OogGVgR (resized).jpg
eaa413c52c22d45c0ffa37f716f5da41 (resized).png
14B1FB8C-079D-4E0D-9068-C7F93D5B4542.gif
DAF0E307-0638-4179-AC1C-5309A60252E3.gif
grow-huge-buds (resized).jpg
legal-marijuana-in-michigan-looks-promising (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP-grass (resized).jpg
Jurassic-Park-LE-Flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 73.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

She spins the Explorer.

correct, but still a car, guess that's creative freedom

#352 4 years ago

Can't wait to jazz it up with those cheap dinosaurs from the dollar store.

#353 4 years ago

So glad there's no movie clips. Gotg was such garbage having to be stuck using the clips. Annimation allows the machine to be customized. Dead pool is so much better than gotg due to this. Bring it on!

#354 4 years ago

Animations (if they have voice overs) would be similar to LOTR, would it not?

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Animations (if they have voice overs) would be similar to LOTR, would it not?

Totally.

Except with way more dinosaurs and fewer castles probably.

#356 4 years ago

The CGI better be way better than Dead Pool, its Jurassic Park, cartoony crap or 8 bit will not cut it. They clearly leveraged the assets for the phone game for Iron Maiden and I thought that style did not fit at all for Maiden. They better have the original sound from the movie, It needs the exact roars and screams of the dinosaurs.

#357 4 years ago

Reveal on Thursday.

0253CA0B-CD12-41EB-825E-506F0CE89525 (resized).jpeg0253CA0B-CD12-41EB-825E-506F0CE89525 (resized).jpeg
#358 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is kaneda in on an LE for a few weeks before canceling?

You mean, waiting to see if it's still being hyped so he can flip it.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The CGI better be way better than Dead Pool, its Jurassic Park, cartoony crap or 8 bit will not cut it. They clearly leveraged the assets for the phone game for Iron Maiden and I thought that style did not fit at all for Maiden. They better have the original sound from the movie, It needs the exact roars and screams of the dinosaurs.

Stern has stated (Chuck Ernst interview) that for Deadpool, they started with high res and worked them all back to 16-bit graphics. I would look at BKSOR as your example for animations.

#361 4 years ago

If you must make a JP pin then classic JP is the smart move. Again, it's "the millenial's Star Wars" and they're the ones plunking quarters on location.

RE: art, hopefully they go "full Mondo" and make it more of a pop culture piece. Would love to see old man heads explode if the cabinet sides were the open shirt reclining Jeff Goldbulm.

No original voice? That's troubling. Redneck guy - "YE HAW life well, life um, it finds a way YA'LL!"

Video: A videogame-like representation of the movie events would go like gangbusters with the target demo. (see Deadpool) It would be very clever on Stern's part especially as movie assets continue to skyrocket in price.

#362 4 years ago

I get it, it's a new pin, it'll be different than the other JP pins....will it be an instant classic?

In my opinion no!

An instant classic would be Totan,CV, etc....

Not Stern's MO

Might I favor stern differently if they even occasionally released an original concept/theme

Absolutely!

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

From you-know-who
[quoted image]

I can't make out anything, BUT IT LOOK LOADED!!!

This's the next JJP?! *sarcasm*

Srsly, I'd NEVER expected something like that anymore of Stern.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Reveal on Thursday.[quoted image]

Pics already out there!

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

I have not been paying attention to the Stern® Rewards Program™ with respect to the new releases as they come out (I just found out about it, and am eligible)... is there a delay on the machines on the Rewards Program with new titles?
I'm in for one of Keith's games, and will be happy with either. Would just know if that's an option in the next couple of months.

Never at launch. Typically it's not until the next game is launched, although Stern has done it in advance in the past.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pics already out there!

besides kaneda....where? I don't do facebook....bring them in here.

#367 4 years ago

I'd rather see Stern spend the money on physical features and original animations rather than media rights and actors clearances. Based on the picture, that's exactly what happened here. I'll take cool animations I've never seen before over clips from the movie we've seen ad nauseam with an empty playfield.

-Doug

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

besides kaneda....where? I don't do facebook....bring them in here.

Exactly. I call bullshit!

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

If your idea of an instant classic is CV, which bombed so bad Williams closed it out for $1,700 NIB, then I hope for Stern's sake JP2 isn't an instant classic.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I get it, it's a new pin, it'll be different than the other JP pins....will it be an instant classic?
In my opinion no!
Not Stern's MO
Might I favor stern differently if they even occasionally released an original concept/theme
Absolutely!

Well, BK was SR's original concept, who now works for Stern, so SOR has to get some kind of consideration for an original theme. How any/all the old J-Pop games might be considered "classics" baffles me. Pretty, but not great players--that's just my view.

#371 4 years ago

Welcome to....Jurassic Park!

