OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How many more bombs will they make before they realize it stupid and insulting.

SPECTRE made almost a billion dollars. It sucked but it certainly wasn't a bomb, it was the second-highest grossing film in the 50 + year history of the franchise.

The one before it Skyfall was the biggest hit they've ever had.

Pretty sure you have to go back to around 1989 for a Bond movie that properly flopped. These things are a license to kill...the box office that is!!!

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I hope not BTTF. I want JJP to do that.

I love when people get mad that the wrong company is not making their imaginary game that doesn't exist.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah Levi its u thats need to get over urself.

it's u thats always makes super coherents rgument!

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Levi r u drinking today or something? it wasn't a shot at u it was at Skye claiming anyone else needs to get over themselves. Jesus.

I am drinking yes!

I just got distracted by your bond rant!

(I also believe people Are getting carried away, the new 007 may be a black woman, in this movie, but that doesn't make her James Bond and that doesn't mean she's taking over from here on out)

Also...Snowflake!

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Let’s be real here, the last ghostbusters movie was really bad. The best version of that story was made it the 80s with some of the best comedians and comic writers in the business

The last GB, with the female cast was bad.

The next one, with the non-female cast will be even worse.

One good movie and 30 years of dreck. Shows the power of nostalgia life support for bad franchises (also, as much as it pains me, see Exhibit B: Terminator)

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not emotional, don't care if they ever make another Bond film. Sorry I guess I'm just getting too old for this new world of ultra sensitive PC whining douchebags and i'm not going keep quite because it might offend but at the same time it doesn't affect my day to day at all.

It is very clear you aren't emotional about this and doesn't affect you at all. Bravo!

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont worry, I will update the thread title as soon as game is revealed so all that dont care to discuss now, know to tune back in.

You are a kind and benevolent OP!

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t think she’s replacing Bond,she’s just using the 007 title or whatever you call it.The people that own the IP already stated that Bond is a dude,so yeah Bruce Jenner will never get to be James Bond.

And yet, meltdowns abound. People are always looking to be offended!

As far as the game? If it’s jurassic
it better have a T. rex eating a ball or something equally as cool or there will be a jurassic meltdown!!!

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If there isn't a dinosaur that eats the ball then it's 0/10.

And if there is everybody will bitch that it's been done before.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:My point exactly. His enthusiasm this time around seems tepid.

Oh shit. Now you have me really worried!!!

Hopefully there's someone else here who is excited about the next Stern game to get me out of this funk but for now I'm pretty upset.

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'll be honest. I'm pissed. I tried to play the "pinball economy" game and held onto my Jurassic Park expecting to sell it when the rumored new Jurassic World dropped and demand for the old game spiked and use it as trade bait. When the Star Wars game dropped last week I lost hope and put up my ad. I sold my Jurassic Park and loaded it into someone elses car... last night.
O well. The images on this one look awesome! Can't wait to play one and ad a used one to my collection in 6 months when the next hotness drops.
Isla Nublar as the playfield art with map of park as lit inserts for hitting dinosaurs.
Layout kind of reminds me of... Baywatch with all the metal ramps.

New game has ZERO relation to old game, and will not affect value of the original JP. So be happy you made a sale.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Reading the early feedback on this shows how much Stern bias there is among Pinsiders. No clips, no voices, and posts on the playfield. JJP and Spooky have been reamed over the last year for these. But when Stern does it, folks are ok with it.

Yeah that's a super good point.

Nobody around here ever criticizes Stern about anything.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Animations (if they have voice overs) would be similar to LOTR, would it not?

Totally.

Except with way more dinosaurs and fewer castles probably.

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree art is the weak link. I wonder if you can use the DE translite for the new stern one? Or is DE much bigger....

By about a foot.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

As a HUGE JP fan I say no - gimme as many as you can ha. Not to derail this thread but are the rules as bad on Lost World as I've heard? I actually like a lot of the Sega games and obviously would love to have a Lost World next to my JP, but haven't really heard much positive about it...

Lost World is a terrible game.

Both of them!

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

How dare you say that Levi during pinburgh you need to stop by my place and play dollar games on my Sega JP and DE JP lol.

