OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 4 years ago

The CGI better be way better than Dead Pool, its Jurassic Park, cartoony crap or 8 bit will not cut it. They clearly leveraged the assets for the phone game for Iron Maiden and I thought that style did not fit at all for Maiden. They better have the original sound from the movie, It needs the exact roars and screams of the dinosaurs.

#466 4 years ago

I just can't get my head around a JP with out some of the classic JP shots. If they can cartoon it and have the exact shots and sound it would be ok. If all of that is lost from the pin than I'm out.

#483 4 years ago

They are clearly trying to follow the Data East and do like a 2.0 but seriously Stern there was no reason to follow the shit art on the original.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

This is confusing to me. If you want a JP pin with classic JP shots, then why not buy a Data East JP. Why would STERN spend the time and money to rehash parts an existing design and then always be criticized for ripping off the original JP?
As is, there are still a fair amount of similarities: large T-Rex head on the upper left, an upper right flipper that shoots an orbit around, some kind of comm's center or something on the left instead of the two large scoops...

I own both the JP pins already, is it so wrong to want a modern Stern JP pin with the sights and sounds of the movie.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

This at first glance looks about 100X better than the original...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

They are clearly taking inspiration from the original art. The one thing that everyone agrees on the original is the art is shit. Why pay homage to the worst thing on the original pin.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

As a HUGE JP fan I say no - gimme as many as you can ha. Not to derail this thread but are the rules as bad on Lost World as I've heard? I actually like a lot of the Sega games and obviously would love to have a Lost World next to my JP, but haven't really heard much positive about it...

I grabbed mine because it's cheap and Greg Bone talked how good it was. It's great I totally enjoy it and always go back for more. The rule set is not super deep or anything and I never play it for points. You just keep trying to work your way through it and its tough. There are lots of modes but they are all kinda the same make the shots to start the mode and make the shots to work your way through. Its full featured, shaker, magnets, multiple toys, you cant go wrong for the price.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

"I just can't get my head around a JP with out some of the classic JP shots." I took this to mean the physical playfield shots... Did you mean shots, as in, video shots? i.e. on the display and nothing to do with the layout. If so, then disregard my post because that's what I was talking about.
At least you get the John William's soundtrack on the STERN in decent audio...

I meant the iconic shots in the movie, sorry I should have said scenes. I meant the shots of Trex in the rain and the falling banner. "Clever Girl", the girl falling through the roof. The moments from the movie are epic and the heart of the nostalgia.

#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know this site is full of old men, but does everything have to be nostalgic, pre-chewed, and a "remember when?" moment? The entire game is one giant nostalgic throwback to the Data East already, that's not enough for you ? You need to literally watch the same scenes over and over?
After it's properly revealed I'm sure people will have plenty to say. I'm much more curious about the game after hearing it won't have a bunch of boring movie clips, gives me hope this is actually going to be a product of some creativity. The less it apes the exact film stuff the better as far as I'm concerned, but I guess we'll see.

Are you serious? LOL, if your making a pin as a giant nostalgic throw back sorry I thought you might include the sights and sounds of the movie just like the original did.

#583 4 years ago

I can live with out the actors and the clips, I love the original and the art is terrible on it so I can give it a pass on the art choice, but the sound is the clincher for me. I need to hear the authentic Trex roar and Raptor scream. The dinosaur sound have to be legit and don't even get me started on the whole you can just do it yourself later thing.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

you haven't even HEARD my dinosaur sounds yet! sheesh

We are just shooting the breeze and talking about the pin. They say opinions are like assholes for a reason. Why are people so damn shook over other peoples feelings on a pin.

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quite right, plus certain themes without clips just wouldn't fly at all. I mean if they ever did Robocop and didn't have clips...... I'd still buy it [quoted image]

I would be disappointed but I could live with out clips on Robocop but it would have to have the real voices for callouts. There are just too many amazing sound bites not to have them.

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Punishment for the leak? I mean it's Stern, they probably updated the code and bricked the thing

Stern makes some odd choices but not even Stern would try and punish there customer base because of a leak. The usual course of action when something leaks like this is to drop everything early and try and redirect conversation back to the company. I was very surprised they didn't release official pictures the moment the leak broke.

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I still wanna know how the raptors placed Sam Jackson's severed arm so perfectly in that doorway so it would fake out, then fall on Laura Dern's shoulder.
Would make a great Robot Chicken sketch. Also kind of like in Family Guy Star Wars when they try to pull the couch out of the trash compactor.

That scene is so campy and cheesy I thought it must have been on purpose like an homage to early black and white monster movies. It felt like the Wolfman or the Mummy.

#2481 4 years ago

I love what they have done with the modes and working your way through. It feels like an adventure and a little video game like in a great way. One thing they need to have is an alternate mode. Once you get to the final wizard mode they should unlock a play type that lets you pick your mode and not have to follow the path. It’s very linear and I can see the early modes getting tiresome and you rarely get to experience the later modes.

It is disappointing the Trex on the pro does nothing.

2 weeks later
#3327 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

LOL. So far as toppers are concerned that's pretty awesome.

You really shouldn't use gay in that context, I'm not judging you as I have used it myself before realizing the impact it can have.

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

While I get what you are trying to say, in this case it seems meant to literally mean homosexual. Not as a negative but as a fact.
A grown man with a thing for Jeff Goldblums chest may have some questions about his sexuality. Goldblum has that effect on people though

Even if literally meant as homosexual its completely sexist. A dude can't have his shirt off without being a homosexual, women are not allowed to check dudes out. Tits and Ass are ok but this massively iconic moment is homo erotic? I do agree with the sentiments to his hotness. In this day and age putting any kind of sexual orientation on it is just a bad look all around.

Its just the kind of thing that my kids roll their eyes in disgust and say your so old.

#3336 4 years ago

No I was not in any way, I was just trying to provide some information. I didn't think he intended it in any way as homophobic or sexist. I was just trying to let him know in this day and age a lot of people would see it that way.

I do find it fascinating that, I tried to be polite and even mentioned that I have done this myself, I didn't thumbs down his post. Yet people are so triggered by my comments I'm getting the quotes and thumbs down.

#3352 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Do these pins offend you?[quoted image][quoted image]

That is any way relevant? Feel free to PM me if you feel the need but lets leave this thread for Jurassic Park.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.