OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amused_to_death.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ghostbusters was amazing hand drawn art

As good as it ever gets!

Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

They drew a damn Jeep with a super charger sticking out the hood!

But who are WE in the game? Who’s to say OUR Jeep doesn’t have a supercharger? We’re not necessarily in one of the tour vehicles. Maybe I’m the guy on the island who wastes all of his disposable income on jazzing up my ride, whereas I have another friend who’s busy importing overpriced pinball machines for his one-bedroom apartment.

Speaking of Jeeps, supercharged or otherwise, if you want to pick nits, a T-rex would never be able to catch up to you at the speeds depicted in the movie. You could easily outrun one on a Vespa, but it wouldn’t be nearly as exciting to watch.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The jeep in JP didn't have a super charger coming out of it I think is his point. And I wouldn't want to play as the dumbass spending his disposable income on super charging his JP engine.

LOL! I’m making an argument for the person who said we’re going around cleaning up the mess, which was not something depicted in the movie. It sounds plausible to me, especially if there are no movie assets.

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Fixing up the Jeep with virtual mods is gonna be all the rage!! This will be sterns first pin with online connectivity and you’ll be able to have micro transactions to add virtual bling to your virtual ride!! Exciting times await...$5 for supercharger, $10 for big tires, $15 for racing stripes

LOL! Is the Jeep raised above the playfield? A monster truck rally in Jurassic Park? Who will be the first to sell a set of dirt mods for the game? Forget about magnets, imagine what piles of dirt / tire tracks on the map will do to ball travel.

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I'm hoping they hired Michael Knight for the call outs on this game as he seems to be the only human on the pf or at least the biggest by far. Games obviously gonna have a good sense of humor.

It is odd that there's only one person on the playfield. Not odd, though, if it turns out Nedry is the main character in the game.

#691 4 years ago

Nedry's death:

He'd still be alive today if he had been driving a Monster Truck with a supercharger. Just sayin'!

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why, in the name of Jesus’s butthole, does Stern INSIST on using these fucking ugly ass yellow cards? I mean really????

They probably bought out Staples' supply of heavy yellow card stock during a BOGO sale. They're gonna use it all up if it kills 'em. Agreed, it's ugly as sin.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

The flyer states the Jungle Explorer Vehicle is a simple mechanical toy.

Not to worry. They're gonna sell a Monster Truck topper for $425.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

$425? Your being to generous on the price point!

I'm accounting for them being non-functioning upon shipment. One quarter of them will be missing a wheel.

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yellow is the color humans notice first. It's to draw your eyes to the rules.

Well, hell, what we really need are bright yellow pinballs!

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I honestly don’t believe this is the actual LE art, look for something better to be released this is probably a placeholder. Can’t believe the rear hinge is obscuring the main character of the game.

The supercharged Jeep / monster truck isn't the main character?

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ohh man who doesn't know Dennis Nedry...

Persons referring to the actor as Michael Knight or the character as Newman?

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just find it hilarious everyone calls the guy "Newman" when his character in the movie was "Nedry."

Yup. PiperPinball has already announced his "Newman 2.0" mod for the game!

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I find it really strange that JJP apparently has the rights to them but just chose not to.

I doubt that JJP paid for anything that you're not already seeing in the game. The "design decision" argument is a smokescreen for not having paid to make a musical pin out of a musical film. Imagine the response Guns N' Roses will get if it comes out with a single instrumental cover playing on endless repeat. "I DON'T WANT IT NOW!"

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern just released a bksor update. Ight explain the push back of JP release

Because they can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I can’t tell if this Jurassic park thread is now a wonka thread or an avengers thread.

It’s an American thread. Everyone is writing American.

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

All I'm saying is that on a MAJOR focal point / main toy of the game Stern Pinball should have done a better job with hiding / masking the behind the scenes to make it more believable / magical. But again I'm SURE someone will come up with a simple mod to hide it.

You hit upon the solution in your first post. A rubber accordion boot between the T-rex and the back wall. Not unlike how Disney hides the ugliness between cars on their monorail trains.

Monorail (resized).jpgMonorail (resized).jpg

#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Focus on the tip and the shaft, not the base, you'll be fine.

I was just saying this to my wife last night...

#1752 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Won't work for a real live dinosaur.

I believe the real live dinosaur only comes with the Super Limited Edition that won't be announced until after we've all bought the regular Limited Edition.

Speaking of real live dinosaurs... I did volunteer work as an educator at a major metropolitan zoo that brought in Animatronic dinosaurs back when they were relatively new. The name of the tour was "Dinosaurs Alive!" I kid you not, we had people who would go to Guest Services and demand refunds because the dinosaurs weren't actually alive.

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Guess people got to complain about something. It just seems silly to complain about some exposed mech parts on a pinball machine or that something looks toy like. Yeah, that's pinball.

Kaneda was on his FB page complaining about the T-rex eating a screw...

"Stern needs to learn how to HIDE THE SCREWS! I mean the freaking T-Rex is eating a FREAKING SCREW. Come on...this is lazy."

67384062_2301168253478532_4616343949114605568_n (resized).jpg67384062_2301168253478532_4616343949114605568_n (resized).jpg

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I actually expect everyone to hate everything I do

Yours are the best looking games I've ever seen!

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Love the map showing where the other players are on the island. Would be cool if you could land on another players location and somehow do damage to him or his progress.

But the goal of the game is to rescue stranded park staff. You're basically saying that you want to impede one of your co-workers from saving other co-workers. I get plundering from pirates, it's what they do, but who would say, "To hell with you, Bob and Margaret, back into the claws of the velociraptors you go!"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amused_to_death.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=amused_to_death and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.