Topic Stats

• 3,615 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pic1187187 (resized).jpg
2D753FE8-9E2E-404B-B81C-2095AF0773F0 (resized).jpeg
enema-1553255444 (resized).jpg
E1F1D222-E3E5-4C7E-A6D7-E06DAA62D0F4 (resized).png
schmittsgay.gif
farleyangry.gif
BE63333A-2982-43A0-A5B5-7BD0351A494A (resized).jpeg
OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (5 months ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (5 months ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#374 5 months ago
Quoted from Decker1756:

Who took that photo? Why are they using such a horrible camera in 2019? Reminiscent of a blurry big foot pic or grainy ufo footage. You'd have to purposefully go out of your way to somehow capture the whole playfield and yet hide the image

It's because it is probably a low res image from a flyer that someone blew up to a huge size. Doesn't mean it's a bad photo on a crappy camera.

#429 5 months ago

I will definitely be adding sound clips via pinball browser unless someone else comes up with a mod first.

#435 5 months ago

I'm in on a premium

#438 5 months ago
Quoted from libtech:

hmm, what differences between pro and prem? all Im seeing is a moulded raptor on the left. liking the prem raptor art

On premium/LE the tyranasaurus head moves and will eat the ball. On the pro it's just static for looks.

#454 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are you 100% on this? If so how do you not get the prem or le. That means longer wait time. Damn

It looks like it MIGHT still open it's mouth? But not sure. Definitely won't look back and forth though.

Honestly I am STOKED at the pics. Movie sounds can be added and my hat is off to stern for making the decision to spend money on the playfield instead of licensed movie sounds, knowing full well that their code is "open" and can be modified by anyone to add in any sounds we so desire!

#459 5 months ago

It appears to me that the premium and LE also have a drop target bank in front of the raptor cage, similar to AFM, that drops down and allows you to then hit the inside.

#956 5 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Yes, Some are sold out of LE’s already

Which distributors are sold out of LE's already. I find that hard to believe. :p

#969 5 months ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Yes. That is shocking... What’s LE about it? Green? Customize your own shit.

I was referring to the fact that distributors don't even know their allotments yet so how can they "sell out" of what they don't have. :p

#972 5 months ago
Quoted from tpir:

Because they don't know their allotments yet so they set their "sold out" threshold extremely low
Wondering if the ball in the T-Rex's throat in that picture is permanent and it magnetically grabs the other ones.

I'd still like to know which distributors are sold out so I know where not to go.

#977 5 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

What is the definition of eating the ball? Does the dinosaur have to swallow it or if it chews it a few times and spits it out be acceptable ?

So, you're asking spit or swallow? I'd vote swallow.

#1010 5 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

By the time I read this, this had 33 downvotes and no upvotes. WTF is going on on Pinside now? This is NOT an immflamatory post! True, Mr. Dr. Frightener has posted plenty of polemic stuff, it not this. Clearly people are just downvoting without reading.
Be better Pinside. In fact, Be Best.

Got downvotes probably because it's super long and also people probably disagree with a lot of his opinions he stated as facts.

#1084 5 months ago
Quoted from Kisco:

If you look very close at the captive balls, they do look like they are joined together. Also, in every photo the pinballs are always next to each other so I don't believe that it is just for demonstration purposes that they are next to each other. I think they modified the Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Premium/LE) "Newton Ball" because in every photo the lower ball is always in the same spot, but not the upper ball which is where the idea of hitting the ball to turn the truck seems reasonable. It does say on the rule card under the section "PADDOCKS": "Direction of TRUCK determines map path."
Also I noticed from the photos that the premium seems to have more red details on the truck, playfield, and arrow inserts around the captive ball when compared to the pro.[quoted image]

So, in other words, when you hit the captive ball hard enough, the jeep spins around to the other side of the captive ball. Kind of a cool little trick.

#1312 5 months ago

I can’t tell if this Jurassic park thread is now a wonka thread or an avengers thread.

#1659 5 months ago

I was in on a premium before the official reveal, and after the official reveal I am still totally in on a premium. Already placed my order, cannot wait!

#1683 5 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

Usually a few hundred dollars discount. Check with zmeny at Flip N Out pinball

I second Zach he is the best.

#1713 5 months ago

LE's are gonna sell all 500 easy and fast I'm sure.

#1736 5 months ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Hi, I'm the author of this piece, and every other pinball news story in recent times on IGN. We never publish just a press release for Stern stuff. We always write an original news story with a hot take or two Usually we get an interview to pair it with, which is nice (check out the Black Knight announcement I did).
Speaking of interviews, I just updated this piece with some news about call-outs and use of movie clips:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/26/first-images-video-of-jurassic-park-pinball-from-stern-2019

Did they hire the actor to do ALL of the actual callouts? Or did they just snip stuff from the movie and then fill in pinball related callouts like "Jackpot" with a sound-alike?

#1792 5 months ago
Quoted from tpir:

Here is your millennial interest sampling:[quoted image]

Those are millenials without money. Not all millenials are jobless poor snowflakes.

#1794 5 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WANT

#1850 5 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So expected premium production and shipping is...October? What is the consensus?

Late September

#2338 5 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Episode 97: Stern’s Jurassic Park Pinball First Impressions
SDTM Greg is the biggest JP fan in pinball! Is he gonna buy or is he gonna pass? What are your thoughts on this dynamic new offering from Stern Pinball?

I'm a bigger JP fan than Greg. :p

#2405 5 months ago

Fantastic looking. Awesome animations. Can’t wait to get mine. This is how you code a pin!! Game of the year so far by a long shot. One question, I thought Nedry did callouts or something? Other than “ah ah ah” I haven’t heard him at all?

#2420 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Man, a lot of fun ideas here, though budget and execution still look like PS3 era quality or lower visuals. But those modes look really fun, and this looks exciting to play!!!

Best animations I’ve seen in a pinball to date.

#2666 5 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Sorry, but this game beats WW in every category and it’s not even close, although they both shoot well. Especially price! JJP equivalent to Stern LE is their CE. Both set at maximum of 500 units. WW sells for a whopping $3,500.00 more than a Stern LE, which is more loaded than WW. The big toy of WW, the gobbstopper, doesn’t even touch the ball, it just spins around. The big toy of JP is a fully animatronic T-Rex that follows the ball, eats the ball, spits the ball out, lays the ball down in a lane or throws the ball randomly onto the playfield. Awesome ball interaction, which is what pinball is all about. Gobbstopper spins and never touches the ball. Is that spinning toy worth more at WW $7,500 to $12,500.00 price tag, instead of JP’s $5,500 to $9,000 with actual ball interactive toys: of our hard earned money???
(Only JJP fan boys will down vote the truth, lol.)

I'm a huge JJP fan and agree with you completely. JP2 crushes Wonka in every way.

1 week later
#3219 5 months ago

Stern posted Facebook video boxing up the first JP.

#3318 5 months ago

You have no idea how much will power it’s taking to not buy that right now.

1 week later
#3422 5 months ago
Quoted from pickleric:

So are we saying Stern is in the clear here?

No, there is clearcoat bubble/pooling around the posts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside