OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1952 4 years ago

Finally got a chance to look at the specs. I don't usually hold much hope for Stern, but WOW, this game is full-featured! I hope this means that Stern is back, that we'll get games like this from now on. I'm very excited for the company and can hopefully stop bashing it for being blood-sucking-cheap-assed.

The shots looks crazy awesome! The only concern I have is how tight the shots look due to the sheer number of them. Knowing Keith, I'm sure it will still shoot well.

If Stern would bring back SAM, I'd be broke!

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

When exactly did they leave? DP is great, BK3 is amazing, Maiden, BM66, SWars etc. Jesus they put a moving T rex in a pin and its the second coming. I agree the pin looks good and I'm gonna grab a Pro if I like the gameplay, its just this whole Stern has been off their mark for years crap. Its weak, last week

We all know you love Stern, but some of us don't. Get over it. Stern has been stripping value from games for quite some time, which most would agree with. They now appear to be adding back value for the dollar. I didn't mention the T-Rex at all in my post. This game is as loaded as their games USED to be. I compliment the company and you still find a way to troll. LoL.

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This is me being nit-picky, but I really don't consider Stern's scoops to be "Scoops". If I can see the ball sitting there waiting to come back to me....it just doesn't feel the same like the Chair/Swamp on TAF, SOL on AFM, Mosh Pit on MB, Slot Machine/Piano on TZ, Spider Hole on SS, Cellar on Whirlwind, etc.
I think the last game from Stern to REALLY give a true scoop was the Mystery Scoop on Metallica where it actually goes underneath the PF and cannot be seen.
On a less nit-picky note look what is on SyFy today : ). Maybe I'll have to consider getting one more and more ; ).[quoted image]

I don't think that's nit-picky at all. Scoops are supposed to be the end of a sewer line IMHO. I call Stern's potholes because they are not scoops. Stern just doesn't do sewers anymore, except if you consider IMDN's micro sewer. I'm guessing that's why Kieth doesn't bother.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

My last Stern game was The Avengers premium. I quit buying Sterns because I felt they had really cheapened their products and nothing happened that changed my opinion. Until JP. I just ordered an LE. It looks like the 'real deal' to me. I hope my instincts are right in this but if not, I guess I can always resell it.

You can't do worse than Avengers. That's just not possible!

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah I love Stern apparently and yet I'm the troll in a Stern thread, genuis. To say they have been shit for years and finally without even playing u know they have a winner is a compliment? and don't say "we" as if you speak for all of pinside.
[quoted image]

Never said they've been shit and never said it is a winner. More trolling. Good day to you sir.

#2036 4 years ago

The Stern cheapness has been discussed to death, but the days of posts instead of service rails was the worst period. Spike vs Sam and putting a cheap power source in the backbox are big ones to me. Splitting cabs and of course everyone's favorite, coil count!!! I also find that playing my IMDN after IM is night and day for weight. I can toss around IMDN like a six year old, but IM is like tossing around a fatty.

JP2 has a crazy amount of mechs, which is why I'm excited. I personally prefer games that have a bunch of neat ball manipulations. This is a stark contrast to Munsters and BKSOR. I think we owe a lot to Kieth!

#2346 4 years ago

I am happy that Jack does a lot for pinball, and I think his audio and video setups are great. However, I find the production-the actual content-unbearable. Are the videos to reveal and interact? If so, what a great idea! Unfortunately, the reveal (actual useful data) is done so haphazardly that you have to watch a camera happy dude play pinball with his buddies forever to learn simple things about the game. I prefer JJP’s approach with Eric, where organization and information takes precedent over ego. Imagine how wonderful it would be if Bowen did their reveals alone. As of now, I wait until the reveals are online so I can scrub my way through with the volume off. Oh, and I’m not that old, and I’m in a great mood!

#2513 4 years ago

Watching Keith play is a treat. The way he nails the shots so quickly is crazy. I could see this being a really good collection game, much like Maiden is. Animations are great, and I love that Stern puts progress icons etc. on the screen. I wish they would do this even more. What a great looking, sounding and, most importantly, playing game. Stern is earning my respect again.

I swore I would never buy another Spike game... Now I'm going to have to focus really, really hard to resist. DAMN YOU ELWIN!

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Animations on humans look really awkward, as does the monitor shading, looks flat, and that controller panel with modes lit, but then there's really solid work with extra balls, skillshots, and I like the island and how it details where players are. Nice GUI stuff there.
I do wish the score bonus didn't flash from random animation to animation, etc., sans context. Just too much stimulation.
There's a lot of good, fun work here, and I'm really excited to play this in person, and would consider a Pro.

