OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #404 Promo Photos Posted by Coolpinballdino (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Stream Reveal Posted by Auror (4 years ago)

Post #1501 Feature matrix Posted by Spyderturbo007 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

From you-know-who
[quoted image]

I can't make out anything, BUT IT LOOK LOADED!!!

This's the next JJP?! *sarcasm*

Srsly, I'd NEVER expected something like that anymore of Stern.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Is that a real image?

What is a not-real image?

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha damn it Nadine you know what I’m saying

But to be serious:
Distributors were briefed. That where the pictures come from.
Why should the other pic be a fake, now that the real ones are around.

#491 4 years ago

Ok, guys, game looks incredible but not get distracted by that.

Back to pinside roots!

Complete that sentence:

Sterns Jurassic Park is shit, because...

#585 4 years ago

With that green area in the middle it looks just like Oktoberfest!

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Art was great (other than the Back Glass), the point is it might have had the "feel" of GB but it felt like a piece of hot garbage covered in hobo shit to play.

Sweet, sweet hobo shit!

Man I loved that game... until I sold it and noticed it nearly killed my love for the hobby deep inside of me.

It's a great looking piece of theme integrated... hobo shit.

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Why, in the name of Jesus’s butthole, does Stern INSIST on using these fucking ugly ass yellow cards? I mean really????[quoted image]

Stern used to offer "nice" cards for download (Star Trek).

And you obviously can buy a Star Wars Home.

If you don't like the Pro because it's not the real thing, you need that yellow cards.
Since they are needed to be as visible (stick out) as possible on location, when you stand in front of the machine.

Edit: But yeah it would be nice if they'd still make them and pack them in. One with rules, one with the logofor home owners who don't need the pricing info.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just a heads up I just asked my wife to look at that pic and tell me what game is from 1993 and what is from 2019 as she never plays ever and she thought the DE pf was the new one. Whomp whomp.

Of course.

The resolution on the right side picture is much higher, so it has to be newer.

EASY! - Duh!

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

First reaction:
1) Hard to really say one way or another because this photos aren't very good. You can't zoom in and see any detail so honestly everyone should hold off and wait for the final photos/videos. Secondly without seeing a video of it being played again hard to tell.
2) Negatives: It looks just like Octoberfest. Not crazy about the artwork or the color of powder coating on an LE. If the game doesn't have video assets from the movie, the game isn't in my view a high end collector game. There is a new standard for collector games and I think you need clips from the movie. If this game doesn't how is the game really JP it could then very well just be a dino themed pinball. What is the deal with that goofy looking toy jeep? I'm sorry that looks goofy. Last negative why would stern all these to be leaked without actually releasing real photos?
3) Positives: Unlike the most barron game in modern history "Black Knight" the game seems packed with stuff, to the point it almost look a bit cluttered. No matter I'm happy to see Stern getting back making a World under the glass. But I have to say again without seeing high rez its hard to tell pro or con.
4) Negatives Part 2: I'm not sure this theme is what anyone is dying to buy. There is already a widely loved JP game out there, and without the movie clips I don't know why we need another one honestly. I think Stern should have done Stranger Things. With all that being said this is the game in a row based on a movie that Stern didn't get the movie assets (Deadpool). As a pinball COLLECTOR I want movie clips. If I was a pinball player I agree who cares.
5) Will the game sell? This game isn't going to sell like Ghostbusters or ACDC because honestly I don't think people care about collectables from this franchise. People might see the movies but do they inspire people to collect from the films? I think the answer is no. People are going out of their way to get collectables from Halloween, Stranger Things, Star Wars, etc... not JP. I think the game is going to sell but it will be something just above average for Stern. Lastly on this subject this game is going to be compared to Octoberfest... so what that means is now Octoberfest is DOOMED.
6) No matter what I said or anyone said, doesn't matter until you see HIGH REZ photos. No matter what anyone says, until you play it you don't know anything... based on what I see the three takeaways are these:
a) Pinball game looks packed that is great. Looks like a really fun pinball to play.
b) Not crazy about missing film clips, not crazy about the art or powder coating on an LE.
c) The theme for me is kinda like okay I've seen the movies, they're okay, fun movies but nothing you collect from like on Star Wars.
I think people are going to get excited about the game if for no other reason than people want to see a new game from Stern with a license with more toys, and creative ramps, ect Iron Maiden is a popular game because of the game itself, but the band just isn't that popular. I think this is why more people will want to buy this title over the last few because there are more people familiar with the theme. Last but not least Black Knight is about to lose every ounce of press from Stern going forward. Everything is going to be about JP and this game is going to create a lot of sales of Black Knights, Deadpools, etc.
Pinball players like a good pinball game, like Iron Maiden, but collectors want something more. I think this new game is somewhere in the middle so we'll just have to wait and see the final product.

Wait, is it october allready?

No more games until then according to you.

Does that mean you were wrong???

NO WAY!!!

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Anybody know what the price on the new Jurassic Park's is going to be?

Same as always?

#1060 4 years ago

I dunno what everyone has with the art.

Especially when we can't see shit on this low res pictures.

Only complaint from my side would be the composition of the backglasses/ translites, since there is no real 'center'or focus point (JP DE has the bis T-Rex above the logo dead center)...

...and even that is a thing mostly with all pinball ("just throw EVERYTHING and EVERYONE onto that picture") only here the artist doesn't have a lot to work with.

#1091 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Another Jurassic Park! Hopefully the gameplay outweighs the theme.
Unlike BKSOR where the theme outweighs the gameplay.

Not sure if you're plain wrong (in my opinion of course) or my english is too bad.

BKSoR is pure gold for me, my only gripe is that the knight doesn't 'shake'.

