OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

"I think it's great," he says. MNPinball, some of you may remember, was among the first to declare the brilliance of IMDN. Seeing it in advance of the rest of us non-industry-insiders, he gushed about it. The hyperbole flowed like water in his descriptions. And here we have a second Elwin layout and in response to it MNPinball has only, "I think it's great." This worries me.

That's actually great to hear b/c I think IMDN is one of Sterns bests.

I'm not happy to hear about no movie clips though. But shit - it's JP? I'll take it!

#334 4 years ago

So is it confirmed No audio clips from actors too? Movie clips I can deal with as animations look great in these games but NO audio either? Or is that still who knows?

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pics already out there!

besides kaneda....where? I don't do facebook....bring them in here.

#401 4 years ago

So thinking about it some more - I'm OK without the voices b/c we can always add them in ourselves (along with more music). The community including me will assist!

#413 4 years ago

Looks like DE 2.0. Looks good though although cabinet art......not sure. Excited to see this in action.

Bottom line though - they're releasing Jurassic Park. That's fantastic.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I says to hell with actors voices & movie clips. It's a waste of money to secure rights for these overpriced assets. Put that money into playfield design, new original mechs & toys for the game instead. When I'm playing a game, the money should be spent where I'm focused (the playfield), not where I'm glancing (the screen). If your going to spend some money on a popular licence, make sure it's on the music.
This is brilliant direction for new titles if you ask me. How many of you will be thrilled when you hit that start button, hear the theme music & "Welcome to Jurassic Park", then play your way though the movie via the park features on the playfield, with the final wizard mode is actually escaping the park. That's brilliant fun original game design. Who needs actors? The player is the one escaping the park. Rinse/repeat modes & lit shots over & over should go the way of the dinosaur.....so to speak.
Looking forward to what Elwin has come up with for this one.

Who do you think says "welcome to jurrasic park"? That's an actor and likely not licensed by Stern. Hello

Good news - we will put it in ourselves through pinbrowser!!!!

#420 4 years ago

Any insight on how all those wire forms work? One to the right especially - corkscrew!! love that - very STTNG.

I'm pumped stern. Looking good.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Delt: Sound Mod 1.0, start pulling clips from the Blu-Rays!

Def. I'm pumped. If the code hits, this will be in my house.

THANK YOU STERN for not doing world. Holy hell I thought you were going to blow it but you pulled it out. Nice.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

On premium/LE the tyranasaurus head moves and will eat the ball. On the pro it's just static for looks.

Are you 100% on this? If so how do you not get the prem or le. That means longer wait time. Damn

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Damn I hope it shoots good. I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around the comic looking art! It works for GB or DP but JP always has a sense of wonder and awe! This magic of chaos. I just didn’t imagine fisher price monster trucks and dinosaurs! And if there really are no call outs........ I don’t know just can’t get around the art. It’s good but just not fitting of the theme

I agree art is the weak link. I wonder if you can use the DE translite for the new stern one? Or is DE much bigger....

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Which art work is the best. My thoughts:
LE
Pro
Premium

Agree.

I think all of the art packages seem super generic but they're ok enough. It's not as bas as a blue box with the logo on it.

#456 4 years ago

It's the premium translite that I just can't stand....side is nice

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hope the t-rex is interactive on the pro. Stern pro pricing is pretty much my price cap on games.

If stern pro has the trex eating the ball, I'm back to considering the pro but if it's just there for show, it's completely out.

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

People complaining about the art should wait until High Res photos are released. Everyone just chill down until then.

I'm not sure people are flipping out - just commenting on what is great and what appears weak.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Well the big ugly looking map covering much of the middle of the playfield, while i'm sure functional for the game isn't that nice to look at from the crappy low res images. I'd rather see some more illustration type stuff integrated. I'm sure everyone is going to go bonkers once they see what they do with the video and audio... Other than that, looks so packed in the upper half of the game. I'm sure it shoots like a dream. Can't wait.