Only if you pick up both Ballys as well!

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

This game totally makes up the whole bait and switch they pulled with the SW home pin release.

Yeah that was one of the worst things that's ever happened.

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m a little disappointed that I don’t see a T-Rex on a spring. I was really looking forward to 10 pages of bitching on that subject alone.
Have we figured out what’s horrible on this game yet? Who will be the first to say that they will never buy another NIB Stern because of the (fill in blank) on this game?
Has Kaneda declared he”s in on an LE yet? Has he declared he”s out on the LE yet?

Stern's brilliant strategy was to get all of the bitching out of the way last week with the Star Wars HE.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know this site is full of old men, but does everything have to be nostalgic, pre-chewed, and a "remember when?" moment? The entire game is one giant nostalgic throwback to the Data East already, that's not enough for you ? You need to literally watch the same scenes over and over?
After it's properly revealed I'm sure people will have plenty to say. I'm much more curious about the game after hearing it won't have a bunch of boring movie clips, gives me hope this is actually going to be a product of some creativity. The less it apes the exact film stuff the better as far as I'm concerned, but I guess we'll see.

"THe wonder and awe" of CGI Dinosaurs cannot be compromised by shitty, original hand drawn art!!

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anybody know what the price on the new Jurassic Park's is going to be?

You know what they say...if you have to ask...

#960 4 years ago

There are three things I want to know before I die (or by thursday):

1. Meaning of life
2. When did time begin, and when will it end?
3. Does the dinosaur eat the ball?

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sweet, just need a time machine.

I think he means for the NEXT BK, JP, or Elvira game.

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from Shinemyballz:

i don’t think that’s even a real dinosaur head ? wtf!

It fails to evoke the wonder and awe of a real dinosaur!!!

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah that toy jeep is definitely for adults.

You just can’t replace the sense of awe and wonder that comes with a real toy Jeep Wrangler!

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Unveil was delayed until tomorrow.

I just want to know if the dinosaur eats the ball.

Why.

WHY?!?!?!?!

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Does the Dino spit or swallow?

I guess it depends on if it's your birthday?

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm betting he can't walk in public without people shouting "Newman!" at him. Every...day...of...his...life.

It's his cross to bear. I'm sure he's come to terms with it. The only thing worse is when nobody recognizes you.

Last I saw him was in the Coen Brother's movie about 50s hollywood/communists. Great movie.

Newman got fat again which shouldn't be a shocker. He looked pretty good in the movie considering it's been 20 years since seinfeld.

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, if I was Stern I'd start rethinking this practice of showing the distributors early. Clearly they can't actually be trusted with it.

I don't really understand why they continue to do this besides "it's the way it's always been done."

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This is trolling without a doubt.

You don't have even the slightest doubt?!

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's either trolling or severe incompetence. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

How are they trolling us now? By not having a countdown clock? Or by having one for Star Wars?

Why do you think they are playing these sick head games with us?

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You don't think it's trolling to have a countdown that only pinball enthusiasts would notice and then have it be for a release for an admittedly different market, then have no hype for the actual release? Am I understanding your question? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Seems pretty obvious to me that pinball and paranoia are a dangerous combination.

#1386 4 years ago

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

A countdown clock!

#1395 4 years ago

Awesome! Looks like another winner from Stern. Doesn't it boggle the mind that they manage to do this 2-3 times a year, and everybody pretends that actual competition exists in this industry?

Looks like a lot of the stuff we loved about Maiden made it into this one. An upper flipper with a ton of shots (ramp, loop, captive ball), a tasty shot through the pops, and a number of other surprises that aren't going to be clear till we play it (or I guess Jack Danger plays it). What's going on in that Raptor cage? And the Baywatch house?

Keith operated games for decades, as well as playing them into GOAThood, and obviously knows what the public is going to like in a game. If they can milk a game a year out of him, it's gonna be good times for Stern for a long time.

I'm not much into spotting differences, but looks like the LE playfield has a magnet in the raptor cage and the pro doesn't.

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Is that a magnet in the left inlane?

Yup! Good eye.

Premium has at least 2 magnets (inlane and raptor cage).

