OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 4 years ago

This week in pinball podcast, seemed pretty set on jurasic park.
A rewamp of LOTR with the same kind of integration as hobbit with better art then the original would be great.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It's Jurassic Park "classic". Looks great. If you like Congo/STtNG the layout looks great from my first impression.

great news. looking forward to lcd integration and a really great playfield.
pics?

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

www.johnnycrap.com here is the artist on the pin if you want to check out his work.

Dont like for dino-pin. Looks more like a bad-lsd trip pin.

#216 4 years ago

So psychotropic art and no movie-clips?

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The theme seems to be a winner

What theme?
Cartoon dinosaurs?

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Instruction card says:
" I like this approach, gives more creative freedom to the design of the pin. Similar approach as Deadpool (not just basing it directly on the movies).

Yea the deadpool animations are truuuly awesome. I especially likes the ones where he looks like he´s f-ing a pinball machine, so well made.

Maybe they can reuse them leet animations at 33.26 into this clip for it´s spectacular and engaging look.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Who is 'Hedry'? Is this just a simple misspelling of the Dennis Nedry character as acted by Wayne Knight? Or someone else from the JP franchise that I'm not familiar with?

Today the stern fans dont care much for theme, it´s all about gameplay.
It´s kind of strange, since all the talk over the last weeks, has been all about theme.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Seems appropriate you are from a place called Trollhattan

Well, i´m planning on maybe moving to the us, i´ve heard there are lots of opening on sterns animation division, apparently they´ve run out of blind six-year olds.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Theme for show, play for dough.

Might be right, but if you look around in all the threads prior to release, there are not many of them discussing their hopes for optospinners, ramps, upper playfields etc etc.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t mind this tbh. Gives a whole lot more freedom to the coders. Not sure I want it in every game though.
Batman 66 is looking more and more like a unicorn in the pinball world.

Thats interesting, cause all the threads before release was about what theme it will be?
Now when the cat is out of the bag and the theme is so severe crippled, that it more reminds of a picturebook about dinos for 10 year olds, suddenly theme is not important but artistic freedom, ramps, gameplay etc is everything (none of it was mentioned before in pre-threads)

In short it´s interesting to se all the Stern-fans out in force, all assuring it will be great (i really hope it will, but certainly not because of the assets)
How about no theme at all, for the ultimate artistic freedom?

In the pre-threads i hoped and expressed my view on how great it would be with a lcd update to LOTR with the same handling as jjp´s hobbit.
Maybe a futile hope?

It´s saddening to see how difficult it seem to be to secure movie assets/theme for pinball, cause in some way it kind of mirror movie companies view on pinball?

#1454 4 years ago

ROFL that was terrible

#1476 4 years ago

The fridge with wheels on looks interesting, some totanesque spinning with a ball lock?

#1477 4 years ago

The animation (helicopter and island) looks terrible.

#1506 4 years ago

Hope it shoots nice, that part of it looks really good. Not sold on the art bit.

#1519 4 years ago

The limited cab looks the best, but the pro is better looking then the premium imo.

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Lol gonna be worried about a trex that literally destroys its own playfield and plastics throwing the ball around.

That would make for an awesome trailer. The t-rex head grabs the ball, spits it out thru the side and continues smashing thru the glass, biting the head of the player.

That´s freekin dino pinball!

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That would make for an awesome trailer. The t-rex head grabs the ball, spits it out thru the side and continues smashing thru the glass, biting the head of the player.
That´s freekin dino pinball!

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll go one step further and say that I think this artwork isn't great. Doesn't look like a translight artwork. Almost looks fan made. Can't put my finger on it.

Anobody buying this for it´s theme assets or looks, should really consider having their head examed.

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

mildly amusing is the city dr-pin is from.
Trollhätan, ha.
That might be a clue....

So what about this art do you think look great? The nedry char is just as ugly as he were on the DE-pin. The dinos looks like something from a schoolbook for 10 year olds.

Dont get me started on the helicopter animation on the trailer.

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Looks exactly like a pinball machine should look. It’s a Pinball Machine, not a piece of fine furniture. Not every game has to be an artistic masterpiece - especially not one about dinosaurs.

I dont agree on the art needs to be ugly.

I just find it kind of odd, that pre-release all the threads was about looks and theme, whilst now, every fan says, it´s not really important and gameplay is everything.

I do think the shootlayout looks really nice and K Elwin really seems to know what he´s doing.

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Being honest, I prefer ZombiYeti's art/style more. That stated, the chances JP2 going to a very fun game to play are most likely pretty high. I love the art, rules, and layout on Iron Maiden. Do I like the music on Iron Maiden, not really. Do I love the game... yes, yes I do.
If you let one criteria category completely kill it for you with modern games, you might miss out on a lot of great pinball.
While the art on JP2 may not be as universally popular as some of the past releases, In Elwin We Trust!
Enjoy the stream tonight, 7PM CST. twitch.tv/deadflip

I´m going to watch for sure, even if it´s well into night time here.