Map look is a big throwback to DE version. I'm surprised that went DE 2.0 on the look of the pf but I'm not complaining as I have good memories of that game.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know this site is full of old men, but does everything have to be nostalgic, pre-chewed, and a "remember when?" moment? The entire game is one giant nostalgic throwback to the Data East already, that's not enough for you ? You need to literally watch the same scenes over and over?
After it's properly revealed I'm sure people will have plenty to say. I'm much more curious about the game after hearing it won't have a bunch of boring movie clips, gives me hope this is actually going to be a product of some creativity. The less it apes the exact film stuff the better as far as I'm concerned, but I guess we'll see.

What? Taking iconic scenes from the movie is exactly what would be perfect. Yes that's what we wanted to see and yes it's always better to have the movie clips in there to relive the classic. I much rather trust speilberg's classic telling of JP then some engineer at Stern. Look at what Joe did at JJP to Willy Wonka completely crippling what is an amazing film bc he decides to reimagine it in his own view and completely destroy the integration of the film.

Look at your own alien. It's unbelievable bc of the movie clips and integration.

That being said, I'm interested to see what this looks like on the LCD but overall the package looks great from Stern and super excited to see more but we would all love the clips and audio. Good news is that can be injected via pinbrowser.

#608 4 years ago

I love how dum dums will read people's feedback about the art and say look - that person is complaining...you see??? it's the typical pinside drama about a game they haven't seen....etc etc.

Earth to pinsiders who quickly jump to this conclusion.....wake up! You are on a fucking pinball forum where people provide their opinions and what is a strength and what is a weakness. This game has an OVERWHELMING amount of positive feedback, mine included but if you're too much of a powder puff snowflake to take ANY bad with a game, good luck in life.

For me this game kicks so much ass on what I've seen thus far but I would be lying if the lack of movie clips and OG JP characters/voices along with art didn't concern me a little. Let's bring on Thursday so I can see it play/code integration and with the power of pinbrowser correct essentially everything except art, which I'm OK with as DP and others had really cool animations!

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

What was the last Stern game with 4 ramps? I'm drawing a blank... Loving the layout - and the Pro still has the Spinner up the center shot. Booyah.
I'm official changing KME's initials on Pinside to KMFE - Keith Mother F'in Elwin.

4 ramps? Really? That's awesome will need to revisit pics.....

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

As good as it ever gets!

But who are WE in the game? Who’s to say OUR Jeep doesn’t have a supercharger? We’re not necessarily in one of the tour vehicles. Maybe I’m the guy on the island who wastes all of his disposable income on jazzing up my ride, whereas I have another friend who’s busy importing overpriced pinball machines for his one-bedroom apartment.
Speaking of Jeeps, supercharged or otherwise, if you want to pick nits, a T-rex would never be able to catch up to you at the speeds depicted in the movie. You could easily outrun one on a Vespa, but it wouldn’t be nearly as exciting to watch.

The jeep in JP didn't have a super charger coming out of it I think is his point. And I wouldn't want to play as the dumbass spending his disposable income on super charging his JP engine.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's going to be a good shooter - just a ton of shots looking at this again.
Music is a big question mark though? Not a fan of the original score.[quoted image]

If you're not a fan of the original score you're not a fan of jurrasic park.

#714 4 years ago

So does the game have just that main theme or the entire soundtrack to JP? Just curious....

Edit - says musical score so that's big. That means it will sound great music wise. I'm thinking if they animate the big scenes from jp 1 that would be cool

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I just hope this isn't like the Hobbit when it comes to he T-Rex interaction with the ball. EVERYONE thought and assumed Smaug would interact with the game and he barely did anything. Would be awesome if the T-Rex does grab the ball or do something

Smaug was a big miss bc of it. No ball interesting would be a big bummer. I think it does though at least on prem le trim.

The game to be seems like a spiritual successor to the DE one

#728 4 years ago

I'm surprised we're still speculating on features for prem/le. Wouldn't the same people who leaked the presentation pictures also elaborate on the features as I'm sure that was part of the walk-through today..... Or am I missing something? Seems like why stop at the pics....