#1099 4 years ago

You don't delay a reveal to a friday... *sceptical*

#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess it depends on if it's your birthday?

OMG, I help at front office in a hospital nearby and just laughed trough the whole building. XD

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If he shook, you'd want his head to spin around. It's never enough.

I know what you mean but that thing in particular is a "no".

Of course something representing the other monsters would be nice.

#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Dude, are you from Canada or what? What’s with the constant “aboot”? If you live in MI, write Amercan!

"Amercan" is a language I've never heard of. XD

Well, since this is a Dutch Forum why not write in Dutch?

#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I am a dealer and know what the next pin is. I can't say what it is but I can say what it isn't.

Ok,... Then... What are these pics?

I'd like you to be right I guess, since JP is not my cup of tea. But the game looks like a game changer and I want to see it.

But well,.... I can wait.

Gimme Brian Eddy's Bill & Ted.

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

George Gomez is going to be going on this tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/rcaderadio/live?fbclid=IwAR1G-E7fhp-THfi5bPQAsD
I wonder what they will talk about.

Link won't work.

Star Wars Home propably, since this is his new game.

#1242 4 years ago

You guys wanted a countdown, you got a countdown. XD

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Polarizing theme for sure.
Mummy lock feels pretty dang innovative to me though! Single Newton ball as well, although it was kind of flaky.
I'm also a big fan of the light beacon thingie... but sure, no obvious toys. And if we're talking pro, then yeah, fair enough LOL. I'd still take it over 99% of what's out there.
Very excited to see what JP offers. Code and geometry is flawless in Maiden, if this is the same team it's gonna be hard to resist JP based on the crappy pictures floating around.

Maiden Pro is my go to game on location and I suspect the most played, because most times there're people on it when I go there.
But somehow I just could not get around to buy one because it's so... toyless.
It is just incredibly fun to shoot (many options) nontheless, while not agreeing about code & geometry.
A game like Star Wars Pro (wich is a way simpler Design) is way smoother and I personally prefer the Code to have some goal/ story to hint at.
As I unterstand it Maiden has a story from the comic book (collecting some soul shards for... something) but it's mainly for points.
A game like BKSoR resonates more with me, very obviously having to defeat the Black Knight.

But with Jurassic Park we may get an interresting new playfield layout plus toys and (hopefully) some sort of story related goal.

#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

I think the gist of the 'story' is the journey to defeat The Beast. Certainly not the deepest or most engaging tale but its no more shallow than something like Black Knight or The Munsters (tragic waste of theme).

Well, a story "Rescue the Princess" or "Defeat the Evil Overlord" is absolutely suficcient, but how come I never noticed that in Maiden?

In Black Knight it's obvious what you have to do, even when the game is powered off.
That's why I love it. For an arcade game that is pure gold!

An Munsters is... well. I have no clue.
But to be fair I would not be able to come up with any story related goal either.
It shoots great.

#1254 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Quoted from PinballAlley:
I am a dealer and know what the next pin is. I can't say what it is but I can say what it isn't.
is it >!?
Jaws
Stranger Things
Elvira 3

Well, if PinballAlley is right this would be some heck of a (troll) move...

If not it's save to say PinballAlley lost all his credibility and will be mocked for all eternity (so maybe 3 days), right?

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I wonder what will be on the LCD? "An interactive CD ROM?"
Seems they're making a generic "Dinosaur Hunt Adventure" branded with Jurassic Park instead of following the movies. (Also generic monster truck = don't need a Jeep or Ford license)

I usually get your opinion and why you're kinda negative on stuff but shouldn't we at least wait for some actuall footage before poopooing on the LCD content?

#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

George Gomez is going to be going on this tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/rcaderadio/live?fbclid=IwAR1G-E7fhp-THfi5bPQAsD
I wonder what they will talk about.

That was a waste of time...

...I think they forgot that George was there with them.

Now 57 minutes in and 50 minutes of them the 3 guys talk among themselves.

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not surprised with your instant defense but how do you defend Joe's statement there of what you see is what you get? Are you saying Joe understands the issues but his hands are tied? I mean seriously? I know you think the art on the SE is great so I'm trying to keep things in check here but you can't really believe that right? The guy is in charge of the direction of the code and how things play out. He's admitted that he thinks the alternative would get boring and won't permit it. Did you miss that?

It means "buy the game for what it is".
(Or don't buy it.)

That does not mean nothing will get added, but it does mean you'll be a lot happier with you purchase.

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You've probably been speaking American every single time you’ve uttered a word in the English language for as long as you’ve lived. But whatever man. You do you.

People already hinted you at the joke, so...

But regarding your answer:
No, we learn British english in school.

#1650 4 years ago

Could Mods please "Un-Hide" this thread?

#1667 4 years ago

Noone made a trailer with the original score yet?

#1674 4 years ago

It doesn't look that way at the first glance but while the Pro still looks great it lost a lot of interactivity.

No Raptor Cage Lock & Bashtoy, no horizontal Spinner, no animated T-Rex Head...

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but check out maybe the best Stern shooter knob yet! For Jurassic Park, Stern is making a shooter accessory that is the mosquito encased in amber just like the movie, AND IT LIGHTS UP to make it glow! Incredible and a must-have mod. (Pictures below with light on and off)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It was nice having you STERN.

Monday PETA will violently storm their factory...

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Isn't the story here that the entire movie already happened and you're now just part of the SWAT team in the end scene that gets flown in to shoot at everything that moves?

That actually would be great!

#1834 4 years ago

Trailer with the "original" Jurassic Park main theme music in it...

...from everybodys favorite troll.

But I have to admit, I laughed my butt off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.