OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinKopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#400 4 years ago

Hmm, can't wait to see more detailed photos, but this looks pretty nice with a ton of stuff going on. Really can't wait to see some of the mech and ramp/trail details too, this looks pretty complex at first (grainy) glance.

Minor complaint, I can't say that I like the model for the little truck, would have preferred one of the original Jeeps or Explorers - I guess those would have required licensing too? Either way, looking forward to this. I hope the Pro isn't striped down, as I don't want to shell out for the Premium.

With IMDN being my favorite pin I've yet played, Elwin's next is likely a guaranteed buy - can't wait to play it.

#520 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good understanding of the truck functionality? Looks like it spins to point toward map directions, but it appears to have a pair of captive balls (trucknutz?? Lol) below it that also rotate in some manner? Either way, how is the rotation of the truck controlled/triggered?

Do I see a magnet in the raptor pen? Bet that is missing on the Pro too...

#582 4 years ago

So this appears to actually have 4 ramps, right?

- T-Rex ramp, merges trails with:
- Raptor tower "1/2 pipe" ramp, ie the reverse-o style lift ramps like Stern POTC and WPT, and Alien.
- Right ramp, feeds spiral trail to upper flipper
- Far right "1/2 pipe" ramp, beneath upper flipper, also looks like the plunge hits this ramp and ends up in the right return lane/flipper.

I love those little 1/2 pipe ramps, super quick lift to the habitrail and coming back at ya.

#609 4 years ago

What was the last Stern game with 4 ramps? I'm drawing a blank... Loving the layout - and the Pro still has the Spinner up the center shot. Booyah.

I'm official changing KME's initials on Pinside to KMFE - Keith Mother F'in Elwin.

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

4 ramps? Really? That's awesome will need to revisit pics.....

This seems to be the breakdown, at least it's 4 if you count the two 1/2 pipes-

- T-Rex ramp, merges trails with:
- Raptor tower "1/2 pipe" ramp, ie the reverse-o style lift ramps like Stern POTC and WPT, and Alien.
- Right ramp, feeds spiral trail to upper flipper
- Far right "1/2 pipe" ramp, beneath upper flipper, also looks like the plunge hits this ramp and ends up in the right return lane/flipper.

I love those little 1/2 pipe ramps, super quick lift to the habitrail and coming back at ya.

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I see what you mean...are those confirmed or could they be scoops/saucers and then a VUK to wireform?

Confirmed assuming the "Pro Features" image posted on TWIP's FB and linked here earlier is accurate and official, and I understand it correctly. It lists both of those as "1/2 pipe" ramps.

9ea362132f6887fbbb8f45aa2ea30e80de31e3cc (resized).png9ea362132f6887fbbb8f45aa2ea30e80de31e3cc (resized).png
#681 4 years ago

Interesting that Kaneda makes the distinction that the Prem raptor pen has a dropgate in his description, but doesn't call out the moving TRex head as a Prem only feature when listing it... I hope that is in the Pro too.

On the Prem I see:
- sculpted/3d raptor figure (flat "butyrate" plastic/image on pro)
- magnet core looks to be visible inside raptor pen on Prem, not on Pro.
- some difference with the helicopter on the far right, can't tell what.

Anyone spot anything else?

#917 4 years ago

I've seen some truly "rehashed" layouts, or at least some that were debatable. But other than colors, Octoberfest, really? No, this is not a Jurassic Octoberfest for crying out loud. Plain and simple.

Thankfully, as I thought Octoberfest was pretty much garbage in my limited play time on it...

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I hope they don't include that "monster truck" in the animations. Replacing it with a Jeep Wrangler would be my first mod. It looks like it was designed to appeal to my 7 year old kids.
[quoted image]

I was thinking the same thing, but it has to just about be a sure thing that the current truck will be featured in the animations. It's going to feature pretty heavily into the whole map and paddock rules I take it. It also looks proportioned strangely, I'm betting that it is a hollow shell that covers most of the spinning mechanism and might make replacement a challenge too, if so.

Quoted from deibert:

Can someone try to explain this double captive ball?[quoted image]

I'm been wondering about that too. That idea that the second ball is just the active ball in play like someone suggested above makes sense, but you'll notice that the pics of the premium also have two balls there, in a different rotation, along with the truck itself.

#1186 4 years ago

I always thought basing the X-Men pin on the cartoon/comics was a great move - it's the callout voices that didn't quite make the cut there IMO...

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Whatever. I guarangoddamntee you that if Hugh Jackson and Halle Berry’s voices are in XMEN from the get - go, all early code sins are forgiven and it goes down as one of Sterns best modern era games. But now LEs - packed LEs! - sell in the 4’s. The market decided this, not you or I on Pinside.
You’re conflating the benefits of comic art (versus actor based photoshop) with the notion of an actual theme. Comic books don’t really have a theme do they? Oh, well, maybe, if you’re a dork.
The fact is that people want what they saw in the movies. Your false equivalent is akin to cover bands - or karaoke mixes - taking the place of the actual fucking songs in a music pin.
I can’t believe I’m even arguing this point. Twice! Pinside has spoken and the world, as ever, has voted with their wallets. When the movie assets aren’t done right, the games lose their luster. Every. Fucking. Time.
Don’t be obtuse.

The fact is that I didn't want what I saw in the movies. My apologies if I had implied I cared what you thought about X-Men. Any sand that was kicked into your vagina over this apparently very sore subject was purely unintentional, I can assure you.

Perhaps Stern's next title will be more to your liking. I'm hoping plenty of people will enjoy this one, myself included.

#1356 4 years ago

He said the title isn't "Jurassic Park". Probably factually accurate, and it's "Classic Jurassic Park" as with the comic, or something similar...