#735 4 years ago

Interesting on how the pro translite is the only one that says Jurassic Park while the prem and LE just have the JP logo. I think I like it spelled out rather than just the logo.

I'm really feeling pro all the way but it seems like no TREX chompy which for me means no JP Pro.

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jurassic Park is to millenials what Star Wars is to Gen X. They worship the movie, probably because they saw it when young and didn't realize how much better the book was
It's super popular in the 25-35 year old crowd. You know, the people who actually go to barcades? The next generation we hope gets into pins?
I still think Stranger Things would have been smarter but if you MUST make a JP game yes the 1993 one is smart.

I'm one of those people in love with JP (in fact I have a hard time understanding how folks don't get it) but I'm also 37. I wasn't aware JP really hit the 25 year olds. I'm thinking def 30s to mid 40s.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

VHS. I have a cousin who literally wore out two VHS tapes because he watched it every day.

jesus that's insane.....and awesome.

#768 4 years ago

Although not exactly relevant, here is a ridiculous video of some woman hulk smashing a laptop over her bf's head after getting sent off the plan. F'n hilarious.

Scroll to 1min mark.

and yes Jurrasic Park is awesome. Thank you Stern.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

37 and JP is my favorite movie. I haven't been a fan of any of the sequels, but the original is still near perfection.

I feel the same way.

I love when folks say man wouldn't it be nice for a brand new take on the JP universe by not being a slave to the movie and being more creative...... And then they'll say well I'm not crazy about the JP movie....

Well no shit

I'm glad that someone denied the idea of recreating alien as it would have been a terrible decision. So glad the game stuck to the movies and absolutely nailed it.

People who love these franchises.... Truly love them are not dying for a Pinball company to apply their own artistic take on it. Again look at Willy Wonka. Jesus what a travesty. Just make a fun pinball game that sticks to the playbook. There is enough to screw up trying to make a good pin... Now folks want these companies to be a Hollywood doctor as well.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just not seeing how anyone could say this is a rehash?[quoted image]

Just a heads up I just asked my wife to look at that pic and tell me what game is from 1993 and what is from 2019 as she never plays ever and she thought the DE pf was the new one. Whomp whomp.

#852 4 years ago

Since Newman is on the pf itself I wouldn't be surprised if he provides voice clips.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure what is worse, the actual complaining about a game with blurry photos or Aurich complaining about people complaining.

You think there a lot of complaints? I think it's mostly positive....

Sure art movie clips so not perfect but for Stern looks like a homerun

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not even close.

oh cmon. Nothing? No similarities? I actually wasn't seeing it until that compare and ok - I now can see what folks are talking about.

I'm happy about it b/c October shoots very well and is just absolutely tanked with a terrible art/music/audio package (theme doesn't help either). Jurrasic Park Octoberfest? Yes please!

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Like every game, there is a 48 hour honeymoon with every game announcement. The tides of positive comments usually begin to shift around day 3. I was admittedly jazzed about Munsters when they first showed it. And then was out pretty quick once I saw the gameplay. And even further out once I played it.

Munsters was garbage day 1. Don't even get me started with black knight which apparently is the biggest tanker of the year sales wise except the few diehards on here who defend to the death. Big rebound by Stern here. They knew they f'd it up recently especially after killing it with imdn and DP.

#996 4 years ago

Random thought but let's say DE JP never came out and Stern released it now. I think they could charge 6k+ and people would pay for it..... Especially with that dino eating the ball. Imagine we never saw that before until now?

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

A truck with balls behind it.... I've seen those on the highway before.[quoted image]

That is the epitomy of a low life.

Just catching up today.... Damn no reveal...

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Right. People slam Wonka because of asset misuse. JP has NO assets and gets off scot free? Doubt that.

The bar that Wonka set for how to fuck up a game with assets is so high (thanks Joe and audio guy!) let's see how jp plays, sounds and looks first before comparing....