Or it could be an up-post. There looks to be a little space around the metal/.

#1426 4 years ago

Ahhh...those are all (three) up-posts and not magnets. Could make for an interesting multiball.

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Oh praise heavens, he eats the ball. The dinosaur eats the ball!

Hmm...I thought the same thing.

But looks like he just BITES the ball and then spits it out to the side?!

That's it.

I'M OUT!

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

ROFL that was terrible

It was!

Wait, what was?

Game looks awesome. Trailer left a little to be desired as usual, but nothing an 8-hour Jack Danger stream can't fix.

#1466 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Are we sure? I assumed it spat the ball out after being fed via the ramp + internal diverter

We are sure goddammit.

As sure as the sky is blue.

#1473 4 years ago

MONDAY!?!?!?!

But I wanna bitch about it NOW

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Not having the pro T-rex do anything (at least make it roar) is kind of a deal breaker. A plastic head sticking out that does absolutely nothing is a complete waste. I may have to pass on this title after all (going to see how the video on Monday plays out)

We all knew that if you wanted your ball-eating dino, you were going to have to pay for it.

If I were buying, I could certainly live without it. The pro appears packed with awesome gameplay features. This appears to be the new model going forward, games are basically the same except for one big gimmick/toy. Even JJP is doing it with Wonka.

I can easily live without an upper playfield or a ball wagging dino when the rest of the game plays sweet.

#1582 4 years ago

Oh God yes look at this ball chomping and spitting action...so hot...

ball.gifball.gif
#1596 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Looks cool but the ball flying around could damage or break a plastic.

I don't remember that being an issue on CV, or Aerosmith, or Houdini.

Will be interesting to see how consistent it is as far as where the ball goes.

#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Man, who cares? Buy $100 worth of replacements that will last a lifetime.

It's just like Ian Malcom says in the dumb sequel...

Yeah, there's all this awe and wonder, but then there comes the running and the screaming and the breaking plastics.

It's CHAOS gang. Just gonna have to accept it.

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from griffo84:

Why is there a post at the tip of the upper flipper.. I cant stop looking at it.. IMO it shouldnt be there...
[quoted image]
Stern can you build me a game without that post?

I think this post is to "force" players to use the upper flipper rather than ignore it like they do on Maiden. Good move if so, don't use it and it bumps off into somewhere precarious?

#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Look at the video preview between 24 - especially at the 27 second mark It's pretty obvious the mechanics are visible from a players perspective.
I'm sure someone will create a mod, It was pretty glaring to me when I noticed the video / and saw pictures.

Like you said should be able to cover it up pretty easy if it bugs you. WOuldn't bother me I know it's not a real dinosaur.

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

When I first saw Jurassic Park I was like whoa! this is incredible , just when Sam Neill / Grant says "How'd you do this!?"..... "Come I'll show you" - Hammond..... that's the feeling almost everyone got from watching that scene with the Brachiosaurus / entire movie for the first time. All I'm saying is that on a MAJOR focal point / main toy of the game Stern Pinball should have done a better job with hiding / masking the behind the scenes to make it more believable / magical. But again I'm SURE someone will come up with a simple mod to hide it.[quoted image]

I just don't think it's realistic to expect that feeling of awe and wonder from a pinball machine mech/toy. Sticking a plastic bush in front of his neck isn't really gonna do that on this in my opinion.

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It's not just the zip tie its the entire metal mechanical back portion is exposed is what I'm trying to address on the main toy of the game.

We don't live in a screen shot world. When that thing is flopping around is it really going to distract you? Probably not. Focus on the tip and the shaft, not the base, you'll be fine.

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

For $2k more ? That's a lot of extra $$$$ for a few extra features...

That's EVERY SINGLE LE/PRemium game Stern has made.

Those meager few extra features are always enough for the LE buyers.

#1727 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why should they spend valuable BoM dollars on that nonsense when the mod community will cover it for those who care?
I'd rather have more ball interactive stuff than cosmetic stuff.

Everybody around here is a BOM expert except for actually considering why a BOM exists.

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

You hit upon the solution in your first post. A rubber accordion boot between the T-rex and the back wall. Not unlike how Disney hides the ugliness between cars on their monorail trains.
[quoted image]

Dinosaurs don't have accordion necks!!!!

