4 years ago

I have nothing new to add, but the game looks great, stream was a lot of fun to watch, and I can't wait to play this one on location. Crossing my fingers that some local operators go for the Premium over (or in addition to) the Pro, as I'd like to see the ball-flinging T-Rex in person.

#2761 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would be cool if you could land on another players location and somehow do damage to him or his progress.

Love this idea, since the skill shots add to the ballsave timer maybe you could decrease the other players' timers?

1 week later
#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Plus most of the boards cannot be repaired by hand.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Logic would support that repairs won't happen at all, like my post clearly states.

Where are you getting this from? I know very little about board repair but have followed this topic on Pinside. I believe I've seen posts from Pinsiders that work with modern surface mount boards in their day jobs suggesting that Stern's node boards are absolutely repairable "by hand." The issue as I understand it is that pin owners who are accustomed to doing their own repairs on B/W, Whitestar, and SAM boards lack the equipment (hot air rework station) and experience to do it. Assuming what I've read is correct, we should see people with the necessary skills and equipment start to offer repair services on node boards once they begin to fail in sufficient numbers and are no longer being replaced by Stern under their seemingly pretty generous unwritten warranty.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

From what I've read, there are chips on them that have proprietary data that has not been released. If they go bad, you gotta pay.

This seems like the more pressing issue.

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Has anyone had to pay for a replacement board yet? I mean a true replacement for a bad one, not a spare to have on hand. Honest question...not being snarky. I have only heard of people getting them replaced for free (including myself).

There was a guy that bought a node board a year or two back for a KISS but my impression was he took Stern's skimpy written warranty at face value and didn't push to get it covered. I don't remember reading about others but there may have been.

More discussion on node board repairability here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/node-board-failure-how-common

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Both places have sales tax figured in. One includes shipping, no shipping if I pick up from CT.

My impression is Stern allows distributors to offer free shipping (so no one should ever be paying shipping on a NIB Stern) but won't allow them to sell below a set floor price, even on a pickup order where they don't have to pay for shipping. So you picking your game up saves CT a couple of hundred but Stern won't let them pass the savings on to you.

[EDIT: guy below me has the more logical take, Stern drop-ships either way so probably no savings to the distributor if you buy from them vs shipping]

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm getting it from pinside, in threads like the one posted above. I also own imdn and can physically look at the boards. I've done alot of board repair, and these are not repairable by most who could repair Sam games. Watch the Aussie guy bitch about it on YouTube if you want to hear it from an experienced router. I'm not trying to bash Stern or be aggressive about node boards. A guy asked if they are a potential issue, and the jury is out on it. I own a spike game, and I'm not excited about boards I can't repair. The proprietary data makes the repair discussion moot anyway.
My question to you is, do you really believe the boards are going to last forever and that Sterns unwritten warranty is infinite?

There's been a lot of hyperbole on the topic of node boards. If you'd said "the jury is still out on node boards" in your first post I'd be fine with that. But there's a difference between "me and a cranky Aussie distributor that got cut out by Stern can't fix these boards ourselves" and "they cannot be repaired by human hand." Multiple people who are familiar with surface mount technology say these boards can in fact be worked on, and I haven't seen that refuted anywhere.

I agree propriety chips are a potential concern -- if you have one of those chips go bad you're probably hosed unless Stern starts selling them individually or releases the data needed to recreate them. But I don't see how that would impact other types of board repair like replacing transistors, reflowing solder, etc.

So yes, the jury is out, but there's no benefit to anyone in spreading the (seemingly incorrect) story that node boards cannot be worked on.

#3211 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I need a board repaired on my GB...Its a bout 140 to replace. Would love to have him repair but at 90 plus shipping both ways and prob 3-4 week turnaround its prob better to buy a new one.

How old is the game? Did you try to get Stern to replace for free?

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Buy a game on ebay & it's $7200 after CC rewards + ebay bucks rewards. Maybe $7100?
Is anyone getting JP for less than $7100?
If not then just buy the shit on ebay unless trading with a dealer. I may trade one of my games towards Elvira if it's worth the convenience costs.

Do you get good distributor support when buying through eBay (I'm assuming it's just the usual Stern dealers selling there as well)? Seems like distributors can be very helpful if you run into any tech or warranty issues down the line.

#3269 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Don't lump all of us. I have no delussions of the DE being the best ever or holding a candle to the new one. But at the same time I am not sure I can let it go because it is a really fun game which integrates the movie well. Ideally I would love to have them side-by-side...at least for awhile!

I'm with this guy. Just knowing that Keith designed the table you had to know Stern JP was going to shoot better, and the video bears that out. And I view the "borrowed" elements, like tri-ball and the smart missile, as a nice little tribute and not a rip-off. But DE JP still has an excellent sound package and DMD animations, and really captures the feel of the first film nicely. Plus the original T-Rex remains one of the coolest mechs in pinball. So it's all good, there's room for both games in the world even though Stern JP will inarguably play better.

#3272 4 years ago

Have they revealed the topper yet? Still time ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.