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I can't handle comments like this anymore. NO JJP games sync audio with clips when using their assets. I know, I own WOZ, Hobbit, and Pirates. You start a mode or multiball, hear a voice clip to introduce the scene that is not synced with what is on the screen and then you play. As you progress you get more of the scene. And just like Joe said, for the big moments, the game pauses, and that is when you get your synced audio with clips. Just like melting the witch and killing Smaug. You don't like that style and want to hear, "I've lost R2" 20 times while trying to blow up the Death Star, then fine. I happen to own SW, too. They are different styles, AND THAT IS OK. But give Joe a break. Met him at MGC and he's a great guy. He poured his heart into Wonka and I think, given a little more time, there will be more love for Wonka in the coming months. Just like DI and JJPOTC. Anyhow, back to the fantasizing about another Stern. But give it a rest, folks.

Nah - for people who actually wanted a true Wonka experience, Joe killed it and it's frustrating. Maye you're playing woz with your eyes closed but it's a fascinating experience, one of the best in the industry of theme integration so maybe time to get out the smelling salts if you think what they did to wonka even gets close to the integration of woz. I'm an owner of both WoZ and Pirates and Wonka is a complete mess regarding integration, music, sound and narrator compared to those two. A mess.

What's also funny is that your critical of people holding JJP to the fire for Wonka but for stern's Jurassic Park, a game no one has even seen in action, you said "All I can say is, thanks Stern for saving me money. Jurassic Park : the Animated Series Pinball is an instant pass."

You haven't even SEEN the GD game in action and it's an instant pass? Please - what a joke.

btw - can't forget about this gem from Joe on the wonka stream...…"What you see is what you get" - nice comment Joe to people who are trying to help you. Basically a FU to the community b/c his vision is superior. Wake up buddy. It's a shame b/c he seems hell bent to just drive that game into the ground. It's still salvageable too b/c it shoots so well but no....Joe the amazing coder with his amazing vision won't allow it.

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok as a software developer I have to speak up here. It is highly, HIGHLY unlikely Joe "killed" anything. Software decisions, especially those concerning the user experience, are NOT made by programmers on their own in a vacuum.
Do they have input? Sure. Do they have final say? Absolutely not.
If you don't like what they did (and I do) that's fine - say that. But stop vilifying Joe and any other individual contributors.
It's not right.

Not surprised with your instant defense but how do you defend Joe's statement there of what you see is what you get? Are you saying Joe understands the issues but his hands are tied? I mean seriously? I know you think the art on the SE is great so I'm trying to keep things in check here but you can't really believe that right? The guy is in charge of the direction of the code and how things play out. He's admitted that he thinks the alternative would get boring and won't permit it. Did you miss that?

Man - can we be more balanced around here? I'm a JJP owner and stern owner and critique them the same.

#1289 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What I said about the art is that it's better than I expected, in person. And it is. And others who have seen it in person say the same; it has a nice gloss on it that makes it better than you'd think from internet pictures.
WYSIWYG was simply setting an expectation - the direction of the game is as we envisioned it.
This is also unsurprising to me. Changing direction in a major way on a software project after it has shipped is almost unheard of.
Have you laid hands on this game or are you just beating up on it for internet points?

Better than expected says it all. The bar was so low to begin with that the glossy look is something to point to as positive but what are we doing here? Art that is so lackluster and quite frankly not even there.... Just a blue box. It needs to be called out for what it is instead of giving it a pass bc the glossy look takes some of the burn away.

As for whether I played it or not...cmon now. The only reason I've been so opinionated about this game was bc I literally had the cash and wanted to buy it so badly but then I played it finally and it was just such a mess..... And it's not just movie clips but music sound and that god AWFUL narrator.
Shoots great which I mentioned a ton but so much is off outside of that. Check my write up on the thread or better yet, kaneda decided to read it word for word on guys podcast. Played it for hours and just couldn't stop shaking my head with the choices they made.

I actually went back recently to play a ton more to see if I could get past these flaws but just gave up.

This pass I see some people give this game is fascinating. I hold both Stern and jjp accountable and I don't sugar coat shit if they mess up. Jjp wants to now offer less and charge more. I just wish they would have delivered with Wonka and can only hope GnR is ok bc if they f up both, that would be a travesty.