Works for a monorail. Won't work for a real live dinosaur.

#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what's the anticipated release date for prem as I think they're the last to be released

What's the standard delay? Around 2 months?

Whatever always happens will probably happen. WHich is great cause we'll be seeing pros in the street in 2 weeks or so.

Amazing isn't it?

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I believe the real live dinosaur only comes with the Super Limited Edition that won't be announced until after we've all bought the regular Limited Edition.
Speaking of real live dinosaurs... I did volunteer work as an educator at a major metropolitan zoo that brought in Animatronic dinosaurs back when they were relatively new. The name of the tour was "Dinosaurs Alive!" I kid you not, we had people who would go to Guest Services and demand refunds because the dinosaurs weren't actually alive.

LMAO beyond awesome

Pretty sure Stern distributors will be less forgiving in their refund policy.

#1765 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Here is your millennial interest sampling:[quoted image]

Damn! four anonymous comments on the internet.

Better shelve this project Stern!

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Or at least learn IGN is not the right venue to advertise it.

It's a weird stern marketing partnership and they seem to be married to it.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

LOL, I can’t even keep up with this thread.

I’ll sum it up for you:

It would look like a real dinosaur if it had an accordion on its neck.

#2012 4 years ago

Since stern has a hard time designing scoops that don’t shoot the ball down the middle, I don’t really mind seeing up posts instead.

#2018 4 years ago

That one really send the ball downward to the right flipper, like funhouse.

Unless it doesn’t lol

#2096 4 years ago

You guys are always so over the top.

Black knight is a lot of fun. I like playing it. New code that gets rid of a lot of guess work is a big improvement.

Not every game is for everybody.

Not everybody will like this one either.

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My only problem is that Jack is super positive of whatever game he’s streaming.

Good point. There's certainly not enough people bitching about everything everywhere in pinball.

#2459 4 years ago

Sense of awe and wonder of Dinosaurs?!

Consider it evoked!!!

I can't fathom why people continue to try to score cheap points by picking fights with Stern. Without them this hobby would be ridiculously fucked, at least for NIB customers.

#2588 4 years ago

All I have to say is this:

JJP

Stern

JJP

STERN!!

JJP!!!!

STERRRRN!!!

JJP!?>!??!

#2598 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am all for it! fun, fast, satisfying shots and KME is defiantly putting his mark on pinball!

I don't think he's being defiant at all! He's agreeably giving the people what they want, with a smile on his face. I think. That beard is getting out of control.

#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

any mods know why my thread title is edited (not by me)
just noticed the info about the stream removed but I did not do it. Found it odd.

Maybe they are sick of you changing it every 20 minutes?

I get that you want to have a monopoly on all "next stern game" threads from now on but it is a little much. If you truly love your thread, set it free.

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I apologize in advance as I don't want to go through 55 pages to see what the feedback is on audio/video.
I am a huge JP fan and this table looks cool. My concern is with the audio/video package. There appears to be zero from the movie. This is almost a 'Jurassic Park the Arcade - for Pinball' type of table.
As a POTC JJP owner, everyone was up in arms about having so little from the movie. Where is everyone at with this title?
Some of the callouts sound cheezie, again very arcade game like. Is this the future with movie assets and licensing?

The consensus seems to be that the animations are of incredible quality and that it doesn't matter that the actual movie assets are not present. Plot lines, John Williams' breathtaking score, and shot for shot animation remakes ARE present so it's not really fair to call it a "generic dino game." I think we also expect a bunch of callouts from Wayne Knight at some point but not sure about that.

I'm not sure why people aren't up in arms but I guess you can take that up with POTC owners.

#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Compare JJP CE to a money grab if you are going to compare games based on price

I think the JJP CEs are basically a lark. They know not too many people are gonna pay $3,000 more for a game with just some art differences and a truly "limited" availability and they probably don't care. Each sale is a bonus.

Their bread and butter will always be their "LEs."

They were smart to truly offer a real "standard" this time around at a price that can compete with Stern premiums. I've played the low end Wonka and didn't miss the "wonkavator" at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.