They aren't perfect, but look at stern even two years ago (Aerosmith anyone?). They have made leaps and bounds. I have a few issues with IMDN, but I have zero with this game. The animations are not only well done, they are balanced with serious and humorous. The Pterodactyl) crashing into the glass is freakin' awesome.

#2520 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

In what aspect beside sound integration do you think this beats willy wonka?
I thought the most fun with the stream was...
-it's a spike system, i know this.
Really cool.
It would have been even funnier though if the callout was...
-it's a spike system, nobody knows this.
That would have been really hilarious, but maybe going there is a strech.

I complain about spike like crazy, so that callout was FUCKING HILARIOUS!

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

On the other hand threads like theese, more seems like members of some wierd sect having a get together.
Anybody voicing anything remotely critical or even minor facets gets instantly vailed upon.

I think it's more the way people voice critical opinions, and this applies everywhere in life.

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

(Yes, the usual JJP fanboys will downvote this.)

Nope.

troll (resized).pngtroll (resized).png

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Dirty Donny’s art is my favorite part of Aerosmith - animations included. I guess it’s not for everyone.

I was simply pointing out that Stern has gone from 2d cut-out animations to fully rendered 3d animations. IMDN still has some of that crap in it. I didn't say anything about the game itself or the art on the game, although I do dislike them both tremendously, now that you mention it.

#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Nice side to side comparisons here:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/
Prefer the cabinet and backglass art over the playfield but I buy more for gameplay. Still, looks good to me.

Gameplay looks crazy good. The only translite that I remotely enjoy is the LE. Don't really like the fan-like dino on the pro, and the big raptor on the Prem kinda bugs me. LE looks good though. I'm probably out, but if gameplay is awesome, I'll have to get a prem and swap out the trans.

#3103 4 years ago

Agreed. Pinside is a premium site. Thanks Robin!@

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern has made the node board schematics available for all, for free, on their site. You can now have these boards repaired by a 3rd party if need be in the future.
Order your game and enjoy it!

I'd like to know more about this as well. From what I've read, there are chips on them that have proprietary data that has not been released. If they go bad, you gotta pay. Plus most of the boards cannot be repaired by hand. This means no repairs and no after market boards. It is a legitimate, long-term concern.

#3169 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ummm.... So what repairs them, a robot?

If you have one I suppose. Logic would support that repairs won't happen at all, like my post clearly states.

#3180 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Where are you getting this from? I know very little about board repair but have followed this topic on Pinside. I believe I've seen posts from Pinsiders that work with modern surface mount boards in their day jobs suggesting that Stern's node boards are absolutely repairable "by hand." The issue as I understand it is that pin owners who are accustomed to doing their own repairs on B/W, Whitestar, and SAM boards lack the equipment (hot air rework station) and experience to do it. Assuming what I've read is correct, we should see people with the necessary skills and equipment start to offer repair services on node boards once they begin to fail in sufficient numbers and are no longer being replaced by Stern under their seemingly pretty generous unwritten warranty.

This seems like the more pressing issue.

I'm getting it from pinside, in threads like the one posted above. I also own imdn and can physically look at the boards. I've done alot of board repair, and these are not repairable by most who could repair Sam games. Watch the Aussie guy bitch about it on YouTube if you want to hear it from an experienced router.

I'm not trying to bash Stern or be aggressive about node boards. A guy asked if they are a potential issue, and the jury is out on it. I own a spike game, and I'm not excited about boards I can't repair. The proprietary data makes the repair discussion moot anyway.

My question to you is, do you really believe the boards are going to last forever and that Sterns unwritten warranty is infinite?

#3183 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I am guessing over time solutions / services for repairing the boards will become more common. In the meantime, if you aren't comfortable with the risk sell the game you have while it is working and play more games at friends or on location and stick with older games for purchase. Not much else you can do.

True, but I was responding to a guy that was inquiring about the system, not complaining about my machine. I will likely only own one spike, but who knows. I am excited with Stern lately, but I still question the viability and cost of spike.

2 weeks later
#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Don’t get me wrong. I understand your point of view. I just believe it’s the expection rather than the rule. Yes, the cabinet brackets and service rails were a bad call by Stern, but I believe they fixed that.

My imdnLE has the crap brackets. I paid 12.5k CAD for that machine....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
$ 14.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.