Btw I feel like I'm helping in derailing this thread so no more from me on Wonka. Excited to see jp in action.

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Would anyone prefer to have LEGO Jurassic Park vs Johnny Crap cartoon Jurassic Park?[quoted image]

Def not. If they went Lego it would have been a massive disappoinment for me. I'm hoping for a mature version or stillest pg13 of JP with their animations. I'm pretty excited to see what they've done with it having the ability to animate bc although pf wise black knight was a waste for me, the animations looked REALLY good.

#1688 4 years ago

Just catching up to all this.....

Wow. Just wow. Really happy with what I'm seeing here. For me premium ALL the way on this one. That Trex not only eating then placing the ball on the wf but also tossing it sometimes not only looks great but introduced some variety.

No interest in LE as the art on this game isn't great so don't see the real need.

Super excited to see the stream. Hopefully they get the premium going too. I even liked the music in the reveal.

Elwin really bringing it. Great job this far Stern. Code hits and I'm prem down payment

#1744 4 years ago

So what's the anticipated release date for prem as I think they're the last to be released

#1755 4 years ago

Wait this really true Newman voice is in game? I was thinking it would be since they have his character in the game. Oh man that's fantastic

#1782 4 years ago

Is there a flip ramp (180 like alien and Octoberfest) on the left side with that blue looking tower? That would be sick of so.

#1890 4 years ago

wait is that in thegame?

#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Love that scene. If that’s an indication, bring it on.

seriously - if that's in the game, holy shit, that is impressive.

#1956 4 years ago

really excited about the animations now that it was confirmed that goat animation is in the game.

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't care but this is a site where we discuss pinball, each others opinions and make comments so when a pinsider makes a comment I disagree with yeah I'm gonna rebut. That doesn't mean I have a major concern for Stern bashing its just what I enjoy to do, I'm doing it right now with a big somewhat evil grin on my face, I implore u to find me in any of the other manufacture threads recently and find anything because u won't so I'm not sifting I have my sub forums down to Stern and All and batch edit everyday to drain the riff raff. What I think ur saying is u dislike the fact that I defend Stern Pinball Why? and bashing should be allowed without any repercusion what so ever, well not on my watch. Good day sir.

I rarely agree with hazoff but he has ever right to provide his opinion. He thinks black knight is great? I think it's absolute garbage and the biggest piss away title stern has come out with in some time b/c the theme is lackluster AND the pf is boring BUT he should be able to defend and love it as much as he wants.

I can't stand when people tell others your opinion is wrong and therefore DON"T post. Again hazoff is one of the pinsiders I shake my head at a lot b/c his opinions are off the wall but GD this is a pinball forum and everyone gets a chance to post. It also makes things more interesting.

I do love canada though (they get hockey is the best sport ever) so that is one thing we prob have in common.

#2392 4 years ago

I thought this started at 8est 7cst?

#2395 4 years ago

yep joined at 8 and no intro seemed like they were mid game. I was like did I miss intro?

#2397 4 years ago

wow this game looks fantastic

#2418 4 years ago

glad they basically animated some of the best JP moments. So far all looks great. The mode starts/animations and call outs seem a little forced (find nerdy!) but DAMN, this game looks good.

The spinner center shot sound effect is straight out of Ripleys (penguin sound) which I love.

JP eating the ball is sick. I don't hear many nerdy call outs though (warning is awesome though). Wish the hamon voice actor was a little less angry and had more of an accent. Car seems to be really a big part of it.

Overall really really good.

#2425 4 years ago

pro coming out soon here

#2429 4 years ago

Trex seems to toss the ball everywhere....not just the same spot on the PF which is SICK. Well done stern. prob your best toy in some time. love it. It also moves it's neck during gameplay.

#2435 4 years ago

wow pro is a big downgrade compared to premium. Big diff for me on this one. No brainer prem here. TREX doesn't do anything.