#1718 4 years ago

Hmm, I like the T-Rex on the premium, but I wonder if it will be a maintenance issue. It has a lot of movement and flopping around.

I think I will go Pro, I'm cheap anyway and $7k is a bit much for me. Tempted though...

Homerun either way, barring unexpectedly poor code or a callout disaster. I'm looking forward to having both of KMFE's masterpieces sitting next to each other.

#1879 4 years ago

I'm curious about the raptor pen on the Pro too. Obviously you don't get the drop bank door in the front, and the up post. But instead of the up post there seems to be a wire gate inside the pen, about where the up post would be.

I don't see any reason for that to be a switch gate, there is already a raptor stand up target at the back to register a full shot hit at the rear of the pen. But if it's not a controlled gate, it can't be a regular one way gate either, unless the rear-left side of the pin is open and it returns the ball out through the control room lane.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

You can clearly see the wire gate in the pro detail shot of the pen here.
e6d99df8c7d2d82643e245cff2589e1cfda00f71 (resized).jpge6d99df8c7d2d82643e245cff2589e1cfda00f71 (resized).jpg

#1883 4 years ago

Looking closer, that gate seems to have a cutout in the top, with what looks like a piece of flat spring steel poking down. Perhaps this is a two way gate, merely intended to slow the ball down as it rebounds back off the target? A successful raptor shot might have been sailing back SDTM or something without that.

I think the door piece you're talking about is just art on the playfield - the feature matrix seems to indicate only the prem/le get the drop bank.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I see one magnet on the pro and two magnets and the premium LE. I don’t know if I am missing something but I don’t see the magnets listed on the matrix spec sheet.

They're up posts, not magnets. Prem/le has an extra up post in the raptor pen area. There are two line items about the up posts on the features matrix.

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

It almost looks like on the pro, when you hit the raptor pen passed the gate, the ball comes down the left lane. Maybe the gate is just a diverter? Would be weird though since the premium feeds it straight back. There’s no reason for that gate otherwise, unless it’s controlled

I thought about that, but there is a shot in the video if paused just right, where you can see the target at the end of the control room lane, and there is clearly no pass through from the raptor pen. It would be behind said target with the positioning...

Edit - screen grab attached. You can also see the piece of spring steel again on the gate. I think that gate is just to slow down the ball, but who knows at this point.
Screenshot_2019-07-26-22-04-30 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-26-22-04-30 (resized).png

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

Looks like a one way gate with an opening back into play via the control room shot...

Snapped a screenshot, zoomed, and lightened it a little. I don't see any way there is a pass through from the pen to the control room lane...

preview (resized).jpgpreview (resized).jpg
#1910 4 years ago

I hope you're right, that would be an interesting exit for the raptor shot.

#2038 4 years ago

Looks like you can obviously short plunge, and dribble out the right side lane. I'm hoping KMFE has planned a few skill shots again like IMDN, that require that by not going through the inlane, maybe. I like having different benefits and rewards to choose from for the skillshot there, but the guaranteed ball to the flipper full plunge is unusual for a Stern, iirc.

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Crushing Loops: How Difficult?
When I watched the gameplay trailer, I was relieved to see, in the very first shot of the ball on the PF, a loop shoot like that of IMDN. But when I look closely at the entrance to the orbit on the left side of the PF, just above the inlet to the ramp beneath the tower, it seems tight enough to make multiple consecutive loops *very* difficult. It's stringing together loops in rapid succession that is the most fun. I can foresee the majority of my loop attempts ending up in that ramp inlet instead. The Warp Ramp on ST, by contrast, has a large mouth - and I need every bit of that to string together loops. KME likes to make the shots on his games as hard as he would prefer them himself - which, for the best player in the world, can be exceedingly tight/hard. The shot through the pops to that standup target at the very back of the PF is another one that will demand an elusive degree of precision.[quoted image]

The ramp shot definitely looks far easier to hit from the side there, with the long lead-in wall on the left side of it - the loop will be significantly tighter. Here's hoping it's still loop-able for us here mortals.

I struggle to hit the small upper right-loop on IMDN - I've probably chained together a max of 4 loops on that one, and only a couple times ever. Even getting 2 on a row is fairly rare for me...

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How does the ball comes out of shooter lane?

It is shot into the right-most shot lane (below upper flipper), directly into a half pipe ramp that reverses direction of the ball back toward you as it lifts it into the habitrail, where if ends up dropping to the right inlane, to the flipper.

Presumably if you short plunge and don't make the half pipe ramp, the ball will roll back down the lane. How controllable that is, and what shots (if any) you're encouraged to make as a skill shot that differ from the full plunge remains to be seen...

#2257 4 years ago

I've liked the art just fine since the first pics, feels like Jurassic Park to me. Nedry on the playfield is polarizing perhaps - but I think I like the style. It's a huge improvement over the DE game IMO...

I don't understand the display criticisms though - that chopper animation on the reveal trailer looks great to me, and the goat animation shown elsewhere looks really great too. I'm excited to see more. Custom animations to go with custom (I hope) callouts by Nedry himself could be epic...

#2290 4 years ago

Dead Flip does great videos, IMO, he does interact with his chatroom enough that it can sometimes be annoying, but you can't exactly build a Twitch streaming/chat community without interacting with your chat room during your streams... He makes a point to have silent sections to enjoy the audio, and goes to the trouble to do direct audio feeds from the machine usually. Does anyone else even do that at all?

I can honestly think of no one else in the community already that could pull off the reveal and stream videos like Jack Danger/Dead Flip. I say keep up the great work good sir!

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just two more hours until y’all can nitpick the gameplay instead of each other.

You underestimate Pinside sir - we can do both!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinKopf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=PinKopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.