Screenshot_2019-07-23-12-31-17~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-23-12-31-17~2 (resized).png
#372 4 years ago

20190723_134122 (resized).jpg20190723_134122 (resized).jpg
I didn't take this picture. It's not my fault someone use a potato to take the picture

#373 4 years ago

Who took that photo? Why are they using such a horrible camera in 2019? Reminiscent of a blurry big foot pic or grainy ufo footage. You'd have to purposefully go out of your way to somehow capture the whole playfield and yet hide the image

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Decker1756:

Who took that photo? Why are they using such a horrible camera in 2019? Reminiscent of a blurry big foot pic or grainy ufo footage. You'd have to purposefully go out of your way to somehow capture the whole playfield and yet hide the image

It's because it is probably a low res image from a flyer that someone blew up to a huge size. Doesn't mean it's a bad photo on a crappy camera.

#375 4 years ago

I've got an old Kodak Instamatic that takes better photos...

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

[quoted image]

jp (resized).jpgjp (resized).jpg
#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Welcome to....Jurassic Park![quoted image]

Is that a real image?

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Is that a real image?

What is a not-real image?

#379 4 years ago

Seems to be a .PNG; so it checks out

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

In my opinion no!
Not Stern's MO
Absolutely!

I hope it is an instant classic. It would be Great for pinball.

I love the movie and the original pin.
The only downside would be that I don't have 7k to buy one

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

So far, not too impressed by Johnny Crap’s art. Hope it’s better than his dickbutt pics. Hoping to see some better pics soon

#382 4 years ago

Why the hell does it look like the JP comics

F0AEB2A6-807C-4AF2-BDCE-1310E0ABED05 (resized).pngF0AEB2A6-807C-4AF2-BDCE-1310E0ABED05 (resized).png
#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This would gel with the monster truck tires on the playfield image.

Quoted from Coz:

So far, not too impressed by Johnny Crap’s art. Hope it’s better than his dickbutt pics. Hoping to see some better pics soon

More dickbutt pics???

I'm not so keen on what I've seen either.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What is a not-real image?

Ha ha damn it Nadine you know what I’m saying

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Couldn't license the Jeep wrangler?

#386 4 years ago

no movie clips is fine, lotr doesn't have movie clips...

but no movie actor callouts is a problem

#387 4 years ago

Why the hell does it look like the JP comics[quoted image]

Because Johnny Crap is the artist. Check out his art at:

http://www.johnnycrap.com/

#388 4 years ago

Why is your phone at 19%?

#390 4 years ago

Let's just wait and see Greg!
It'll still look good next to our LWJP!

#391 4 years ago

IMDN art was based on the comic and the online app, so maybe the new JP art is more comic in style as well? I believe KME said there was a lot less hassle with approvals using this system.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Couldn't license the Jeep wrangler?

I agree- where’s the iconic Jeep or Explorer from the film? I know, licensing.......

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Ha ha most of my work is done on my phone so it goes quick!

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

IMDN art was based on the comic and the online app, so maybe the new JP art is more comic in style as well?

Could be based on the new Netflix show

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is kaneda in on an LE for a few weeks before canceling?

The difference being he would have the game in his house in a few weeks instead of waiting until Halloween to change his mind

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Hey! Mine is on 19% too

1D905777-6570-45B3-A1BB-72C6395DA863 (resized).jpeg1D905777-6570-45B3-A1BB-72C6395DA863 (resized).jpeg
#397 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Yeah whats up with that? What happens when you get a hot real-estate deal and your phone runs out? Are you mad?? Surely there must be a charging station in one of those corn fields! Tell Zach to give you a raise with his pinball empire and buy you one of those charger gizmos!

#398 4 years ago

Look at the logo art...i'm betting this was based off the comic, just like Deadpool was. Makes a lot of sense. Deadpool the comic was an attractive theme for the Stern team because they had almost unlimited freedom in the design process (according to them). And we know from past statements, the team doesn't do themes they can't get interested in (See: Beetlejuice). So using the Jurassic Park the comic would probably allow similar design freedom, and would explain why they aren't using video clips from the movies. I'm honestly a fan of this approach.

#399 4 years ago

Ha ha damn it Nadine you know what I’m saying

But to be serious:
Distributors were briefed. That where the pictures come from.
Why should the other pic be a fake, now that the real ones are around.

#400 4 years ago

Hmm, can't wait to see more detailed photos, but this looks pretty nice with a ton of stuff going on. Really can't wait to see some of the mech and ramp/trail details too, this looks pretty complex at first (grainy) glance.

Minor complaint, I can't say that I like the model for the little truck, would have preferred one of the original Jeeps or Explorers - I guess those would have required licensing too? Either way, looking forward to this. I hope the Pro isn't striped down, as I don't want to shell out for the Premium.

With IMDN being my favorite pin I've yet played, Elwin's next is likely a guaranteed buy - can't wait to play it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 3,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/8?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.