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

(Last Week)
Pinside Babies: “why why why no movie clips and movie call outs, why why why do these companies keep screwing up these assets!?!!”
(Today)
*watches stream*
*jaw drops*
“Oh, that’s why...”

Not really. I would take movie clips ANY day over this BUT the animations look great which is what we all were hoping.

Animations still don't even come close to video game standards but for pinball, these are really good. Def Sterns best and excited to own this one!

#2470 4 years ago

most positive response ever on pinside? haters thought it would go away after the stream.....I think it's only picking up.

Stern is going to print money with this one. Well done. Now if they can only fix GB with code, it would be a home run year for them.

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Now you are being a troll. I complimented Sterns JP animation work, looks great. I was just stating my opinion with what I believe are the best animations in pinball as others were discussing the topic. Also, I don't believe for a second you have family at Disney animation that said that yet you say JP animations are superior lol! Good one. Is that you Gary?

Guys the entire Pinball industry is about 10 years away from video game animation let alone major studios. What in the world are you even fighting over?

#2583 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Post stream thoughts
Game look very fun to shoot. This is the most important part for me.
Layout looks fun, challenging, but satisfying.
I am still amazed that the Dino on the pro does nothing (no growl, no jaw movement, no nothing), but watching the premium I realize that the Dino eating is a problem prone mech (had to tilt through and then glass off to free it, plus it is the one clunk shot in the game) and just slows down the game. Neat for some but I am cool with it doing nothing on the pro now.
The dirty pool/ gate on the other hand will be missed on the Pro; very fun and dangerous shot that looks super cool!
The combo shots look tough but oh so fun! Did anyone ever make the super duper skill last night? I love that even the pros were struggling on that timing.
Code looks fun and I like the physical path interplay. I hope the SFX get refined. Lots of starwars cinematic stuff in the background that need more jurassic undertones. Also the Peguin spinner sound NEEDS to go. I am hoping that is a place holder. It is aweful and does not fit this title. Dont reuse spinner sounds, it makes a game feel generic to hear it. Takes all the satisfaction out of ripping a spinner when you get RBION spinner in place of what should be a RAWWWWWWWWWER or something dino based sound.
The pf art looks REALLY bad, like WTF bad. Maybe this will look better in person, but this is just flat art.
Animations are happily much better than expected. Some looked to be placeholders, but the ones with texture and finished were pretty damn cool! Helped add to the story line and very cool to see this step in the right direction from Stern. They continually appear to look to their competitors and see where it is time to start investing in upping the game. I like this.

I mentioned that the spinner sounds just like the penguin spinner (which I actually liked) however I noticed as they were playing that same spinner shot changes sounds from the penguin to true dino...FYI

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought it was just a change on the premium vs pro?
I noticed penguin on the Prem
Pro was different
That is partly what made me assume it is a placeholder sound in the prem?
I like throw back sounds, but better for rarely used ones. Spinners need their own game specific sound in the modern era. They are part of the lifeblood of the game. Keep the penguin in RBION where it belongs is my vote

I'll need to watch it again but I thought it changed mid game. You could be right though.... Not 100%

#2785 4 years ago

So how many nedry call outs did you hear? Of course, ah ah ah but there seemed to be little after. I caught...don't get cheap on me when draining on the right (which is awesome) and no wonder why you want extinct but any others?

They said those clips are straight from JP

I can't imagine how good this will be when we replace some of the exisiting ones with real JP callouts. Shoot her!!!! shooooot Heeeeeer! Get off the fence, the proper welcome to jurassic park, etc.

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One thing that is bugging me with JP is the lack of detailed 3D molds that blend in well with the rest of the game. Why is the tower literally several pieces of thin plastic with bare metal screw heads all over? Same goes for raptor, a bare metal screw head sticking out of its side and back... The helicopter blades on the premium come across as bare metal brackets from Home Depot with exposed screw heads and stickers applied. It's cheesy items like this that make stomaching a $6k - $9k price hard. That's a crazy amount of money to spend on a pin and this is the type of detail we get? I'm not saying the game sucks or anything (looks great), just discussing what Stern has chosen to put into the game.
Stern is capable of creating some great 3D molds. Just look at Ghostbusters, 3D molded library, molded Slimer, molded storage facility, molded city over pops. All of those items look very well done and help justify the price tag of the game. GB also features movie assets from both films, actor audio and has an actor from the films doing callouts so I would think its build of materials / licensing cost per game is even higher then JP.
[quoted image]

Stern GB to me represents their best effort. They got everything right.... Except code. With that hopefully being addressed it could be their best ever.