For me (on the art aspect)
I prefer this (even if you could lose the humans)

https://blog.littlewoodsireland.ie/wp-content/ireland/uploads/2018/05/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-dinosaurs.jpg

Over this.....

https://images.pinside.com/5/b5/5b5098c74c6e05c6d4cb6a88f6342c9f6a1c87ec/resized/large/5b5098c74c6e05c6d4cb6a88f6342c9f6a1c87ec.jpeg

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Quite possibly, but the pinball industry seems about ten years behind in visual animation quality. I can't imagine any of these companies want to pay much or give time to visual artists.

More like 15-20 years actually. With that said, the animations do work and help drawing you in.

#2517 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

At one point it was at 5500 viewers! This game blows away any other game on the market. KME = MVD (most valuable designer).[quoted image]

In what aspect beside sound integration do you think this beats willy wonka?

I thought the most fun with the stream was...
-it's a spike system, i know this.
Really cool.

It would have been even funnier though if the callout was...
-it's a spike system, nobody knows this.

That would have been really hilarious, but maybe going there is a strech.

#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

If you are going to get this upset over downvotes maybe Pinside isn't the place for you. You appear to take your own opinions very seriously and get really upset when the rest of us don't acknowledge you as a champion of the forum just for posting them?
Whatever the deal is, the martyr gimmick is old and sucks. Please retire it and stop with the meta-posting.

On the other hand threads like theese, more seems like members of some wierd sect having a get together.
Anybody voicing anything remotely critical or even minor facets gets instantly vailed upon.

#2539 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I want to love Wonka, the layout looks amazing.
Theme integration / mission objective wise I get more excited about trapping dinosaurs, shooting missiles, and defending against computer viruses vs. collecting chocolate bars.

I agree. I think the theme assets and integration is somewhat better with wonka, atleast assets obviously, however as you, i find a dinoshooting pin more suited for pinball, then a choclate factory/kid competition is.

I think what impressed most with dino-pin was that the animations(even if they are not top notch), draw you in and add to the excitement,
Very well done in that aspect.

On the stream i would have liked more of the screen dedicated to the pin, and less to players. The more playfield details the better.

Also i like to add that i´m a fan of jjp games. I think they are just beautiful and the themes often really resonates well with family and home use.
However, i have a hard time thinking of a better bang for your pinball buck, then the stern jurassic park pro. Should be awesome playervalue.

#2556 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You dont criticize. You complain. There IS a difference.

You would obviously not care to elaborate?
Atleast i bring an argument, how about you?

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

He complains allot, except in the JJP threads.

So, you are saying i´m not bringing forth issues in jjp thread that are negative?
You are a liar.

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks for the insult, but that’s one thing I’m not.

Well you are obviously telling lies about other people, so what do you suggest i call you?

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You certainly love stir up arguements. There are other things you can use this site for. Like entertainment and information.

The same goes for you or?

Ofc there should be arguements, why shouldn´t there?

If you want zero arguements and mindless drones, join a sect.

#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My daughter got me this shirt for Christmas, and I had people stop me wherever I am!
A Perfect Fit for this game![quoted image]

Really funny. Not an expert flipper, but probably an awesome tilter.

#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not everyone argues for the sake of arguing. Go enjoy the sun once and a while. It will cheer you up. You must not be getting enough under your bridge.

That´s an ok point. I really dont want to come thru as arguing just for the sake of arguing.

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

The stream yesterday was excellent, the game does look good. I'm curious if anyone is concerned over the linear nature of the modes, this seems to be one of the big issues with GB so maybe it applies here too?

I kind of like the linear setup, especially if it's in synergy with video-clips.
This reminds of most computergames and i think it can actually prolonger the life of the pin.
Maybe we in the future will se more advanced updates with completely new stories and content at some hopefully manageable fee?

With future pin-video integration, this can be a nice path forward.

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's pretty rare for him to toss it. Basically it seems like there are three or so T-Rex modes you qualify, and then feed the T-Rex. In one of those modes, he'll toss the ball instead of putting it back on the wireform. I think I saw the dino toss the ball maybe 3 times in the 2.5 hours of play. It's a neat effect that they may want to enable more in the software, but I can see how it can lead to some upsetting drains and possibly stuck balls.

It did however seem like they've done a funhouse, smaug thing, in that the rex follows the ball around.
Hopefully the rex will not have the broken toy bit as smaug, where you replace the whole thing at high cost.

Actually when i first saw the rex, it looked more like a decorated robotarm, whilst smaug is more like a moving head.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.