OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stuieb84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Says the person who just ranted about how shit it is, despite never actually seeing the game, let alone seeing it be played, let alone playing. Or hearing it. Or anything.
Good lord, this forum is just full of old sour fucks now. At least wait until the game is revealed to crap on it. But no, everyone already has all kinds of nonsense to be unhappy about over some low rez photos. Didn't get enough hate on Star Wars Home clearly.
If this is actually Keith Elwin's game then I'm sure as hell not betting against it being smart and fun before I play it. And I think anyone who takes the other side of that bet is a sucker. Guess we'll see, but in the meantime maybe eat your prunes or something, and stop taking your cramps out on the poor game before it even has a chance to shine.

Aurich, any chance you would design an alternative backglass for this if there is enough demand? I really like the game, features and cabinet (from what I can see so far), but the backglass is pretty average

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I honestly don’t believe this is the actual LE art, look for something better to be released this is probably a placeholder. Can’t believe the rear hinge is obscuring the main character of the game. I think the premium looks better.
[quoted image]

The aftermarket pinblades are going to be essential purchase on this game in order to get that "world under glass" for pro and premium considering how packed this is with toys and mech. The pinblades are the only real drawcard for me on the LE

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah original cab was better. Stand a mile away squint your eyes you'd still know what the game is. But that style is long gone in the current DETAIL IS KING pinball art world.
The only reason people are saying this looks like Oktoberfest is because GREEN.
Title cards are fine, they match the other colors in the game. Sheesh.
I'm sure Stern was pressured by Universal to make World instead of Park. They probably would have gotten more assets as well. Glad they didn't. Nobody cares about the new movies, but the original is The Millenial's Star Wars.
Its really no different than Stern SW being original trilogy instead of the new movies.

The post of the original artwork and Ben's comments about "detail is king" in pinball hit the nail of the head with what was bothering me about the cabinet and backglass. In terms of graphic design and art 'academic perspective', when a composition has balance (I.e portions of low detail, high detail, and say 3 points of key focus), your brain generally reads something as more pleasing. When something is just high detail all over (backglass, under glass and cabinet) then your brain generally reads the "busy" nature of the design as less pleasing.

Notwithstanding the design choice to go detail all over, I am really excited about what has been designed under the glass and think that this will be a great pin in the long run. If an aftermarket one is made, I think that a simple Jurassic Park logo on the translite might elevate the overall package

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

If you're going to pick on something about BKSOR, it's not the toy. It's made of high quality material and has a freaking flail. That's what it does. It has standups in front of it. Is it higher quality to hit the knight himself? You're not bashing the knight because you can't get to him until the end. you have to fight his minions and everything he puts in your way. Your remark just shows your lack of.... well everything.

I agree with this guy. I don't get all the hate for Black Knight SOR. It is what it is, and might not be for everyone. It's the most attractive pinball release in my opinion that Stern has put out in recent memory. I really like the game and if my wife would let me by another pinball machine, i would have the premium in my house.

I get that we all have different opinions and tastes on pinside, but for people who don't like a pinball machine: stern & jjp aren't making anyone on pinside buy it, or anything

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I assume tomorrow morning is a 30sec teaser. I'm hoping we get a Jack Danger stream over the weekend

Hope that someone dresses up as a dinosaur

#1509 4 years ago

The question is not "should I buy it", or "do I have enough money", rather it is "Will my wife let me".

P.S have a budgerigar (the talking bird) that is learning to talk and I am just trying to teach it to say "new pinball", So that I am not only one pushing for a new pin

20190725_175852 (resized).jpg20190725_175852 (resized).jpg
#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Local distributor updated their site and gave Aussie timelines for the game .... just in time for Christmas
[quoted image]

Which distributer?

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from pinb1:

I believe it too.
There's a set $$$ budget for each game design. If a designer such as Steve can bring a game to market under budget, I'm sure Stern kicks him (as well as other long time designers) a bonus. How else can you explain such a disasterous playfield design on the latest Black Knight, after designing Mega Hits with Williams Black Knight and BK2000. All the code updates and moving posts won't save the current Black Knight, it has no lasting player appeal.

All aspects are built into the price, including risk. The risk is higher with lesser known IP such as Black Knight, then say Jurassic Park. I'm guessing that Stern knows that they are going to sell less volume with Black Knight, so likely require a higher profit margins (I.e lower BOM). That way a game that sells less volume and risk is higher, it can still be profitable.

I am guessing that as Stern is aware Jurassic Park can sell higher volume, so they can take more risk by having a lower margin per sale (I.e higher BOM). The more loaded machine on JP also helps to drive volume.

...just my guess what happened

#2411 4 years ago

I think that Jack Danger is a really positive thing for pinball in general. His videos and streams are entertaining and have a positive slant. I imagine it would take a fair bit of work and time away from family to do what he does, but I'm thankful that he does do it.

#2541 4 years ago

I'm just watching the stream as in Australia and was at work when it was live. Looks pretty fun. The animations look even better than black knight.

Wish that there where more nedry callouts and sound samples from the movie, but overall this game looks like a must buy for any new in box purchasers

#2542 4 years ago

The upper right flipper loop reminds me of the getaway 2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stuieb84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=Stuieb84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.