#2854 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Don't forget the fact you can fit a golf ball between the flippers, which they now admit was a mistake that they missed until it was too late. And the outlane rails that are too short. But yes, its a beautiful machine.

I agree with the middle drain - however that's fixed with the center post.

#2958 4 years ago

So jp will be available to play starting today right at replay fx? Not sure I can get there today but will try this weekend. Interesting to see pics and here impressions

#3045 4 years ago

for those that have played it, is that top loop shot repeatable like maiden or is it not meant to go loop to loop as I really like games like that (like GW2)...

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

My JP2 pro cost $8340 and we live next door. Damn Americans.

That's crazy!

#3206 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not really. $6370 USD is just a few hundred more including importing it.

I thought he was saying it cost 8400 USD. Even 6400 is about 800 more.

I thought it was the trade off of having universal healthcare! Haha jk

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

so for everyone who wonders what a BTTF pin from Stern would look like. Look at DE JP and the new Stern JP and notice all of the copying. I feel like 1/2-2/3 of the objectives/goals/multiballs are repeats. This looks a "modern" update without any original callouts or artwork or vehicles. just a bunch of dinosaurs you barely recognize.
huge JP fan and have had my DE JP for 20 years now. this new one is missing "it". i didn't wanna see this get the photo shop art treatment but the comicish art just isn't working for me. i'd rather have hot-dog fingers Nedry anyday.
or how about this where the slingshot trex <> the moving trex <> backglass trex <> side art trex <> front cab trex in color. it's like they said "yeah it's a greeny, brown, darky color whatever you wanna use works for us" apparently T-Rex comes in 5 colors...

Hey I hear you about how JP Stern is more of a rehash but DE JP is such a poor quality and dog of a shooter. It just is. Love so much about it though but not the shooting part. Stern JP and I've played it is such a better shooter it's crazy and it has a lot of that magic from DE even if it's not original

2 weeks later
#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Of course people are overreacting. Sure, in manufacturing, issues happen, while all customers expect perfection.
I do too, but Id say 20% of my newer games, JJP and Stern, have some type of issue.....So does my house, car, plumbing, wife, friends, etc.
It seems today that the power of social media today is also the enemy.
We can have events in extreme minority, elevated to a crisis.
Yes, we all want and feel we deserve perfection for our money, but may not stop to think how things are in reality....
With all my issues on new games, its annoying, but Im still happy as all, to be fortunate to have them.

Completely disagree. 20% of new games having issues is not something to compare away. It's actually opinions like these that allow this BS to keep on happening...... And you know I'm a big fan of yours. Just totally disagree with you here

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not a problem. If I had stats from a reliable source that its 20% of new games, my opinion would be different.
I see it is something around 2%. Do you have info to share? Id appreciate it.
When I look at the Names and posts with issues, I tend to mentally add that up and guesstimate production numbers from experience. Thats always a guess.
Thanks!

I was using you as the source... Maybe you meant to say 2%?

"I do too, but Id say 20% of my newer games, JJP and Stern, have some type of issue."

#3509 4 years ago

I heard stern had to decide to spend money on the movies assets or that damn button on the lockdown bar.....and they chose the button!!!!

I kid.....

1 month later
#3590 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I think its one of the best games put out by stern in years.

one of their bests no doubt

1 week later
#3614 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my JP LE came about 2 weeks ago, and its still in my garage on pallet. I dont have energy to open it, would it be safe in the garage during a Michigan Winter? Or can that cause some damage?

This could be a sign that you own too many Pinball machines

Too tired to open a new JPLE? What in the...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.